Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

sweetener
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

Unread post by sweetener »

It pissed me off when Phil said "Absolutely power corrupts absolutely." This is not some power move by their hospital's admin. They just want to keep patients safe! Patients that include other people and not just Phil and Alex's baby. Phil and Alex aren't even doing everything they can to flatten the curve. They're not even wearing their masks properly. How do they know that every person who comes into the NICU are doing what they should? The NICU wants to limit as much people as possible because it only takes ONE person and those babies are extremely fragile as it is. Also, Davidson County (which is where Nashville/Vanderbilt is located) has the highest number of COVID-19 in the state. AND, isn't Phil at high risk? Her parents are high risk because of their age. Even non-high risk individuals have died from COVID-19, so their whole (what seems to me as) indifference on this is very irresponsible imo.
Scoobs212
Talker
Talker

Re: Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

Unread post by Scoobs212 »

Phil & Alex have every right to be disappointed by the new NICU policy, but they lost all credibility when they started ranting about sick, twisted overreach and infant trauma. Give me a freaking break. This is not some devious attempt by the hospital to ruin your birth experience and traumatize your baby.
It's also very telling the way she brushed off the fact that Kinsley and Callie wouldn't be able to visit at all. She says, "Yeah, but I knew that. I knew they couldn't visit. I knew grandparents wouldn't be able to visit." As if it's no big deal. Already she's behaving as if he, Phil & bio baby are their own family unit, and Kinsley & Callie are on the same level as grandparents.
honeynlemon
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by honeynlemon »

I’m so surprised that they were even both planning on staying at the Ronald McDonald house anyway.... well I’m not actually surprised. The reasonable thing to do would be for the parents to switch off while one stays home with the girls. Even with grandparents there, their current children need to feel loved. How sad, selfish, and childish.
rd_valo
Informer
Informer

Unread post by rd_valo »

Wasn't Alex a nicu nurse? She shouldn't need this explained to her, she should be fully aware of infection control and why it's so important. Such self absorbed people

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Scandiqueen
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Scandiqueen »

Goodgirl wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 3:55 am The comments on her IG are insane. I was searching to find anyone disagreeing with her and found only support. I am honestly shocked and am also very disappointed that so many hundreds of people are also not taking this seriously. Disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They must be filtering comments surely? As I looked too and found not one person disagreeing with them?
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

Scoobs212 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:44 am Phil & Alex have every right to be disappointed by the new NICU policy, but they lost all credibility when they started ranting about sick, twisted overreach and infant trauma. Give me a freaking break. This is not some devious attempt by the hospital to ruin your birth experience and traumatize your baby.
It's also very telling the way she brushed off the fact that Kinsley and Callie wouldn't be able to visit at all. She says, "Yeah, but I knew that. I knew they couldn't visit. I knew grandparents wouldn't be able to visit." As if it's no big deal. Already she's behaving as if he, Phil & bio baby are their own family unit, and Kinsley & Callie are on the same level as grandparents.
It’s evident that they view their family unit as very separate. They have their two charity case adoptions that prove their testimony of faith and demonstrate what stellar Christians they are and then they have their REAL bio baby, miracle. There are numerous examples of this, including their awful new intro which just mentions their miracle pregnancy after 8 years of infertility but mentions nothing about their two girls they already have. Yes it sucks that with the current situation P+A can’t be in the NICU together but at least they both have the opportunity to be there and have time with their new baby... the girls very well might not meet their sibling for over a month after she’s born and as a mom myself that would upset me more than just not being able to be in the NICU at the same time as my husband. Alex also criticized NICU nurses for following protocol and not “thinking outside of the box” And she ranted about how no one could promise her that she could breastfeed her baby... just seems odd that she has so much disdain towards her previous profession. Also seems like she should know that no one can promise her anything simply because having a NICU baby is full of uncertainties and no doctor or nurse knows what the condition of their baby will be like and what interventions she will require until she’s here. It’s sad how she is so out of touch with reality and really believes that because they went through such a struggle to have this miracle baby that the professionals should tailor the treatment plan and rules to them specifically. I wonder when Alex was working as a NICU nurse, did she take time to hear all of her patients stories and bend the rules for them individually? I’m sure she cared for many babies that were long awaited babies from couples who may have gone through infertility struggles. I’m sure that not only did she not show them any additional compassion, but she was probably also bitter and angry towards them that someone else could have a baby when she couldn’t. I saw on their YT comments a NICU nurse that works at their hospital said she felt sorry this was the reality but that they were trying to keep everyone safe etc and then said she would email P+A. They responded saying they would await the email. I’m sure she’s hoping their video garnered sympathy and a nurse will change rules for them.... unbelievable
Scoobs212
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Scoobs212 »

skiingmama1 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:12 am
Scoobs212 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:44 am Phil & Alex have every right to be disappointed by the new NICU policy, but they lost all credibility when they started ranting about sick, twisted overreach and infant trauma. Give me a freaking break. This is not some devious attempt by the hospital to ruin your birth experience and traumatize your baby.
It’s evident that they view their family unit as very separate. They have their two charity case adoptions that prove their testimony of faith and demonstrate what stellar Christians they are and then they have their REAL bio baby, miracle. There are numerous examples of this, including their awful new intro which just mentions their miracle pregnancy after 8 years of infertility but mentions nothing about their two girls they already have. Yes it sucks that with the current situation P+A can’t be in the NICU together but at least they both have the opportunity to be there and have time with their new baby... the girls very well might not meet their sibling for over a month after she’s born and as a mom myself that would upset me more than just not being able to be in the NICU at the same time as my husband. Alex also criticized NICU nurses for following protocol and not “thinking outside of the box” And she ranted about how no one could promise her that she could breastfeed her baby... just seems odd that she has so much disdain towards her previous profession. Also seems like she should know that no one can promise her anything simply because having a NICU baby is full of uncertainties and no doctor or nurse knows what the condition of their baby will be like and what interventions she will require until she’s here. It’s sad how she is so out of touch with reality and really believes that because they went through such a struggle to have this miracle baby that the professionals should tailor the treatment plan and rules to them specifically. I wonder when Alex was working as a NICU nurse, did she take time to hear all of her patients stories and bend the rules for them individually? I’m sure she cared for many babies that were long awaited babies from couples who may have gone through infertility struggles. I’m sure that not only did she not show them any additional compassion, but she was probably also bitter and angry towards them that someone else could have a baby when she couldn’t. I saw on their YT comments a NICU nurse that works at their hospital said she felt sorry this was the reality but that they were trying to keep everyone safe etc and then said she would email P+A. They responded saying they would await the email. I’m sure she’s hoping their video garnered sympathy and a nurse will change rules for them.... unbelievable
I'd still like to know how they got to 8 years of infertility when just 2 months ago on their babymoon video it was 7 years. You don't continue to count your time of infertility when you're already pregnant, nitwits.
I can't imagine what that email from the Vandy nurse entails, but if they find a way to sidestep hospital protocol while other parents have to abide by the current standards, they have no business calling themselves Christians. They disgust me.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

sweetener wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:55 am It pissed me off when Phil said "Absolutely power corrupts absolutely." This is not some power move by their hospital's admin. They just want to keep patients safe! Patients that include other people and not just Phil and Alex's baby. Phil and Alex aren't even doing everything they can to flatten the curve. They're not even wearing their masks properly. How do they know that every person who comes into the NICU are doing what they should? The NICU wants to limit as much people as possible because it only takes ONE person and those babies are extremely fragile as it is. Also, Davidson County (which is where Nashville/Vanderbilt is located) has the highest number of COVID-19 in the state. AND, isn't Phil at high risk? Her parents are high risk because of their age. Even non-high risk individuals have died from COVID-19, so their whole (what seems to me as) indifference on this is very irresponsible imo.
They honestly came off as deranged conspiracy theorist in that video, as if the hospital is out to get them or as if the hospital isn't within it's rights to make their own policies while treating patients. The rage directed at the hospital was frightening. The policy is reasonable if the hospital doesn't have the ability to outfit more than 1 visitor per patient in a 24 hour period. And I agree, as a former NICU nurse she should have some grasp of infectious disease. This shouldn't be hard for her to comprehend. They sound unhinged. I occasionally tune in to this trainwreck and their behavior here was very eye-opening. So entitled, so selfish. Definitely not a good look. It is unsettling to see the garbage in their comment section agreeing with them, as if some injustice has been committed.

I did see this (probably since deleted) dissenting comment on her Instagram post: "I know one thing. If my baby was in that NICU and Phil and Alex walked in. My baby would be transferring out ASAP. Phil and Alex have not social distanced. They have Alex's parents over, she had hairdresser in her home. She doesn't wear her mask half the time."
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FlowersTar 68 »

Scoobs212 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:26 am
I'd still like to know how they got to 8 years of infertility when just 2 months ago on their babymoon video it was 7 years. You don't continue to count your time of infertility when you're already pregnant, nitwits.
I can't imagine what that email from the Vandy nurse entails, but if they find a way to sidestep hospital protocol while other parents have to abide by the current standards, they have no business calling themselves Christians. They disgust me.
That nurse should not be contacting them.
Here_2_talk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Here_2_talk »

So the “no pout and with a smile” rule only applies to the girls?! Alex can and will pout and scream and shout as loud as she wishes. She deserves to be treated with special rules, she is SPECIAL!!!

Anyone else thinks the children are so well behaved because they fear Alex turning into a monster over every little slight, the tiniest of mistake. That woman rules with an iron fist and a caked over smile

skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

Also I just find it very telling that neither P+A are at all distraught at the thought of potentially going a month+ (hopefully it’s not that long but who knows) without seeing their older children. I would be an emotional wreck at the thought of that. That seems to be their plan if they are both going to be staying at the Ronald McDonald house and leaving their two children with their parents.... poor girls. Most parents with a NICU baby and older children would never be there together anyways because whoever is not with the new baby would be spending time with/taking care of the other kids. It doesn’t seem like Kinsley and Callie are at all considered a part of the equation in all of this and it’s just sad.... not to mention their lives are documented on YT and they’re going to be able to look back and reflect on this all someday. I really feel for the birth moms. They made a choice to place their children in a home with two parents whom they truly trusted and believed would put their needs and well being above all else.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Also, dying at the commenters telling them to get a lawyer and advocate for themselves because there is no logic or science behind this policy. Clearly this is about abuse of power and your freedom and constitutional rights. Ma'am, this is a hospital NICU during a pandemic with limited PPE.
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Finally watched the vlog, wow, just wow, I did not realise she'd be that angry!
Carol
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Carol »

So are Alex and Phil of the opinion that if you don't have skin to skin contact with your child immediately upon birth, that you cannot bond with the child? Are the saying that any adoption not done at birth means the adoptive parents cannot bond with the child? My husband's cousin adopted a 4 month old baby from Chili and trust me there was no issues of forming a bond with their baby.
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

She's thanking Dee on Instagram now for sending stuff for the baby, Alex said "she's also thought of the girls and sent stuff for them"
So glad someone is thinking of them.
Junebugbaby621
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Junebugbaby621 »

There is no way she could have been a NICU nurse with the way she is responding. Just no way.

IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer

Unread post by IVFwarrior »

Absolutely. She showed her bio-baby obsession again very clearly in that vlog with her claims that babies are traumatised from being removed from their BIOLOGICAL mothers.

BIOLOGICAL mothers. That's the only thing that counts.

Apparently all those babies born to mothers who adopt an embryo or use an egg donor have zero connection to the mother who nurtured them for 9 months.
IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer

Scoobs212 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:26 am

Same way they lived in the RV for a year or something, when it was actually 5 months, and then that's only if you count all the parking lots and airbnb.

And the same way Phil just commented how sad he was that comments have been turned off for 2 years now. When they were turned off in Feb last year. That's hardly 2 years (and we all know they are secretly happy because they can't control YT comments like they can IG). They even have a video referencing how they briefly got turned back on - ELEVEN months ago. This was not long after they had been turned off. And given that this video also highlights their holiday to Nashville, ELEVEN months ago, it was very clear they had no intention of spending more than a few months in that RV.
Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 7.54.19 am.png
Their concept of time is one big lie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer

Masks.png
They used to be able to breathe in masks just fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Teatree10
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Teatree10 »

How far do they live from the hospital? I used to work at our local childrens hospital and Ronald McDonald House was really only for families who lived 2 hours + away. It’s an amazing facility and is hard to get a place in.

Return to “Phil and Alex”