Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

Oma66
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

Unread post by Oma66 »

What a pair of bitches these two are. They’re attempting to profit of the this GLOBAL PANDEMIC with their intro, but when it doesn’t suit them all hell breaks loose.
They are deleting comments on Instagram as well as Twitter, so it only seems like people are kissing butt.

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THEM ANYMORE VIEWS AND WATCH THEM ON www.invidio.us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tangie77
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

Unread post by Tangie77 »

They are just spoiled beings. They really do not know how blessed they are this situation is difficult but millions of parents are in the same boat. I just couldn’t fathom thinking anything other than I hope my baby is ok. In hindsight I did feel robbed a bit with my NICU experience but having my daughter here alive was the biggest gift so oh well. They should take that video down and stop acting like their behavior is normal. They have so much support and help it’s insane p
rd_valo
Informer
Informer

Unread post by rd_valo »

IVFwarrior wrote:
Scoobs212 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:26 am
skiingmama1 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:12 am It’s evident that they view their family unit as very separate. They have their two charity case adoptions that prove their testimony of faith and demonstrate what stellar Christians they are and then they have their REAL bio baby, miracle. There are numerous examples of this, including their awful new intro which just mentions their miracle pregnancy after 8 years of infertility but mentions nothing about their two girls they already have. Yes it sucks that with the current situation P+A can’t be in the NICU together but at least they both have the opportunity to be there and have time with their new baby... the girls very well might not meet their sibling for over a month after she’s born and as a mom myself that would upset me more than just not being able to be in the NICU at the same time as my husband. Alex also criticized NICU nurses for following protocol and not “thinking outside of the box” And she ranted about how no one could promise her that she could breastfeed her baby... just seems odd that she has so much disdain towards her previous profession. Also seems like she should know that no one can promise her anything simply because having a NICU baby is full of uncertainties and no doctor or nurse knows what the condition of their baby will be like and what interventions she will require until she’s here. It’s sad how she is so out of touch with reality and really believes that because they went through such a struggle to have this miracle baby that the professionals should tailor the treatment plan and rules to them specifically. I wonder when Alex was working as a NICU nurse, did she take time to hear all of her patients stories and bend the rules for them individually? I’m sure she cared for many babies that were long awaited babies from couples who may have gone through infertility struggles. I’m sure that not only did she not show them any additional compassion, but she was probably also bitter and angry towards them that someone else could have a baby when she couldn’t. I saw on their YT comments a NICU nurse that works at their hospital said she felt sorry this was the reality but that they were trying to keep everyone safe etc and then said she would email P+A. They responded saying they would await the email. I’m sure she’s hoping their video garnered sympathy and a nurse will change rules for them.... unbelievable
I'd still like to know how they got to 8 years of infertility when just 2 months ago on their babymoon video it was 7 years. You don't continue to count your time of infertility when you're already pregnant, nitwits.
I can't imagine what that email from the Vandy nurse entails, but if they find a way to sidestep hospital protocol while other parents have to abide by the current standards, they have no business calling themselves Christians. They disgust me.

Same way they lived in the RV for a year or something, when it was actually 5 months, and then that's only if you count all the parking lots and airbnb.

And the same way Phil just commented how sad he was that comments have been turned off for 2 years now. When they were turned off in Feb last year. That's hardly 2 years (and we all know they are secretly happy because they can't control YT comments like they can IG). They even have a video referencing how they briefly got turned back on - ELEVEN months ago. This was not long after they had been turned off. And given that this video also highlights their holiday to Nashville, ELEVEN months ago, it was very clear they had no intention of spending more than a few months in that RV.
Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 7.54.19 am.png
Their concept of time is one big lie.
People with npd often have difficulties with registering time passing, there's this thing called narcissistic amnesia (I've been studying this stuff in depth for ten years now), so likely is they aren't purposefully lying about it, they just struggle with registering the passing of time or remembering how long ago events are. I'm not trying to diagnose them as I'm not a psychiatrist and you can't do that online, but I think from what have seen we can all agree they have highly narcissistic traits, Alex especially. You can have traits without having full blown npd as narcissism is a survival instinct at its core. If we were to go with the thought that they have highly narcissistic traits then this could be a valid reason for the misrepresentation on when they done things or for how long a time period was. Issues with object permanence (with npd this is even more confused as people are objectified) also can make this worse, as can stress.

Ugh this sounds like I'm trying to stick up for them. I'm not, just trying to explain a potential reason for that particular behaviour, it isn't usually common knowledge. I've noticed the same thing with mess scooby, who also has a lot of narcissistic traits in her videos.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer

Unread post by IVFwarrior »

rd_valo wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:49 am
IVFwarrior wrote:
Scoobs212 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 8:26 am

I'd still like to know how they got to 8 years of infertility when just 2 months ago on their babymoon video it was 7 years. You don't continue to count your time of infertility when you're already pregnant, nitwits.
I can't imagine what that email from the Vandy nurse entails, but if they find a way to sidestep hospital protocol while other parents have to abide by the current standards, they have no business calling themselves Christians. They disgust me.

Same way they lived in the RV for a year or something, when it was actually 5 months, and then that's only if you count all the parking lots and airbnb.

And the same way Phil just commented how sad he was that comments have been turned off for 2 years now. When they were turned off in Feb last year. That's hardly 2 years (and we all know they are secretly happy because they can't control YT comments like they can IG). They even have a video referencing how they briefly got turned back on - ELEVEN months ago. This was not long after they had been turned off. And given that this video also highlights their holiday to Nashville, ELEVEN months ago, it was very clear they had no intention of spending more than a few months in that RV.

People with npd often have difficulties with registering time passing, there's this thing called narcissistic amnesia (I've been studying this stuff in depth for ten years now), so likely is they aren't purposefully lying about it, they just struggle with registering the passing of time or remembering how long ago events are. I'm not trying to diagnose them as I'm not a psychiatrist and you can't do that online, but I think from what have seen we can all agree they have highly narcissistic traits, Alex especially. You can have traits without having full blown npd as narcissism is a survival instinct at its core. If we were to go with the thought that they have highly narcissistic traits then this could be a valid reason for the misrepresentation on when they done things or for how long a time period was. Issues with object permanence (with npd this is even more confused as people are objectified) also can make this worse, as can stress.

Ugh this sounds like I'm trying to stick up for them. I'm not, just trying to explain a potential reason for that particular behaviour, it isn't usually common knowledge. I've noticed the same thing with mess scooby, who also has a lot of narcissistic traits in her videos.

As someone that also think Alex demonstrates many narcissistic traits, that's a super interesting perspective. Thank you for sharing.
rd_valo
Informer
Informer

Unread post by rd_valo »

IVFwarrior wrote:
rd_valo wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 5:49 am
IVFwarrior wrote:

As someone that also think Alex demonstrates many narcissistic traits, that's a super interesting perspective. Thank you for sharing.
If you find this stuff interesting I really recommend Sam vaknins YouTube channel.

Here_2_talk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Here_2_talk »

First off: Alex’s breast milk being magical unicorn milk, that’s hilarious. should be in the next title

I just watched at 1.5x speed, I’m not here to totally drain my life sources listening to Whitney Mcwhineface and PrechyMcPreachface . I thought that Phil was actually quite composed and reasonable, and tried his best to show Alex the reality and talk her off the edge. You know Alex, Miss Even Keel, don’t get stressed, experienced NICU nurse, life guru and patron saint of Infertility. bullshit! You are acting like a tweaker mouse ready for its next hit

skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

Here_2_talk wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:25 am First off: Alex’s breast milk being magical unicorn milk, that’s hilarious. Image should be in the next title

I just watched at 1.5x speed, I’m not here to totally drain my life sources listening to Whitney Mcwhineface and PrechyMcPreachface Image. I thought that Phil was actually quite composed and reasonable, and tried his best to show Alex the reality and talk her off the edge. You know Alex, Miss Even Keel, don’t get stressed, experienced NICU nurse, life guru and patron saint of Infertility. bullshit! You are acting like a tweaker mouse ready for its next hit Image

I think Phil was just trying to do some damage control and reaffirm their Godly, grateful stance to their viewers because he obviously must know how entitled and bratty they sounded. He told Alex that without modern medicine they would be planning this baby’s funeral and that they would have their whole lives to nurture and care for this baby... of course Alex didn’t seem to care at all and continued on crying and the reason why is probably because she doesn’t care about actuallg RAISING this child she only cares about the pregnancy, birth, postpartum experience.
Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Haulnarse »

They turned the comments off the vlog. When i read them last about 90% were negative calling them out in their bullshit.

Sorry alex, not everyone is going to blow sunshine and rainbows up your butt. Get used to it.

If she behaved like that IN A HOSPITAL appointment or in the NICU where i live, she would be banned from setting foot in that hospital. Try breastfeeding your kid from in the hospital carpark Alex..!!

She is undermining authority and medical opinion and care that they deem the best for her daughter (the daughter that was already genetically predetermined to have issues, the daughter she chose to implant anyway).

Im actually surprised they haven’t sought another opinion from another hospital, surely uprooting their kids and life during a pandemic isn’t that much of a stretch if it meant alex was pandered too!?!? Me, me, me, me, me.

Just checked - america are nearly at 100,000 deaths from covid. Phil please preach to me again that its fear based decisions that are making YOUR lives difficult right now. Fear from what?? death?? Unavoidable death, premature death, painful death??
PinkMoscato
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PinkMoscato »

Honestly it sounds like she’s willing to sacrifice her baby’s health for the idyllic birth she’s always wanted.

She wants them to not take her sick baby away for care, but rather, to just “wait and see”. Is she expecting them to wait for her baby to turn blue and stop breathing before they do anything??

I’m starting to wonder if they’ll even vaccinate this little miracle. She said they don’t want her going to a warmer- why?? Medical protocol aren’t out in place unless they’re what work.

And as an aside: one thing I don’t understand is Phil saying that this is all god’s plan, but then asking for prayers to change the plan. If they trust in the plan, and they know it’s all planned out to go how God wants, what’s the point of asking for anything different? Either you trust the plan or you want to change it. I’m confused.

Elliecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elliecat »

I’ve tried to be understanding of their situation, but I’ve had enough now.
My experience is:

• Infertility and IVF resulting in our son. Born 5 weeks early via emergency CS, both lungs collapsed, sepsis, weeks in the NICU. I watched him die and be resuscitated. I was severely traumatised. I couldn’t hold him for 10 days because he was on a ventilator. I had to establish breastfeeding via a pump and tubes. It was torture. Eventually made it work, but only through extreme stubbornness on my part. Undiagnosed PND.

• Successful VBAC after a pregnancy filled with PTSD and anxiety.

• Another anxious pregnancy, the last 8 weeks of which were in a global pandemic. Baby was breech and I had to have a CS that I didn’t want. I struggled so much with my birth not being as I wanted and also all the consequences of the pandemic etc. She is now 2 weeks old and it is so hard. I’m grieving all the experiences we haven’t been able to have.

Do I blame the hospital? No way.
Did I tell everyone that it was some conspiracy? Nope.
Did I stamp my feet and say it’s not fair? Yes, obviously. But I got over it without blaming anyone else, because that’s how it is.

Alex needs to grow the fuck up and spend more time planning how the older girls can be looked after so they aren’t left traumatised. How dare she even consider both parents staying at the hospital and not being there for their 2 little girls? She’s hormonal and behaving like a spoilt brat. Her videos make me so cross now.

Also. Chicks. What the actual fuck. These 2 are idiots.

Scandiqueen
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Scandiqueen »

I think deep down a lot of their problem is that if Phil isn't allowed in they will miss out on a lot of footage and YouTube $$$.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I think the CHD and the NICU stay are going to factor way more into breastfeeding than the one visitor in a 24 hour period policy. She keeps saying that the baby "should" be fine transitioning and she wants to wait to see if she "isn't tolerating" it well, but how exactly do they think they can pick up on that if they aren't monitoring her in the NICU? She wants to be the nurse and make all the medical decisions right after labor while she's delivering the placenta and getting stitched up? Not going to happen. She needs to trust the medical team to keep her child alive. I would say that as a former nurse she should theoretically understand this, but she's revealed herself to be entirely uneducated and unreasonable.

Now her reasoning for her meltdown is that she's afraid to parent without Phil there to support her through the breastfeeding and diaper changes? That makes zero sense. This is her third baby. She's was a NICU nurse. Based off of everything they've said, I'm thinking Alex is just a scary nutcase who can't cope or function and she literally needs her husband by her side to remind her how to act. He is constantly preaching to her and trying to reason with her. She is going to snap and alienate the staff so fast. I have no idea how she hid her crazy from her employer. I genuinely wonder how many complains they got against her.

Alex has always been fixated on the aspects of motherhood that can bring her more attention and create an experience and an identity for her. Pregnancy, infertility, her natural birth center, breastfeeding, etc. It's not about a healthy child to raise, which is why their adoptions were never going to be enough for her. She certainly wasn't going to let two adoptions get in the way of her infertility martyrdom. Now that she's lost control over the birth and postpartum experience, that identity is crumbling and she can't participate in the hippy earth mama competition. So now she's going to compete by having the worst NICU experience ever, because she has it harder than anyone ever.
mama73
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mama73 »

They disgust me. They are selfish.

Scoobs212
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Scoobs212 »

I think it's very telling when Alex is updating Phil on the midwife appointment. The midwife was explaining the process for assessing babies in the NICU, and Alex says, "Yeah, I know how the NICU NORMALLY works."
That's it right there. She doesn't think any of the normal protocol should apply to her. It's good enough for everyone else, and it was good enough when she was treating patients, but this is Alex, famous YouTuber and patron saint of natural childbirth. The rules do not apply.
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

Off topic (can't say much about Alex because I don't watch then much) but idk how she tolerates Phil lol.... my husband has a habit of saying "well, we'll see what happens" or "we'll figure it out" and already that I can't stand. If I was having a tantrum about something and he said "Its okay to be mad" I 100% right would've said "you're damn right it is, I don't need you to tell me its okay!!" I'm hot headed while hormonal and currently pregnant and I have to skip through his little glad talks because it irritates me so much lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dani_465
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Dani_465 »

Well, it’s official, Alex’s hair looks like shit because she doesn’t brush it. Well that explains why Kinsley’s hair looks like shit too. She admitted on her IG story she doesn’t brush it. Because it does a curl thing. Well Alex lol you flat iron it, so we don’t know of this curl. Orrrr you have a I didn’t brush my hair look.

I laughed when she said her hair looks bad because of the humidity. Actually Alex it looks normal lol. That’s what your hair looks like when you flat iron it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TopazBlues
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by TopazBlues »

I was watching the vlog where they found out about the NICU rules and Alex was saying how frustrated she is that NICU rules in general are so rigid. That shocked me because she presents herself as someone who loves routine and the strictness of things of that nature. I haven't watched them for some time now, but from memory, she's a very "type A" kind of person where there is a right way to things and you have to stick with it. She likes predictability. It's astounding that she can't grasp the necessity for visitor restrictions during a pandemic. Can you imagine if Alex was an employed NICU nurse right now and people were having these reactions towards the rules of the NICU she was working at? I have a feeling she'd understand real fast then. I have seen that some nurses and doctors aren't even seeing their children right now because they don't want to risk exposing them. I would really be interested to see what Alex's reaction would be if she were one of the nurses who has to work during this and then have to deal with the fear of bringing COVID home to her family. Alex was mentioning that kids face trauma when separated from their biological parents, yet trauma is something that can be worked through. If a fragile NICU baby gets COVID, it would be devastating.

Phil showed such a lack of understanding of how COVID-19 spreads, as well. "I won't touch another baby. I won't go near another baby. These precautions have been created out of fear." You don't have to go near another baby for it to get to them if you expose the others in the NICU. And yes, that's what a precaution is. It's a step you take to prevent something unfavorable. A COVID outbreak in a NICU is pretty darn unfavorable. The "fear" is not imagined. We have seen the damage this virus has done already. And yes maybe not in that age group, but that does not mean their infant or anyone else's would be safe. Especially those with medical conditions requiring a NICU stay. Phil and Alex cannot seem to follow any recommendations. Alex getting her hair done was beyond unnecessary. They should have some respect for the medical personnel taking care of them.

I used to like Phil and Alex. I thought they were kind of cheesy and annoying, but I thought they seemed like good people with good intentions. Not now. I'm extremely disappointed by this reaction of theirs. I understand being upset and disappointed upon hearing the news. I'd likely get emotional hearing that. But after calming down, I would understand and move on. I wouldn't feel justified viewing, editing, and uploading that footage.
Veruca_Salt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Veruca_Salt »

As a nurse, I’m glad that Alex isn’t a practicing nurse anymore. In their videos she shows a complete lack of technique for infection prevention even at a very basic level. I cringed so hard when she was wearing a mask improperly (band low on her head), and even harder when she kept touching it. Alex doesn’t seem to be taking this pandemic seriously. It shows how truly out of touch and selfish these two are. She’s absolutely clueless.

Veruca_Salt
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Veruca_Salt »

Also, Alex really isn’t eloquent. “I hate the regimented of the NICU of like...”

Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

TopazBlues wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:18 pm I was watching the vlog where they found out about the NICU rules and Alex was saying how frustrated she is that NICU rules in general are so rigid.
I think she was totally fine with it when she was working, and it wasn't about her and her baby.
Now that she is facing that same reality as other NICU parents, she wants to have special treatment like she thinks she deserves.
Special treatment for special princesses :D Entitlement 101.

But to be said: I understand the frustration and anger. I would be heart-broken to have to face a baby, NICU, corona and unknown like they do. Their situation sucks. They just manage to make themselves sound so entitled and unlikable that I can't even comprehend how they manage that.

Return to “Phil and Alex”