Myka Stauffer: Mom of 5- I mean, 4 bc she booted one out the door! | Pt 5

Dramama
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Myka Stauffer: Mom of 5- I mean, 4 bc she booted one out the door! | Pt 5

Unread post by Dramama »

hannahps wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:21 pm Made the front page of BuzzFeed: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/st ... nouncement
I think they should add that myka deletes negative comments on her YouTube.
murfalot wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:42 pm How could someone give up a child they adopted? I just read comments on the video, it's all comments saying how amazing parents they are. WTF is going on here?
They are censoring unfavorable comments.

Before things blew up, I saw her ig's comments dropped from 200 to 50 as she deleted comments asking about Huxley's absence. People who asked how Huxley was doing nicely were also blocked from her ig.
favouritecake1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by favouritecake1 »

It's on the top of the front page of the Daily Mail online, which is the most read online news site in the world. No press is bad press, her career will either fourish or completely crumble from this. Stay tuned...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... d-son.html
Kelibenn
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Kelibenn »

Went to google to try to understand what an autistic meltdown would look like, and I stumbled across this. So he really didn’t need to “get over himself.” He was actually in pain the majority of the time, and she was instead putting a camera in his face. That is blatant abuse.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hannahps
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hannahps »

Now she’s the top story on People:
https://people.com/parents/youtuber-myk ... th-autism/

Is this the end of her career or will the bad PR somehow backfire and give her more subscribers? Only time will tell.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

Hi. I've only watched a couple of vlogs over the years but I saw what happened on the news. If there is any positives to come from all of this it is that they realised they couldn't give huxley the love and attention he needs and deserves and rather than put him through it for the rest of his life they let him have another opportunity at a better life. I cant deny also that it takes guts to risk their entire livelihood going forward to do this when they could have just put him in a facility.

The only other thing I can think that may have happened is that he was taken from them? Has that possibility been explored here?
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

Sorry for the double post, only just now watched the update video. They are definitely insinuating that a specific event happened and he left the home pretty much immediately. The question is whether it was something he did that made him a danger to the other children or something they did that meant they either give him up or risk losing the other kids.
Mommamoo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mommamoo »

She’s making the rounds. This was shared by a page I follow on facebook.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skippy1931
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by skippy1931 »

so every comment not agreeing with them and kissing their ass is deleted
pineberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pineberry »

Justpeachyy, dont give Jimmers too much credit. I think he was very good at putting on a facade for the vlogs.

A screenshot has been shared where Myka describes how Huxley stares at everyone while they eat, and how that "drives her husband bonkers". So he is definitely not a saint, nor seems to have had understanding or patience for Hux’s condition and quirks. Instead of considering that Hux might have trauma around food, he just got mad at him.
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

They must have known what giving up Huxley would do to their reputation and their careers. Was living with him that bad that they would lose it all to get rid of him??
Itsme
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Itsme »

How on earth is she getting more followers on Instagram, my mind a blown :-o
angelhollow
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by angelhollow »

I would like to say that I'm surprised, but I'm not. From day one she treated the whole thing like a screen play. Remember when she shaved his head just days after adopting him, just so she could act out being Angelina Jolie and Maddox? It started WAAAY back then. Myka is not stable. Everything she does and says is fake. She didn't shed one real tear in that update video. My heart is absolutely breaking for Huxley, I only hope he finds a family that is going to give him the unconditional love and medical care he deserves to thrive in life.
charliema16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by charliema16 »

Itsme wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:56 am How on earth is she getting more followers on Instagram, my mind a blown :-o
People are subscribing to follow the shit show. However I’m not sure if businesses that engage influencers take that kind of stuff into consideration or if they just look at numbers. 🤨
charliema16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by charliema16 »

I’m wondering if in the future Huxley - or his new “forever mommy” on his behalf - can sue the Stauffers. They used Huxley to make a lot of money, he was a child and had no way of refusing to participate or escaping the situation. His exploitation resulted in money for them. Surely there is some legal recompense for him.
YourNotOK
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by YourNotOK »

angelhollow wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 4:13 am I would like to say that I'm surprised, but I'm not. From day one she treated the whole thing like a screen play. Remember when she shaved his head just days after adopting him, just so she could act out being Angelina Jolie and Maddox? It started WAAAY back then. Myka is not stable. Everything she does and says is fake. She didn't shed one real tear in that update video. My heart is absolutely breaking for Huxley, I only hope he finds a family that is going to give him the unconditional love and medical care he deserves to thrive in life.
Yup! Sadly most of us who are in the adoption groups/world have been trying to get people to open their eyes for 3 years now. What pisses me off is that plenty of us spoke out but got backlash from viewers. I just wish people would have heard those of us who were vocal from day 1.

I hope this educates people on how adoption works and the ethical components around it. Makes me sad, angry and resentful that viewers never wanted to listen..and now here we are
YourNotOK
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by YourNotOK »

I also want to add to my comment that don’t think that people like the gathered nest and Alex and Phil are any better. It’s been known for years that both of these families have many ethical issues surrounding their content and exploiting their adopted children. Anyone who stands up for any of them is equally as complicit. YouTube families need to go away and we need to stop subscribing and watching.
rd_valo
Informer
Informer

Unread post by rd_valo »

uncreative_username wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:29 pm

wtf timestamp 4:48

i feel so ounce of sympathy for her what a piece of s***
look at his little face, he looked distressed
Kid flinched when she spoke to him directly. That's very telling
Wylee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Wylee »

I have heard of families surrendering medically needy children to the state just to get them on Medicaid bc private insurance won’t pay for all the services.

I do know that if he is in foster care that her and jimBo are having to pay the state child support which makes me hope that adoption takes FOREVER.
youwontknow
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by youwontknow »

People on reddit are saying that she has since posted on adoption groups asking for disabilities that “seem difficult but are actually easy to deal with”

I’m having trouble viewing on mobile but here is the link:
Sassysea
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Sassysea »

Wylee wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:23 am I have heard of families surrendering medically needy children to the state just to get them on Medicaid bc private insurance won’t pay for all the services.

I do know that if he is in foster care that her and jimBo are having to pay the state child support which makes me hope that adoption takes FOREVER.
I work in insurance billing and just to clarify when a kid is surrendered to the state because of high medical needs they can still live with their families but they get a full-time caregiver if they can be cared for in a home environment or their put in a state hospital if their needs are too high which is why a lot of people do this. I really doubt that any child protective agency was involved in this decision because a child protective agency if they thought one child was a danger to others they would be helping the family get state care or putting the child in a hospital not putting him into foster care. the underlying thing is she adopted a child from China for views and sponsorships because it's flashy and trendy and when it was too hard and she didn't get her Instagram post worthy family she gave him up and it is sickening.

Return to “I-P”