Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

sweetener
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

Unread post by sweetener »

If anyone can't see the attached image, it's a screenshot of their latest tweet, which says, "We had a beautiful, tearful, and worshipful admit to hospital and epidural. Got to play our praise music while she was being poked for IV & Epidural. Now we take a rest and hope for Alex’ contraction pain to diminish as we push from 3cm on..."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scandiqueen
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

Unread post by Scandiqueen »

nebralaska wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:53 pm They're going to rewrite the entire labor story & completely ignore when & what they posted all over social media. Despite what Phil says Alex has shown many times that she has Z E R O pain tolerance, there is NO WAY IN HELL that she can deliver all natural. IF they admit to her getting an epidural they'll spin it into some outrageous claim that it was 'forced' & 'medically necessary' for the health of the miracle unicorn baby & Alex fought them about it the whole way.
I was admitted into the hospital on a Monday morning for a scheduled induction & had been 3cm dilated since the Friday before. I was uncomfortable but nothing crazy. They started the pitocin at 7am & I the monitor reflected I was having contractions all day long but it was NEVER bad enough to take my breath away just uncomfortable. My dr checks me at 7pm & says i'm STILL at 3cm so they're going to break my water & double the pitocin. In a half hour I went from being perfectly calm steady & able to function to contractions every 1.5 minutes that lasted for a minute-it was EXCRUCIATING pain (22 years later I can remember it like it was yesterday & it's the reason I only had 1 child)
I begged for an epidural & once it kicked in I could have literally drove myself home. All that to say 3cm dilated is N O T H I N G & the contractions from pitocin S U C K!
Alex is in for a VERY rude awakening if she thinks she was in pain before!
I agree! My first was born at 42+3 after being induced and the pitocin contractions were awful. After 8 hours I finally got an epidural and it was heavenly! My second came naturally at 41+6 and the pain was so much more manageable and different than the pitocin contractions.
sweetener
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by sweetener »

I dread the birth vlog because I just know that a good chunk of it is going to be Phil staring creepily into the camera while he preaches on and on for at least a good five minutes.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Wow, she's still at 3 cm. And she got the epidural. She must have agreed to being induced if they admitted her at 3 cm. Probably for the best considering the heart issues and her pian tolerance.
Elliecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elliecat »

She’s so predictable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dani_465
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Dani_465 »

sweetener wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:42 pm If anyone can't see the attached image, it's a screenshot of their latest tweet, which says, "We had a beautiful, tearful, and worshipful admit to hospital and epidural. Got to play our praise music while she was being poked for IV & Epidural. Now we take a rest and hope for Alex’ contraction pain to diminish as we push from 3cm on..."
I knew it!! And only 3 cm lol. Awwwww. Epidural before she even had pitocin. Can’t wait for the fake vlogs!
apmfacebook93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by apmfacebook93 »

Poor Alex. She really just can not be the crunchy granola mom that she so desperately wants to be.

I’m not judging getting an epidural. I can’t imagine NOT getting one...I’m judging her attitude (and possibly her pain threshold a little bit.)

Elliecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elliecat »

Now let’s get this baby out so we can all move on.

Wondering how she’s going to cope with her postpartum body though. She was always quite skinny before she got pregnant and she gained a load over the last few months. I gained 40lbs with my first and I looked very flabby for a while afterwards. This last one, I only gained 21lbs and I’m already nearly back to normal just 3 weeks postpartum.
Alex is so superficial that she is going to hate it because she will no longer be the magical pregnant unicorn, but won’t be skinny controlled Alex either.

Here_2_talk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Here_2_talk »

Poked and prodded with Iv and epidural?!
What the actual fuck is wrong with them? Their language is so negative. Everything is a hurdle, nothing is exciting, considering they are sooooooo preachy.

As a parent you would think

Stop and start contractions - more time spent with the girls
iV- necessary, helpful needed
epidural - pain relief, help

I bet APD and PPD will and are making Alex even less flexible. She’s not happy. Will she be able to enjoy her miracle unicorn second coming baby Jesus?!

Nothing is ever good enough for her. Neither Her girls, nor this imperfect pregnancy.

IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer

Unread post by IVFwarrior »

Here_2_talk wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:24 pm Poked and prodded with Iv and epidural?!
What the actual fuck is wrong with them? Their language is so negative. Everything is a hurdle, nothing is exciting, considering they are sooooooo preachy.

As a parent you would think

Stop and start contractions - more time spent with the girls
iV- necessary, helpful needed
epidural - pain relief, help

I bet APD and PPD will and are making Alex even less flexible. She’s not happy. Will she be able to enjoy her miracle unicorn second coming baby Jesus?!

Nothing is ever good enough for her. Neither Her girls, nor this imperfect pregnancy. Image

Her romantic fantasy would have involved bikini belly shots, 3 months of nursery decorating, multiple in person baby showers, a natural god-inspired Hallelujah water birth at The Farm (which is why they moved to Nashville in the first place), and months of sitting in a rocking chair as their miracle baby breastfeeds as she gazes out of the window with a gentle breeze coming through.

She got trailer park, 60lb weight gain, editing every photo to make sure her arms were positioned in a way to make herself look less fat, no baby showers, rejected by The Farm well before the baby was even known to have a CHD, no natural birth, NICU stay and a bunch of chickens.

She CHOSE nearly all of these things. But her lack of fulfilment will drive her behaviour for the next goodness knows how many years.
Carol
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Carol »

Well, there you have it, Alex was so brave and strong. She was going to withstand the contraction pain for the baby. It was Phil who said enough is enough. Anyone buying this line of b/s.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

sweetener wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:51 pm I dread the birth vlog because I just know that a good chunk of it is going to be Phil staring creepily into the camera while he preaches on and on for at least a good five minutes.
Oh for sure, they're already using a ton of hyperbole and justifications for not adhering to Alex's completely unrealistic (for her) birth preferences. They're both so preachy, and use lip service in place of actually living the persona they've created. Now Phil has to fall on the sword and claim Alex was just so sacrificial that *he* had to step in and insist on an epidural. Last I checked, the epidural is something Alex, the patient having the baby, gets to decide on. She can't just say, "Boy, was I wrong, definitely needed that epidural." Nope, it has to be, "Alex loves her baby so much, that she was sacrificing her body and pain tolerance, and I, as the man, had to say enough is enough " Gross and misoginistic. But also, what does your love for your child have to do with an epidural? Do women who forgo epidurals sacrifice and love their baby more? Their reasoning is so twisted and weird. It's an epidural. Get over yourselves.
Ash98765
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ash98765 »

Can anyone clarify this epidural for me? It seems like they aren’t really progressing and she’s only at 3cm still when they gave her the epidural. Isn’t this going to wear off soon? Or is this something they can use long term if she has a day or two to go

would this mean they are going to move this along quick, give an additional epidural meds, or let her do the last part of her delivery without it?

Just curious since I got mine a half hour before delivery and I have no other experience on the subject

Surprised they haven’t posted any photos. maybe the reality is setting in lol

Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Haulnarse »

Carol wrote:Well, there you have it, Alex was so brave and strong. She was going to withstand the contraction pain for the baby. It was Phil who said enough is enough. Anyone buying this line of b/s.
Thats laughable, at no point in any of my pregnancies would my husband have a say in whether or not i *needed* an epidural or not. My body, my choice.

Heres whats going on in the background.... alex is throwing a tantrum because shes in pain but getting an epidural would ruin what she had planned, phil has decided he is taking one for the team and will throw himself under the bus and say he MADE her get the epidural.
Dani_465
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Dani_465 »

Carol wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:47 pm Well, there you have it, Alex was so brave and strong. She was going to withstand the contraction pain for the baby. It was Phil who said enough is enough. Anyone buying this line of b/s.
Reading between the lines... Phil can’t stand Alex’s whining anymore lol.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm sorry, but I can not get over the audacity of Phil to claim that a natural birth is somehow more sacrificial and loving. That's ludicrous and makes absolutely zero sense, but they also realize that Alex couldn't live up to this ridiculous holier than thou standard, so he has to throw in all of this hyperbole about her being a super hero. Again, epidural before active labor has even started. I can't. Such hypocrites.
Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Haulnarse »

Ash98765 wrote:Can anyone clarify this epidural for me? It seems like they aren’t really progressing and she’s only at 3cm still when they gave her the epidural. Isn’t this going to wear off soon? Or is this something they can use long term if she has a day or two to go

would this mean they are going to move this along quick, give an additional epidural meds, or let her do the last part of her delivery without it?

Just curious since I got mine a half hour before delivery and I have no other experience on the subject

My guess is they presented to the hospital for the bazillionth time in so many days and the hospital staff decided enough was enough. Alex was likely manic at still only being 3cm and threw a whiney tantrum, so they sent in the big guns to discuss epidural and Pitocin.

Tired of being in “labour” alex gets convinced by phil to take up the epidural as he is as tired of being in labour as she is, its exhausting driving back and forth to the hospital like they have been doing.

The epidural was probably given to her so she can chill the fuck out and not be so incredibly uptight.

For the record, my third baby I was 6cm dilated for two weeks before she was born, i had been dilating since 18 weeks (i spent 16 weeks on bedrest for that reason). I might be lucky, but im generally in no worse pain than mensural cramps when im in labour and pushing is a breeze compared to that.
AuntieEm
Informer
Informer

Unread post by AuntieEm »

Ash98765 wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:52 pm Can anyone clarify this epidural for me? It seems like they aren’t really progressing and she’s only at 3cm still when they gave her the epidural. Isn’t this going to wear off soon? Or is this something they can use long term if she has a day or two to go

An epidural can continue for hours, the catheter stays in your spine with continual medication. The thing with an epidural is that they dont usually like to give it so early in the labor, at only 3 cm, because it is famous for slowing labor. So that probably means she is getting pitocin to move things along, otherwise the contractions would probably stop.

Also, that would be the day that my husband would make a decision on what I was doing with my body. I realize he is trying to cover their tracks about 'no epidural' but, honestly, it just makes her look weakly subservient to her husband. Yuk.
PinkMoscato
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PinkMoscato »

Alex can’t even handle mild contractions leading up to labor.

Alex cries and sobs and freaks the fuck out that the hospital won’t admit them unless she gets induced.

Phil and Alex will claim it’s for medical reasons and it isn’t safe to be in labor so long.

What I can’t figure out is why she wants this baby to be born NOW. Wasn’t the goal to keep her in until 40 weeks? Didn’t Phil want Alex to get as fat as him?

If they had more time... why the rush induction?

*drama* is my guess

Alex wouldn’t have lasted a minute at The Farm.

And yet, I still guarantee we’ll get some BS about how her body was made for this.
When, obviously, it wasn’t.
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

I feel a c-section coming...I honestly always had a feeling for some reason it would end that way. But doing an epidural when she's not even in labor and letting her rest and then starting pitocin...yep I'll be really surprised if this doesn't end in a c-section. Her body is sending clear signs it's not time and it's not ready. This is great entertainment but it is really kind of pathetic. I guess the hospital was just tired of listening to them.

Return to “Phil and Alex”