Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

spicy_dreams
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

Unread post by spicy_dreams »

IVFwarrior wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:36 pm I know everyone likes to compare their birth stories, and whose was longer, hurt more, dilated slower or whatever....

At the end of the day, none of this comparison over birth stories matters. It's Alex. She was NEVER not going to have an epidural. She lies in bed FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK when she has a cold or upset stomach.
Yeah I agree lol. I was just thinking... Am I the only person who doesn't give a shit about the birth story of a stranger on a gossip forum? Sorry but there have been sooooo many comments and it's barely relevant. Childbirth ain't unique but every other mother never gives up a chance to talk about her experience with it, it seems like. Nobody cares about this as much as you do. We're here to talk shit about Phil and Alex not hear about how long you (somebody we don't even know) laboured, whether you had an epidural/natural/vaginal/c-section/tearing/how long your recovery was. A few of those comments is whatever but it's completely overtaken the forum lately.
Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

Unread post by Haulnarse »

Why did they put grown arse adults upstairs in a loft ceiling room??? They are going to continuously hit their heads. Move the wee girls upstairs temporarily, its not like shes made bedrooms properly for them yet.
Elliecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elliecat »

Love the way she was too virtuous to take omeprazole for heartburn but had morphine as soon as she felt any kind of contraction and then had an epidural Clown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PinkMoscato
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PinkMoscato »

Literally nothing in Alex’s journey to motherhood is good enough for her.

It’s like the kids book: If you give a mouse a cookie.

If you give Alex a husband, she’ll want a baby to go with it.

If you give Alex an infant adoption, she’ll want another to go with it.

If you give Alex an adopted daughter who can pass for biological, she’ll want a bio baby to go with it.

If you give Alex a round of IVF, she’ll want testing that she originally thought was unethical to go with it.

If you give Alex a pregnancy, she’ll want a natural child birth to go with it.

It will never be enough. She never gets what she wants because she’s constantly moving the goalposts.

So, cheers, Alex, to the future I predict:

-A c-section you spin as an emergency because you’re too tired to try to push
-No skin-to-skin because your sick baby needs medical help more than she “needs” your skin
-A few weeks in the NICU where only one parent can visit at a time, with secret filming and tears about power trips
-Breastfeeding turns out to be harder work and more painful than you thought, so you have to go to the devil’s formula, claim fed is best, and tell everyone you had a medical reason you couldn’t feed the baby
-Another round of implanted embryos as soon as you can get your butt to california
Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Phil and Alex: clickbait, vlog’s late, & kids they don’t appreciate | Part 8

Unread post by Haulnarse »

Jesus, only another cm in what 7-8hrs? Lol

At this rate she will deliver at Christmas!

[IMG]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202005 ... de7864.jpg[/IMG]

Also shouldn’t an epidural make the tailbone/head pain non-existent??
Purplehibiscus
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Purplehibiscus »

I got so distracted by the Myka Stauffer train wreck, that I completely missed this drama.. just caught up on the posts here. It’s as if she’s the first woman on earth to give birth!!
Here_2_talk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Here_2_talk »

Alex:
I feel like I stop here (pointing a 1/3 of her big ol’ belly) and this (the rest of her bump) is baby’s space... wtf?!
Alex is already detached from this bio baby. She’s going to try and blame it on no or limited skin to skin after birth, but she’s already so distant, it scares me. Your baby is growing inside your body, you’ll never be as close to your child as you are now. I feel bad for Phil sometimes as he is really shut out of this experience. He’s desperately trying to be part of this narrative, but it’s the Alex show.

I think Alex looks good for end term pregnancy, but she’ll be in for a rude awakening, she thinks the fat will just magically melt off her.

bonesonstones
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by bonesonstones »

spicy_dreams wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:52 pm
IVFwarrior wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:36 pm I know everyone likes to compare their birth stories, and whose was longer, hurt more, dilated slower or whatever....

At the end of the day, none of this comparison over birth stories matters. It's Alex. She was NEVER not going to have an epidural. She lies in bed FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK when she has a cold or upset stomach.
Yeah I agree lol. I was just thinking... Am I the only person who doesn't give a shit about the birth story of a stranger on a gossip forum? Sorry but there have been sooooo many comments and it's barely relevant. Childbirth ain't unique but every other mother never gives up a chance to talk about her experience with it, it seems like. Nobody cares about this as much as you do. We're here to talk shit about Phil and Alex not hear about how long you (somebody we don't even know) laboured, whether you had an epidural/natural/vaginal/c-section/tearing/how long your recovery was. A few of those comments is whatever but it's completely overtaken the forum lately.
I agree with this. Also, this isn't the pain Olympics, just because y'all don't find contractions that bad or went to work or hiking until week 47 doesn't mean everyone has to. Let's snark on the fact that Alex has been claiming this would be a breeze and she was such a hero that she'd go all natural (thereby being a gigantic judgmental ass), but opting for the meds as soon as things got tough (which so many of you called, it's amazing!)
Elliecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elliecat »

Judging by how slowly she is still progressing, they have not given her much oxytocin at all. She’s had her sleep, now hopefully they will ramp that medication up a few notches and she can push this poor child out (or have it cut out...)

FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FlowersTar 68 »

How on earth is she going to cope when Phil is needed in the Nicu when she's recovering?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
boredonthekeyboard
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by boredonthekeyboard »

I found it absolutely ridiculous that Phil said Alex had not complained at all throughout the pregnancy. Alex looked a little bit confused by that herself, and then Phil clarified, “She has never once said she regrets getting pregnant or she wishes she wasn’t pregnant.” That’s his definition of complaining? Alex complains all the time! 🤢

I went through three more years of infertility than the two of them and I never carried on like this. When it came time to start talking about a birth plan with my doctor, I told her that literally all that mattered to me was that he got here safely. The rest of it it’s just a matter of preference, but at the end of the day, the singular experience of childbirth does not define me or my child or my experience of motherhood. I wish Alex had that perspective, because she is in for a world of disappointment with the level of expectations she has.
boredonthekeyboard
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by boredonthekeyboard »

The way the two of them have carried on about Alex supposedly being in labor is just ridiculous. She was not in labor! Maybe prodromal labor, but more likely Braxton Hicks contractions. I would feel nauseated be one of the nurses in the delivery room and having to listen to Phil talk to her like some creepy parent talking to a child, babying her, and her whining about everything. Now, I bet they’ll go radio silent for at least a week before letting anyone know the baby has been born.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I thought labor felt like bad menstral cramps until transition. Once I got the epidural I could feel contractions as a tightening pressure, but not painful because I was able to doze off. But of course Alex is still complaining about back labor even WITH a freaking epidural. You don't feel completely numb (or at least I don't think you should?), I could move my legs and "feel" things as pressure, but it took the edge off. Frankly I thought delivery was a breeze compared to the recovery. It's only a couple days, but knowing Alex has a total meltdown if she's mildly uncomfortable, she is going to be miserable during the first week postpartum, and probably beyond that. My nether regions were so swollen and tender I couldn't sit up on my own or get out of bed without help. It's scary going to the bathroom for the first time. I don't want to scare anyone about to have their first, it's totally manageable and you'll likely heal super quickly, but there was definitely a part of me wondering if I would ever feel normal again. Plus you have a baby to nurse every 2-3 hours, so forget about 12 hours of sleep And Alex won't be on morphine for it. She is going to lose her mind.
honeynlemon
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by honeynlemon »

Didn’t they edit this most recent vlog after Alex got the morpheme? Yet she leaves the part in the end about avoiding tums for her heartburn. The lack of self-awareness is comical!
spicy_dreams
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spicy_dreams »

Let's all have a moment of silence for the poor, unfortunate medical professionals who have the job of taking care of Phil and Alex through this whole ordeal. Not just the birth but the NICU time after. I can't imagine what they're going through. Thoughts and prayers.
Mandapanda7890
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mandapanda7890 »

I was on pitocin for like 12 hours and wouldn’t pass 5cm until they broke my water then baby came out within 2 hours. To me the fact that she’s having back labor makes me think her baby might be sunny side up

Dani_465
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Dani_465 »

Mandapanda7890 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:08 am I was on pitocin for like 12 hours and wouldn’t pass 5cm until they broke my water then baby came out within 2 hours. To me the fact that she’s having back labor makes me think her baby might be sunny side up

Ughhhh. I can see it now. Poor Alex was pushing for four hours blah blah blah. This sounds like a HORRIBLE Hollywood movie.
skiingmama1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by skiingmama1 »

Dani_465 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:48 am
Mandapanda7890 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:08 am I was on pitocin for like 12 hours and wouldn’t pass 5cm until they broke my water then baby came out within 2 hours. To me the fact that she’s having back labor makes me think her baby might be sunny side up

Ughhhh. I can see it now. Poor Alex was pushing for four hours blah blah blah. This sounds like a HORRIBLE Hollywood movie.
I can already envision Phil’s emotional re cap, something along the lines of “ the strength that Alex drew from Jesus was the most miraculous, beautiful thing I’ve ever witnessed. She mustered courage from the depths of her soul and delivered this miracle from her womb even though the pain was physically, unbearably life altering. Everyone in the room was moved to tears and was left speechless at the miracle they were so incredibly blessed to witness. Through Alex’s motherly screams of agony, our angel arrived from the heavens.”
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FlowersTar 68 »

skiingmama1 wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:08 am

I can already envision Phil’s emotional re cap, something along the lines of “ the strength that Alex drew from Jesus was the most miraculous, beautiful thing I’ve ever witnessed. She mustered courage from the depths of her soul and delivered this miracle from her womb even though the pain was physically, unbearably life altering. Everyone in the room was moved to tears and was left speechless at the miracle they were so incredibly blessed to witness. Through Alex’s motherly screams of agony, our angel arrived from the heavens.”
You made me splutter my coffee out! 😄
I actually could hear his voice saying that as I read it. 🤣
Cstars124
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Cstars124 »

skiingmama1 wrote:

This is hysterical! I can also hear it in his voice, complete with tears in his eyes. Image

Return to “Phil and Alex”