AW General Discussion

MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: AW General Discussion

Unread post by MiloandMax1 »

lunafever wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:47 am Myka Stauffer has had nearly all of her sponsorships taken away from her. Why should it not be the same for Aaryn? If she’s still a racist then she doesn’t deserve to have such an easy pay check. I hope she makes an IG story where she’s not a blubbering mess and clarifies that she actually does support the BLM movement and shows what she’s doing to raise her girls differently but if not then she should be fair game, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This already happened once with Aaryn on here losing sponsors and it got out of hand going real life. Has she recently said what she said on BB publicly? Myka recently gave her adopted child away. Aaryn saying she does or doesn't support BLM or making a statement is not the same as giving a child away in recent months.

Even if she makes another ig story it won't change whether she is or isn't still racist. She probably is. I agree with her on how she said people were telling her what she should and should not say. I have a mixed child and people asked me how I also support cops. You can do so and not be racist. Not all are bad.

Even when we've seen Aaryn donate before on GFM for Brittani's son she did it quietly while everyone else was showing they did it with receipts.
ChampionshipVinyl1
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ChampionshipVinyl1 »

clearly someone in her family, or on her management team has advised her to never talk about BB
But google exists, so now it's really just going to hurt her
Kbmama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kbmama »

I don’t get how a racist past and who she was back the, even matters to who she is now? I don’t agree with a lot of what Aaryn does now, but judging someone based on who they were years ago is a little immature to me. Thank goodness I didnt have a camera on me at that age, because I’m a completely different person now

beachgirl2000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by beachgirl2000 »

What I don’t understand is how Aaryn got by with it like it never happened? Is it because BB and the comments happened before she started YouTube? Because Laura Lee’s comments were also from years ago. Aaryn should have gotten the same treatment and public shame that Laura Lee did
beachgirl2000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by beachgirl2000 »

Kbmama wrote:I don’t get how a racist past and who she was back the, even matters to who she is now? I don’t agree with a lot of what Aaryn does now, but judging someone based on who they were years ago is a little immature to me. Thank goodness I didnt have a camera on me at that age, because I’m a completely different person now Image

Because she knows that people know about it and she won’t address it and has never apologized for it. I think the people that deserve second chances are the ones that own up to their mistakes. She hasn’t. And she just blocks anyone that asks a simple question or has an opinion
Kbmama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kbmama »

Kryptonite wrote:
Kbmama wrote:I don’t get how a racist past and who she was back the, even matters to who she is now? I don’t agree with a lot of what Aaryn does now, but judging someone based on who they were years ago is a little immature to me. Thank goodness I didnt have a camera on me at that age, because I’m a completely different person now Image

There's a huge difference between immaturity and racism.

Were you openly racist on a national television show? There is no excuse for racism, not even age and immaturity.

Sent from my LML713DL using Tapatalk
I agree, that racism is never ever appropriate at any age. But the fact is, because she was racist on a television show, she was immature and stuck up. I don’t think who she was then, should be how we judge her now. Do people not grow and learn? Change views? Isn’t that what BLM is all about? Changing peoples perspectives.

Heardgreatthings
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Heardgreatthings »

Kbmama - she has not changed. Watch her video from a couple months ago “eating whatever the people ahead of us order” - her and nick judge people based on their cars. Combine that with the horrid things she said on Big Brother and I’m betting she hasn’t changed much.

Heardgreatthings
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Heardgreatthings »

Correction- it was a year ago - https://youtu.be/9vY7hiAtqAo

mayagreen04
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mayagreen04 »

The problem is she hasn’t changed her perspective or she wouldn’t block people for simply asking questions and she certainly would have spoken up sooner and not given a half apology and own up to what she did. She was a full grow woman on big brother 22/23 maybe older. I’m 25 and wouldn’t dare say half the stuff she said on national television. She wasn’t 14? There’s no excuse. Don’t baby her. She is GROWN she needs to own up! What grown woman says “I wish I had a white hoodie” and “white power”

Adhbrh91
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Adhbrh91 »

THIS!! I do not understand how people who have made racist comments in the past have had it catch up to them and they suffered the consequences for it. Aaryn has literally gotten a free pass for the things she has said and it’s actually been profitable to her because her “fame” on big brother helped lift her YT channel off the ground. Disgusting!
beachgirl2000 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:19 am What I don’t understand is how Aaryn got by with it like it never happened? Is it because BB and the comments happened before she started YouTube? Because Laura Lee’s comments were also from years ago. Aaryn should have gotten the same treatment and public shame that Laura Lee did
Adhbrh91
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Adhbrh91 »

People do learn and grown from the mistakes they’ve made and I believe in forgiveness, however if this was the case with Aaryn she would address it, not give some half-ass sob story on IG and then return to radio silence during a time where people are using their platforms for a greater good. She’s only concerned with earning a quick buck by slinging swipe up links and affiliate codes to earn easy money off the backs of her subscribers.
Heardgreatthings wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:38 am

Kbmama - she has not changed. Watch her video from a couple months ago “eating whatever the people ahead of us order” - her and nick judge people based on their cars. Combine that with the horrid things she said on Big Brother and I’m betting she hasn’t changed much.

ChampionshipVinyl1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ChampionshipVinyl1 »

Kbmama wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:10 am I don’t get how a racist past and who she was back the, even matters to who she is now? I don’t agree with a lot of what Aaryn does now, but judging someone based on who they were years ago is a little immature to me. Thank goodness I didnt have a camera on me at that age, because I’m a completely different person now Image

I was an idiot at that age too, but I was never racist
She also knew she was being filmed constantly so she absolutely no excuse
She can't even pretend for social media that she cares, that's how bad she is
Kbmama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kbmama »

I understand everyone’s point. I guess I just am a little too nice with second chances. I’m not sure the right way for her to do this going forward.

Salamisammich
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Salamisammich »

Guys does anyone remember the vlog where they went to go look at 4 wheelers I believe they were in downtown San Antonio and one of the girls said we’re home and she said we will never live here... and like snickered what did she mean by that? I’m not from Texas so I wasn’t sure how to take that, but I assumed it was a racist comment. I can’t find the vlog anywhere I’ll let you know if I do
casscooks
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by casscooks »

ChampionshipVinyl1 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:21 pm
Kbmama wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:10 am I don’t get how a racist past and who she was back the, even matters to who she is now? I don’t agree with a lot of what Aaryn does now, but judging someone based on who they were years ago is a little immature to me. Thank goodness I didnt have a camera on me at that age, because I’m a completely different person now Image

I was an idiot at that age too, but I was never racist
She also knew she was being filmed constantly so she absolutely no excuse
She can't even pretend for social media that she cares, that's how bad she is
Aaryn wholeheartedly knew what she was doing and saying on Big Brother. In doing my research, the network (CBS) constantly reminded and pointed out her racist and other insensitive remarks to her directly, yet she continued to make racist comments. She was warned and simply did NOT care. That is who Aaryn is. She’s an evil person. A mean girl. A racist. An abomination to society. She was NOT too young or even ignorant. She knew exactly what she was doing. She hates Black people and she demonstrated that on the show and even now. She is fooling anyone who thinks she isn’t racist.
Fruitcake1234
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Fruitcake1234 »

She has not changed. Just not that long ago she made a comment on her Instastories about how she knows how it feels for reality TV to takes things out of context. I can’t remember Her exact words but I remember thinking, how sad it is that she’s STILL blaming others for her actions. She doesn’t take responsibility about her actions and never has.
MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I don't think she has changed but I don't know what is expected. If she throws money at it she's still racist. If she speaks she's just like all of the other influencers using it for gain.
MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I do believe this is one of the big reasons why she married Nick so quick. Besides that they met the night her dad died she knew she could change her name.
RottieMama
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by RottieMama »

See, this is where y’all start to lose ppl. You’re now calling her a “racist” for judging ppl by what car they drive? Really? I watched several of those videos and in every single one ppl commented about what cars ppl were driving bc you literally had nothing else to go by. Typically someone driving a minivan would be ordering more food than someone driving a work truck or 2-door car. If I was doing that challenge and I was hungry, I would 100% wait for someone driving an suv or family van. It’s not like she said, “oh that person is <blank> we’ll wait for a white person.” That would be racist. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Come on, guys! Her comments were gross on BB but if you start claiming every little thing she done or said as “racist,” it will discredit the whole argument. Ugh why are y’all making me defend Aaryn. 🤮

Btw, Mayagreen04, when did she say “white power” or that she wants a “white hoodie” to support wp? THAT would be seriously racist and MUST be called out. Do you have a clip?

MAIN THREAD IS BACK OPEN. 🤗
Courtneyshayne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Courtneyshayne »

RottieMama wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:08 pm

See, this is where y’all start to lose ppl. You’re now calling her a “racist” for judging ppl by what car they drive? Really? I watched several of those videos and in every single one ppl commented about what cars ppl were driving bc you literally had nothing else to go by. Typically someone driving a minivan would be ordering more food than someone driving a work truck or 2-door car. If I was doing that challenge and I was hungry, I would 100% wait for someone driving an suv or family van. It’s not like she said, “oh that person is <blank> we’ll wait for a white person.” That would be racist. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Come on, guys! Her comments were gross on BB but if you start claiming every little thing she done or said as “racist,” it will discredit the whole argument. Ugh why are y’all making me defend Aaryn. 🤮

Btw, Mayagreen04, when did she say “white power” or that she wants a “white hoodie” to support wp? THAT would be seriously racist and MUST be called out. Do you have a clip?

MAIN THREAD IS BACK OPEN. 🤗
I get what you're saying but have you watched the video? No, they weren't being racist, but they were being judgey assholes and basically insinuating that the person was poor bc they didn't have what they consider a nice vehicle. They were super gross and it made me look at them sideways. Anywho, off to the usual thread! :)

Return to “Aaryn Williams”