Brittani Boren Leach: Part Six

violet08
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Brittani Boren Leach: Part Six

Unread post by violet08 »

Wonderful Ale has all boys too. She has 3 boys and says she doesn’t want anymore kids either and isn’t chasing a girl. . It’s mice seeing youtubers be content with what they have. Olivia zapo has boys to.
wonderwall99
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wonderwall99 »

I know not all may agree with me, but I think it's normal to have a PREFERENCE. I do understand that in most cases, gender doesn't matter. As long as baby is healthy, right. But it's fair to have one gender in mind more than the other.
When I got pregnant I wanted a son. I was just always a tomboy and felt like i could connect way more with a boy. I never related to girly things. But then here I am just solidifying stereotypes and assuming my son won't grow to be interested in feminine things and maybe hate soccer.
So it's so hard to say I want a boy or i want a girl because these days, there's so much what ifs and so much up in the air. And that's ok! I wouldn't have been disappointed to have a daughter though either. Now for my future second kid I truly couldn't care less what gender I have, as long as my babies are healthy and happy they will be loved endlessly.

But ill say this, ill never understand being DISAPPOINTED with having a certain gender. If you are only getting pregnant to have a girl or a boy, then you shouldn't be having kids in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

ThreeDogNight
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ThreeDogNight »

RiverRose wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:47 am
HashtagBlessed wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:40 am One thing I will say in Brittany's defense (somewhat) is that this spurred me to read up more on the psychology behind gender disappointment, specifically this new preference for girl babies, and one thing I read said that a mother may have a preference for a daughter in hopes of "healing" the bad relationship they had with her own mother. The belief that having a daughter will replace this missing relationship. Considering that her own mother is living with Brittani's ex-husband and may have carried on an affair with him that ended both of their marriages, I think it's safe to say that her relationship with her own mother is not healthy, which is an understatement.
This is such a good point. She is probably longing for a strong mother/daughter relationship. If not with her mother, then a daughter.
My mother definitely did this with me. Only I wasn’t the daughter she had dreamed about and so she spent my entire childhood abusing me in one way or another. I can see how it happens but the results could easily be disastrous.
AliCat91
Informer
Informer

Unread post by AliCat91 »

wonderwall99 wrote:I know not all may agree with me, but I think it's normal to have a PREFERENCE. I do understand that in most cases, gender doesn't matter. As long as baby is healthy, right. But it's fair to have one gender in mind more than the other.
When I got pregnant I wanted a son. I was just always a tomboy and felt like i could connect way more with a boy. I never related to girly things. But then here I am just solidifying stereotypes and assuming my son won't grow to be interested in feminine things and maybe hate soccer.
So it's so hard to say I want a boy or i want a girl because these days, there's so much what ifs and so much up in the air. And that's ok! I wouldn't have been disappointed to have a daughter though either. Now for my future second kid I truly couldn't care less what gender I have, as long as my babies are healthy and happy they will be loved endlessly.

But ill say this, ill never understand being DISAPPOINTED with having a certain gender. If you are only getting pregnant to have a girl or a boy, then you shouldn't be having kids in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
Same here! I could only imagine having for a son and when it turned out my first was a girl, I was initially shocked.

I love my daughter to pieces and my second child was a boy so I got the best of both worlds. They both love playing with dolls and getting filthy in their mud kitchen, they conform to no stereotypes and I love every characteristic they have!

If I have another, I’m leaving it as a surprise (I hope, anyway, I like to ‘prepare’).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Crazymess1215
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Crazymess1215 »

Shes was out shopping at hollister. I understand it's her step daughters birthday or whatever but she could of let her pick out a few things online. Yes it sucks but I live very close to her and the cases have been rising sooo fast!!! Especially being pregnant, that puts you at risk. I read somewhere that a womans immune system isnt that great when pregnant.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

AmateurSnark
Talker
Talker

Unread post by AmateurSnark »

I have stayed pretty quiet on it because I’ve been dealing with some gender disappointment myself. I have a girl, got pregnant with my second, and used the Sneak Peek test which said it was a boy. And I cried, because I have never pictured myself having a boy, and I really wanted my daughter to have a sister.

But I can be a pretty introspective person (it comes from being in training to be a life coach, lol), and I sat down and walked through my own feelings. I recognized part of the reason I wanted a girl was because I grew up with three sisters, but I’m not particularly close to any of them. The middle two were twins so they had each other and never needed me. The youngest is nearly eleven years younger than I am and I was more like her second mom than a sister. I wanted my daughter to have the sisterly bond I didn’t have. And that was on me - that was my own projection. She will have a special bond with her brother, and I’m sure she’ll get up to just as much mischief (she’s not even two and already keeping me on my toes!). And there were a couple minor things I realized I was upset about, like not getting to use the sweater I loved on her - which realistically wouldn’t have fit anyway because they’ll be born in opposite seasons. So I went on Poshmark and bought something similar from the same brand that’s specifically for him.

I won’t lie, I would still be happy to see we were actually having a girl, but I’m getting more excited about the idea of having another child to love regardless of gender. I think a lot of it is because I did take the time to work through my feelings. I know she’s been back and forth on whether she’s actually seeing a therapist or not but I hope she is talking to someone about both the grief she hasn’t been dealing with and her feelings on having another boy. I think whoever mentioned above that she wants a girl because of her own relationship issues with her mom is dead on. I just hope she can work through it and not take it out on this poor child, who didn’t ask to come into the world, especially as a quick replacement for his dead older brother.

And as soon as I heard it was another boy the name Colton popped into my head...it’s just her style!
RiverRose
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RiverRose »

AmateurSnark wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:04 pm I have stayed pretty quiet on it because I’ve been dealing with some gender disappointment myself. I have a girl, got pregnant with my second, and used the Sneak Peek test which said it was a boy. And I cried, because I have never pictured myself having a boy, and I really wanted my daughter to have a sister.

But I can be a pretty introspective person (it comes from being in training to be a life coach, lol), and I sat down and walked through my own feelings. I recognized part of the reason I wanted a girl was because I grew up with three sisters, but I’m not particularly close to any of them. The middle two were twins so they had each other and never needed me. The youngest is nearly eleven years younger than I am and I was more like her second mom than a sister. I wanted my daughter to have the sisterly bond I didn’t have. And that was on me - that was my own projection. She will have a special bond with her brother, and I’m sure she’ll get up to just as much mischief (she’s not even two and already keeping me on my toes!). And there were a couple minor things I realized I was upset about, like not getting to use the sweater I loved on her - which realistically wouldn’t have fit anyway because they’ll be born in opposite seasons. So I went on Poshmark and bought something similar from the same brand that’s specifically for him.

I won’t lie, I would still be happy to see we were actually having a girl, but I’m getting more excited about the idea of having another child to love regardless of gender. I think a lot of it is because I did take the time to work through my feelings. I know she’s been back and forth on whether she’s actually seeing a therapist or not but I hope she is talking to someone about both the grief she hasn’t been dealing with and her feelings on having another boy. I think whoever mentioned above that she wants a girl because of her own relationship issues with her mom is dead on. I just hope she can work through it and not take it out on this poor child, who didn’t ask to come into the world, especially as a quick replacement for his dead older brother.

And as soon as I heard it was another boy the name Colton popped into my head...it’s just her style!
Sorry that this is a little off-topic, but just so you know I went through the exact same thing! I have a 3 year old daughter and a 1 year old son. I wanted my daughter to have a sister so I felt some disappointment when I found out it was a boy (especially because I had lost a girl to miscarriage in between). But oh my god is he just my pride and joy. I love my children equally of course but the bond between mother and son is so undeniable. Plus my kids are obsessed with each other. You are seriously going to just LOVE being a boy mama too. Congrats!!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I get that too. I have a daughter, and I am very close to my sister. I wanted another girl so she would have that. But when I found out I was having a boy, I didn't get upset (not slamming those who have to work through feelings). I did realize that I couldn't guarantee that even if I had another daughter, that they would be close.
I don't take issue with people who would prefer one gender, but love what's they get. But this influencer obsession with girls is getting out of control. There are so many people who wish they could have a baby of ANY gender. And yet these women go on Instagram yammering on about their "gender disappointment". Because "there's no cute clothes for boys". I want to throttle them.
And who was it who posted about a friend who wanted boys because she liked camping? That still amazes me. A _woman_ who likes camping thinking she has to have boys to go camping? Makes no sense. At all.
PS-- I _adore_ my son too. He's 23 and lives too far away for my taste, but we have the best relationship! He's a wonderful guy.
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

sezzajaydee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sezzajaydee »

Gender disappointment is real.
I’ve been there.
My daughter, I cried because she wasn’t a boy. Then ironically I cried because my next baby WAS a boy.

The difference is, none of us kept pumping kids out to get the gender we wanted. We all know she’s not done and will be pregnant before 5 is a year old. None of us would treat our other kids differently if we finally got the gender we’d hoped for.
We all know if this baby was a girl, it wouldn’t just be Crew Who? It’d be “boys? What Boys?”
LexiRae
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by LexiRae »

She obviously was EXTREMELY disappointed about having another boy. She didn’t even try to have a fancy gender reveal and bring in more money and views. Poor little guy, already a disappointment in his mothers eyes

MSAfan
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by MSAfan »

I get a preference for whatever reasons but as someone said, to keep getting pregnant to get that certain gender is imo unhealthy. It’s bringing in children that down deep you really don’t want. Children who will feel that they were a letdown simply because of how they were born.

I think I’m sensitive on the subject because I want a child and probably can’t have one or even adopt. Also because of how nasty my niece was treated for being a tomboy instead of the girly girl type.

I feel sorry for this little boy Brittani is having.
anxietyqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by anxietyqueen »

HashtagBlessed wrote:One thing I will say in Brittany's defense (somewhat) is that this spurred me to read up more on the psychology behind gender disappointment, specifically this new preference for girl babies, and one thing I read said that a mother may have a preference for a daughter in hopes of "healing" the bad relationship they had with her own mother. The belief that having a daughter will replace this missing relationship. Considering that her own mother is living with Brittani's ex-husband and may have carried on an affair with him that ended both of their marriages, I think it's safe to say that her relationship with her own mother is not healthy, which is an understatement.
I can confirm this! I’ve always wanted a daughter so badly, and I think it stems from having a poor relationship with my own mother, and never having a mother to look up to. I was always so jealous of friends who had “normal” warm, mentally healthy mothers, and I daydreamed about the sort of mom I’d be to my future daughters.

I’m now pregnant with my second boy (my husband’s family is all males), and while I’ve moved past the initial disappointment, it still stings to see moms out and about with their little girls. And it seems like everyone but me is having a girl. So I really feel for Brittani in that regard. That said, I know I’ll be as obsessed with boy #2 as I am #1.

AmateurSnark
Talker
Talker

Unread post by AmateurSnark »

Oh, she’ll definitely keep getting pregnant. In fact, I would be shocked if she wasn’t in as many “swaying” FB groups as she could find (I just learned about these the other day - they’re meant to help “sway the odds” towards one gender or another by telling you if you want a girl you eat certain foods and have sex two days prior to ovulation, and if you want a boy you do this and have sex after you ovulate - seems like nonsense to me but I can see people being so desperate for one or the other they try it).

I agree with the idea that her husband seems to have a pregnancy fetish and she’s determined to have a girl. I’ve never seen anyone who needed their tubes tied quite so badly. The irony is, if she did have a girl, with all her older brothers, she’s just going to want to romp and play with them. If Brittani is looking for a “princess” she’s likely not going to get it.
blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

For some reason I feel almost positive that this baby will either be Colton/Colt, Carson, or Cruz (which yes would be super weird since it’s so close to Crew, but I wouldn’t put it past her at all to think it’s “special”.).

Bioag
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Bioag »

blahblahblahhh wrote:For some reason I feel almost positive that this baby will either be Colton/Colt, Carson, or Cruz (which yes would be super weird since it’s so close to Crew, but I wouldn’t put it past her at all to think it’s “special”.).

I'm thinking maybe she'll name the baby Cru because that's so popular with these insta moms rn I think its not cute

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

madmax84
Talker
Talker

Unread post by madmax84 »

There's no way she'd name the new baby something so close to the name of the one who passed away...right? Surely she couldn't be that stupid
Xoangelicchic
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Xoangelicchic »

She’ll do the middle name as crew to honor him.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I think Colton and Cruise are both good guesses. I will never understand why they decided to give their kids names that all start with "c" if they knew they wanted a large family. She's admitted that if they were having a girl, they would use it as an excuse to break the pattern and go with a name that started with something else because it's confusing calling the kids names. After Cooper, did they just keep thinking, "Oh, well the next one will be a girl, and then we can stop with this nonsense"? There are plenty of "c" names that fit her surname aesthetic, but I can't imagine continuing a pattern you don't particularly like because you don't want the child to feel "left out." But this is the woman who named her son Cash Leach, so clearly she doesn't put a lot of thought into this naming thing. It is interesting that Crew was the name she wanted to use for previous children and she didn't get her way until baby #3 with her husband. It reminds me of the Duggars giving their kids all "j" names. It just feels weird, like the child isn't all that important and arbitrarily picking a letter the name has to start with is just a shortcut to make naming easier and then the child is thrown on the pile with all the other "c" names. It reminds me of corporate brand or something that's mass produced. Just so gimmicky and strange.
kmarie
Talker
Talker

Unread post by kmarie »

I don’t understand the C name thing, I went to hs with kids who all had a name starting with M, there were 6 siblings. . . I never understood it. I really hope her baby’s name doesn’t sound anything close to Crew.

I also 100% understand gender disappointment, but not having so many kids just to try and have a girl, especially when it’s visible how overwhelming the current kids are, being that they’re so close in age. I don’t have kids yet, but have a fear I may have issues getting pregnant so if I do have kids, I’ll love them unconditionally regardless of gender, even though I really want at least one of each or if I only have one, a girl.
LordoftheSnark
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LordoftheSnark »

Maybe Crew did handpick this baby to be a boy because he knew that would disappoint his mother and as revenge for her inability to use common sense or birth control.

Return to “Brittani Boren Leach”