Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

GigglyMint wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:51 pm
rosie_dalia wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:32 pm
Hereforthemamadrama wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:17 pm How are these idiots going on a month long vacation and not paying their mortgage are they trying to get foreclosed on. They will never own another home goodluck renting with all those animals
Their mortgage company offered them a mortgage forbearance because of the Covid-19 situation, but I think that ends soon. But, unless, they were really, really broke, they should have continued to pay it. Instead, they are taking those funds and spending, spending, spending! How stupid of them!

Edit: I looked up some info. Looks like they could have up to a year without having to make payments...but still a DUMB idea. Also, is their "hardship" due to the pandemic? They are at the freakin' beach for a month. Hard to believe they qualified because of hardship. UGH!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/advisor/20 ... 2c78453481
Yes it’s due to Covid. Some mortgage companies require you to make up all the payments at once. Hopefully that’s not the case.

And they’re not moving to Florida lol. They just wanted something to film. It’s not serious.
Well, Cullen sounded pretty sincere about moving on his podcast with his sister. I think they are trying to escape their problems in Birmingham—which probably includes dealing with the house and Katie's family. Things have been frosty with Kelley's family for more than a year and I'm guessing her parents don't approve of their choices.

It's not a smart idea financially, but I could see them doing it to get away. They are probably inspired by Ellie and Jared's move away from their families. E&J's move also surprised me.
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

So according to the latest vlog, they were discussing just packing up and moving to FL and renting or buying a house. Like, yesterday. Katie kept saying over and over, "I would totally buy that house right this second". And it sounded like they made reference to the idea of moving there now regardless, and just sitting in Florida while they hope & pray their house sells. You know what? I'd kind of like to see that happen. HAHA! That would be a mighty fun trainwreck to watch!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Creative74 wrote:So according to the latest vlog, they were discussing just packing up and moving to FL and renting or buying a house. Like, yesterday. Katie kept saying over and over, "I would totally buy that house right this second". And it sounded like they made reference to the idea of moving there now regardless, and just sitting in Florida while they hope & pray their house sells. You know what? I'd kind of like to see that happen. HAHA! That would be a mighty fun trainwreck to watch!
"I would totally buy that house"? With what? You need credit to buy. You need credit for a rental. She is DELUSIONAL.
They're going to be shacked up with Doc and Dolly.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:17 pm
Creative74 wrote:So according to the latest vlog, they were discussing just packing up and moving to FL and renting or buying a house. Like, yesterday. Katie kept saying over and over, "I would totally buy that house right this second". And it sounded like they made reference to the idea of moving there now regardless, and just sitting in Florida while they hope & pray their house sells. You know what? I'd kind of like to see that happen. HAHA! That would be a mighty fun trainwreck to watch!
"I would totally buy that house"? With what? You need credit to buy. You need credit for a rental. She is DELUSIONAL.

Maybe they will. It seems odd two older people live alone in an almost 9000 square foot house. It's a nice house, but that's a lot of work, upkeep and bills. Katie's parents can afford it (and pay people to do things around the house), but that's still a MASSIVE house.

I was just looking though some photos of Katie's parents' house available online from when they were part of a Christmas house tour...Katie gets her shopping addiction from her mother. That house is full of a lot of decor that really don't need. No one needs THAT much stuff.
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

Well they are delinquent on their current mortgage, so they aren't going to be approved for another. So I don't know how they think they are going to buy a house right now. Anybody who is renting out a home, is going to do a credit check and if they think their credit is going to impress them they are out of their minds. As already mentioned lots of people who rent out homes don't allow pets at all, let alone as many as they have. That's not to speak of the cost of picking up and moving all their stuff to Florida.... They are just dreaming at this point. It's nice to think of living on the beach(well unless you are afraid of hurricanes...) but they are a long way from making that happen. Their first order of business, has to be selling that overpriced piece of crap mansion they just had to have. The only way they are buying or renting a house right now, is if her parents buy it or rent it for them. They aren't doing it in their names.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

GGF1987 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:23 pm Well they are delinquent on their current mortgage, so they aren't going to be approved for another. So I don't know how they think they are going to buy a house right now. Anybody who is renting out a home, is going to do a credit check and if they think their credit is going to impress them they are out of their minds. As already mentioned lots of people who rent out homes don't allow pets at all, let alone as many as they have. That's not to speak of the cost of picking up and moving all their stuff to Florida.... They are just dreaming at this point. It's nice to think of living on the beach(well unless you are afraid of hurricanes...) but they are a long way from making that happen. Their first order of business, has to be selling that overpriced piece of crap mansion they just had to have. The only way they are buying or renting a house right now, is if her parents buy it or rent it for them. They aren't doing it in their names.
Cullen said they'd definitely rent on the podcast. It seems they don't want to buy again for a year or longer. Yes, renters go through credit checks, but it's probably easier to rent than qualify for a mortgage. I bet their personal credit is better than their business credit, so they might be able to get something that way. Since they pay themselves from the business, I bet their personal credit might be OK. The big CC balance and car seem to be business account purchases. The house is a different story because they did stop paying their mortgage last winter and got behind.

Also, the houses they can "afford" are probably FAR from the beach. They like her parents' vacation house because it's in a high-end community with the beach right there and nice pools, restaurants, community activities.

A "regular" house in a "regular" neighborhood isn't going to be nearly as nice. I guess they can access the beach from her parents' house, but I'm guessing they go a lot less often if they have to drive. I live in beach town and almost never go to the beach.

I wonder why they don't offer to pay her parents rent and stay at the beach house? It's definitely not a vacation rental.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

That's what I came here to asks! Do we think her parents rent the beach house as a vacation rental when they are not there? It is a pretty large house and the neighborhood has a lot to offer. It would be a decent source of income for them. I am thinking they don't since they let C&K stay there during a prime rental month.

I agree that renting will be easier than getting a mortgage. However their animals are a big issue when it comes to renting. If they find a pet friendly rental they will most likely have to pay a larger deposit and potentially higher monthly rent.

Living in Florida won't be any different for them and they won't go to the beach. They can't afford near the beach and will be far enough away they won't drive to it "everyday". They are just on a vacation high right now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

rosie_dalia wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:01 am
GGF1987 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:23 pm Well they are delinquent on their current mortgage, so they aren't going to be approved for another. So I don't know how they think they are going to buy a house right now. Anybody who is renting out a home, is going to do a credit check and if they think their credit is going to impress them they are out of their minds. As already mentioned lots of people who rent out homes don't allow pets at all, let alone as many as they have. That's not to speak of the cost of picking up and moving all their stuff to Florida.... They are just dreaming at this point. It's nice to think of living on the beach(well unless you are afraid of hurricanes...) but they are a long way from making that happen. Their first order of business, has to be selling that overpriced piece of crap mansion they just had to have. The only way they are buying or renting a house right now, is if her parents buy it or rent it for them. They aren't doing it in their names.
Cullen said they'd definitely rent on the podcast. It seems they don't want to buy again for a year or longer. Yes, renters go through credit checks, but it's probably easier to rent than qualify for a mortgage. I bet their personal credit is better than their business credit, so they might be able to get something that way. Since they pay themselves from the business, I bet their personal credit might be OK. The big CC balance and car seem to be business account purchases. The house is a different story because they did stop paying their mortgage last winter and got behind.

Also, the houses they can "afford" are probably FAR from the beach. They like her parents' vacation house because it's in a high-end community with the beach right there and nice pools, restaurants, community activities.

A "regular" house in a "regular" neighborhood isn't going to be nearly as nice. I guess they can access the beach from her parents' house, but I'm guessing they go a lot less often if they have to drive. I live in beach town and almost never go to the beach.

I wonder why they don't offer to pay her parents rent and stay at the beach house? It's definitely not a vacation rental.
Yes it's easier to rent than buy. But if it could still keep them from getting some houses. The issues with the house alone is going to hurt their credit and not look good to someone renting out a house. As you said the house they'll be approved for and can afford is not the house they are going to want...

As far as renting her parents beach house, I've wondered if that's why she keeps bringing it up on social media trying to hint to them. However I don't think they are exactly on good terms with her parents and it seems really clear they aren't with Kelly and Kelly and her family use that beach house quite often. If they were living there and they couldn't stay at the beach house, it'd likely cause more drama. I have a feeling that's why her parents haven't offered.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Boymomma123 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:03 am That's what I came here to asks! Do we think her parents rent the beach house as a vacation rental when they are not there? It is a pretty large house and the neighborhood has a lot to offer. It would be a decent source of income for them. I am thinking they don't since they let C&K stay there during a prime rental month.

I agree that renting will be easier than getting a mortgage. However their animals are a big issue when it comes to renting. If they find a pet friendly rental they will most likely have to pay a larger deposit and potentially higher monthly rent.

Living in Florida won't be any different for them and they won't go to the beach. They can't afford near the beach and will be far enough away they won't drive to it "everyday". They are just on a vacation high right now.

My parents and sister have beach rental properties and you can kind of tell how Katie's parents' place is so personally decorated that it's not likely rented out. They might rent it to personal friends or just let them stay there, but there are personal family photos all over and things they seem to just keep at the beach permanently that they wouldn't want renters to use/break/steal. I think it's unlikely they rent it out...they don't need the income.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I don’t get them. Are they thinking about the actual costs of moving states away? They don’t have the money. Are they thinking about the school systems there? They have two young kids. They are so impulsive.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Cgl33 wrote:I don’t get them. Are they thinking about the actual costs of moving states away? They don’t have the money. Are they thinking about the school systems there? They have two young kids. They are so impulsive.
That is their biggest problem in life. They are so damn impulsive and rarely think things through. I think they are just over dealing with their mistakes from the last 5 years and just want out. This is just a way to run away from their problems.

If they were really serious about moving states they should have been selling/getting rid of the major of their I junk and figuring out storage for the rest. Their Alabama realtor could have had a realtor at the beach find them some places to look at or pointed them in the right direction.

I get whiplash from trying to keep up with their crazy life decisions. They all need therapy and a reality check.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Plus, even if their personal credit is "ok", all it would take is one quick Google search to turn off most landlords. They would have to list employment on a rental application, and I'm betting most landlords would take a look at their videos at the very least out of curiosity. Videos about the cat piss, showing what slobs they are, showing them drinking and being irresponsible, and even this site would show up in a search. They don't seem like a good risk to me! My landlady gave me a chance when I was struggling, and I have been a good tenant for 10 years. But I showed I was willing to work hard, as in I was holding down 2 jobs, and my brother co-signed for me. I wasn't clinging desperately to a lifestyle that wasn't working.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Boymomma123 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:20 am I get whiplash from trying to keep up with their crazy life decisions. They all need therapy and a reality check.
I think their dependency/spending problems are really surfacing and I hope they get help. With the house on the market for several weeks and they've likely had an open house, I bet their realtor will be talking price reduction. Interest rates are really low and that is not helping them sell the home. I have older children and from a parent's perspect, it would be heartbreaking watching their vlogs. I would also be embarrassed with the amount of personal information they've revealed.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

rosie_dalia wrote:

LOL! Rent her parents’ place. Her parents don’t have to do a background check. They know it! They would be fools to rent to them again even if it was to help them get back on their feet. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

lmmomSD wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:17 pm

Oh I agree, they are completely deluding themselves. It's no coincidence they visited a house that's for rent by owner rather than working with an agent. They completely wasted that person's time.

They don't seem to realize you need to pass a credit check and provide proof of income to rent. The small business debt is still in their name and will likely appear on their credit report if they signed a personal guarentee, which means they are responsible for the debt if the business folds and they are giving the lender permission to report the debt to the personal credit reporting agencies. Many small business credit applications contain this language, and Katie and Cullen are not saavy. They probably didn't think to separate the business debt when possible. Even if the car and credit card didn't come up, the mortgage would, and I'm sure that alone blows their debt to income ratio.

I wonder if they're looking to take advantage of a desperate landlord who will be more lenient or not as thorough. Ironically, that's the exact person who should be extra careful in vetting renters because that person likely can't afford the legal fees associated with evicting them when they stop paying rent. Katie and Cullen seem increasingly scammy to me. It's telling that her parents are not letting them stay in the family beach house indefinitely. I think they've taken advantage of family in the recent past, which would go a long way towards explaining the rift. I get the distinct impression there's a lack of trust there and her family is on to them and establishing boundaries, while still trying to maintain a relationship with the grandchildren.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Also, LOL at Katie saying the second rental wasn't in a "family friendly" neighborhood because the lawns weren't as well kept and there was stuff on the curb. So elitist for someone who has negative $$ right now. She's in for a rude awakening when she realizes where they'll be living next.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

All a landlord has to do is look them up on YouTube to see that they are in serious debt. Forget the pee stains, that’s the red flag. I’ve been cheering them on and I’ve avoided this board because I like them, but the Florida real estate search is just crazy.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:Also, LOL at Katie saying the second rental wasn't in a "family friendly" neighborhood because the lawns weren't as well kept and there was stuff on the curb. So elitist for someone who has negative $$ right now. She's in for a rude awakening when she realizes where they'll be living next.
Oh my gosh I noticed that too! What a snob! Must he nice to live in such a place of denial and privilege. Can't wait to see what happens when she comes back to reality and lives among us peasants.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Cgl33 wrote:All a landlord has to do is look them up on YouTube to see that they are in serious debt. Forget the pee stains, that’s the red flag. I’ve been cheering them on and I’ve avoided this board because I like them, but the Florida real estate search is just crazy.
I used to love them and although Cullen got on my nerves with his occasional immaturity I enjoyed watching them. I still hope that they will grow up and take responsibility for their own demise but it seems unlikely. They had a chance to really turn their channel around with the debt series yet couldn't out any effort into that either.

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Boymomma123 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:08 am
Cgl33 wrote:All a landlord has to do is look them up on YouTube to see that they are in serious debt. Forget the pee stains, that’s the red flag. I’ve been cheering them on and I’ve avoided this board because I like them, but the Florida real estate search is just crazy.
I used to love them and although Cullen got on my nerves with his occasional immaturity I enjoyed watching them. I still hope that they will grow up and take responsibility for their own demise but it seems unlikely. They had a chance to really turn their channel around with the debt series yet couldn't out any effort into that either.

Yeah, back in Tallahassee they were more modest and interesting. All the YT "fame" stuff totally ruined the channel...and now their life. They let their egos (and spending) get the best of them.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”