Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I just was telling my husband about them. I never discuss my YT habits with him. He looked at me and said why do you watch these assholes? Then I said I just don’t get why they won’t get another job especially since they have two kids and they insist social media influence is their career. He shrugged and said I don’t know I don’t care and obviously they are not good at it.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

rosie_dalia wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:32 pm
Hereforthemamadrama wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:17 pm How are these idiots going on a month long vacation and not paying their mortgage are they trying to get foreclosed on. They will never own another home goodluck renting with all those animals
Their mortgage company offered them a mortgage forbearance because of the Covid-19 situation, but I think that ends soon. But, unless, they were really, really broke, they should have continued to pay it. Instead, they are taking those funds and spending, spending, spending! How stupid of them!

Edit: I looked up some info. Looks like they could have up to a year without having to make payments...but still a DUMB idea. Also, is their "hardship" due to the pandemic? They are at the freakin' beach for a month. Hard to believe they qualified because of hardship. UGH!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/advisor/20 ... 2c78453481
When they first got their 3-months delay, Katie said they had this (out of the 3 options in the article): Paused payments due at the end of the loan. She said the mortgage would take 3 months longer in the future and she probably thought who cares about 3 months later mortgage being payed far into the future in 20 years or however long their mortgage is. That's why she behaves as if they have $3400 for free/extra to spend.

Also, if I didn't misunderstand (I'm not from America), they don't have a mortgage company for the part that they rent to own. Isn't that paying mortgage to the former owner of the house? Or does that go via a mortgage company as well? For the other part ($50k loan I believe it was) they do have a mortgage company. So are they paying two entities, together $3400 monthly? If so, worth standing still by the fact Katie never revealed this, in line of all the other things she misrepresents, lets put it that way.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

GigglyMint wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:51 pm
Yes it’s due to Covid. Some mortgage companies require you to make up all the payments at once. Hopefully that’s not the case.

And they’re not moving to Florida lol. They just wanted something to film. It’s not serious.
I thought so too in the beginning when they clickbated the title, but yesterday they sounded serious when saying they wanted to rent for a year.

Good luck Katie.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

lovingthisforum wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:18 am
Hereforthemamadrama wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:17 pm How are these idiots going on a month long vacation and not paying their mortgage are they trying to get foreclosed on. They will never own another home goodluck renting with all those animals
Their mortgage company offered them a mortgage forbearance because of the Covid-19 situation, but I think that ends soon. But, unless, they were really, really broke, they should have continued to pay it. Instead, they are taking those funds and spending, spending, spending! How stupid of them!

Edit: I looked up some info. Looks like they could have up to a year without having to make payments...but still a DUMB idea. Also, is their "hardship" due to the pandemic? They are at the freakin' beach for a month. Hard to believe they qualified because of hardship. UGH!

When they first got their 3-months delay, Katie said they had this (out of the 3 options in the article): Paused payments due at the end of the loan. She said the mortgage would take 3 months longer in the future and she probably thought who cares about 3 months later mortgage being payed far into the future in 20 years or however long their mortgage is. That's why she behaves as if they have $3400 for free/extra to spend.

Also, if I didn't misunderstand (I'm not from America), they don't have a mortgage company for the part that they rent to own. Isn't that paying mortgage to the former owner of the house? Or does that go via a mortgage company as well? For the other part ($50k loan I believe it was) they do have a mortgage company. So are they paying two entities, together $3400 monthly? If so, worth standing still by the fact Katie never revealed this, in line of all the other things she misrepresents, lets put it that way.
No, they owe two different mortgage loans to a bank. The former owners are not involved at all. Rent-to-own isn't really a thing in the US as far as I know. That would get tricky legally here.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Rent to own is definitely a thing in the US. It's actually big business in some areas, especially where home prices are high, so people are looking for creative ways to buy. Not saying it's a good thing, but it is a "thing".
https://www.zillow.com/mortgage-learning/rent-to-own/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Who just ups and leaves their home to stay at the beach for who knows how long? Sorry, life still awaits you when you return.. along with your mail and bills, I'm sure. I'll believe it when I see if they actually do rent a home in FL because I think this is just an easy way to make vlogs right now since it's so beachy and click-baity. I'm sure they know they won't be approved and are just milking it until they move in with Grandoc & Dolly until they figure crap out. Also, in-home child care FTW when they can act like immature adults and never grow up.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

rosie_dalia wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:22 am

No, they owe two different mortgage loans to a bank. The former owners are not involved at all. Rent-to-own isn't really a thing in the US as far as I know. That would get tricky legally here.
No, they do rent to own.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Maybe they were forced to get out of the house?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Maybe they were forced to get out of the house?

My impression is they didn't want to have to worry about cleaning in between showings. I remember in the early spring Katie kept complaining about how hard it was to drop everything for a showing. I think they left in hopes it would sell super quickly. They think a new accent rug and some fake plants are going to magically sell that behemoth.

I have a feeling the real-estate agent may have suggested doing something with the cats. C&K have admitted to letting the cat boxes go without cleaning daily and I can only assume that house smells. Might have been a complaint from potential buyers.

It's definitely an odd thing to do to just up and leave your whole life. Especially because they seem to be spending more at the beach than they would back in Alabama.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

in yesterdays vlog at 5:15 mark Katie says "we hadn't planned on looking at anything until we were for sure that our house was sold"......does she mean that they jumped to far ahead last time they had an offer or is she hinting that they may have an offer on the house currently?

I think they are very serious about moving to Florida. They are clearly running away from something. They were always real "Alabama till i die" people and every family member and non youtube friend is in Birmingham. They (Katie) seem to be totally rebelling against everything they've ever known- abandoning the close family ties, are there any friends left?, never hear about college football anymore, Katies hair "style".

I guess they could get away with staying in the beach house for a couple of months now because summer is nearly over and the family probably won't be using much. If they manage to sell the house for a good price I think there are 2 possibilities of what will happen: 1- they will move down to Florida but a bit away from PCB because of the house prices. 2- The relief of not having that huge mortgage hanging over them might help them to come to their senses a little bit and slowly relationships might start to get repaired and they'll stay in Birmingham. While they were having a bit of a tough time anyway back in 2016/17 the house is what pushed them over the deep end for the long haul. Had they not moved theres a greater chance they could have overcome their issues with some therapy and it would all be a distant memory now.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Well they are back home now according to Katie's Instagram. Gaines should be starting school soon right? I wonder if it will be virtual or in the classroom.

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

lovingthisforum wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:20 am
rosie_dalia wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:22 am

No, they do rent to own.
They explained their mortgage situation in one of their debt vlogs. They definitely went through a bank/lender. They have two mortgages. One is standard and the other is interest only. Since they have two mortgages through the bank/lender, it's not renting. I've never heard them say anything about rent-to-own.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

rosie_dalia wrote:
rosie_dalia wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:22 am No, they owe two different mortgage loans to a bank. The former owners are not involved at all. Rent-to-own isn't really a thing in the US as far as I know. That would get tricky legally here.
No, they do rent to own.
They explained their mortgage situation in one of their debt vlogs. They definitely went through a bank/lender. They have two mortgages. One is standard and the other is interest only. Since they have two mortgages through the bank/lender, it's not renting. I've never heard them say anything about rent-to-own.
They did in the beginning after they first moved in. They definitely did a rent to own situation at first even if they now have a deal through the bank.

rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:04 pm
rosie_dalia wrote:

No, they do rent to own.
They did in the beginning after they first moved in. They definitely did a rent to own situation at first even if they now have a deal through the bank.

Is there a video about it? Even from their debt video about their mortgages it's clear they were secured before closing. They mentioned they had to get their taxes/paperwork done early so they could get their mortgage(s) before closing on the house. I think the "rent-to-own" was just a rumor on this site.
scamartist
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by scamartist »

I thought they had some sort of seller financed loan and a HELOC?
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

lmmomSD wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:26 am Plus, even if their personal credit is "ok", all it would take is one quick Google search to turn off most landlords. They would have to list employment on a rental application, and I'm betting most landlords would take a look at their videos at the very least out of curiosity. Videos about the cat piss, showing what slobs they are, showing them drinking and being irresponsible, and even this site would show up in a search. They don't seem like a good risk to me! My landlady gave me a chance when I was struggling, and I have been a good tenant for 10 years. But I showed I was willing to work hard, as in I was holding down 2 jobs, and my brother co-signed for me. I wasn't clinging desperately to a lifestyle that wasn't working.

Exactly! I've thought from the time they started making videos about their finances they were going to regret it. Making it to where anybody has full access to videos where you show how terrible you are with money and how much financial trouble you are in is stupid. Add to that, that they say one thing about saving money and taking care of their debt while doing something else openly in their videos and that they are too lazy to work...they are screwing themselves over!
SomeoneActually
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SomeoneActually »

To qualify for a year of hardship they must have a federally backed mortgage, which they don't have. They are just skipping there payments.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Right? If they were appearing to be responsible in the debt videos, it would be different. Lots of people get in over their heads and have to dig themselves out. But they're doing videos talking about how much debt they have, and how many times they just didn't pay the mortgage even before covid, and then budgeting for alcohol? And showing these ridiculous grocery hauls that nobody with any common sense would buy. And of course the restaurant eating and justification of every "treat", and to me the most important: the abject refusal of BOTH of them to Get. A. Job. Any job. And Cullen needs to get his head out of his ass and participate in their finances more. They're not acting like anyone I've ever seen who is actually trying to make changes and pay off debt. They may want to pay it off, but only for selfish reasons, like appearances. Katie at least would blow it off entirely if she could. She doesn't want to change her ways. She just wants that big number to go away, and not because it's the right thing to do; just because she doesn't want to face it.
Somehow Doc and Dolly raised their youngest daughter with absolutely no integrity.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I could understand treating yourself to a restaurant if you had just paid off a huge chunk of debt. I could also understand if they were eating out as cheaply as possible. These two haven't paid off any actual debt in 6 months and go to the most expensive restaurants. Their bill at that bayou bills restaurant must have been well over $100. I am sure it was more with alcohol. They will never be out of debt. At this point I think their plan is to get a big brand deal and pay off a chunk that way.

I don't know I am almost convinced they are planning on filling bankruptcy after the house sells. They will either lose the house or it will be a short sale.

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

rosie_dalia wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:26 pm
HelloSweetie wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:04 pm
rosie_dalia wrote:

Is there a video about it? Even from their debt video about their mortgages it's clear they were secured before closing. They mentioned they had to get their taxes/paperwork done early so they could get their mortgage(s) before closing on the house. I think the "rent-to-own" was just a rumor on this site.
Keren and Khoa have a rent-to-own situation in your state, Florida, Orlando, where you say it is impossible, for a $2million lake house ;)

Return to “Cullen and Katie”