Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by Haulnarse »

lovingthisforum wrote:
rosie_dalia wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:26 pm
HelloSweetie wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:04 pm They did in the beginning after they first moved in. They definitely did a rent to own situation at first even if they now have a deal through the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there a video about it? Even from their debt video about their mortgages it's clear they were secured before closing. They mentioned they had to get their taxes/paperwork done early so they could get their mortgage(s) before closing on the house. I think the "rent-to-own" was just a rumor on this site.
Keren and Khoa have a rent-to-own situation in your state, Florida, Orlando, where you say it is impossible, for a $2million lake house ;)
99% sure k&k are just plain renting. They couldn’t even sell the house they own, no ones gonna “rent to own” them when they owe taxes, property taxes etc.
GigglyMint
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by GigglyMint »

lovingthisforum wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:03 am
GigglyMint wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:51 pm
Yes it’s due to Covid. Some mortgage companies require you to make up all the payments at once. Hopefully that’s not the case.

And they’re not moving to Florida lol. They just wanted something to film. It’s not serious.
I thought so too in the beginning when they clickbated the title, but yesterday they sounded serious when saying they wanted to rent for a year.

Good luck Katie.
They might want to but they can’t.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

SomeoneActually wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:55 am
lovingthisforum wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:18 am
rosie_dalia wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:32 pm

Their mortgage company offered them a mortgage forbearance because of the Covid-19 situation, but I think that ends soon. But, unless, they were really, really broke, they should have continued to pay it. Instead, they are taking those funds and spending, spending, spending! How stupid of them!

Edit: I looked up some info. Looks like they could have up to a year without having to make payments...but still a DUMB idea. Also, is their "hardship" due to the pandemic? They are at the freakin' beach for a month. Hard to believe they qualified because of hardship. UGH!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/advisor/20 ... 2c78453481
When they first got their 3-months delay, Katie said they had this (out of the 3 options in the article): Paused payments due at the end of the loan. She said the mortgage would take 3 months longer in the future and she probably thought who cares about 3 months later mortgage being payed far into the future in 20 years or however long their mortgage is. That's why she behaves as if they have $3400 for free/extra to spend.

Also, if I didn't misunderstand (I'm not from America), they don't have a mortgage company for the part that they rent to own. Isn't that paying mortgage to the former owner of the house? Or does that go via a mortgage company as well? For the other part ($50k loan I believe it was) they do have a mortgage company. So are they paying two entities, together $3400 monthly? If so, worth standing still by the fact Katie never revealed this, in line of all the other things she misrepresents, lets put it that way.
To qualify for a year of hardship they must have a federally backed mortgage, which they don't have. They are just skipping there payments.
OK, I'm done with this! They don't rent-to-own!!!!! They have federally-back mortgages. Go watch their video about it.

They couldn't skip all these payments with a rent-to-own without a major eviction/lawsuit. That's not how that works.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Jay must be making 25K a month. Katie's dad must be making $75k+ a month in income and investment income. I'm sure Cullen is a FAILURE in this family. He hasn't done anything.
SomeoneActually
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SomeoneActually »

rosie_dalia wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:20 pm
lovingthisforum wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:18 am

When they first got their 3-months delay, Katie said they had this (out of the 3 options in the article): Paused payments due at the end of the loan. She said the mortgage would take 3 months longer in the future and she probably thought who cares about 3 months later mortgage being payed far into the future in 20 years or however long their mortgage is. That's why she behaves as if they have $3400 for free/extra to spend.

Also, if I didn't misunderstand (I'm not from America), they don't have a mortgage company for the part that they rent to own. Isn't that paying mortgage to the former owner of the house? Or does that go via a mortgage company as well? For the other part ($50k loan I believe it was) they do have a mortgage company. So are they paying two entities, together $3400 monthly? If so, worth standing still by the fact Katie never revealed this, in line of all the other things she misrepresents, lets put it that way.
To qualify for a year of hardship they must have a federally backed mortgage, which they don't have. They are just skipping there payments.
OK, I'm done with this! They don't rent-to-own!!!!! They have federally-back mortgages. Go watch their video about it.

They couldn't skip all these payments with a rent-to-own without a major eviction/lawsuit. That's not how that works.
You can't have 2 federally backed mortgages on the same property. They are not making a mortgage payment hoping there house sells before they get foreclosed on. Where I live there are no evictions foreclosures till Oct 1.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

rosie_dalia wrote:Jay must be making 25K a month. Katie's dad must be making $75k+ a month in income and investment income. I'm sure Cullen is a FAILURE in this family. He hasn't done anything.
A radiologist in AL makes a top of end of $34k a month. Doc would need to have some pretty stellar investments in order to be bringing in an additional $41k in investments every month.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

The difference between C&K and her dad and Jay is those two don't spend money like crazy. Obviously Kelley and Jay did a few home improvements and showed themselves going shopping but they seemed to be very level headed about it. Katie would have been in debt even if she had a husband bringing in 30k a month. You still need to have a budget and spend wisely. Katie was spending $2000 + at Kohls every month. Kelley actually came off as a pretty frugal person. They did through their kids $3000 birthday parties either. C&K never had a real plan, then the money started pouring in and they went wild. Kelley is 6 years older than Katie and her and Jay lived in a much smaller home before they bought their current one. I don't doubt that Jay and Doc are making quite a lot but I am sure they are putting a decent amount in savings. Katie spent every dime they made for 2 years and maxed out a credit card. C&K could have been living within their means and saving and been just fine.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

Boymomma123 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:14 am The difference between C&K and her dad and Jay is those two don't spend money like crazy. Obviously Kelley and Jay did a few home improvements and showed themselves going shopping but they seemed to be very level headed about it. Katie would have been in debt even if she had a husband bringing in 30k a month. You still need to have a budget and spend wisely. Katie was spending $2000 + at Kohls every month. Kelley actually came off as a pretty frugal person. They did through their kids $3000 birthday parties either. C&K never had a real plan, then the money started pouring in and they went wild. Kelley is 6 years older than Katie and her and Jay lived in a much smaller home before they bought their current one. I don't doubt that Jay and Doc are making quite a lot but I am sure they are putting a decent amount in savings. Katie spent every dime they made for 2 years and maxed out a credit card. C&K could have been living within their means and saving and been just fine.

Exactly! Katie's parents and Kelley and Jay have made much better financial decisions than they have. When Jay and Kelley were uploading to their channel there were things I didn't like but overall I always felt like they seemed much older and much more mature than Katie and Cullen(even more than 6 years). Jay kept working whereas Cullen and Katie didn't. It seems clear they have been wise with their money and savings and now they are benefiting from that whereas Katie and Cullen are on the brink of a complete and total disaster and they still can't seem to make real changes. There is zero reason they should be where they are except for their own stupid decisions.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

GGF1987 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:15 am
Boymomma123 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:14 am The difference between C&K and her dad and Jay is those two don't spend money like crazy. Obviously Kelley and Jay did a few home improvements and showed themselves going shopping but they seemed to be very level headed about it. Katie would have been in debt even if she had a husband bringing in 30k a month. You still need to have a budget and spend wisely. Katie was spending $2000 + at Kohls every month. Kelley actually came off as a pretty frugal person. They did through their kids $3000 birthday parties either. C&K never had a real plan, then the money started pouring in and they went wild. Kelley is 6 years older than Katie and her and Jay lived in a much smaller home before they bought their current one. I don't doubt that Jay and Doc are making quite a lot but I am sure they are putting a decent amount in savings. Katie spent every dime they made for 2 years and maxed out a credit card. C&K could have been living within their means and saving and been just fine.

Exactly! Katie's parents and Kelley and Jay have made much better financial decisions than they have. When Jay and Kelley were uploading to their channel there were things I didn't like but overall I always felt like they seemed much older and much more mature than Katie and Cullen(even more than 6 years). Jay kept working whereas Cullen and Katie didn't. It seems clear they have been wise with their money and savings and now they are benefiting from that whereas Katie and Cullen are on the brink of a complete and total disaster and they still can't seem to make real changes. There is zero reason they should be where they are except for their own stupid decisions.
We really don't know how well Kelley and Jay have done with financial decisions. I've seen some pretty impressive spending with a car purchase shown by Jay on their vlog and their house needs a lot of work so I don't feel that it was a good purchase. A party for their oldest wasn't inexpensive.
I agree Jay and Kelley are more mature, but I'd say that is a low bar to cross since no one is expecting C&K to act like adults.
If you look back, Cullen was working to grow a successful YouTube channel and he did in the beginning. I believe his dependency problems and YouTube changed saw this career evaporate. Yes, they are on the brink of disaster due to the poor outlook with social media jobs, work ethics, refusing to live within their means and get real jobs that pay a steady income.
Jay and Katie's dad are where they are today because they made education and career choices years ago that will benefit them throughout their lives. Kelley and her mom are home because of their husbands, but Katie isn't in the same position.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:13 am
rosie_dalia wrote:Jay must be making 25K a month. Katie's dad must be making $75k+ a month in income and investment income. I'm sure Cullen is a FAILURE in this family. He hasn't done anything.
A radiologist in AL makes a top of end of $34k a month. Doc would need to have some pretty stellar investments in order to be bringing in an additional $41k in investments every month.

Grand Doc owns a LOT of investment property! If you know his name you can check it out online in public records. He's obviously invested well and still brings home a HUGE income.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

SomeoneActually wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:48 am

You can't have 2 federally backed mortgages on the same property. They are not making a mortgage payment hoping there house sells before they get foreclosed on. Where I live there are no evictions foreclosures till Oct 1.
Have you watched the video about their mortgages? Also, under their mortgage forbearance they likely have about a year before any payments are due—because of federal law. THEY ARE NOT RENTING. LOL. You can watch the video about it.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

rosie_dalia wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:12 am
HelloSweetie wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:13 am

Grand Doc owns a LOT of investment property! If you know his name you can check it out online in public records. He's obviously invested well and still brings home a HUGE income.
Listen, their daughter on more than one occasion has embarrassed them in vlogs/IG. But what matters to them is their grandchildren and Cullen is their father. I don't know how they do it, but they continue to be supportive of C&K in spite of their social media presence. Katie grew up in an affluent family. Her behavior on YouTube and IG just shows how money can't buy you class.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

rosie_dalia wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:34 am

Have you watched the video about their mortgages? Also, under their mortgage forbearance they likely have about a year before any payments are due—because of federal law. THEY ARE NOT RENTING. LOL. You can watch the video about it.
Nobody is saying they are renting and you don't have to laugh out loud. Okay, good for you that you trust Katie blindly, she has a record of to be trusted what she says - not. As if youtubers are going to tell they rent-to-own. Again Keren and Khoa in your own state rent-to-own and did not tell their viewers, instead they said they bought the place. Hence, referring to a video for proof isn't proof.
SomeoneActually
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SomeoneActually »

rosie_dalia wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:34 am

I agree with you and they are not renting but the only home loans that are have a year long mortgage forbearance are federally backed loans, which Cullen and Katie do not have. Plus they said in a previous vlog that they only qualified for 3 months. It was the double oven vlog.
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

Latest YT: "Bayside or Beachside"... This video was almost 15 minutes long. The first 3 MINUTES AND 40 SECONDS are about Katie looking around at houses. The rest of the video was literally just filler. The kids "capturing" (and subsequently injuring) lizards, the fam going out to the expensive dinner, trying to justify spending... Yada yada... There's zero new content here.
But it DOES sound like they are seriously considering moving to FL.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lovingthisforum wrote:
Nobody is saying they are renting and you don't have to laugh out loud. Okay, good for you that you trust Katie blindly, she has a record of to be trusted what she says - not. As if youtubers are going to tell they rent-to-own. Again Keren and Khoa in your own state rent-to-own and did not tell their viewers, instead they said they bought the place. Hence, referring to a video for proof isn't proof.
She just hates being questioned. Everyone else needs to show receipts, but she just KNOWS THINGS. It doesn’t matter what board they are on, they are an expert at everything. They were previously banned and we knew who they were as soon as they came back, but thought we’d give them a chance to play nice. No dice.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

They were both definitely drunk or high in Katie’s Instagram stories from today.

It’s not cute sis.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Their view numbers are down. They've probably lost the viewers who were following their debt journey and who were serious about seeing them change.
Another day in paradise looking at homes they likely can't afford and eating out again.
CatInTheHat7
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by CatInTheHat7 »

Without wanting to add more to well if Katie said it, it must be true...

The 2nd loan on their house was an interest-only home equity line of credit of $55k. In January they said it still had the full balance outstanding and would have to be paid back when the house sold. Back then the mortgage had $494k owning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CatInTheHat7
Wallflower
Wallflower

Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by CatInTheHat7 »

<whoopsie! double post>

Return to “Cullen and Katie”