mikanai
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Rash and Justine - Life’s a slog, with nothing to vlog | Part 30

Unread post by mikanai »

Haulnarse wrote:
mikanai wrote:The whole swaddle disaster is self made to make their lives more interesting. Just keep the boys in snoos as long as the fit in them. What's the rush? It's much easier to get an older baby out of a swaddle than a younger baby who still has all of the newborn reflexes in place. Took me 3 nights and not nearly as much pain to get my 7 mo out of a swaddle sleep sack.

Also she spent several minutes talking about how they were hungry. Why not just start feeding one of them? Probably because she went and made 2 bottles and fed them at the same time. That explains the crazy breast milk stash. If she truly took turns feeding them, they wouldn't not get hungry at the same time because one would have been fed before the other...she's so dumb she can't even lie properly

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Lol we swaddled until our son was 11 months old ImageImage ended up having to use cot sheets lol. But we used a safetysleep, so he was secure and couldn’t roll. Amazing invention, used it will all three - from basinette to bed. Used it multiple times on queen/double beds while on holidays.

https://www.thesleepstore.co.nz/brand/s ... RMEALw_wcB
Dang! I wish I'd known about this thingImage really, whatever keeps the baby asleep at night, is the best strategy... Look at the twins' beat up faces in the vlog: Reuben scratched himself and Asher just looks sleepy. I'd love to see Justina's face full of hatred that night lol and he is right to be mad at that crazy controlling idiot

Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Haulnarse »

Why did they need someone to come and “install” the cameras when they were literally plug in the wall cameras.

I at least assumed they’d be wired in behind the walls, tidy and not have cords everywhere lol.

Cos a real electrician would come and wire them in behind the wall or from the ceiling.
gossip-guru
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by gossip-guru »

Haulnarse wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:10 pm Why did they need someone to come and “install” the cameras when they were literally plug in the wall cameras. Image

I at least assumed they’d be wired in behind the walls, tidy and not have cords everywhere lol.

Cos a real electrician would come and wire them in behind the wall or from the ceiling.
My guess is that they got the cameras second hand or begged for them off the fb groups shes in and whoever was getting them "out of the van" was just the person "donating" them to these losers.
Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

And lol, the camera doesnt work for the room. Wouldnt the idea to have it on her wardrobe so she doesnt destroy crap

What did people do before they had bloody home security systems in bedrooms we only ever had noise monitors, and my kids arent that old either - camera ones weren’t readily available 8-13yrs ago.
Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

spicy_dreams
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spicy_dreams »

Maybe I'm missing something here (and I'm not just trying to defend Rachelle, I think she's a pos, please don't just tell me to fuck off lmao) but what's the issue with her potentially not breastfeeding anymore? Is the issue that she's being dishonest or that she's not breastfeeding? I know breast milk is preferable to formula but I also know some women really struggle with it, more than others. Not everybody holds the same beliefs/priorities. I think the only thing that really matters here is that the boys are fed, if that's an unpopular opinion then so be it.

Even though it's Rachelle and we all know what she's like, I just don't really understand all the harsh judgements around whether or not she's breastfeeding, especially when it's speculative anyway.

I'm also just thinking of Alex (from Phil and Alex) and her hyperfixation on breastfeeding and how she's literally been letting her baby slowly starve instead of give in to the alternatives. It's really disturbing, and deserving of seriously harsh judgement.

Just... At the end of the day who really gives a fuck as long as the babies are getting all the nutrition they need? At least Rachelle isn't pulling an Alex.

Srsly though if I am missing something here feel free to explain. I'm not trying to be a dick I just don't understand.
Sunshineee9
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sunshineee9 »

spicy_dreams wrote:Maybe I'm missing something here (and I'm not just trying to defend Rachelle, I think she's a pos, please don't just tell me to fuck off lmao) but what's the issue with her potentially not breastfeeding anymore? Is the issue that she's being dishonest or that she's not breastfeeding? I know breast milk is preferable to formula but I also know some women really struggle with it, more than others. Not everybody holds the same beliefs/priorities. I think the only thing that really matters here is that the boys are fed, if that's an unpopular opinion then so be it.

Even though it's Rachelle and we all know what she's like, I just don't really understand all the harsh judgements around whether or not she's breastfeeding, especially when it's speculative anyway.

I'm also just thinking of Alex (from Phil and Alex) and her hyperfixation on breastfeeding and how she's literally been letting her baby slowly starve instead of give in to the alternatives. It's really disturbing, and deserving of seriously harsh judgement.

Just... At the end of the day who really gives a fuck as long as the babies are getting all the nutrition they need? At least Rachelle isn't pulling an Alex.

Srsly though if I am missing something here feel free to explain. I'm not trying to be a dick I just don't understand.
It's absolutely that she's potentially being dishonest about it. Her babies are crying in the background which is probably out of hunger too. Women who go through IVF statistically have a harder time getting a milk supply and breastfeeding. There's nothing wrong if she's not but just say it.

I don't really think comparing it to what Alex and her baby went through is the same especially since she ended up with a feeding tube. Long term infertility and struggling to breastfeed is a mind fuck. Then add on top of it all the problems that her baby has, it would probably be overwhelming for anyone. It's not uncommon for women to keep trying to breastfeed after IVF even if they keep struggling because it's something that they've dreamed about for so long. Alex at least tried to get help by seeing doctors and lactation consultants who all seemed to miss the problem.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Mammababe111
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mammababe111 »

Sunshineee9 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:29 am
spicy_dreams wrote:Maybe I'm missing something here (and I'm not just trying to defend Rachelle, I think she's a pos, please don't just tell me to fuck off lmao) but what's the issue with her potentially not breastfeeding anymore? Is the issue that she's being dishonest or that she's not breastfeeding? I know breast milk is preferable to formula but I also know some women really struggle with it, more than others. Not everybody holds the same beliefs/priorities. I think the only thing that really matters here is that the boys are fed, if that's an unpopular opinion then so be it.

It's absolutely that she's potentially being dishonest about it. Her babies are crying in the background which is probably out of hunger too. Women who go through IVF statistically have a harder time getting a milk supply and breastfeeding. There's nothing wrong if she's not but just say it.

I don't really think comparing it to what Alex and her baby went through is the same especially since she ended up with a feeding tube. Long term infertility and struggling to breastfeed is a mind fuck. Then add on top of it all the problems that her baby has, it would probably be overwhelming for anyone. It's not uncommon for women to keep trying to breastfeed after IVF even if they keep struggling because it's something that they've dreamed about for so long. Alex at least tried to get help by seeing doctors and lactation consultants who all seemed to miss the problem.

I think the issue is her putting up a front that isn’t true. Fed is best always and i don’t think anyone would judge her even if she stopped for no reason. Hell I made a choice to formula feed when I was pregnant and stuck by my decision because it was what was best for me. I didn’t listen to the judgement or noise from peer pressuring “breasfeeders”. Being relatable, and being raw in front of an audience that pays your mother-fucking bills is what people want.. not some phony, fake, high pitched, bullshit that’s led on. Her boys always seem starving and unhappy. My kids were ALWAYS milk drunk, happy, and if they weren’t I was looking for a solution to their discomfort. What’s wrong with cuddling your babies rachelle? Like she put them on the floor to comfort them but I almost never see her snuggling them or even wrapping them anymore.
mikanai
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mikanai »

Yes, its definitely about her being a liar. She is also setting unrealisticexpectations for her audience. Breastfeeding is hard especially with twins and when she makes it look like no big deal it pisses me off. I dont believe she is bf them at night and even throughout the day. How can you breastfeed 2 if you offer both breasts to each? There will be no milk left for the one who goes 2nd. And if she is offering 1 breast per baby then why the hell cant she tandem feed? didn't learn to position them properly?

Ld5
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ld5 »

Did she really dye her hair again? Or is that pictures’ lighting really off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mikanai
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mikanai »

Those poor babies.... what an idiot.Image

ALittleStitious
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ALittleStitious »

Yeah the issue here 100% is her (potential) dishonesty about breastfeeding. I've never seen anyone here say she should be breastfeeding because it's best or anything sanctimonious like that. It's always been because she's likely lying. Didn't she lie with Emma? And fake that she was breastfeeding in a video or was that someone else?

Also, in one of her recent videos (I can't remember which) she was holding one of the twins, complaining that he was cranky because he didn't nap, and she was so confused as to why he was fussing, but it was so obvious he was fussing because he was hungry. He was putting his hands to his mouth and opening his mouth real big. Rachelle is more determined to have them on a schedule, eating, sleeping, playing etc., when she wants, than she is to comfort/feed her own child. Like someone else said, she's never just holding or cuddling them. She's very cold to her kids.
Yourmomgoes2college
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Yourmomgoes2college »

spicy_dreams wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:12 am Maybe I'm missing something here (and I'm not just trying to defend Rachelle, I think she's a pos, please don't just tell me to fuck off lmao) but what's the issue with her potentially not breastfeeding anymore? Is the issue that she's being dishonest or that she's not breastfeeding? I know breast milk is preferable to formula but I also know some women really struggle with it, more than others. Not everybody holds the same beliefs/priorities. I think the only thing that really matters here is that the boys are fed, if that's an unpopular opinion then so be it.

It’s the dishonesty about it for me. Also, it just doesn’t add up. When my daughter was a new baby I was CONSTANTLY nursing. That doesn’t appear to be the case with her and she has 2. She supposedly sticks to a strict schedule which I don’t like either in the beginning. They need to eat and they need to eat a lot. But she seems to care more about her own sleep and free time than feeding them.
Yourmomgoes2college
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Yourmomgoes2college »

spicy_dreams wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:12 am Maybe I'm missing something here (and I'm not just trying to defend Rachelle, I think she's a pos, please don't just tell me to fuck off lmao) but what's the issue with her potentially not breastfeeding anymore? Is the issue that she's being dishonest or that she's not breastfeeding? I know breast milk is preferable to formula but I also know some women really struggle with it, more than others. Not everybody holds the same beliefs/priorities. I think the only thing that really matters here is that the boys are fed, if that's an unpopular opinion then so be it.

It’s the dishonesty about it for me. Also, it just doesn’t add up. When my daughter was a new baby I was CONSTANTLY nursing. That doesn’t appear to be the case with her and she has 2. She supposedly sticks to a strict schedule which I don’t like either in the beginning. They need to eat and they need to eat a lot. But she seems to care more about her own sleep and free time than feeding them.
Tweedles3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Tweedles3 »

It’s 100% the dishonesty. As an influencer, she is representing IVF moms, twin moms and moms of 3 under 3. She doesn’t provide any “real” content. She shops like a fiend and has parties and get togethers during a pandemic when many people are suffering. They’ll show special projects but none of their daily routine. I think her most relatable video has been her night routine with the twins, but even that wasn’t complete because they never once mentioned Emma and who is taking care of her. She talks about a schedule, but as someone in her shoes, you can’t schedule twins. They are not going to be easy like Emma. Having twins that sleep together is totally different. My babies didn’t nap together in the same room until they were 7-8 months old. They still take 3 naps a day instead of 2 because they wake each other up, or my 3-year old does. Their wake windows are not the same, then factor in growth leaps and teething and my daughter’s night terrors and you have a real mess. THEN factor in an older toddler that just got out of his crib and into a twin bed. I don’t want to share too much of my life because this is Rash’s thread. But she has to be dealing with this same stuff and she never shows it. Or maybe she’s just entering the madness with taking swaddles away, and eventually the Snoos.

I just don’t see them doing anything on camera. No one is ever prepping a snack or meal or cleaning up Emma’s toys and bins. Whenever Justin is on camera, he is always just standing behind the kitchen counter or wherever doing absolutely nothing. Rash films herself on the couch doing nothing as well. I wish they had more dynamic content, film what you’re doing. Set the camera down and show yourself doing laundry or bathing the babies. Do they both bathe the babies, and what is Emma doing while the babies are bathing? Even if she’s getting screen time, I wouldn’t fault them for that. My son would have a tantrum when we were both occupied with our twins’ baths, that’s real life. I wish they would show more of that.

Dani_465
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Dani_465 »

I unsubscribed from them the other day. I refuse to be part of the 300k subs. I can just as easily watch their boring af videos without being subbed. I should have done it sooner Lol.

I’m quickly losing interest... I don’t even watch all of the videos. All the.l whiny baby talk, trashy fussing with her hair (worse than ever), Emma you can’t even understand. Justina ughhh. No words!
Tweedles3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Tweedles3 »

^^^ Wanted to clarify, I don’t want to see Emma’s tantrums, but I would like if they shared some of the challenges they face.

Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

She stated in the last vlog the hardest thing with justin in “school” was when it came to feeding the boys. They are used to being fed at the same time - however she goes onto say she DOESNT tandem feed, so how can they be fed “at the same time” by breast??

Also the IG story if her “feeding” one the other day was so off.

She also said she wants to make it longer than emma did (4-6mths). We all thought she stopped with emma by 3mths.

I dont care how she feeds her babies, as long as they are fed. Just quit lying about it. Be honest.
Elliecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elliecat »

This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I do think she is still breastfeeding. The way she asked for advice from twin mummies came across as genuine - whether to wake Reuben up to feed after feeding Asher when he wakes up at night or to leave him asleep - but this might mean one boob isn’t emptied which could affect her supply. Or use the haakaa, but then if Asher wakes, she’d not have any milk left for him. These seem like reasonable questions.
I’ve only ever fed singletons, but I can see why she’d not tandem feed. I express once a day to donate to the milk bank. I have always expressed while feeding first thing in the morning and it’s a shitshow now that my baby is 3 months old and wants to grab the pump and mess around. I can imagine that tandem feeding twins is really uncomfortable. You’d not be able to use the side lying position, which is the only one I want to be using at night. It would be really uncomfortable once the babies are no longer tiny. I’d be very surprised if she’s getting up to make up bottles at night.
Although it’s not how I do it, I know a lot of people who give their baby a bottle of formula before bed to fill them up, but ebf the rest of the time. It seems perfectly plausible to me that Rash be combo feeding.

spicy_dreams
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spicy_dreams »

Sunshineee9 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:29 am

Ok I can totally understand that if she's being dishonest then that's a big problem. But we also don't know for sure that she's being dishonest..

And I won't go too much into it because this isn't Alex's thread. But you should go and read her thread if you think there's nothing wrong with how she's been handling her baby's feeding problems. Obviously what Rachelle and Alex are going through is COMPLETELY different, I'm not comparing it for any reason except to say that Alex is an example of how not to keep your baby fed. If Rachelle is missing hunger cues that is a big problem, but her baby's are hitting milestones at least right? They're fattening up good. Meanwhile Cassidy is still not gaining weight. I understand that women might be disappointed if they can't breastfeed properly, but Alex is letting Cassidy starve instead of give her all the formula she needs either by mouth or by feeding tube. Letting her go long stretches without food, not caring when Cassidy is banging her little head on her chest trying to get fed. Not taping her feeding tube properly and when Cassidy inevitably pulls it out (which feels fucking awful by the way) and is clearly in pain, instead of comforting her Alex starts recording Instagram stories, yelling angrily into her phone while still wearing Cassidy. Even yanking the fucking feeding tube out of her hand, pulling on the end that's still taped to her face. Alex isn't gentle, she doesn't comfort her baby, seems so disconnected. She's completely focused on her OWN experience (disappointment in problematic breastfeeding) and Cassidy's wellbeing is an after thought. She won't even buy a scale to check if she's gaining.

Sorry that's all I'll say. I know it's not very relevant here, I only brought it up initially because Alex is straight up starving her kid so whatever Rachelle is doing with the twins doesn't seem so bad. Not that she couldn't do better. She definitely doesn't feed Emma properly, but that involves real food. Breastmilk or formula at least is pretty simple. If she wasn't feeding the boys enough, I don't think they'd be as chubby as they are and Rachelle would probably be exploiting the situation so we'd know about it. "doctor says TWINS are too small??" Etc etc.

Return to “Rachelle and Justin”