Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

I wonder if C&K are really as delusional as they seem or if they know her parents will bail them out.

If they are truly serious about moving to Florida they have a lot of changes to make.

I think a lot of their plan regarding debt revolved around them selling the house and making a little off the sale.

I really just don't understand how two middle aged adults could be so oblivious to how things really work. They have to realize they cannot afford to rent homes that close to the beach in a very popular vacation destination. I looked up some rentals in the area that are not on the beach and they were $2k+ in rent. C&K have a hard time affording $3400 and have made barely any changes to their lifestyle. Their spending habits are creeping back to where they were before and they are losing the boost in their views. They don't seem to have any plan whatsoever. They always seem to be under the influence. This is all going to crash and burn and I hope for the sake of their kids they keep it off YouTube.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

GigglyMint
Talker
Talker

Unread post by GigglyMint »

Boymomma123 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:07 pm Well they are back home now according to Katie's Instagram. Gaines should be starting school soon right? I wonder if it will be virtual or in the classroom.

Both. 2 days a week in person. The rest is virtual.
Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Todays drama »

Katie rides around in Florida neighborhoods looking at home options. This makes me laugh, because they may not have "options", they may have to take whatever they can get! No jobs, bad credit, debt up their asses, what does she think they are going to rent in a million $$ gated community? They better come down to reality. And thats IF they get credit approved for a rental lease.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Todays drama wrote:Katie rides around in Florida neighborhoods looking at home options. This makes me laugh, because they may not have "options", they may have to take whatever they can get! No jobs, bad credit, debt up their asses, what does she think they are going to rent in a million $$ gated community? They better come down to reality. And thats IF they get credit approved for a rental lease.
I feel terrible for the kids if their whole worlds get flipped upside down but man am I ready for Katie to get knocked off of her high horse!

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

It is ridiculous. I hope the three grandparents buy things for the grandchildren. Things they actually need and not just hand out money. No sense in throwing good money after bad.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

CatInTheHat7 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:53 am Without wanting to add more to well if Katie said it, it must be true...

The 2nd loan on their house was an interest-only home equity line of credit of $55k. In January they said it still had the full balance outstanding and would have to be paid back when the house sold. Back then the mortgage had $494k owning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's a good point. It's been on the market for $585k for the last 40 days. If they need $549k to pay off their home loans, plus realtor fees, I think they are still pricing it with the hopes of waking away with a little something. Like, $10k. I don't think it's going to happen. They're either going to get foreclosed on, or come to grips with reality and list for exactly what they need to pay the realtor and repay their home loans. Not even sure it will sell for $575k. I wonder if they've looked into negotiating a short sale with the bank.
twinmama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by twinmama »

Just this morning I stopped following these two on Instagram. I was interested in their debt story and watched those videos - I had never watched them before the "debt disaster" series.

It's just gotten too depressing to follow them. I added a comment on their most recent video asking if they were going to address how they could move financially, and when I went back a few minutes later they had disabled comments. They don't have any desire to do anything but keep digging themselves deeper into a hole.

I feel really bad for the kids in this situation. Moving states would add disruption in an already disruptive year, especially since they'd be moving farther away from family and friends. Also, C&K are acting like everything is totally OK - going on vacations, eating out, pretending they have money to move, and it's going to be a shock for the whole family (especially the kids) when their house of cards falls apart.

I can't watch two adults implode financially anymore.
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

They have been so quiet on social media. I wonder if they are shocked that their last few videos weren’t well received? And WTF is Cullen doing dancing like that on Instagram? Grow the fuck up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

auntasaurus19 wrote:They have been so quiet on social media. I wonder if they are shocked that their last few videos weren’t well received? And WTF is Cullen doing dancing like that on Instagram? Grow the fuck up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am sure they are told every day to grow the f*** up. I feel the more they’re told the more Katie dogs in her heels and Cullen has to do what Katie wants. If he cared, he would pay more attention to their finances. Instead he is so immature and would rather play or dance than be a grown up and get out of debt.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

They need to lower their price. Interest rates are low. Your house should not be sitting for this long. Their pictures are good. It’s the price.

I don’t hate them. I’m confused by their latest actions and I’m guessing they are getting comments from people who like them that feel the same way. The Florida move makes zero financial sense. I don’t know why they think they can afford it.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

Cgl33 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:08 pm They need to lower their price. Interest rates are low. Your house should not be sitting for this long. Their pictures are good. It’s the price.

I don’t hate them. I’m confused by their latest actions and I’m guessing they are getting comments from people who like them that feel the same way. The Florida move makes zero financial sense. I don’t know why they think they can afford it.
I agree the pictures they have now are much better. If when they put the house on the market last summer they had those pictures and an asking price of 590-600k I think they might have sold it. I think their previous realtor has some questions to answer.

My guess is they're not long away from having to do a short sale
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Well they are back to buying expensive name brands again for back to school! Katie justified buying Gaines sketches (which can be pretty pricey) because they are "all they could find in a size 13". We get it Katie, you did the budgeting thing for a while and now you want your spending lifestyle back. Also, correct me I am wrong but I always thought a childs size 1 and toddler 13 were pretty interchangeable?

I have no problem with parents investing in a nice pair of shoes for their kids so don't come at me with that. I have a problem with Katie claiming it was "their only choice". When in reality she just likes to spend money and continue to pretend they have money. I also doubt that they truly budgeted for back to school. If they were truly on a budget they should have a set amount of money to spend and try not to exceed that amount.

This is the kind of stuff that is going to make them lose their boost in views. They got a lot of attention from the debt/budget community. Straying from that type of content and behavior will not help them. Who goes from selling all of their possessions and scrambling for quarters to fill their gas tank to "moving to the beach" and spending like crazy in less than a year?

I personally follow debt free channels to get budgeting and money saving ideas. C&K give zero advice and do the exact opposite of what they should be doing.

Next video will be a giant back to school shopping haul with no talk of the "budget".

ZzzCupcakes
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ZzzCupcakes »

Boymomma123 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:11 am Well they are back to buying expensive name brands again for back to school! Katie justified buying Gaines sketches (which can be pretty pricey) because they are "all they could find in a size 13". We get it Katie, you did the budgeting thing for a while and now you want your spending lifestyle back. Also, correct me I am wrong but I always thought a childs size 1 and toddler 13 were pretty interchangeable?

I have no problem with parents investing in a nice pair of shoes for their kids so don't come at me with that. I have a problem with Katie claiming it was "their only choice". When in reality she just likes to spend money and continue to pretend they have money. I also doubt that they truly budgeted for back to school. If they were truly on a budget they should have a set amount of money to spend and try not to exceed that amount.

This is the kind of stuff that is going to make them lose their boost in views. They got a lot of attention from the debt/budget community. Straying from that type of content and behavior will not help them. Who goes from selling all of their possessions and scrambling for quarters to fill their gas tank to "moving to the beach" and spending like crazy in less than a year?

I personally follow debt free channels to get budgeting and money saving ideas. C&K give zero advice and do the exact opposite of what they should be doing.

Next video will be a giant back to school shopping haul with no talk of the "budget".

The problem with Katie is she has no understanding of a want vs a need. A quick amazon search shows hundreds of choices for size 13s. She does this all the time, just watch. Katie will justify spending too much money on a pair of shoes as "investing in the quality," then 2 months later buy 3 more pairs and justify it with them being on sale, or the kids wanting a pair for [insert holiday here]. She does the same thing when she justifies having an eating out budget, because it's good to treat yourself! Then insists on setting money aside for every minuscule holiday and goes over budget in almost every category. They treat themselves every day. They need to understand that budgeting and getting out of debt (especially $100,000+ debt) is hard and takes sacrifice. And Cullen needs to get his head out of the clouds and actually be involved. There's no excuse for him not to know how much is in their bank account. They should both be checking it every day.

It's so frustrating watching two grown adults (and parents, no less) acting so irresponsibly while simultaneously giving out bad budgeting advice to their audience. I think it says a lot that they haven't had to pay their mortgage in months, yet haven't seemed to pay off a chunk of debt in a while (we know they would announce/brag about it if they have). Unfortunately I can't see this ending well. They should have hit rock bottom last year when they couldn't afford gas or food, but here we are a year later and they haven't changed.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

ZzzCupcakes wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:30 am
Boymomma123 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:11 am Well they are back to buying expensive name brands again for back to school! Katie justified buying Gaines sketches (which can be pretty pricey) because they are "all they could find in a size 13". We get it Katie, you did the budgeting thing for a while and now you want your spending lifestyle back. Also, correct me I am wrong but I always thought a childs size 1 and toddler 13 were pretty interchangeable?

The problem with Katie is she has no understanding of a want vs a need. A quick amazon search shows hundreds of choices for size 13s. She does this all the time, just watch. Katie will justify spending too much money on a pair of shoes as "investing in the quality," then 2 months later buy 3 more pairs and justify it with them being on sale, or the kids wanting a pair for [insert holiday here]. She does the same thing when she justifies having an eating out budget, because it's good to treat yourself! Then insists on setting money aside for every minuscule holiday and goes over budget in almost every category. They treat themselves every day. They need to understand that budgeting and getting out of debt (especially $100,000+ debt) is hard and takes sacrifice. And Cullen needs to get his head out of the clouds and actually be involved. There's no excuse for him not to know how much is in their bank account. They should both be checking it every day.

It's so frustrating watching two grown adults (and parents, no less) acting so irresponsibly while simultaneously giving out bad budgeting advice to their audience. I think it says a lot that they haven't had to pay their mortgage in months, yet haven't seemed to pay off a chunk of debt in a while (we know they would announce/brag about it if they have). Unfortunately I can't see this ending well. They should have hit rock bottom last year when they couldn't afford gas or food, but here we are a year later and they haven't changed.
Yes, not only does she not understand a want vs a need, she doesn't understand that people have to WORK for their spending money. I think it would be a fun mommy/daughter experience to get to go on a back to school shopping trip before kindergarten. It's definitely a milestone, and I have fond memories of getting to spend the whole day with mom doing something fun like getting lunch and shopping for back to school clothes. I would be sad if I was in Katie's situation and that wasn't financially responsible, but she doesn't seem to realize that she spent a boat load of money that they never had, and the lifestyle creep was insanely out of control for them. They dug themselves into a large hole, and now's the hard part where you have to pay for those bad decisions. Most of us work jobs we don't necessarily love every second of so that we can AFFORD the things we want and need. Once you have children, it's about providing for them. Most people make sacrifices, budget, save, plan, etc. so that they can be reasonably comfortable, and they can one day enjoy those moments with their kids without having to feel guilty. Katie wants the freedom and the lifestyle that comes with wealth, but she doesn't want to actually have to build it herself.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I think they are waiting for their next windfall. They couldn’t predict their level of success before, so even though we can all see the writing on the wall, I’m sure they just think they are viral idea away from being saved. Lottery winners file bankruptcy. They didn’t earn their money before with hard work. They worked but it was still a windfall.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Cgl33 wrote:I think they are waiting for their next windfall. They couldn’t predict their level of success before, so even though we can all see the writing on the wall, I’m sure they just think they are viral idea away from being saved. Lottery winners file bankruptcy. They didn’t earn their money before with hard work. They worked but it was still a windfall.
I agree, Katie mentioned in some of their early debt videos about waiting for large sponsorship payouts in the past to help pay off debt. I have a feeling they have recently been paid by some sponsors and have a false sense of security right now. They feel comfortable spending again. They will always live like this it seems.

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

If they are back home I think it was a deliberate clickbait series, while acting out their fantasy of living in a permanent vacation beach community, especially Katie's (remember she said to Gaines - who else - "I'm with you girl!", and Cullen was silent). I can see Katie laughing out loud in the car while coming up with their plan. She doesn't have the last laugh though and is back in the house where they never felt happy or belonged. They didn't even stay for one month in FL. Only around 2 weeks? They fail at everything, they can't even vlog daily anymore, not even during a vacation. The only "master idea" they had was lying to their audience they would move. Perhaps there's something with Cullen, because he edits, which is where the work is compared to putting a camera in your direction while walking on a beach. Or he simply wanted to relax and is tired of editing. I bet Katie is sick and tired of vlogging and dreams of being able to quit and be sent free. She has a conflict and is sitting in between 2 bad options, because she has to do what she doesn't want to do (filming her life) for the easy money (and life style) she wants that vlogging/social media delivers (-ed). Quitting and not having to deal with "haters", and thus having to get a job, on the other hand, is out of the question. Her only escape would be marrying a rich guy who already has a house, either in a gated community or beach community.
skyblueandblack
Talker
Talker

Unread post by skyblueandblack »

Cheesy noodles are back. Why are the portions so small for kids dinners on Katie’s IG?

A small helping of noodles, like one piece of lettuce each, half a banana each, and 4 grapes each. How is that a dinner??
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

skyblueandblack wrote:Cheesy noodles are back. Why are the portions so small for kids dinners on Katie’s IG?

A small helping of noodles, like one piece of lettuce each, half a banana each, and 4 grapes each. How is that a dinner??
Maybe the kids don't eat much because they are so constipated from the lack of fiber and all the cheese in their diets? So their tummies feel backed up?
But if that's a "normal" dinner, no wonder the kids need pediasure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

skyblueandblack wrote:Cheesy noodles are back. Why are the portions so small for kids dinners on Katie’s IG?

I honestly don't think the kids are ever really hungry at meal times. They let the kids get in the pantry and eat "snacks" all day. They eat granola bars, oreos, chips,goldfish and all kinds of junk all day. Those kids are in desperate need of protein I am sure.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”