Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Ckc717
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by Ckc717 »

The amount of times they claim to just happen to have a “gift card” is insane!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

Ckc717 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:46 pm The amount of times they claim to just happen to have a “gift card” is insane!

And she's trying to claim that the gift card was given to her as a Christmas gift 2 YEARS ago?? But it still had a "balance". I don't believe one word of this lie.
It's also hard for me to believe that Helix mattresses would actually sponsor these two numbskulls. I keep wondering if some of these "sponsored" items weren't actually free. But then I think that the company could sue them for saying on the YT that they were GIVEN a product. Maybe? I don't know the rules.
GigglyMint
Talker
Talker

Unread post by GigglyMint »

Creative74 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:56 pm
Ckc717 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:46 pm The amount of times they claim to just happen to have a “gift card” is insane!

And she's trying to claim that the gift card was given to her as a Christmas gift 2 YEARS ago?? But it still had a "balance". I don't believe one word of this lie.
It's also hard for me to believe that Helix mattresses would actually sponsor these two numbskulls. I keep wondering if some of these "sponsored" items weren't actually free. But then I think that the company could sue them for saying on the YT that they were GIVEN a product. Maybe? I don't know the rules.

They have a code. It’s legit.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Not to mention that people in serious debt aren't buying a Pottery Barn Kids backpack, lunch box, and water bottle. That water bottle alone was $34.50 with the personalization! I went to the Pottery Barn Kids website and that order was at least $88.50 worth of stuff on sale. They're not paying the mortgage, and they're certainly not paying down debt, but their daughter needs Pottery Barn Kids back-to-school gear. Priorities.
Coastiechick_1
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Coastiechick_1 »

I think her parents paid their debts, the fact that they’ve been silent about getting out of debt speaks volumes. I just don’t want to believe they’re living so recklessly financially, those poor kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Coastiechick_1 wrote:I think her parents paid their debts, the fact that they’ve been silent about getting out of debt speaks volumes. I just don’t want to believe they’re living so recklessly financially, those poor kids.

They were living far more recklessly before. Katie likely sees this as an improvement.

I really doubt anyone paid their debts off for them. Loaned them money maybe, but just paid them off.... doubtful.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

HelloSweetie wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:30 am
Coastiechick_1 wrote:I think her parents paid their debts, the fact that they’ve been silent about getting out of debt speaks volumes. I just don’t want to believe they’re living so recklessly financially, those poor kids.

They were living far more recklessly before. Katie likely sees this as an improvement.

I really doubt anyone paid their debts off for them. Loaned them money maybe, but just paid them off.... doubtful.

I dont think her family even loaned them money.... They havent been paying their mortgage for a few months now, based off their prior "budgeting" and how theyre currently spending now I would bet theyre blowing through the $3400 they would normally put on their mortgage.
amf2224
Talker
Talker

Unread post by amf2224 »

On Katie’s newest story from about 20 mins ago. There looks like there’s a new silver Ford Expedition in the driveway? I mean I know it easily could be anyone’s. But hmmmmm. Thoughts?

auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

amf2224 wrote:On Katie’s newest story from about 20 mins ago. There looks like there’s a new silver Ford Expedition in the driveway? I mean I know it easily could be anyone’s. But hmmmmm. Thoughts?

I saw that too! I came here to see if anyone else saw it. Is that the car she was sitting in yesterday morning filming that rambling mess of stories? I think she and Cullen are both pretty dumb.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Katie is the type of person that looks at things in terms of monthly payments and not total debt. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they upgraded their vehicle and thought it was smart because the monthly payment was lower.

This is how many people get themselves into negative equity car traps where they can’t sell their vehicle even if they want to because they’ve rolled so much negative equality into the new loan that they would actually owe more than the vehicle is worth.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Even with a trade in, how would they be able to finance a new car? Their credit rating has got to be in the toilet. Unless they got one of those "we'll finance anyone!" deals, and are paying a really high interest rate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Wow, they got "cheap" big lots back packs last year but I guess they had to upgrade her to a pottery barn one for kindergarten.

They aren't paying their mortgage, that is where all of the extra money is coming from. It's really giving the a false sense of security.

I don't think any family paid off their debt or loaned them any money. I just don't think they are super worried about their debt right now.

They are spending way less than before so it's an improvement in their eyes. They think fancy monogrammed school supplies are a necessity. They are beyond stupid if they got another car. Unless they traded in both cars and got a much lower payment. It might have been worth it then but it is still more years of paying a payment.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I can’t even figure out a scenario on why that car would be in their drive first thing in the morning. I feel like I lose brain cells every time I watch them. How are they surviving on two uploads a week. Why does Gaines going to school make any difference to their schedule. When my kids had first days of school, I still went to work, came home did laundry, cleaned the house, made dinner and prepared to do it all over again. I am so glad that my four kids all understand the value of a dollar and the value of hard work.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

Well what do the family members drive? Kelley has a suburban and I think Katie's parents do too. Also given the time of day and it being a school day its unlikely they had visitors. Also I didn't spot either of their vehicles in the driveway. If they got a new vehicle of that size and cost when they are close to foreclosure on their home then I think we can safely assume they've come into money.

A theory: maybe that whole thing about moving to the beach was to scare Katie's parents into thinking they'd move away with the kids so they would cave in and give them money to help with their debt
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

irishmiss wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:35 am Well what do the family members drive? Kelley has a suburban and I think Katie's parents do too. Also given the time of day and it being a school day its unlikely they had visitors. Also I didn't spot either of their vehicles in the driveway. If they got a new vehicle of that size and cost when they are close to foreclosure on their home then I think we can safely assume they've come into money.

A theory: maybe that whole thing about moving to the beach was to scare Katie's parents into thinking they'd move away with the kids so they would cave in and give them money to help with their debt
Whoaaaah.... Mind BLOWN on that theory. Wow. That's pure manipulation.

Re: the Pottery Barn backpack. Katie said that she chose this backpack because of the "quality" and because "it'll last several years"... I guarantee Katie buys her a new backpack next year. Even if this one is still in tact.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

If she wasn’t sure how early to wake Gaines up for school so she has time to wake up and eat breakfast, why didn’t they do a few practice runs. My oldest needed time to wake up and could not eat right away. She ended up doing smoothies on the way to school. My youngest needed to eat right away because she was hangry. We did have to figure out what worked and every year we had to ease my oldest back into the rise and shine routine.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Creative74 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:44 am
irishmiss wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:35 am Well what do the family members drive? Kelley has a suburban and I think Katie's parents do too. Also given the time of day and it being a school day its unlikely they had visitors. Also I didn't spot either of their vehicles in the driveway. If they got a new vehicle of that size and cost when they are close to foreclosure on their home then I think we can safely assume they've come into money.

Whoaaaah.... Mind BLOWN on that theory. Wow. That's pure manipulation.

Re: the Pottery Barn backpack. Katie said that she chose this backpack because of the "quality" and because "it'll last several years"... I guarantee Katie buys her a new backpack next year. Even if this one is still in tact.
Her parents seem reasonably smart- I'm sure they know that Cullen and Katie don't have the option to move until that house sells. Cullen's demeanor on his podcast after they got back from FL was very different. You could tell from the way he talked about it that he wasn't convinced it was going to happen any time soon. He knows that they have to figure out how to get out from under this mortgage first.

Do we even know how often Katie's parents get to see the kids right now? They aren't in videos anymore, and they seem to spend more time with Cullen's mom and sister since the mysterious "falling out." I would think that they could just make extra trips to the beach house and see the grandchildren more that way. It hardly seems worth it to bribe Katie and Cullen to stay in the state of Alabama when they hardly see them as it is and have a second home in FL.

In a Q&A they did years ago before their first child was born Katie was very insistent that they would never leave Alabama. Interesting how much has changed regarding her stance. It's clear she thinks they can run away from their money issues.

I'm not a car person- is this Ford Expedition generally speaking less than a Suburban? I just googled both and roughly the same price came up for both cars. I'm guessing this is a trade-in and they didn't do the math, and didn't think about the long-term debt over time. It's pretty funny that they traded in a $50K care for another $50K car. That's not helping matters.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Im in Canada, both the suburban and the expedition are close to the same price. The only perk to trading now for a vehicle that is just as expensive is they could potentially get a lower payment because interest rates are low now. A lot of dealerships here are offering 0% financing and no payments for 90 days. Right up Katie's alley!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Im in Canada, both the suburban and the expedition are close to the same price. The only perk to trading now for a vehicle that is just as expensive is they could potentially get a lower payment because interest rates are low now. A lot of dealerships here are offering 0% financing and no payments for 90 days. Right up Katie's alley!
But you have to have good credit for those deals, and we know that they can't possibly have high credit scores.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:57 am
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Im in Canada, both the suburban and the expedition are close to the same price. The only perk to trading now for a vehicle that is just as expensive is they could potentially get a lower payment because interest rates are low now. A lot of dealerships here are offering 0% financing and no payments for 90 days. Right up Katie's alley!
But you have to have good credit for those deals, and we know that they can't possibly have high credit scores.

Ehh, not really. I know a few people who have poor credit but no problem getting the deals.
Especially if they purchased the car through their company. Most of the debt is in their personal names, they could buy a car through their company with no problems.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”