Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

The Expedition might be valued the same as their current vehicle, but the upside for Kate would be that this vehicle is new. I know way too many people that think they need a new vehicle every two years (as soon as the new car smell fades). It’s ridiculous.

I agree with Faking It that they can qualify for financing. Too many people call into Dave Ramsey in these exact scenarios taking about a new vehicle they just purchased and already can’t afford. Dealers aren’t as choosy as you would think. They should be, but they aren’t. It’s the same idea behind why banks will tell you that you can afford mire mortgage than you probably should. They are in it to make their own money. They make more money off the financing than they do the sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PinkTuTu
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by PinkTuTu »

I can’t wait to see Katie & her shifty eyes to explain why they “needed” to get a new car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bcuzimnosey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bcuzimnosey »

I’m going with another brand deal like they had with the Infiniti! They haven’t talked about it yet because the video requires sponsorship approval? Maybe? Not to mention, they sure have been cranking out sponsored videos and IG’s lately.
NMiller2017
Talker
Talker

Unread post by NMiller2017 »

With Katie's crazy spending addiction I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it wasn't a cleaning service, I mean she's always saying she's SO busy answering emails. She probably whined to Cullen and justified it by saying the house always has to be "showing" ready.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Wow, in her Instagram stories Katie showed a $10 lunch box for Brooks from aldi that is almost exactly the same as Gaines from pottery barn! She was so surprised it was so similar. She paid $25 for that lunch box plus the cost of getting it monogrammed! Poor Brooks gets last minute school supplies yet the princess gets expensive shoes and designer book bag and accessories. How do they not see the blatant favoritism?

Investing in quality is only worth it if they plan to use the bags for more than a year. I would bet money Gaines will need a new one next year. Katie just likes to spend money.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

NMiller2017 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:36 am With Katie's crazy spending addiction I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it wasn't a cleaning service, I mean she's always saying she's SO busy answering emails. She probably whined to Cullen and justified it by saying the house always has to be "showing" ready.
She really has a problem with spending. There is no self reflection after vlogging a whole series of debt vlogs for viewers, she spends excessively on wants vs. needs and family dinners are back to eating out. I just have a hard believe she budgeted back to school with a gift card and if she did, it should be used on essentials like food at Target. The food she did buy was junk food. I don't see a good ending to their debt story.
Oh and the Bentgo is $28.00 at Target. You can get reusable food storage sandwich bags for far cheaper.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

You can see a beverage at dinner and the behavior driving with the kids and loud music isn't good. I suppose eating and drinking out all the time takes your mind off of the house not selling and the mortgage payments will be resuming at some point. If I were the parents of these adult children, I'd be concerned watching their vlogs and IG stories.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I wish I had magic 2 year old gift cards showing up out of nowhere the day I want to go shopping!

Anyone else notice Brooks say he was going to get more shirts when they were done vlogging? Seemed like an odd thing to say.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Shopaholic much? Gaines is the same way...gets way to excited over buying new shit. I call bullshit on the gift card...most likely her folks gave them money to get the kids some back to school crap. Katie probably doesn’t want Kelley to know mom and dad are footing the bill...still.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Catface2 wrote:Shopaholic much? Gaines is the same way...gets way to excited over buying new shit. I call bullshit on the gift card...most likely her folks gave them money to get the kids some back to school crap. Katie probably doesn’t want Kelley to know mom and dad are footing the bill...still.
I doubt that is the case. I am sure Kelly is told everything that goes on.
Littlemama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Littlemama »

So today the video is about Gaines getting a new Booster seat. They are just spending it up! I just can't believe how much money they are blowing thru right now.
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

Littlemama wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:32 pm So today the video is about Gaines getting a new Booster seat. They are just spending it up! I just can't believe how much money they are blowing thru right now.
I haven't watched it. Were they sponsored for the car seat?
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

Littlemama wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:32 pm So today the video is about Gaines getting a new Booster seat. They are just spending it up! I just can't believe how much money they are blowing thru right now.
I haven't watched it. Were they sponsored for the car seat?
crew96
Talker
Talker

Unread post by crew96 »

She said it is not sponsored
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

crew96 wrote:She said it is not sponsored
She also says she keeps finding gift cards for anything she wants to spend money on. I don’t believe much that comes out of her mouth these days.
Maxxinsta96
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Maxxinsta96 »

The only way I buy the gift card story is if they are from her parents. Maybe instead of giving them $$$ they’re giving them gift cards and that’s their way of helping?
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Even with "gift cards" she still spent a large amount on back to school for the kids.

The bentgo box was pricey and there are a ton of affordable products that are very similar.

Katie also doesn't strike me as a bargain shopper or one to take the extra time to find a cheaper option. They looked for shoes at target by her own admission. Target has a plethora of kids shoes and most are under $30. You cannot tell me there wasn't a cheaper shoe option for Gaines. Katie kept saying there was nothing Gaines "liked" in her size. How is she that picky at 5 years old that she can't find anything she "likes"?

They can spend their money however their choose it just bothers me how disingenuous they are regarding the whole process. Katie tries to justify purchases by claiming its all they had or all that fit/worked. When in reality its simply what they wanted. Katie is one of those people that thinks if something is expensive or name brand that it is automatically better quality. She is all about labels and still keeping up with the Jones's. The pottery barn stuff was for status for sure. Which is fine, when you can actually afford to pay your mortgage.

Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Haulnarse »

Heck, my kids all mix and match 2L sistema lunch boxes, they are like $2-4 depending on specials. I buy 6-10 of them at once. Super cheap to replace and the lids and bottoms mix and match.

Mr 12 may or may not have used to use his lunchbox as a soccer ball when he was younger ImageImage
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

Boymomma123 wrote:Even with "gift cards" she still spent a large amount on back to school for the kids.

The bentgo box was pricey and there are a ton of affordable products that are very similar.

Katie also doesn't strike me as a bargain shopper or one to take the extra time to find a cheaper option. They looked for shoes at target by her own admission. Target has a plethora of kids shoes and most are under $30. You cannot tell me there wasn't a cheaper shoe option for Gaines. Katie kept saying there was nothing Gaines "liked" in her size. How is she that picky at 5 years old that she can't find anything she "likes"?

They can spend their money however their choose it just bothers me how disingenuous they are regarding the whole process. Katie tries to justify purchases by claiming its all they had or all that fit/worked. When in reality its simply what they wanted. Katie is one of those people that thinks if something is expensive or name brand that it is automatically better quality. She is all about labels and still keeping up with the Jones's. The pottery barn stuff was for status for sure. Which is fine, when you can actually afford to pay your mortgage.

Those kids are spoiled as shit, sorry- just like Ollie and Finn they are allowed to rule the roost and make demands. They have cheese noodles every night because that's all they eat - no, it's because you don't step up and parent them into trying new foods. My child is on the spectrum and we've worked together on food issues to where they have a pretty well rounded diet. Consistency and patience go a long way....

You tell your kid she has to pick shoes at this store or look online and set a price limit. YOU are the parent, Katie‐ act like it!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

Obviously things with c&k are lot less turbulent than 2 years ago and initially it seemed like they might be getting their shit together but its clear now that they're not. Does anyone else think that the only thing that's actually changed since a few years ago is that they're both heavily medicated just so they function somewhat? Like are they actually pretty numb to feelings etc?

Return to “Cullen and Katie”