Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by Toodles123 »

I think Katie buys these mysterious gift cards and hides them from Cullen and then goes to Cullen "Look, I found a gift card" so she can shop extra.

Sent from my LM-X120 using Tapatalk

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

I could totally see Katie just buying random gift cards to trick Cullen. He has definitely seemed to have more reservations about spending. Katie is definitely able to sway him pretty easily though.

I think that their marriage is in a much better place than 2-3 years ago. However, I think they are playing with fire with their finances. They haven't paid the mortgage, they have gotten some recent brand deals as well. Yet it seems like instead of saving the money or paying down their debt more they are going back to spending. No talk of how much they "budgeted" for back to school. Katie just "had a gift card", there was no budget for shoes Gaines just bought "what she loved". No, you are her parent! Don't even show her the shoes out of your budget! Last year they bought the $16 Walmart shoes and she raved about how well they lasted. Yet this year they had to buy the $50 ones. My kid have had walmart/target shoes and nikes/skechers and they have been pretty similar. It not about quality for Katie, she is just obsessed with labels and "looking" wealthy. The dollar store has bento boxes for a dollar.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Gaines has reached that phase in life where she has to over dramatize everything. The hugging of the car seat box. I hope she works through it quickly. I find it especially annoying. I know all kids do it, but you can tell them when they go over the top to knock it off. Katie thinks it’s cute. Cullen has no say.
I agree with the above post that I think Katie does buy gift cards and then announces she found one. Unless Cullen decides to pay attention to their finances, he will be moving the 8 of them back to Granddolly and granddoc’s garage apartment.
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

Ducklings4 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:02 am Gaines has reached that phase in life where she has to over dramatize everything. The hugging of the car seat box. I hope she works through it quickly. I find it especially annoying. I know all kids do it, but you can tell them when they go over the top to knock it off. Katie thinks it’s cute. Cullen has no say.
I agree with the above post that I think Katie does buy gift cards and then announces she found one. Unless Cullen decides to pay attention to their finances, he will be moving the 8 of them back to Granddolly and granddoc’s garage apartment.
OMG! I've been noticing this about Gaines also in every one of their IG stories these days. She will SCREAM at the top of her lungs when her parents give her something new. Drives me insane.

I also noticed Cullen's latest IG story tonight- he and Katie are pouring the alcohol and celebrating the fact that both of their kids are now back in school. All I have to say is we'd better start seeing WAY MORE YT videos soon.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I guess I got blocked by Katie’s IG. I just don’t understand if you are an influencer why you would block someone. From a marketing point of view it makes no sense. Now I won’t see anything she is hawking on IG so she won’t get that view. It is funny that it is always the wives that block never the husbands. I guess we shouldn’t question unnecessary spending.
Em1899
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Em1899 »

What is the name of the vlog where Cullen pretends to forget Gaines at the store?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ducklings4 wrote:I guess I got blocked by Katie’s IG. I just don’t understand if you are an influencer why you would block someone. From a marketing point of view it makes no sense. Now I won’t see anything she is hawking on IG so she won’t get that view. It is funny that it is always the wives that block never the husbands. I guess we shouldn’t question unnecessary spending.
Oh, Bryan Lanning blocks. I got blocked by the entire Lanning family just for following a page on IG that made fun of them. I never commented on their posts. As a family, they sat down and found everyone who followed that page and blocked them.
If you have such a thin skin, you shouldn't put your life on the internet.
What is hilarious about them blocking people, is that it's so easy to create another account, or just log out and see their posts. It's like a tantrum. "You're not going to blow sunshine up my ass and tell me how wonderful I am? Fine. I will block you." And it isn't always actual hate or mean comments that get people blocked. Constructive criticism gets you blocked too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

Katie blocked me because I liked a comment a couple years back from a speech pathologist who recommend that they get Brooks evaluated. I didn’t even comment myself and it was a super tactful comment that I liked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

They’ve also turned the comments off on all of their recently uploaded videos. They’ve been completely silent today, probably hungover.

crew96
Talker
Talker

Unread post by crew96 »

auntasaurus19 wrote:They’ve also turned the comments off on all of their recently uploaded videos. They’ve been completely silent today, probably hungover.

Highly likely! Anytime they don’t post I assume they got into a fight haha. They are such oversharers of the mundane, my mind always goes right there.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

crew96 wrote:
auntasaurus19 wrote:They’ve also turned the comments off on all of their recently uploaded videos. They’ve been completely silent today, probably hungover.

Highly likely! Anytime they don’t post I assume they got into a fight haha. They are such oversharers of the mundane, my mind always goes right there.

Oh, and then Katie will post cryptic comments about relationships...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bootsncats
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bootsncats »

Man, they are just spending, spending, spending!!! They have totally abandoned their "debt disaster journey" and are right back to their old ways. AND... they are not ashamed or embarrassed one bit about it! New clothes and shoes and car seats and Cullen is even back to buying stuff for the aquarium!

I cannot stand how unfairly they treat Brooks. I know I harp on this all the time but it just blows my mind that they cannot see their favoritism. Gaines got expensive Pottery Barn Kids (monogrammed, of course) items for Back to School and Brooks was just an Aldi afterthought. When back to school shopping, Katie went on and on about how GAINES was getting new clothes and shoes until poor Brooks had to speak up for himself and say, "I am getting new clothes TOO!" Even when Cullen said they got Brooks a fish they let Gaines put his fish in the tank while Brooks was napping!!! I'll be interested in whether or not Brooks gets an "emotional first day" video going back to school.

I totally agree that Katie is buying gift cards and telling Cullen she found them. No one who is so broke that they are scraping together change to buy fruit for their kids and trying to put a DOLLAR in the car for gas saves gift cards for TWO YEARS! Give me a break!

On a sidenote... Katie posted a pic of Gaines and Brooks a few years ago on the first day of school. Gaines had a beautiful pink/polka dot backpack and lunchbox that was monogrammed. Why couldn't she have kept using that stuff???
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Katie justified the pb book bag because of the "quality" and it will last. She has pretty much bought the kids new book bags every year. The pottery barn personalized crap was for status. I agree bootncats, Brooks is just an after thought to Katie. Which is just mind boggling because he is her youngest. He is just there, Gaines is the star of the show. Poor kid wore last years shoes while his sister got treated like royalty. They justify "unbirthday" presents but are perfectly okay with spending a fortune on Gaines for back to school while Brooks uses his old stuff? Katie lives through Gaines so much it's insane.
Not that kids shouldn't learn to accept their sibling having the spotlight. But if the roles were reversed you know Katie would never let Gaines feel left out and she would get new shoes just because Brooks got them.
Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

crew96 wrote:

Same! “They got in a fight and Cullen is staying in the basement or a hotel somewhere” is always my first thought. It’s weird for them to be this quiet on social media. Maybe they are fed up with all the negative comments they were getting about their spending habits, etc. I’m pretty certain even the followers they gained during their “debt disaster” have figured out how absolutely full of shit these two idiots are...

bootsncats
Amateur
Amateur

I also just wanted to say that I hate, hate, hate that Gaines gets birthday presents and clothes and umbrellas and masks all geared to what she actually loves and Brooks just gets whatever crap is sent to them for free or whatever she grabs as an afterthought. Gaines's new masks were ordered especially for her and had foxes on them and other colors that are her favorite. Brooks got a Minion mask and one other one and when he saw the minion mask, he literally said..."What's that????" WHY couldn't they have ordered a mask for him with HIS favorite things?! I just think that if you are going to do something special for one, you do it for the other... NOT talking about their dumb "unbirthday" stuff just as a general statement.
And I could be mistaken but the backpack and lunchbox shown in the picture when Gaines was little looked to be Pottery Barn Kids as well. How did that one hold up?! Ha!!
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

And the big secret is....that they listed the house 7 weeks ago and that this is a sponsored video!

I will say they do seem proper worried now that the house is not gonna sell. Cullen kept looking away when Katie was talking also so I would say they are not sharing something big.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Katie’s manic talking in circles is such a “tell” that she’s hiding things. Cullen needs to wake up soon and take more control before Katie pushes them into bankruptcy.

oneandonlytara
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by oneandonlytara »

bootsncats wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:38 pm I also just wanted to say that I hate, hate, hate that Gaines gets birthday presents and clothes and umbrellas and masks all geared to what she actually loves and Brooks just gets whatever crap is sent to them for free or whatever she grabs as an afterthought. Gaines's new masks were ordered especially for her and had foxes on them and other colors that are her favorite. Brooks got a Minion mask and one other one and when he saw the minion mask, he literally said..."What's that????" WHY couldn't they have ordered a mask for him with HIS favorite things?! I just think that if you are going to do something special for one, you do it for the other... NOT talking about their dumb "unbirthday" stuff just as a general statement.
And I could be mistaken but the backpack and lunchbox shown in the picture when Gaines was little looked to be Pottery Barn Kids as well. How did that one hold up?! Ha!!
Yes. The unbirthday stuff drives me batshit. Never in my life have I seen anyone do that. There's no need for it; teach your kids that not everything is about them.

On the subject of the favouritism towards Gains--it's absolutely a problem and has been glaringly obvious since Brooks was even born. Take for example the vlog from I think last week, where Katie, Gaines and Brooks go shopping for school clothes. You see Gaines run excitedly over to the dresses and then Katie cuts and you see/hear Brooks say "can somebody unbuckle me?" Broke my heart. Even when Katie "let" Brooks pick out those shirts, you could tell she was doing everything in her power to have him choose something she wanted, so I was glad to see he ended up with the ones he chose.
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

We already knew your house was back on the market, Katie! And stop trying to sell us stuff. That is really getting on my nerves. Lately it feels like their YT videos are just one big commercial.
I feel like C&K weren't even looking at the camera for most of this video, which makes me think they are up to something.
bootsncats
Amateur
Amateur

Ha! Their latest video is ridiculous (I'm only about 1/4 of the way through viewing ) with them both saying that basically, they don't want to share their lives with the viewers.
Katie: Having to share just makes it so much more stressful.
Cullen: In general, not telling anybody, doing our own thing and living our own lives has been great.

UM.... you are YouTubers for a living, you idiots! If you don't want to share your lives and it is stressful to share with viewers... GET A DIFFERENT JOB!!!!!!

Return to “Cullen and Katie”