Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

lmmomSD wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:56 pm What adult posts pictures like this. You can't tell me they don't see what is reflected in the mirror.
They aren't 20 year olds at a frat party. That's probably why they don't have friends anymore. Their friends have grown up. I wouldn't want to hang out with people who think this is still funny. They planned it. It's really obvious how posed it is.
I'm not against a little grabass between consenting adults. But posting it on a public forum?
And I am also SO glad that the year of "gratitude not perfection" is over. Katie used it as an opportunity to whine and bash Brooks. She has no idea what a real attitude of gratitude is. Not the slightest.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
They posted something similar way back when Katie lost weight- the two of them in underwear or bathing suits? Katie was very tiny and in the reflection of the mirror, and it was obvious that they wanted to "show off" from their perspective by using the reflection in the mirror. A weird nod to the fact that she was feeling herself, but I guess too insecure to just post a straightforward photo of her "progress." Cullen even made this a part of his caption when he joking included a peach emoji and said she was there for him to "hold on to" or something along those lines.

They both seems extremely insecure.

Katie said that they couldn't accept the previous low offers, likely because they didn't have approval from the bank for a short sale and they didn't have the cash to bring to closing to make up the difference in what they owed the bank and what they were able to sell for. I'm assuming the offer(s) they accepted are just enough for them to walk away with nothing, meaning they likely lost their down payment and any equity they had. If I remember correctly, their latest asking price was just enough to re-pay the bank and cover realtor fees. It's kind of like flushing the profits from the first house sale down the toilet and paying rent on the McMansion for the last several years while also being responsible for all the maintenance and repairs. For their sake I'm glad they were able to get out before foreclosure, but they're going to have a really hard time finding anything in their "budget" that will meet Katie's expectations. They won't be able to skip their housing expenses for several months in a row now.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

^^ all you talking about the picture of them with Cullen doing the head stand in the bathtub? In his underwear?
Ugh. And I'm sure people are commenting on how they are "couple goals". So gross. They are not couple goals, at least not my goals. I don't want someone I have to get wasted to want to be around. The amount that they drink indicates that they don't really enjoy each other's company except when they are wasted. Not one of my goals.

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

Creative74 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:54 am
Boymomma123 wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:40 am Did anyone watch the latest vlog? I can't bring myself to do it and wondered if there was any real information in it.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
They got a contingent offer on the house, which looks like it might actually happen. Plus, they have a backup offer. There's a lot of blah blah blah in between, talking about all the "stress" they've been under with having to show the house while also trying to celebrate Gaines' birthday (or as Katie calls it, "Birt-day"). It does sound like they might actually have a sucker.. oops, I mean legit buyer.. So I'm hoping this selling of the house BS is over finally. However, they make ZERO mention of where they might live next. So, nobody actually knows what their plan is if this house sells. Start popping the popcorn! Haha...
They also said the contract wasn't contingent anymore, true or not, that's what they said twice. The second and back-up offer is higher than the first that was contingent. Especially in the beginning Katie was rambling about other stuff after interrupting Cullen, of course she wouldn't let him talk, though it could have been more interesting and substantial, Cullen was talking more about emotions/experiences, in his vague way, admittedly. Katie was rambling so much so that it almost sounded like they would never come to explaining the title of the video. And the way she says gaines gaines is annoying to me. Don't take the popcorn out yet, I'm afraid, I think the videos and the level to which they will share will be disappointing and Katie will never experience hardship in her life, she will luck out somehow, just like with selling of the house just before foreclosure. The fact that they aren't saying anything about this yet means there is something behind the scenes they aren't really fond of sharing perhaps, like they never told her parents paid for school for the kids, but to the contrary implied they themselves paid for it in their "budgeting" videos.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

lmmomSD wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:56 pm What adult posts pictures like this. You can't tell me they don't see what is reflected in the mirror.
They aren't 20 year olds at a frat party. That's probably why they don't have friends anymore. Their friends have grown up. I wouldn't want to hang out with people who think this is still funny. They planned it. It's really obvious how posed it is.
I'm not against a little grabass between consenting adults. But posting it on a public forum?
And I am also SO glad that the year of "gratitude not perfection" is over. Katie used it as an opportunity to whine and bash Brooks. She has no idea what a real attitude of gratitude is. Not the slightest.

Indeed. And that photo is tasteless
Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

Im almost certain her parents will cosign on a lease for a rental house. Everyone is right all they do is get bailed out by her parents and its so stupid. Katie has a degree that could bring in a decent amount of money but chooses not to because she's lazy. Cullen is just a 3rd child and so blind by Katie that all he does is sticks his head in the sand and lets her continue to destroy their finances. Both are toxic and have no concept of the real world anymore because at one time they were big youtubers.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Tayloch00 wrote:Im almost certain her parents will cosign on a lease for a rental house. Everyone is right all they do is get bailed out by her parents and its so stupid. Katie has a degree that could bring in a decent amount of money but chooses not to because she's lazy. Cullen is just a 3rd child and so blind by Katie that all he does is sticks his head in the sand and lets her continue to destroy their finances. Both are toxic and have no concept of the real world anymore because at one time they were big youtubers.
Big is relative too. Then never hit even close to the popularity of other family vloggers. Does anyone remember what their highest sub count was? Looks like maybe 556k somewhat recently?

Their “best friends” Daily Bumps are over 5 million. Ellie and Jared have 1.6 million and they’re barely uploading anymore.

They really should have had a back up plan a long time ago. They were never gonna hit pay dirt the same way.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Their channel never really made it "big" not anything like DB and E&J. At their peak they were hitting 100k to 200k views per video. Obviously they were still making good money but they should have been saving all they could. They assumed their channel would continue to grow and soon the would be the next shaytards. They were spending like crazy and their views started to tank. They are clearly just terrible with money and lack discipline.

I am sure her parents will cosign on a nice rental. Which is disappointing because I think Katie deserves to be knocked down a few pegs. I am happy for the kids to have stability though.

Maybe the "moving to Florida" was just a stunt to get financial support from her parents. Like give us money or we will move away. Who knows, we will probably never know they are clearly done being transparent with them budget videos.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

There was another gift card y'all! Magically they had more yogurt gift cards to save the day!

megh1995
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by megh1995 »

Find it really scary and sickening how little Gaines eats. 5 pieces of pasta (noodles) with a small amount of cheese, 1 strawberry, a couple pieces of shredded lettuce and 1 black eyed pea? That's super concerning to me. Poor child is going to grow up with an eating disorder.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

megh1995 wrote:Find it really scary and sickening how little Gaines eats. 5 pieces of pasta (noodles) with a small amount of cheese, 1 strawberry, a couple pieces of shredded lettuce and 1 black eyed pea? That's super concerning to me. Poor child is going to grow up with an eating disorder.
The biggest problem is Katie's inability to understand basic parenting logic when it comes to serving meals. All of the suggestions she explained the Dr gave were super obvious.

They need to quit serving noodles at every meal. The kids would probably try more if they weren't always served their preferred meal.

They have also always shown their kids eating junk food from dawn until dusk. Candy, chips, cheez its, cheese puffs and pop tarts galore.

I had to quit letting my kids snack between meals to get them to eat at dinner. Obviously if they eat lunch and are still hungry I give them a healthy snack but no more chips and other junk 24/7. All her kids eat are carbs with no real nutrients in them. All of those things are okay on occasion.

I agree, it is super concerning how little she eats at 6, my 2 year old eats more.

WatchinTheWreck
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WatchinTheWreck »

megh1995 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:05 pm Find it really scary and sickening how little Gaines eats. 5 pieces of pasta (noodles) with a small amount of cheese, 1 strawberry, a couple pieces of shredded lettuce and 1 black eyed pea? That's super concerning to me. Poor child is going to grow up with an eating disorder.
I couldn't agree more. There are plenty of accounts on instagram that give ideas for getting your kiddos to try new things and how much and what to feed them to make sure they are getting the proper nutrition. Also, kids need to be presented with the same thing sometimes upwards of a dozen times before they decide they like it. You don't give up. Those kids should be eating what Katie and Cullen eat.
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

They give the kids Pediasure, which I'm sure they feel makes up for their nutrient poor meals.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Major eye roll about her of all people explaining to not criticize what a child puts on their plate/mixes with other food. It doesn’t matter as long as it’s all eaten. My 4 year old dips her fruit in chick-fil-a sauce. Sure, it’s not something I would do but if she likes it, who cares?

And seriously, stop with the noodles already! The kids needs to be served what the adults are eating to expand their palette and not to cater to their (Gaines) needs. How the eff did Katie get a degree in child psychology?! My child eats whatever we’re having because we tell her she is not getting anything else before bed. And guess what? She eats it AND likes it! She is not a picky eater at all.

I just can’t with her.... uughhhhhhh.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
janaduggar
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by janaduggar »

For people on the verge of foreclosure they are do spend a lot of money on stupid things. Allure beauty box, green chef. If they were serious about wanting to pay off debt they sure do a shitty job cutting costs.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Mento290
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mento290 »

wishes wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:52 am Major eye roll about her of all people explaining to not criticize what a child puts on their plate/mixes with other food. It doesn’t matter as long as it’s all eaten. My 4 year old dips her fruit in chick-fil-a sauce. Sure, it’s not something I would do but if she likes it, who cares?

And seriously, stop with the noodles already! The kids needs to be served what the adults are eating to expand their palette and not to cater to their (Gaines) needs. How the eff did Katie get a degree in child psychology?! My child eats whatever we’re having because we tell her she is not getting anything else before bed. And guess what? She eats it AND likes it! She is not a picky eater at all.

I just can’t with her.... uughhhhhhh.
I was just coming to say that Katie just can’t resist ripping on Brooks. I saw her talking about the strawberries and noodles and I was like so what, I didn’t even notice he did that until she had to call him out. And yes she needs to serve other things, the set up they are using to serve dinner may work but they need to serve other foods. I want to see some meals with no noodles or cheese
Hannah
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Hannah »

Katie can't cook. Cullen cooks more often and with more skill than she does. If they have a hot breakfast, chances are he cooked it. I've also seen him put together some pretty awesome-looking grilled meats with veggies. HE needs to be in charge of the kids' meals because her idea of a meal is slop on noodles, and she's passing that mindset on to her kids. SHE eats like and has the palette of a toddler, and she's inhibiting her own kids', unfortunately. I am constantly amazed that this chick (no pun intended, Bamachick ;) lol) has a PhD in child psychology. If I didn't know it to be true, I would never believe it in a million years.
Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

Katie's Instagram post where she says it not most nights that my kids eat crap gave me major eye roll. Those kids get absolutely no nutrition what so ever because katie won't cook nor will cullen. Those kids are going to grow up to become the most pickiest eaters. For them it shouldn't be hard they are both home and post like 2 videos a week. If they are "busy" throw something in a crock pot. I know cullen can cook, but he needs to step it up and make sure his kids are getting the proper nutrition they need of Katie isn't going to do anything about it.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

What she throws in the crock pot is slop too. She does that nasty cheeseburger soup, and adds cream cheese and ranch to everything. It's so easy to sneak vegetables into your meals. Pasta sauce with shredded carrots and zucchini was a big winner at our house. It's also so easy to make pasta with chicken and vegetables if she is determined to make noodles. Saute the chicken with some garlic and olive oil, add a little white wine, chicken broth and asparagus or broccoli, cook the veggies, and toss it with some bow ties. Easy. Yummy.
And Kelley was able to get Gaines to eat broccoli. She just knows she's got Katie snowed. Katie started out so well with the BLW, but she sure backslid! Not to make excuses, but maybe when she had PPD she couldn't be bothered to deal with Gaines and just fed her what was easiest? And now she's just too lazy/drunk. And Cullen is totally checked out.
Bet those kids are so constipated.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

It is quite amazing how they were dismissive of their credit score.

It is sad they’ve gone from being a homeowner with their first home that had accumulated equity to potential problems with renting due to their debt, unstable jobs and spending problems.

Do they equate not paying a mortgage left more money freed up to spend on purchases or services that aren’t needed...or even some of the debt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Littlemama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Littlemama »

Well in the new video they say they are under contract. They told the kids they sold the house and they are moving. They said the buyers didnt have anything they wanted fixed in the house. At the end they say they will be going down to Florida to look at houses.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”