Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

irishmiss
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by irishmiss »

Ok so looks like this move might really be happening this time....and to Florida!!

What I hope happens is that once they are free from that house they will get their act together and think more clearly. They will try out Florida but when they are out of the fog they are in they will come back to their senses, reconcile with family and move back to Alabama.

What will probably happen is that they move to Florida , rent for life , minimal communication with Katie's family and just bum along for a while until (a) addiction issues set in again for both of them or (b) Katie leaves Cullen due to his issues, rescued by mom & dad,moves back to Alabama and marries a rich doctor/lawyer. Either way I think this move will make or break them because they won't be able to blame the house anymore.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

YTIG60 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:17 am It is quite amazing how they were dismissive of their credit score.

It is sad they’ve gone from being a homeowner with their first home that had accumulated equity to potential problems with renting due to their debt, unstable jobs and spending problems.

Do they equate not paying a mortgage left more money freed up to spend on purchases or services that aren’t needed...or even some of the debt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think Dave Ramsey has said that credit score doesn't matter but that's under the assumption that you're paying for most everything fully in cash. Because if you're using cash, then yes, credit score doesn't matter. But if you need to take out any kind of loan, credit card etc, credit score is essential.

They pick and chose the information they cling to and none of it makes sense together.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

irishmiss wrote:Ok so looks like this move might really be happening this time....and to Florida!!

What I hope happens is that once they are free from that house they will get their act together and think more clearly. They will try out Florida but when they are out of the fog they are in they will come back to their senses, reconcile with family and move back to Alabama.

What will probably happen is that they move to Florida , rent for life , minimal communication with Katie's family and just bum along for a while until (a) addiction issues set in again for both of them or (b) Katie leaves Cullen due to his issues, rescued by mom & dad,moves back to Alabama and marries a rich doctor/lawyer. Either way I think this move will make or break them because they won't be able to blame the house anymore.
Sorry I don’t see a lawyer or doctor coming in to save her day. She is too much of a hot mess. If one does they will come in with their own set of baggage and it will be an even worse sh*t show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

They do realize that living in Florida is expensive? Rent is not cheap here and if they want live close to the water good luck. I'm going to say it though I feel its selfish to uproot them during school when they have gotten the kids accustomed to the schools they are at, especially brooks.
Littlemama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Littlemama »

I say the big move to Florida is going to be to her parents beach house. They will probably live there rent free.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Littlemama wrote:I say the big move to Florida is going to be to her parents beach house. They will probably live there rent free.
I hate to say it, but I bet you're right. But I sure hope not!
I think that Doc and Dolly will help out to keep the kids from being too affected. If it wasn't for Gaines and Brooks, I would totally think they should leave C&K high and dry, no pun intended.
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by twomommies »

megh1995 wrote:Find it really scary and sickening how little Gaines eats. 5 pieces of pasta (noodles) with a small amount of cheese, 1 strawberry, a couple pieces of shredded lettuce and 1 black eyed pea? That's super concerning to me. Poor child is going to grow up with an eating disorder.
And 0 muscle tone from malnutrition. My niece was a vegetarian on her own when I met my fiance and she was 3, now the most meat she eats is chicken nuggets and she's 9 and has 0 muscle tone in her legs at all despite being active in sports.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

If they go to the beach house rent free... no wonder Kelley doesn’t speak to her anymore. I’d kick my sisters ass if she pulled that loser shit. I bet another reason Kelley left SM is because of all the questions about her idiot Sister.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

twomommies wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:12 am
megh1995 wrote:Find it really scary and sickening how little Gaines eats. 5 pieces of pasta (noodles) with a small amount of cheese, 1 strawberry, a couple pieces of shredded lettuce and 1 black eyed pea? That's super concerning to me. Poor child is going to grow up with an eating disorder.
And 0 muscle tone from malnutrition. My niece was a vegetarian on her own when I met my fiance and she was 3, now the most meat she eats is chicken nuggets and she's 9 and has 0 muscle tone in her legs at all despite being active in sports.

I went to school with a girl who was raised vegetarian from birth. She was a competitive figure skater through high school. I've been vegetarian for roughly 14 years, and I don't have an issue with muscle tone. If Gaines is malnourished, I doubt it's because she doesn't like meat, it would be because she's not eating. There are also other reasons that kids have issues with growth, hopefully it's not something more serious. I remember Katie taking her to the doctor a year or so ago for testing, and if I remember correctly they couldn't find anything medically wrong with her. I imagine Katie's concern had to do in part with her size and her appetite.
Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

HashtagBlessed wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:21 pm
twomommies wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:12 am

I went to school with a girl who was raised vegetarian from birth. She was a competitive figure skater through high school. I've been vegetarian for roughly 14 years, and I don't have an issue with muscle tone. If Gaines is malnourished, I doubt it's because she doesn't like meat, it would be because she's not eating. There are also other reasons that kids have issues with growth, hopefully it's not something more serious. I remember Katie taking her to the doctor a year or so ago for testing, and if I remember correctly they couldn't find anything medically wrong with her. I imagine Katie's concern had to do in part with her size and her appetite.
I agree she's not eating because all those kids eat are junk food constantly that when they get to dinner they don't want to eat anything. She tries to justify it by saying oh I had a good meal planned but my kids were off having fun and I couldn't cook. First off there are 2 of you and one of you couldn't have stayed home to cook dinner while the other one is with the kids. They need to get a reign on their kids nutrition before its too late.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

The kids don't eat at meal time because the eat snacks all day. They are filled with chips and pretzels and that is why Gaines seems malnourished. Most of her caloric intake is processed junk with barely any nutrients. If Gaines really had an aversion and is not keen on eating a ton of meat her parents could still make sure she was getting adequate nutrition from other foods. There are plenty of plant based alternatives that have protein and iron. They are just lazy parents and it is more convenient for their kids to eat pizza and chicken nuggets every night.

I am actually kind of upset that they are really planning on moving to Florida. I know sometimes you have no choice and you have to move during the school year. But they have a choice and are going to pull Gaines out of school in the middle of the semester during a pandemic. Just seems like something a parent would try to avoid if they could. I feel like C&K are having some kind of midlife crisis and sadly their poor kids are caught up in all the crazy.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

Boymomma123 wrote:The kids don't eat at meal time because the eat snacks all day. They are filled with chips and pretzels and that is why Gaines seems malnourished. Most of her caloric intake is processed junk with barely any nutrients. If Gaines really had an aversion and is not keen on eating a ton of meat her parents could still make sure she was getting adequate nutrition from other foods. There are plenty of plant based alternatives that have protein and iron. They are just lazy parents and it is more convenient for their kids to eat pizza and chicken nuggets every night.

I am actually kind of upset that they are really planning on moving to Florida. I know sometimes you have no choice and you have to move during the school year. But they have a choice and are going to pull Gaines out of school in the middle of the semester during a pandemic. Just seems like something a parent would try to avoid if they could. I feel like C&K are having some kind of midlife crisis and sadly their poor kids are caught up in all the crazy.

Feel free to correct me, y'all know them better than I do.... I used to watch DB and E&J but could never get into C&K.... it seemed to me like they had hit a new low and decided to try a new tactic with the debt thing and it worked! Seemed like they were fairly genuine towards the beginning of those but I feel like as they saw views rise and got a new outlook, they got greedy and fell right back into that "successful" youtuber mindset. All the "found" gift cards, trips, spending, etc. Like they think their subscribers will never abandon them again lol

Personally, I enjoyed their debt vlogs, but I don't care for their other vlogs at all and their last 2 or 3 debt vlogs were awful. Too vauge and no real substance. They're going to crash and burn again if they don't get their heads out of their asses

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Things were really rough for them as far as views go in 2018 to 2019. We were all speculating on here as to how they were affording anything based on their social blade and the obvious lack of views. This was also a time when their videos were all over the place and their upload schedule was crazy. Back in December of 2019 their videos barely hit 10k views after a week.

I have watched them for quite some time and like everyone else on here I could tell something was going on.

Cullen always seems more willing to be open with viewers (admitting his addiction issues) but Katie always tries to cover up the truth.

Their debt series was pretty genuine in the beginning and I had hope for them to drop the "rich influencer" facade. I do think that Katie has a hard time with criticism of any kind and prefers not to share intimate details. The more they shared in their debt series the more backlash they got.

I think Katie is hoping their boost in views will continue despite being less open and not providing actual budgeting advice. I also think they plan on using the move to Florida to boost their views. It's hard for me to watch their "family vlog" style recent videos. Her lack of empathy and treatment of Brooks just gets to me. Plus I don't know how you go from not being able to afford Alfredo sauce and gas to spending like crazy in less than a year. I definitely think it will all crash and burn again. I see divorce at some point as inevitable for them as well.

Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

I'm betting at the end of next year they will announce their divorce. They are total opposites that don't work well together. Katie has an addiction to shopping and wants a luxury lifestyle while cullen thinks he's 21 again and wants to have fun and both are alcoholics. They favor one child while ignoring another and its getting old. Im going to say this and agree to disagree but if you look back at brooks gender reveal you could see the disappointment on Katie's face when it wasn't a girl. She claims she had PPD but I think its because she didn't want a boy. As far as Florida, her parents will let them live rent free at the beach house. They need to cut their losses and one of them needs to get a job and just put up videos on the weekends.
Em1899
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Em1899 »

They been together since 2003, they are probably sick of each other
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Em1899 wrote:They been together since 2003, they are probably sick of each other
I think they're too lazy to get divorced too. Divorce requires making a decision and sticking to it. And working out custody agreements. Katie wouldn't want both Gaines and Brooks by herself. I can totally see her wanting to keep Gaines and have Brooks go with Cullen. And most family courts wouldn't agree to something like that, at least I hope not..
I think they will just drift along making each other and themselves miserable, drinking to put up with each other. And modeling poor relationship skills for the kids.

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

angelfire89 wrote:
YTIG60 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:17 am It is quite amazing how they were dismissive of their credit score.

It is sad they’ve gone from being a homeowner with their first home that had accumulated equity to potential problems with renting due to their debt, unstable jobs and spending problems.

Do they equate not paying a mortgage left more money freed up to spend on purchases or services that aren’t needed...or even some of the debt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think Dave Ramsey has said that credit score doesn't matter but that's under the assumption that you're paying for most everything fully in cash. Because if you're using cash, then yes, credit score doesn't matter. But if you need to take out any kind of loan, credit card etc, credit score is essential.

They pick and chose the information they cling to and none of it makes sense together.
What he says is a zero credit score is not bad. You can still get a house loan if it’s zero. A low credit score with bad hits is what is bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Tayloch00 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:41 pm I'm betting at the end of next year they will announce their divorce. They are total opposites that don't work well together. Katie has an addiction to shopping and wants a luxury lifestyle while cullen thinks he's 21 again and wants to have fun and both are alcoholics. They favor one child while ignoring another and its getting old. Im going to say this and agree to disagree but if you look back at brooks gender reveal you could see the disappointment on Katie's face when it wasn't a girl. She claims she had PPD but I think its because she didn't want a boy. As far as Florida, her parents will let them live rent free at the beach house. They need to cut their losses and one of them needs to get a job and just put up videos on the weekends.
They weren't ready for a second kid for many reasons. I think due to their age and previous miscarriages, they rushed things and didn't want to prevent a second pregnancy. I noted this at the time, but Katie did not look happy to find out she was pregnant. I know she claimed it was nerves, but in light of what we know now, her emotional breakdown is telling.

When they told Katie's family that they were having a boy, Katie immediately said this meant they needed to have a third because someone needed to wear all of Gaines' clothes. I think a female child feeds into Katie's shopping addiction and living vicariously through the clothes, accessories and toy purchases. I don't think she gets the same high (reliving her own childhood?) buying things for her son. It's not about what the child will enjoy or use, it's about buying things for Katie through her children.
Hannah
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Hannah »

lmmomSD wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:47 am
Em1899 wrote:They been together since 2003, they are probably sick of each other
I think they're too lazy to get divorced too. Divorce requires making a decision and sticking to it. And working out custody agreements. Katie wouldn't want both Gaines and Brooks by herself. I can totally see her wanting to keep Gaines and have Brooks go with Cullen. And most family courts wouldn't agree to something like that, at least I hope not..
I think they will just drift along making each other and themselves miserable, drinking to put up with each other. And modeling poor relationship skills for the kids.

Katie would be forced to go out and get a job, and so would Cullen for that matter. In divorce cases (different in every state), the parent with the highest earning potential will pay alimony to the lesser employed spouse, which in this case would be Cullen. They could agree to wave alimony all together, but that means she won't get it, either. Only an act of God would take child support off the table (the judge decides that, not the parents), and that support CAN include a court order to become gainfully employed or else. They are too broke to get divorced. Divorces are ex.pen.sive! They can each count on AT LEAST 10k each, especially if you have to go to trial and fight over stuff. Katie would want to fight over stuff.

Yep, I agree...they'll just drift along making each other miserable while the kids watch.
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Hannah wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:47 am
lmmomSD wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:47 am

Katie would be forced to go out and get a job, and so would Cullen for that matter. In divorce cases (different in every state), the parent with the highest earning potential will pay alimony to the lesser employed spouse, which in this case would be Cullen. They could agree to wave alimony all together, but that means she won't get it, either. Only an act of God would take child support off the table (the judge decides that, not the parents), and that support CAN include a court order to become gainfully employed or else. They are too broke to get divorced. Divorces are ex.pen.sive! They can each count on AT LEAST 10k each, especially if you have to go to trial and fight over stuff. Katie would want to fight over stuff.

Yep, I agree...they'll just drift along making each other miserable while the kids watch.
i dont know. wouldnt Katie have higher earning potential since she has a PhD. She would just need to get all her credentials up to date. Not saying that she actually would or that she would at all make a good child psychologist but she has the potential if that's what courts are looking at.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”