Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

Im gonna say that she didn't do her research when renting a lot of places don't rent to people with pets. My mom rents out my childhood home and she says yeah service dog is fine but a regular dog and cat no because she doesn't trust that they will take care of the house with the pet. Last time she got burned with that and had to spend 5000 on new floors and have someone deep clean the house. My whole other thing is they probably don't qualify they have to make 3 times the rent and prove it they could easily make that if one of them went back to work. They are just banking on her parents to put them up in the beach house.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

These idiots are really acting like they didn't know how hard it would be to rent with 4 animals? I have never rented in my life and I knew that. How can you have planned on renting for all this time yet never really looked into it. How do they live like this?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

They can’t afford how much it would cost to rent with two dogs and two cats. They’re also neglectful pet owners. The dogs long uncut nails will scratch the floors, their yard will be full of dog poop, and their cats will scratch and pee all over any rental their get because their only litter box is a giant unclean Rubbermaid container filled with dirty litter that they hardly ever clean out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

I’ll bet they dump the cats on some family member. Poor kitties.

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

There’s literal proof that their cats pee on everything (and they barely care.) That alone would make any landlord iffy about renting to them. Plus the animals are all getting older, which can come with more bathroom issues.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I am calling it now they will end up buying in their current area. They would be stupid to buy without even trying out Florida for a while. They drive me crazy with how little they plan and just expect it to all work out. I trust the lord too but that doesn't mean I just don't do anything. I could tell Cullen was super stressed out. I think he has a hard time being assertive and relies on Katie to make the plan. She clearly doesn't handle anything or leaves it to the last minute. Neither one of them is a mature grown adult.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I assumed they thought that they would be in a position to buy again until they realized they were going to have to sell for $55,000 or more below what they paid for their house a few years ago. There goes their down payment and any equity they had in that house. When they agreed to such a high interest rate, they should have realized that they needed to be in a position to pay off that mortgage as quickly as possible, or at least be in a position to stay put and afford that mortgage for many years to come. They weren't going to be able to turn around and sell in a few years when they could no longer afford the mortgage without walking away from all the money they sunk into that house. It was beyond foolish to think that YouTube would continue to be lucrative enough to afford that house, when even they admitted that at the time they saw the writing on the walls and their income was tanking when they bought that house.

They refuse to face reality. They just can't come to grips with the fact that the cushy social media lifestyle and the days of two stay-at-home parents are over.

They are even more deluded if they thought for even a second that this issue with renting and pets meant that they could just *magically* reconsider taking on a new mortgage. With no down payment and a bad credit score? Good luck with that.

Also, LOL at the real estate agents both mentioning the last hurricane and what that's done to the rental market as tons of people are trying to find homes, when Katie just got done dismissing any worry over relocating to a hurricane prone area. Kind of like how Katie thought that renting with four pets wasn't going to be a big deal.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Also, it sounds like they're trying to rent something that's been on the market for a long time and not selling, per the advice of the first agent? If a contract on this house they're looking at just fell through, why would the owners want to rent it? Homes are selling and at a higher price right now due to the low interest rates. I can't imagine why an owner would take their home off the market for a year to rent to Katie and Cullen and their four pets.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

She even acts high and mighty calling around for a rental. Just wait till whatever rental they might find runs their credit! Nobody is going to rent to these hillbillies. I think they are documenting it all so Doc and Dolly feel so bad for them they give them the beach house till they hopefully go back to work.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Cullen also seemed super high and mighty when the realtor suggested an apartment. She was right though for whatever reason apartments are more accepting of animals in many areas. These two really just think they deserve a 3000 sq ft house in a gated community.

They will either try to buy back in Alabama or move into the beach house for a while.

Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

Cullen biting his nails and twitching on the phone made my anxiety sky rocket...

DarthMama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DarthMama »

The fact they thought they could rent with 2 cats and 2 dogs shows how unprepared these idiots are for life. Then mention "Well we rented with them before." Well didn't you rent from your wife's family? Yes family is more likely to make an exception. We've been renting for 5-6 years, as much as I hate it. We did own for 5 years. We've decided to rent for now due to the fact if anything major breaks we aren't on the hook to have it repaired. We do want to own at some point once we feel it's safe to buy due to husband's job and so far they have moved us twice in 6 years. But I degrees. The past 3 rents we've had were a challenge with 2 cats. We've gotten by due to the cats are emotional support animals for my child with a disability. They do actually preform calming tasks, shown by video to the dr, and the dr wrote a note for us for rentals. It sounds like they are going to try and have someone write a "note" for them as Cullen talked about service animals. It also pissed me off that they mentioned Dave Ramsey mentioned he refuses service animals for his rental. I get it there is abuse with emotional support animals but it is illegal to deny housing for a person based on a true service animal, not just an emotional support one.
oldhagagain
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by oldhagagain »

So weird how they left in the parts of Cullen biting his nails and twitching. Loved how he kept mentioning they're downsizing from 5200 sq ft, just so everyone knows how fancy he is.

Do they talk about going to interviews and returning to work? Or do they talk like they're still hoping to figure out how to make money on YT?
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

oldhagagain wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:43 am So weird how they left in the parts of Cullen biting his nails and twitching. Loved how he kept mentioning they're downsizing from 5200 sq ft, just so everyone knows how fancy he is.

Do they talk about going to interviews and returning to work? Or do they talk like they're still hoping to figure out how to make money on YT?
And that they left it in every time he said that someone...like dude one look at your Youtube will show them you're life is falling apart. It's not impressive to own a 5200 sq ft home, when you are on the verge of being broke and homeless because of it... Such a bizarre video...
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

GGF1987 wrote:
oldhagagain wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:43 am So weird how they left in the parts of Cullen biting his nails and twitching. Loved how he kept mentioning they're downsizing from 5200 sq ft, just so everyone knows how fancy he is.

And that they left it in every time he said that someone...like dude one look at your Youtube will show them you're life is falling apart. It's not impressive to own a 5200 sq ft home, when you are on the verge of being broke and homeless because of it... Such a bizarre video...
I felt every time he spoke about downsizing that it was code for I am a loser with no credit don’t rent to me. I guess I know too much about their lives. As you said when they do the background check and see any of the videos they will say no you are too much of a risk.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I really just cannot fathom how these almost 40 year old grown adults with two kids to take care of didn't have a more solid plan for where they would live.

Cullen sounded so elitist constantly mentioning "5200 sq ft". I also noticed they were happy the potential rental didn't have carpet. Because they know their cats pee on carpet. I am going to laugh if these two high and mighty idiots end up in a small two bedroom apartment. They are going to have to pay for a storage unit for all of their crap they refuse to part with.

They really should read here, we predicted all of this months ago. My sister had a very hard time finding a rental for two dogs and a cat.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I cringed when Cullen kept mentioning that they were downsizing from 5,000 sq/ft and trying to get out of debt. I suppose any landlord is going to run a credit check, so it's not like they can hide it exactly, but Cullen's spiel was definitely code for, "we're a mess, don't rent to us." You could tell by the real estate agents; reactions. "Wow..." People don't typically go from a house of that size to having to rent unless they are in serious financial trouble.
Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

Out to dinner at their Mexican restaurant that they spend over $100 for each time but don’t worry guys I’m so sure they have a gift card. Their life is crumbling so they are going to go out and spend money on dinner to make themselves feel some kind of normal and that they do have money. I know this all too well because I was once them. It’s so sad. I feel so bad for these children. Their parents want to so badly be influencers and don’t realize that they could be so better off if they would just get real jobs.

Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

Don’t people typically downsize when their kids start moving out and they become empty nesters? Who downsizes when their kids just begin school!?
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Lolislol26 wrote:Don’t people typically downsize when their kids start moving out and they become empty nesters? Who downsizes when their kids just begin school!?
Parents who ruined their finances and have not other choice! I don't believe their spiel about "wanting" a smaller house. Princess entitled herself would stay in that Mcmansion if it was an option.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”