Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Lolislol26 wrote:Don’t people typically downsize when their kids start moving out and they become empty nesters? Who downsizes when their kids just begin school!?
People who don’t want to work and are in debt up the wazzoo! In other words Cullen and Katie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Creative74
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Creative74 »

Just saw Cullen's IG story, where he took the kids outside to play, which looked like it was in a shopping center parking lot. And then he said something about "going back to the room". Are they out of town on vacation or something?? I must have missed something.
scamartist
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by scamartist »

Creative74 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:01 am Just saw Cullen's IG story, where he took the kids outside to play, which looked like it was in a shopping center parking lot. And then he said something about "going back to the room". Are they out of town on vacation or something?? I must have missed something.
They are in Fairhope, AL, near the coast. Probably looking at houses.
Hereforthemamadrama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hereforthemamadrama »

I wish these two would just be honest we all know why they are downsizing why is it so hard to just say they are in massive debt and need to rent and start over. They would become so much more relatable if they didn’t pretend
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

wonder what’s this about...
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

scamartist wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:56 am
Creative74 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:01 am Just saw Cullen's IG story, where he took the kids outside to play, which looked like it was in a shopping center parking lot. And then he said something about "going back to the room". Are they out of town on vacation or something?? I must have missed something.
They are in Fairhope, AL, near the coast. Probably looking at houses.
Yeah probably that house that was on their top priority list and of which that guy had said they could rent it, with $100 extra for 4 pets.

Brooks, cutie with his tong stuck out, sweetheart. Why does he always have to stick his head into the family to be with the family and is Gaines prominently in the foreground again? Even on pictures Brooks is an afterthought. Katie and Gaines with their fake smiles, and Katie checking her smile in the viewfinder...

At least I'm glad they couldn't reach Florida and have to settle for AL.

No mention by them yet of going to miss the family, especially Katie. If you wouldn't know better you would think Katie doesn't have a sister. Wait she's probably going to mention her now.

On a different note, I don't think it's primarily laziness but because of spoiling Gaines why Katie lets her eat what she wants. Unfortunately she draws Brooks into the equation, who has nothing to do with Gaines' problem but is now denied basic food. I thought it was really sad to see their two plates again with diner made from that sponsor, at least they should have given Brooks a chance. It also feels awkward to me that they are having basic nutritious food behind the kids' back.

And of course Katie has to draw God into the equation for finding a house to rent, because Katie 'deserves' to be lucky as she is one of God's favorites.
bootsncats
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bootsncats »

I'm just going to throw this out there...I think the whole "drama" about renting or not etc. is staged. A few vlogs ago (can't remember which one) they briefly mentioned that a viewer reached out to them about a rental property. I think that they have plans already to rent from that viewer who is going to waive any pet policies and not require a credit check, etc. b/c "OMG it's Cullen and Katie and they are awesome!" That would explain why they are not panicking about ANY of the stuff that they should be totally freaked out about.

I have not watched the latest vlog (I'm about to do that now) so I'm curious as to what they are going to say.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

If that's true, wow. Just wow.

What is it about vloggers that makes people, even adults, be deaf dumb and blind to their flaws?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Yeah, I'm not familiar with the area, but I'm assuming Fairhope, AL is considerably less desirable than the immediate gulf coast area and probably a lot cheaper/easier to rent.

They're basically going from a 4.5 hour car trip to a 3 hour car trip to her parent's beach house. Why not stay in Birmingham where they have family close by? I understand they'll be within an hour or two from other nice beach towns along the gulf, but they're not able to afford an actual beach location. The most scenic thing they could find to share on stories was a boat launch, because Fairhope is on a bay, not the ocean.

Oh they're definitely the kind of people to say "God's plan" or "God will provide" because they're self-destructive and don't want to act like adults or take responsibility for their poor decisions. They needed to go on this journey, y'all! They've grown and learned so much by being almost 40 with two kids and no money left after they pissed it all away. I did see that Katie's mom left a comment along the lines of "God will provide" on Katie's instagram about the rental, and it made me chuckle. Subtext being: your parents won't be stepping in to save your butt. I still can't believe that Katie was giving money to the church when they were $80K in debt and couldn't afford their mortgage. Her justification was some serious mega church televangelists prosperity gospel BS if I ever heard it. “If you give your money to God, God will bless you."
scamartist
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by scamartist »

HashtagBlessed wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:09 pm Yeah, I'm not familiar with the area, but I'm assuming Fairhope, AL is considerably less desirable than the immediate gulf coast area and probably a lot cheaper/easier to rent.

They're basically going from a 4.5 hour car trip to a 3 hour car trip to her parent's beach house. Why not stay in Birmingham where they have family close by? I understand they'll be within an hour or two from other nice beach towns along the gulf, but they're not able to afford an actual beach location. The most scenic thing they could find to share on stories was a boat launch, because Fairhope is on a bay, not the ocean.

Oh they're definitely the kind of people to say "God's plan" or "God will provide" because they're self-destructive and don't want to act like adults or take responsibility for their poor decisions. They needed to go on this journey, y'all! They've grown and learned so much by being almost 40 with two kids and no money left after they pissed it all away. I did see that Katie's mom left a comment along the lines of "God will provide" on Katie's instagram about the rental, and it made me chuckle. Subtext being: your parents won't be stepping in to save your butt. I still can't believe that Katie was giving money to the church when they were $80K in debt and couldn't afford their mortgage. Her justification was some serious mega church televangelists prosperity gospel BS if I ever heard it. “If you give your money to God, God will bless you."
Oh, Fairhope is VERY desirable. Maybe in a different way than beachfront, but still very desirable. We don’t know where they are looking at houses, though. That could have just been where they stayed. Idk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

scamartist wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:46 pm
HashtagBlessed wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:09 pm Yeah, I'm not familiar with the area, but I'm assuming Fairhope, AL is considerably less desirable than the immediate gulf coast area and probably a lot cheaper/easier to rent.

Oh, Fairhope is VERY desirable. Maybe in a different way than beachfront, but still very desirable. We don’t know where they are looking at houses, though. That could have just been where they stayed. Idk
Interesting, I just did a quick search and the rental market appears to be extremely affordable. Perhaps the job market is not great? I would think those with money who want to vacation on the water are not looking to buy or rent so far from the ocean. I suppose it's all relative. I live in a high cost of living area (robust job market, high demand for housing) so perhaps my perspective is skewed. It looks like they could get a nice single family rental home at around $2k a month, but I don't know what their income is at the moment. And it's been on a downward trajectory since 2017.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

I am super confused about why they would move "to the beach" if they are not even that much closer. Clearly they are unable to afford the type of home they wanted with close proximity to the beach. Why move further south at all? If the whole point was to be close to the beach? Seems like this whole thing is some kind of f*ck you to her family.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Boymomma123 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:26 am I am super confused about why they would move "to the beach" if they are not even that much closer. Clearly they are unable to afford the type of home they wanted with close proximity to the beach. Why move further south at all? If the whole point was to be close to the beach? Seems like this whole thing is some kind of f*ck you to her family.

It seems that they're an hour or two from some nice beaches, but if I'm uprooting my life and moving away from both families for no other reason than to be close to the beach, I would need to be 20-30 minutes from the beach max. I don't think it's so much about the beach as it is running away from their problems.
DarthMama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DarthMama »

HashtagBlessed wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:25 pm
scamartist wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:46 pm

Interesting, I just did a quick search and the rental market appears to be extremely affordable. Perhaps the job market is not great? I would think those with money who want to vacation on the water are not looking to buy or rent so far from the ocean. I suppose it's all relative. I live in a high cost of living area (robust job market, high demand for housing) so perhaps my perspective is skewed. It looks like they could get a nice single family rental home at around $2k a month, but I don't know what their income is at the moment. And it's been on a downward trajectory since 2017.
With the way they are hemorrhaging money, I don't even believe they could pay $2k a month plus utilities.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

From a quick glance, they could have definitely found something perfectly adequate in the Fairhope area in the $1,500 or less range (without taking the the pet issue into account). I just noticed that large, fully renovated homes were only about $2,000 a month to rent. And we all know that's the type of home Katie feels that she deserves. But owners of nicer rentals are not going to want to risk other people's pets, so it will be interesting to see what they end up with.

I remember in their last vacation with Missy/Bryan and Ellie/Jared, they rented in the Gulf Shores area instead of in the Panama City area that her parents own in. Katie also admitted that coming home from that beach trip is when things really hit the fan financially. They didn't even have gas money in the bank to get home and all of their cards were maxed out. They may not have explicitly stated it, but I'm guessing they couldn't afford to go in on a rental in Panama City Beach and they may have nudged the group towards an Alabama shore rental instead. Gulf Shores doesn't have as much to do/isn't as centrally located from what I gather and isn't as nice as the beach community her parents own in. The sand/water didn't look as nice either as their beach vlogs from her parents' house.
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

Boy, C&K have been awfully quiet on social media. I'm guessing we'll get a video soon?? They're being very stealthy about what's actually going on in their lives.
hereforthekids
Talker
Talker

Unread post by hereforthekids »

I watched a little of the dont tell mom podcast. They want to get as far as they can away from their family it seems. This seems like a large temper tantrum where they want to be like ha! To most of their family. Gaines had a really special relationship with grand dolly at one time. Its just sad that they cant get it together.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Been on a super nanny kick for a while and all of these families remind me so much of C&K. They should try to get on that show! It would probably help boost their social media following as well.

Doing this just to move away from family seems extremely childish. Her family cannot be that intrusive and have always been good the kids. I am sure its because they impress upon them how important it is to get their shit together. Katie is just and entitled spoiled brat.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

hereforthekids wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:40 am I watched a little of the dont tell mom podcast. They want to get as far as they can away from their family it seems. This seems like a large temper tantrum where they want to be like ha! To most of their family. Gaines had a really special relationship with grand dolly at one time. Its just sad that they cant get it together.
It definitely sounds like they blame their families and YouTube in general for the fact that they bought and did things to impress other people. They should be looking inward to try to figure out why they were seeking that validation in the first place.

And I completely understand his sister Britney saying that being a full-time mom to two young kids is her job first, and YouTube is a side thing for her so therefore her upload schedule may not be consistent. But she has a husband that works full-time and he is the income earner. The fact that Cullen was putting himself in that same category of YouTuber was beyond weird- no one in that house has a job outside social media! It boggles my mind that both Cullen and Katie claim they're too busy to make content on a schedule when that is literally supposed to be their full-time job. Katie hasn't uploaded to her channel in months, and they couldn't pre-record videos? So lazy and entitled. Someone in that house needs a real job, and I honestly think that's a big contributing factor to their debt.

From what Britney was saying it sounds like Cullen and Katie's rental is not a done deal yet but it sounds like it's new construction or totally renovated. And Cullen is using the funds from his Facebook marketplace sales to repurchase all new things and furniture. Keep in mind these are probably things that they put on credit that they still have not paid off, hence the $40k credit card debt. This definitely sounds like trying to wave a magic wand and start a "whole new life" rather than fixing their problems and getting out of debt. If they were serious about getting out of debt, no way they needed a "stunning" brand new build or all new furniture just because this isn't their taste anymore, as Cullen said. And it's not just about the debt- they probably have next to nothing in college savings or retirement.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boymomma123 wrote:Been on a super nanny kick for a while and all of these families remind me so much of C&K. They should try to get on that show! It would probably help boost their social media following as well.

Doing this just to move away from family seems extremely childish. Her family cannot be that intrusive and have always been good the kids. I am sure its because they impress upon them how important it is to get their shit together. Katie is just and entitled spoiled brat.

My daughter loves Supernanny. We say this a lot. But none of these vloggers would ever do a show like that because they wouldn't be able to control the narrative and editing. The real sh*tshow would be exposed, and they can't have that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”