Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

Anyone see her IG stories where she's talking about how good gaines is for giving up her doll house like ok that's good, but in my opinion with clothes when they are that young you need to go thru them not her. I get the Christmas shirt made her happy, but if its too small why take it? I wonder if she let brooks go thru his things, but even if he did she wouldn't praise him. To me its just sad that they are moving away from family and uprooting their kids because they want that beach dream. Also with renting I hope they realize they have to live up to home standards and they cant let the cats pee everywhere.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Tayloch00 wrote:Anyone see her IG stories where she's talking about how good gaines is for giving up her doll house like ok that's good, but in my opinion with clothes when they are that young you need to go thru them not her. I get the Christmas shirt made her happy, but if its too small why take it? I wonder if she let brooks go thru his things, but even if he did she wouldn't praise him. To me its just sad that they are moving away from family and uprooting their kids because they want that beach dream. Also with renting I hope they realize they have to live up to home standards and they cant let the cats pee everywhere.
Her stories were ridiculous and it drives me insane how much she puts her own emotions and experiences on to Gaines. She is her own person yet Katie is so adamant that they are "so similar". When in all reality the kid just liked the shirt and recognized that she doesn't play with the barbie house.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

OMG their new video wtf. Justifying spending 2700 on a kids birthday party and then the year before it was 600. Yeah I see where they don't wanna say how much they spent on brooks because it was nothing. 400 this year that's pathetic on gaines because she had to go to Tennessee. 400 could have been towards credit card debt. They are so stupid it's beyond belief.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Tayloch00 wrote:OMG their new video wtf. Justifying spending 2700 on a kids birthday party and then the year before it was 600. Yeah I see where they don't wanna say how much they spent on brooks because it was nothing. 400 this year that's pathetic on gaines because she had to go to Tennessee. 400 could have been towards credit card debt. They are so stupid it's beyond belief.
$450 on Gaines’ sixth birthday so far. They said we haven’t had a party yet. Who will she blame for spending over $5000 on two of Gaines’ birthday. Oh and they don’t even remember what they gave her. I don’t remember gifts I gave my kids when they were young, but I know I did not spend over $2500 on their birthdays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

I don't understand why they keep making videos comparing what they spent in years past vs what they are spending this year. This doesn't tell their viewers anything. There are no tips or cost-cutting ideas. And if they only look at certain categories, we aren't getting the whole picture anyway. What's the point? I guess they're just trying to pat themselves on the back because they aren't spending as much as they did the past few years. We still don't see concrete numbers of how much debt they are paying off. Worthless.
DarthMama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DarthMama »

These "pod cast" style videos is making me about to unsubscribe from their channel. I don't give 2 shits you are idiots that spend almost $3k on a spoiled brat's birthday. It just makes you look stupider, and then the fact poor Brooks is totally ignored in all of this again. These two are clueless. Is it going to be one of their parents takes the kids away and they end up on the street. They need real jobs at this point. YT is drowning them. And the fact they keep saying "Oh we can write this or that off as a business expense."
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Creative74 wrote:I don't understand why they keep making videos comparing what they spent in years past vs what they are spending this year. This doesn't tell their viewers anything. There are no tips or cost-cutting ideas. And if they only look at certain categories, we aren't getting the whole picture anyway. What's the point? I guess they're just trying to pat themselves on the back because they aren't spending as much as they did the past few years. We still don't see concrete numbers of how much debt they are paying off. Worthless.
That's the really sad part is that they truly think that spending $500 instead of $2000 is "budgeting" and cutting back to get out of debt. My kids get a store bought cake and dinner with immediate family for their birthdays. Maybe a trip to chuck e cheese pre covid. We get one gift for them because family goes over board with gifts. These two are idiots and are setting Gaines up to expect some giant 10k birthday bash when she turns 16.

DarthMama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DarthMama »

Boymomma123 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:33 pm
Creative74 wrote:I don't understand why they keep making videos comparing what they spent in years past vs what they are spending this year. This doesn't tell their viewers anything. There are no tips or cost-cutting ideas. And if they only look at certain categories, we aren't getting the whole picture anyway. What's the point? I guess they're just trying to pat themselves on the back because they aren't spending as much as they did the past few years. We still don't see concrete numbers of how much debt they are paying off. Worthless.
That's the really sad part is that they truly think that spending $500 instead of $2000 is "budgeting" and cutting back to get out of debt. My kids get a store bought cake and dinner with immediate family for their birthdays. Maybe a trip to chuck e cheese pre covid. We get one gift for them because family goes over board with gifts. These two are idiots and are setting Gaines up to expect some giant 10k birthday bash when she turns 16.

My SO flipped shit on me last weekend for spending $400 on a birthday party, not including presents. But that was for BOTH of my kids. Kid 1's birthday was during lock-down so no party for them. It was kid 2's birthday but we decided to have it be a double party so kid 1 could get their party too, thus willing to spend a bit more on a party.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Okay so I looked at their Facebook marketplace listings and they are selling their dining table and hutch, their whole bedroom furniture set plus at ton of other stuff. What is the point of selling all of that if you just plan on buying new?

You are not really accomplishing anything if you are then spending more. They could have kept their dresser and just bought a smaller bed frame. But no they have to buy a whole new matching set! Next they will be selling the kids bed sets and buying them new. I would understand selling them if they planned to find the cheapest replacements possible or planned on thrifting new beds but come on this is C&K they will buy smaller yet just as expensive replacements.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I guess if you have the disposable income, I'm not going to tell someone what to spend on their kids. But as someone who is not in debt and who makes a decent living (more than Katie claims they bring in), I would consider $500 for a 6-year-old's birthday a splurge. It's definitely not budget conscious. Katie doesn't seem to grasp but they have negative dollars right now.

The fact that they make what they do, that they have the amount of debt they claim to have, and they still think $500 is an improvent or something to be proud of shows how out of touch Katie is when it comes to managing money.

ETA: It's clear from these videos that Katie uses their past spending to justify their over-spending to a lesser extent today. "You can't go from spending $700 on clothes a month to just $2....*looks at Cullen*...well actually you can." Of course you can! There's no reason you should need to buy clothing every single month. But in Katie's mind, going from $700 a month to $200 a month on clothes is improvement. It's clear that the only thing that stops Katie's spending is when they literally have nothing left in the bank account. As soon as money appears there she finds a way to spend it needlessly.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I guess it's just sad that they think they need to spend so much money on their kids birthdays. Kids don't know the differeor care how much you spend. They want time with you over anything else. They will never get out of debt if they don't change their thinking when it comes to spending. Their goal should be to spend the least amount of money possible for birthdays. Instead they focus on spending less than before. Which is great for someone simply trying to be more money conscious but not great for someone with crippling debt.

They never seem to mention their taxes or what they are doing to save for it. Obviously that is personal and they don't have to share specifics but they never mention it. These budget videos are pointless and just a pat on the back for themselves for not spending 3k on a 4 year olds birthday.

Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Lets be real the only reason they haven't been talking about how much debt they owe is because her parents paid off their credit cards and paid the mortgage for them. That video made so pissed off at then like who the hell spends over im gonna say for 6 years of birthday parties for your kids like over 3000 that's insane. What happened to a store bought cake, decorations from dollar tree, make your own snacks, and maybe for entertainment have it at a park and rent a bouncy house how hard is that? She has no concept still of money and I don't think she ever will. Also, poor brooks isn't getting a party and princess gaines is like wtf yeah show that blatant favoritism. Im so tired of it and ahe doesn't see the damage she is doing.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Also, $895 on groceries is insane! And that's them on a "budget." How can they possibly appeal to this new YouTube community? I agree with previous posts, I wonder if Katie is buying gift cards at the grocery store and pulling them out any times she wants to splurge on something. She can just tell Cullen she found a gift card.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Almost $1000 on groceries and their kids eat hot dogs and cheese noodles every meal. What are they possibly spending all of that money on? I spend $100 a week on groceries including veggies and meat for actual meals for a family of 4. We try not to eat out but once or twice a month. They probably waste so much food and throw money away with it.

I don't believe this crazy woman truly has a PhD.

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

They have to be trolling us, right? Right? I mean, their choices makes no sense!! WHY buy new bedroom furniture when you already have some? Sure, it can’t fit so put that in storage and use what you have. Ever heard the phrase “Shop your home”? Basically use what you can with what is already in your house. Yeesh, what dummies.

Also, again with the insane grocery budget when clearly they’ve been getting subscription meal boxes and the kids eat the same crap every night. I concur with the previous posters.... all that grocery money goes towards alcohol and “mysterious” gift cards.

The clothes?! How about use your sisters hand-me-downs and stop buying fugly monogram crap.

These people... how did I ever support them?! Oy....
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Yes why get new furniture? Use your stuff instead of shopping for new ones. Also I think they waste a lot of food that they get and throw it away. Oh we had to eat out when the realtor was doing showings um how about pack some food and take it to a park and have a picnic and some parks you can grill for gods sake. They don't think at all and try and justify every purchase.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And they are selling stuff on Facebook, right? But they need all new stuff? They do realize that they can buy furniture used as well as sell it, right?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

lmmomSD wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:19 am And they are selling stuff on Facebook, right? But they need all new stuff? They do realize that they can buy furniture used as well as sell it, right?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Katie needs to get her shopping fix somehow!
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

It's beyond ridiculous they are buying new furniture.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I really see no indication that Katie’s parents bailed them out. I think if they had they would be staying. Moving away is a power move to punish everyone for not helping imo. That’s why I think they are renting to start. To see if Doc and Dolly beg them to come back.

Know why I think they are selling their things? They need the cash to settle the house closing and fund the move. I think they are going to just finance new furniture after they move in. I could 100% see Katie justifying this as a good move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”