Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

As an addendum to my post above, while I think the steak and lobster was a freebie from a sponsor, Cullen did say that they "reworked" their grocery budget to pay for one of those convenient subscription meal services, which is definitely not budget friendly. No wonder they spend $800 a month on groceries.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Lovethesnark wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:36 pm They’ve had the suburban since 2017? Or was it 2016? Either way it’s probably time for new tires. I’m sure tires for that big ass vehicle are expensive regardless of which ones you buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They have Katie's car that I believe was paid for or her parents gave her. The Suburban should have been sold long ago if you are truly following Dave Ramsey's advice.
The math also doesn't work with the house sale and what they owe the at closing.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I did a double post by mistake. Did they actually get their grocery bill down to $800.00? I agree it is high, but for them, this is less than the thousands they've been spending. I still see they eat out too. I don't think they got the deal with the moving company like last time and they are doing their own moving. I don't see family or friends helping with this move so far?
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

They are constantly complaining about the heat in their current area. Yet they decided to move further south where they will get essentially no seasons and it will be even hotter. This seems like a midlife crisis that will just end up crashing and burning.

I know Katie claims she wanted to downsize but I find it hard to believe that her spoiled rotten self will enjoy living in a house that is barely 1800 sq ft. Once they get all their crap in it reality will set in. I bet they will be back in Hoover within 6 months.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

I have to wonder though will they clean the place up before they go? I know they don't have to, but it would be nice to clean before they leave so the new owners don't have to worry about that. I wonder to did she get rid of anything, because in her insta stories I saw just boxes and not really any trash bags. I don't think this move has hit them yet and the amount of space they have now. They will complain that oh this is so much tinier and were crammed in this house.
Nikkib90
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Nikkib90 »

Tayloch00 wrote:I have to wonder though will they clean the place up before they go? I know they don't have to, but it would be nice to clean before they leave so the new owners don't have to worry about that. I wonder to did she get rid of anything, because in her insta stories I saw just boxes and not really any trash bags. I don't think this move has hit them yet and the amount of space they have now. They will complain that oh this is so much tinier and were crammed in this house.
If they don’t. I’ll lose respect for them. That’s just rank of they don’t.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Nikkib90 wrote:
Tayloch00 wrote:I have to wonder though will they clean the place up before they go? I know they don't have to, but it would be nice to clean before they leave so the new owners don't have to worry about that. I wonder to did she get rid of anything, because in her insta stories I saw just boxes and not really any trash bags. I don't think this move has hit them yet and the amount of space they have now. They will complain that oh this is so much tinier and were crammed in this house.

You still have any respect for them?

Responding to another post as well-- they definitely should have sold the Suburban ages ago. The payment is something like $900/month according to what they said at the beginning of the whole "debt disaster" series. But they had some lame excuse for why they NEEDED two cars, even though neither of them work outside the home. Since they insisted on keeping it, they should have done Uber with it, but Katie's pretzel logic also precludes them doing anything besides being "influencers" to bring in money.
Remember when they went and spoke at a school career day about being YouTubers? I can't imagine any guidance counselor asking them to speak now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Tayloch00 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:07 am I have to wonder though will they clean the place up before they go? I know they don't have to, but it would be nice to clean before they leave so the new owners don't have to worry about that. I wonder to did she get rid of anything, because in her insta stories I saw just boxes and not really any trash bags. I don't think this move has hit them yet and the amount of space they have now. They will complain that oh this is so much tinier and were crammed in this house.
If the buyers are smart, they would have it written into the contract that the current owners need to have the house professionally cleaned before it's transferred over to the new owners.

My husband and I made the mistake of not doing this when we bought our house. The owner clearly tried to clean it herself, but it was still kind of gross when we took possession of it, and we had to clean everything all over again.
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

lmmomSD wrote:
Nikkib90 wrote:

You still have any respect for them?

Responding to another post as well-- they definitely should have sold the Suburban ages ago. The payment is something like $900/month according to what they said at the beginning of the whole "debt disaster" series. But they had some lame excuse for why they NEEDED two cars, even though neither of them work outside the home. Since they insisted on keeping it, they should have done Uber with it, but Katie's pretzel logic also precludes them doing anything besides being "influencers" to bring in money.
Remember when they went and spoke at a school career day about being YouTubers? I can't imagine any guidance counselor asking them to speak now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The excuse was that they needed the Suburban while their house was on the market because it was too stressful logistically during showings to be a one car family.

Wonder what excuse they’ll come up with next.

Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Ok so Halloween costumes. Brooks looked so good, but gaines was scary and weird like she was a hot mess. I mean I get she was a fox but it looked like something out of a horror movie. Brooks looked so cute as an army guy like she actually put thought in it while gaines looks like it was just crap thrown on her. She should have worn the fox onzie her grandparents bought her.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Brooks costume was a hand me down. She didn’t have to put though into it. She just needed to paint his face. He looks cute though. I wasn’t sure what Gaines was at first.

Momto3boys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Momto3boys »

DarthMama wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:51 pm Isn't their vehicle newer?

IMG_0124.png
tires are expensive for any car . Ours were 800 just for new tires and rotation. Thankfully my husband is a mechanic and can do all the other stuff for the price of the parts.
DarthMama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DarthMama »

Lovethesnark wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:21 am Brooks costume was a hand me down. She didn’t have to put though into it. She just needed to paint his face. He looks cute though. I wasn’t sure what Gaines was at first.

It was sad to see the whole thing he got a handme down when Gains I'm sure got that hotmess express for a pretty penny.
IMG_0172.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DarthMama
Talker
Talker

Momto3boys wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:34 am
DarthMama wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:51 pm Isn't their vehicle newer?

IMG_0124.png
tires are expensive for any car . Ours were 800 just for new tires and rotation. Thankfully my husband is a mechanic and can do all the other stuff for the price of the parts.
I know tires aren't cheap. thought the Subrub was about 2 years old. I'm talking about a 2-3 year old vehicle needing new breaks and tires.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

Lovethesnark wrote:Brooks costume was a hand me down. She didn’t have to put though into it. She just needed to paint his face. He looks cute though. I wasn’t sure what Gaines was at first.

What’s wrong with that? My sons costume last year was a hand me down. Then my daughter had a brand new costume because my mom bought it for her when they were out together. Does that make me any less of a parent?
Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

zipadeedodah wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:Brooks costume was a hand me down. She didn’t have to put though into it. She just needed to paint his face. He looks cute though. I wasn’t sure what Gaines was at first.

What’s wrong with that? My sons costume last year was a hand me down. Then my daughter had a brand new costume because my mom bought it for her when they were out together. Does that make me any less of a parent?
Do you have a track record of blatant favoritism of one child? No. Calm down

DarthMama
Talker
Talker

zipadeedodah wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:26 am

There is nothing wrong with a hand me down to typical people. But with these two idiots it's once again Gaines gets brand new, even thought it was a hot mess, and Brooks got leftovers. And looking at that costume Gaines wore, reminds me of the fox on Zooblezoo.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

zipadeedodah wrote:

I mentioned it was a hand me down because someone else commented that Katie put thought into it. It’s nothing wrong with hand me downs especially for a Halloween costume that will be wore once. This isn’t about your parenting.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I am watching the latest vlog. I haven’t watched in months.

That huge play set that they were just gifted, they are sending it back to the company and the company is giving them a smaller one.

Could they be any dumber? Or more greedy?
Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

I mean yeah that's great your selling crap and getting rid of stuff but the playset irked me like sell it you could get a lot of money. The sleepover irked me too because one brooks never got a party and two it just seems chaotic to have a party and trying to move. Also she should get rid of the kids beds and get smaller ones because if their house is tiny the kids need twin beds.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”