Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by ICantEven »

Is the TV on the new TV stand also new? I think they had them wall mounted at the old house, but can you do that with a curved screen TV? (disclaimer, I know literally nothing about TVs and haven't had one in 15 years)
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

NMiller2017 wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:53 am
wishes wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:24 am I didn’t watch their recent video but in a snippet, Katie says Cullen got a second job? Did they elaborate more on that? And funny how HE got a second one but lazy, entitled Katie would rather live in debt than get a frickin’ second job. Smh.
She was referring to him selling things on FB Marketplace.
Lol, seriously? Jokes aside, that’s just sad.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

Its not a second job to sell stuff on marketplace. If they really wanted to make extra cash do uber eats or uber. There are literally so many ways to make money right with car share or delivery services. God my friend who took a pay cut to keep her job in the pandemic and she supplemented her income with uber eats, uber, and door dash. They are sitting around crying about money and do nothing to actually get money except put out crappy videos once a week. They need to get off their high horse and get jobs. This is why I tell my students who want to be youtubers when they grow up that it doesn't always work out and they need to be realistic about their career choice.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

Yeah, it was sooo ridiculous how seriously Katie said that Cullen had a second job. It took me awhile to discover she meant selling their stuff, after they hadn't elaborated about his 'second' job for the whole video. Besides, it can't be a second job cause Cullen isn't making videos, 1 video per week isn't a first job but a hobby. Then Katie's 'second' job is purchasing stuff on Amazon with and for Gaines.

I've said before that I didn't believe that Katie decluttered and that she doesn't follow through when she starts something. She said that she would do step 2 of Marie Kondo which was Books but she never did, let alone the following steps. And she just dumped their stuff in the garage. Tons and tons of bins with cloths she had packed there. That's not decluttering and getting rid of your stuff, but still holding onto it. She went with the cloths to a second hand thing (I can't come up the name in English, the thing that she went to, an organization that does good things for free, lol, how's that called) and she sat in the car, discovering it was closed. I bet that she never went back to try again. I am almost certain those cloths ended up in the garage, especially since all those boxes in the garage after she had done Marie Kondo supposedly. Not to mention she didn't learn a thing because she is still engulfing Gaines into new cloths.
DarthMama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DarthMama »

lovingthisforum wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:11 pm Yeah, it was sooo ridiculous how seriously Katie said that Cullen had a second job. It took me awhile to discover she meant selling their stuff, after they hadn't elaborated about his 'second' job for the whole video. Besides, it can't be a second job cause Cullen isn't making videos, 1 video per week isn't a first job but a hobby. Then Katie's 'second' job is purchasing stuff on Amazon with and for Gaines.

I've said before that I didn't believe that Katie decluttered and that she doesn't follow through when she starts something. She said that she would do step 2 of Marie Kondo which was Books but she never did, let alone the following steps. And she just dumped their stuff in the garage. Tons and tons of bins with cloths she had packed there. That's not decluttering and getting rid of your stuff, but still holding onto it. She went with the cloths to a second hand thing (I can't come up the name in English, the thing that she went to, an organization that does good things for free, lol, how's that called) and she sat in the car, discovering it was closed. I bet that she never went back to try again. I am almost certain those cloths ended up in the garage, especially since all those boxes in the garage after she had done Marie Kondo supposedly. Not to mention she didn't learn a thing because she is still engulfing Gaines into new cloths.
I'm sure she didn't take it to the thrift store. Or she didn't want to get rid of it period so she looked up and knew they were closed but it was an excuse to not drop it off. I know the thrift stores locally here they will pick up or have an after hours drop box. The Walmart/Target stuff should have gone to the thrift store, but the bigger brands to make back some money they could have taken it to a consignment shop or resell shop, where they pay you on the spot or the store sells it and takes like 50% of the sale.
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

Their latest YT video had zero real content. It was just snippets of them moving all their enormous amount of crap from one house to another. I still don't understand why they didn't let movers do all this work. They said a company offered to move them FOR FREE!! Yet here we are, listening to them moan and groan and cry and complain because they are so exhausted from moving themselves.
This content (if they want to call it that) is getting very old very quickly.
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

Creative74 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:34 pm Their latest YT video had zero real content. It was just snippets of them moving all their enormous amount of crap from one house to another. I still don't understand why they didn't let movers do all this work. They said a company offered to move them FOR FREE!! Yet here we are, listening to them moan and groan and cry and complain because they are so exhausted from moving themselves.
It was a pointless vlog with irritating music and very old content. THIS is why their vlogs are doing so poorly. Stupid filler footage with the same boring excuses. All I hear is "blah blah blah blah" when they open their mouths. Oh, and throw in a sponsored ad for a stupid meal plan in the middle....way to piss off your viewers.
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

Liz_444 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:55 pm
Creative74 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:34 pm Their latest YT video had zero real content. It was just snippets of them moving all their enormous amount of crap from one house to another. I still don't understand why they didn't let movers do all this work. They said a company offered to move them FOR FREE!! Yet here we are, listening to them moan and groan and cry and complain because they are so exhausted from moving themselves.
It was a pointless vlog with irritating music and very old content. THIS is why their vlogs are doing so poorly. Stupid filler footage with the same boring excuses. All I hear is "blah blah blah blah" when they open their mouths. Oh, and throw in a sponsored ad for a stupid meal plan in the middle....way to piss off your viewers.
Not to mention.. a meal plan that they ADMIT they pay for themselves! I guess I understand using it while moving, because you have less time. But they admit that they use this meal plan service all the time. And guess what- Cullen still cooks it! Hahahahahaha!!! It makes me laugh that Katie can't even cook one of those meal plan dinners with each ingredient already measured out PLUS step-by-step instructions.
Oh and I saw on Cullen's IG story the other day that they were back out at a Mexican restaurant. Some things never change.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

It's also funny that Katie never sold stuff but Cullen did. Katie could have sold all those cloths on Poshmark and even make use of their viewership. After that she could have sold books and use their debt journey as a motivator to finally take Marie Kondo's next step. It's not that hard to select the books you have the slightest negative feeling about. It's amazing how she does nothing. It seems like Katie is more dependent on Cullen than vice versa and if they would divorce Cullen would well manage himself. He can make video's, cook, sell stuff if needed, play with the kids and take care of them (the latter nothing less than Katie), repair stuff in his house, do and clean up the laundry and vacuum clean, while Katie hates cooking, doesn't clean up the laundry for whichever reason and she dreads the thought of being a single mother with both Gaines and Brooks, she couldn't handle having to live with Brooks, for which Cullen serves as a buffer right now. When they redid the front yard with adding that stuff on the leaves, Katie did almost nothing and her physical posture was really lazy in my opinion, with some weak strokes of harking leaves. Again, Cullen did most of it. What _does_ Katie do? O I forgot, shopping is her second job and doing an email here and there her first. Does she still make her podcasts? I have a feeling she quit that as well. For Cullen it's easier to stay motivated with his sister.

It's amazing that they still have not said 1 word about family and saying goodbye or going to miss the family.

Their videos are lousy and I don't get it why they're not milking their moving. It was frustrating for me as a viewer and childish from them imo to literally show nothing of the house and only give this narrow view with the camera down. What's wrong with showing: 'O here is the kitchen (Katie was standing in the kitchen) and here is the living room, while we're at it I can also show you the yard. Next time we will show you more when the house is finished.' Being natural is always the best way to go instead of trying to manipulate your viewers.
bobhatesthat
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by bobhatesthat »

I don’t understand why Katie doesn’t get a job using her degree. they live close enough to a children’s hospital that she could probably find one or join a local practice. It would at least be steady freakin income to help with debt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

bobhatesthat wrote:I don’t understand why Katie doesn’t get a job using her degree. they live close enough to a children’s hospital that she could probably find one or join a local practice. It would at least be steady freakin income to help with debt.

Because YouTube is their job! Duh!
She has millions of excuses to not get a job. It's ridiculous for someone who claims to be "trying to get out of debt". They don't even put out videos consistently. Or put effort into their content.
Bottom line, Katie is spoiled and lazy, and Cullen appears to be unable to naysay her.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I think it says a ton that are there over packing the old house and there is not one single family member there helping them. The kids are sleeping in the empty house in tents. They have no family support. And that is their own fault.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

I don't understand the logic of selling their dining table to just trun around and buy another one?

They act like selling stuff is a second job yet they are just using the money to buy more crap. How is that helping them get out of debt?

They are such a hot mess.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

Boymomma123 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:07 am I don't understand the logic of selling their dining table to just trun around and buy another one?

They act like selling stuff is a second job yet they are just using the money to buy more crap. How is that helping them get out of debt?

They are such a hot mess.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
Not to mention they are buying new stuff at stores, like $300 for a TV stand at Walmart. Shouldn't they know fb marketplace is the best place for a deal on actually nice furniture? I guess they truly mean it when they say that buying good furniture that will last their lifetime is "not their style". So strange.
Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

Im sorry, but how long does it take to move? It only took for them to move in the old house one weekend. Also, why didn't she go thru all their stuff in the summer? It just seems like she didn't get rid of a lot of things only furniture. Katie is the most laziest person she could have sold clothes or given them away to someone. She doesn't think until it's the last minute and its honestly getting old. Like you're pushing 40 you need to get your life together and stop shopping all the damn time.
DarthMama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DarthMama »

Cullen's instastory from yesterday he was taking out the trash and high as a kite. First off I get moving produces a lot of trash, but the PILE he was taking down the driveway was jaw dropping. And the way was laughing the whole way walking it down you could clearly tell he'd been partaking in some Devil's lettuces. They sold the fridge, hope the buyers didn't have it in their contract they wanted it, on what seemed Friday. So, we all know it was their excuse for eating out all weekend.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

bobhatesthat wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:38 pm I don’t understand why Katie doesn’t get a job using her degree. they live close enough to a children’s hospital that she could probably find one or join a local practice. It would at least be steady freakin income to help with debt.

I don't think she would be able to get a job using her degree. If she has never had a job in her field and it is quite a long time since she graduated, the employers might think (rightfully so) that she is not capable. Many mothers that have been working before becoming house wives have hard time getting back to their careers after years being home, even when they do have the work experience.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kataja wrote:
bobhatesthat wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:38 pm I don’t understand why Katie doesn’t get a job using her degree. they live close enough to a children’s hospital that she could probably find one or join a local practice. It would at least be steady freakin income to help with debt.

I don't think she would be able to get a job using her degree. If she has never had a job in her field and it is quite a long time since she graduated, the employers might think (rightfully so) that she is not capable. Many mothers that have been working before becoming house wives have hard time getting back to their careers after years being home, even when they do have the work experience.
Plus, all it would take would be a quick look at her social media to see how little she's retained of basic child psychology. The posts praising Gaines and putting Brooks down, the inability to get Gaines especially to eat a balanced meal, the instastories of Gaines being bossy with no repercussions, plus herself drunk, would not only show any prospective employer that she doesn't get child psychology, but turn them off as well. It's a big reason I keep my accounts private. I don't post stories of myself wasted anyway, but I can share my opinions without worrying about what an employer would think.

irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

I kinda get what Katie said of why they did the move themselves. She said in a vlog something that sounded like they were nearly doing it as punishment to themselves for buying so much crap and so it would be a lesson.

I'm not buying it that there was zero help from family. We see from Instagram that there is still some relationship there so I do think her family just do not want to be featured on vlogs or anything anymore. It does make me wonder if there was some security related issue and that's why kelley quit vlogging also.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They would learn a lesson? The buying of new crap for the house is pretty much proof that didn't work!

Return to “Cullen and Katie”