Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by 131618 »

Haulnarse wrote:Where did these barstools go??

They were scuffed from the kids so they threw them out - they also just weren't their style anymore

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ICantEven »

And don't forget there were only 3 barstools and they need 4! It's elementary school math people. You have 3 barstools and there are 4 people, what should you do? Obviously throw away the 3 you have and buy 4 new ones!
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Those 3 bar stools from the old house are so plain and generic they would go with pretty much any "style".

Katie is insane and beyond entitled and spoiled. They will end up spending top dollar on 4 new stools and justify because they were "high quality".

We have had the same bar stools for our island for 8 years. Would it be nice to pick out some fresh ones? Yep, but the ones we have serve the purpose for now.

It's really sad that all of these "influencers" have so many followers that look up to them. They are all so controlled by consumerism and the constant need to buy junk.

Its really like C&K are trying to rebrand themselves away from the debt content and just go back to the normal vlogs. They think selling the behemoth solved all of their financial problems.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Donee know how much they are paying for rent and deposit. I just wonder the difference is between their mortgage payments and rent. Also the second loan they took out to pay for the house is that paid off with the sale or is that still part of their debt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

Ducklings4 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:56 am Donee know how much they are paying for rent and deposit. I just wonder the difference is between their mortgage payments and rent. Also the second loan they took out to pay for the house is that paid off with the sale or is that still part of their debt.

Looking briefly at rentals in the area they moved, they are likely paying around $2000/mo for rent compared to their 3400 mortgage payment. They could be paying closer to half of their mortgage payment, as I found a 4 bed 2 bath, 1800 Sq ft, brand new home in a community with a pool for $1700/mo. The difference is definitely a chunk of change and it's no wonder they've gotten back to eating out and buying lots of stuff. Not to mention they made over a thousand dollars selling furniture before they left. They are feeling that cash flow again, even if their reality is tens of thousands of dollars of debt.

I too wonder how everything shook out with the additional loan for the house, with all the (assumed) unpaid mortgage payments over the last several months, etc. The 60k loss on the sale of the house isn't insignificant. And I also wonder how their "business" is actually making the 8k/mo that they pay themselves since they aren't producing content and haven't had many sponsorships lately...
mblant099
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by mblant099 »

Per Katie’s Instagram, they ate out at Mexican last night and are eating out for dinner again tonight. I get it, cooking is the last thing you want to do while moving, but being tens of thousands of dollars in debt isn’t ideal either🙄
penny17
Talker
Talker

Unread post by penny17 »

Not gonna lie I am pretty annoyed they havent done the house tour of the new house. Losers. Also again I apologize for mis sharing the wrong listing. I am just dumb haha these losers went on to give us another house tour of the failed house... also thank you for the information and yes i saw after i posted that and found the right one that their listing was removed so that is a bit odd.

NormalName
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by NormalName »

mblant099 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:43 pm Per Katie’s Instagram, they ate out at Mexican last night and are eating out for dinner again tonight. I get it, cooking is the last thing you want to do while moving, but being tens of thousands of dollars in debt isn’t ideal either🙄
Let’s not forget we’re in the middle of a pandemic. So they’re wasting money AND endangering their children. Two birds with one stone!
justmeelinex
Talker
Talker

Unread post by justmeelinex »

Oh my fucking god. They bought an outdoor grill. “Because it was such a good price”. Those people are seriously the stupidest people I’ve ever seen online. What the hell. Yeah let’s buy everything while you’re in debts.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

justmeelinex wrote:Oh my fucking god. They bought an outdoor grill. “Because it was such a good price”. Those people are seriously the stupidest people I’ve ever seen online. What the hell. Yeah let’s buy everything while you’re in debts.
The craziest part is they have a debt video outlining all the money they spent when they first moved into the old house. They even mentioned how stupid they were to just keep spending instead of making better choices.

Yet here they are doing the exact same thing Image. Just because something is a "good deal" or on clearance doesn't mean you need it. They have no idea how to discern a want from a need.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

What happened to his old grill?

Katie’s meal yesterday was $17!! I’m sure cullens was that or more. Plus two kids meals, drinks and a tip. These people are so stupid.

SomeoneActually
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SomeoneActually »

Romeoxsavexme wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:29 am What happened to his old grill?

Katie’s meal yesterday was $17!! I’m sure cullens was that or more. Plus two kids meals, drinks and a tip. These people are so stupid.

The old grill was too big for there current porch, in a rental house. I have no words for the stupidity of these people. And this is what they are showing us, what are they NOT showing us.
Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

SomeoneActually wrote:
Romeoxsavexme wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:29 am What happened to his old grill?

The old grill was too big for there current porch, in a rental house. I have no words for the stupidity of these people. And this is what they are showing us, what are they NOT showing us.
You are kidding me??? The only way it could be too big was if it was a built in or something. They probably didn’t want to clean it so they just tossed it.

wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

I know I'm redundant, but what. the. actual. eff?! They just bought a NEW grill? Pretty sure their old grill was almost similar in size. Don't even get me started on the bar stools. -facepalm- They're seriously trolling because no way they are as STUPID as they appear to be. Why would they even show us their idiotic purchases knowing full well their viewers are giving them serious side-eye right now.

Crash and burn C&K, crash and burrrrnnn. /endhaterant
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
DarthMama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DarthMama »

These two are complete idiots!!! My SO bought a monstrosity of a grill at our last rental, it's huge but does get used, but fit nicely at our last place. We downsized to save to buy property. It's got a teeny pouch but we still have the monstrosity on there. Why? Because it we would loose money selling it then have to pay more money to buy a new smaller one. Maybe they should have sold the oversized porch furniture and kept the grill. But who are we kidding, they should have sold the old grill and not bought a new one since they only eat out.
penny17
Talker
Talker

Unread post by penny17 »

They think that because they "downsized" and say they sold their old grill and then this new grill was less money that they are doing good. But they are absolutely not doing Daves plan how it is supposed to be done. Dave says GRIND and eat beans and rice and sell everything but the kids. He doesnt add in there and replace it with a cheaper version dumb asses. Holy moly.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

They claimed in January 2020 in the video "TOTAL DEBT Amount We Owe (and More) - Our Debt Disaster" that they originally took out a loan for $595,000 to buy the house and they still owed $550,000 as of January 2020. They haven't made payments since who knows how long? So that number has likely not gone down, especially considering the high interest second loan. The house sold for $579,900. Assume a 5-6% realtor commission, which Katie and Cullen as the sellers are responsible for. They made nothing from the sale. All that money down the drain, and they're still eating out and impulse buying $158 things willynilly.
WatchinTheWreck
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WatchinTheWreck »

Ducklings4 wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:56 am Donee know how much they are paying for rent and deposit. I just wonder the difference is between their mortgage payments and rent. Also the second loan they took out to pay for the house is that paid off with the sale or is that still part of their debt.

Since it was a home equity loan and tied to the house, it would have to be paid off, or refinanced into a personal loan, which I am not even sure is a possibility, and if it were, their credit is probably shot.
WatchinTheWreck
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WatchinTheWreck »

I get what people are saying about the bar stools, I mean bringing what they had would have been smarter, but with regards to the selling of the bedroom furniture and dining room table...they wouldn't have fit into the new house so they did need to sell them and if they are buying items that are cheaper them what they sold the others for, they are still making money and I suspect they are buying cheaper items. The TV stand Cullen was putting together was by Better Homes & Gardens, that is a Walmart brand. So they likely aren't spending a lot on the furniture.

I do agree that the eating out two nights in a row is excessive given their situation. Their situation hasn't really changed with getting rid of the large house. Yes they are likely saving about $1400 a month in the mortgage costs, BUT when you didn't have enough funds to pay the mortgage to begin with, even with downsizing you need to be pinching your pennies majorly to pay off the rest of that debt. No eating out, no getting rid of and replacing items that aren't a true need, like the grill. Not sorry, but it was ridiculous to get rid of the bigger one and buy a new one. It doesn't have to sit on the patio, create a different area in the backyard for it to sit. Use cement blocks or pavers to create a place for it to go. Cheaper then selling and buying a new grill. Same with the barstools. Barstools are not cheap, and they have 3 perfectly fine ones. Seriously, continue to use those regardless of whether they are your style or not. The believe that your house needs to be picture perfect and everything match is what got them in this situation. Many people have mismatched furniture and make due with what they have until they can afford better.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

When you’re over $80,000 in debt you make what you have work. You don’t sell for a fraction of what they’re worth to buy brand new at full price

Return to “Cullen and Katie”