Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Ducklings4 wrote:When you’re over $80,000 in debt you make what you have work. You don’t sell for a fraction of what they’re worth to buy brand new at full price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guaranteed most of the new furniture they are buying is on payments or zero interest credit cards. They haven’t learned a thing.

And of course they should sell what won’t fit in the new house. They could buy used though. They are in no position to act like they are too good for anything that might actually fall within a sensible budget.

Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote:When you’re over $80,000 in debt you make what you have work. You don’t sell for a fraction of what they’re worth to buy brand new at full price

Guaranteed most of the new furniture they are buying is on payments or zero interest credit cards. They haven’t learned a thing.

And of course they should sell what won’t fit in the new house. They could buy used though. They are in no position to act like they are too good for anything that might actually fall within a sensible budget.

There is no way they could get approved for a zero interest credit card.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Romeoxsavexme wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

There is no way they could get approved for a zero interest credit card.

100% they could. Furniture stores prey on morons like them. No money down for the first 6 months and all that.... with an interest rate that shoots up after that and is retroactive if you forget to make a payment in that 6 months.

Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

HelloSweetie wrote:

But they wouldn’t even have to buy used. They mentioned in one of the moving vlogs that they put their guest room furniture in storage for when they someday need it again. Why not sleep on it and save the money of both the storage unit and buying new furniture!? (I recognize they probably have that storage unit filled with a bunch of other clutter too.)

Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Haulnarse »

I dont see the point in holding onto furniture for a maybe down the track. Especially if they are paying for a storage unit and arent just filling an existing garage.

They wont be able to upsize their house/rental anytime soon. Financially it would make way more sense to sell everything they don’t need in the immediate future and save that money. If the furniture doesnt hold any significance- its not old passed down furniture or anything.

And then at the same time you dont go and buy new stuff because your old stuff doesnt fit... you make do with what you have. Especially when you cant afford it.

Eating out all the time go to the supermarket and get a rotisserie chicken, some buns and some coleslaw/salad. Under $15 and feeds a family. Hell - splash out and buy a frozen $5 cheesecake and call it good!

They seem to have a bit of cash up their sleeve now with cheaper rent and think they are flush with cash. But you better believe the bank now has nothing more to take off them (house is sold), car can be repossessed i guess? Take them to a debt collectors. The credit card companies wont take late payments long term. Paying the minimum is just dodging it.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

The TV console was actually $300 if I remember correctly. Cullen linked it in a story so I don't think they are buying cheap furniture as replacements.

Obviously they feel like the house has to be decorated and somewhat put together for their yt viewers.

I also think Katie just wants to pretend they have it all together and leave all their debt with the old house. It will take years to pay off their debt if they ever actually do. They really should sell all of the extra furniture that isn't sentimental because I don't see them being able to buy a home anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I agree, it's mind-boggling to see two people in so much consumer debt continue to spend. Katie's mother said she would gladly take any sentimental family pieces to store for them temporarily if they really believe they're going to have a larger home one day (which I seriously doubt). has Katie burned that bridge with her parents so severely that she can't swallow her pride and ask them to hold on to some furniture for them?

Katie is just extremely prideful and obsessed with appearances. They have this cute new rental in a new place that for them temporarily obscures the huge financial mess that they're in, so of course they need to eat at all the new restaurants overlooking the water and replace all their furniture. They've convinced themselves that they have a fresh start here and are living a different life, but their financial mistakes will follow them and it sounds like they're self-destructive enough to double down on the same financial mistakes.
Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Omg I though this was a pregnancy announcement.

Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

They are deleting comments over there big time.

Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Romeoxsavexme wrote:They are deleting comments over there big time.

Yet a bunch of the comments they keep are creepy fan account ones Image
Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Also if it takes you two weeks to move you have too much stuff.

We sold. Packed our shit. Spent a day moving it from our old house to our new house, emptied our storage unit as well to our new house. Cleaned our old house. Cleaned at our new house. Set up a houselot of furniture (including making up beds). The new owners of our house moved in the same afternoon we moved out. thats the way its done here.

And that was just hubby and I with two vehicles and one tandem trailer.

And we had A LOT of shit to move, 12 years worth of stuff, 3 kids. Pets. The works.

I dont see the need to stay in hotels, thats so odd to me.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Cullen was putting together another piece of new furniture according to his Instagram.

What is wrong with all of the crap they hauled with them? Make do with what you have.

They have clearly given up on getting out of debt by saving and cutting back and are probably waiting for some bigger brand deals to help pay it off.

Soon they will lose their boost they got from the debt series and go back to barely 10k views a video. YouTube is clearly not sustainable for them because they lack the discipline to be consistent and create quality content.

Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

Boymomma123 wrote:Cullen was putting together another piece of new furniture according to his Instagram.

What is wrong with all of the crap they hauled with them? Make do with what you have.

They have clearly given up on getting out of debt by saving and cutting back and are probably waiting for some bigger brand deals to help pay it off.

Soon they will lose their boost they got from the debt series and go back to barely 10k views a video. YouTube is clearly not sustainable for them because they lack the discipline to be consistent and create quality content.

For real. I enjoyed their debt stuff because it was interesting. I cannot watch their vlogs... I just can't stand any of them lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

I made an instagram account today and saw a video by Cullen of him and Brooks picking up Gaines from the school bus. Brooks ran to her.....and Gaines (ab)used Brooks as her servant. The kids were alone, it was filmed from a distance, so Gaines' pure relation to Brooks became apparent. First she gave Brooks her big heavy bag to carry for her. As if that wasn't unfair enough (in case she would have split the bags between them, she should have given him the smallest bag), she then followed by giving him her smaller bag and then even her personal handbag, literally everything for him to carry for her. Not to mention her posture and that it was her initiative. Kids should not have initiatives like these and have no right to tell their siblings what to do! But Cullen was all how touching it was and that it was compassion, love and helping each other out, concluded by some quasi inspirational BS that we need more of that in these times.

What a bad brain and heart they are developing in that kid! Because of course she did not get corrected and she never will! I can't believe there are people (Cullen) who don't see how wrong Gaines' behavior was! She is a little monster, that was extremely narcissistic of her to abuse his enthusiasm/love and letting him pay for it.

And of course Katie was full of her BS with gratitudenotperfection again...
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I hate that #gratitudenotperfection BS Katie spews. Mostly because she knows f*ck all about true gratitude. If she did she wouldn't have such a hard time differentiating between a want and a need. She wouldn't have left perfectly good barstools and justified buying new ones. She would be ok with used furniture-- it's apparently ok for people to buy _her_ used stuff, but they need all NEW things.
I could go on and on, but I have to get up early tomorrow to do my JOB, that I am so very grateful for, because I know lots of people are really struggling right now. I worked today, and had a nice meal, and I know not everyone is that lucky. My coffee table and TV stand I got off of Freecycle when I didn't have as good a job as I do. My dining room table was a hand me down from a friend, and until last year, my couch was a second hand Craigslist buy.
She really needs to grow TF up.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

The gratitude over perfection bull crap is just her way of dealing with the fact that Brooks isn't a perfect little robot when it comes to pictures. She mentioned in a podcast before how he is so difficult and won't stand still for pictures like Gaines.

Plus she started the hashtag to proof she didn't need expensive clothes for her kids. Because that was allegedly expected in her family. So it was her mom's fault that she racked up debt buying all the monogrammed crap for Gaines.

She has no concept of gratitude and still finds her self worth in material possessions.

She linked the TV console again and it was $309. I get that they sold quite a bit and obviously planned on getting stuff that worked in the smaller home. But you cannot tell me that out of all of their crap they didn't have something that the TV could sit on for the time being.

Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

Boymomma123 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:18 am The gratitude over perfection bull crap is just her way of dealing with the fact that Brooks isn't a perfect little robot when it comes to pictures. She mentioned in a podcast before how he is so difficult and won't stand still for pictures like Gaines.

Plus she started the hashtag to proof she didn't need expensive clothes for her kids. Because that was allegedly expected in her family. So it was her mom's fault that she racked up debt buying all the monogrammed crap for Gaines.

She has no concept of gratitude and still finds her self worth in material possessions.

She linked the TV console again and it was $309. I get that they sold quite a bit and obviously planned on getting stuff that worked in the smaller home. But you cannot tell me that out of all of their crap they didn't have something that the TV could sit on for the time being.

I just want to barf everytime I see that. Katie has never responsibility for why they are in debt to begin with. Blaming her family for thr clothes like yeah im pretty sure they can tell what's consignment and what's retail? Give me a break, she blames everyone around her for why she is in debt instead of taking any of the blame. She's almost 40 and she still has a mentality of a 20 year old. 300 is a lot of money to waste on a TV console when she could have found one on marketplace for cheaper. Also Christmas is around the corner and they are going to go full out like always.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Were the personalized Thanksgiving shirts really a necessity?

Ok then Katie

NormalName
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by NormalName »

HelloSweetie wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:46 pm Were the personalized Thanksgiving shirts really a necessity?

Ok then Katie Image

Imagine being tens of thousands of dollars in debt and buying clothes for a holiday that literally all about being thankful for what you ALREADY HAVE
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And using the hashtag "gratitude not perfection".

Return to “Cullen and Katie”