Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

They are getting new furniture because they want to change their decorating style. They are dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

I think the new house is great and works perfectly for a family of four. Katie may be salty about it being smaller, but how much room do they need? The kids each have their own bedrooms, the kitchen is a decent size, the en-suite bathroom is big, the yard is decent. Many people would be envious of that house.
Issy1129
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Issy1129 »

Is their plan to continue not working and instead being Youtube creators? Have they commented on how they think that is sustainable? I don’t watch them much at
anymore to know. No vlog in 10 days really does show how clueless they are. If they were serious about getting out of debt, they would be making content while driving to the new place and doing an empty house tour, as someone else mentioned.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

fossilfinger wrote:I think the new house is great and works perfectly for a family of four. Katie may be salty about it being smaller, but how much room do they need? The kids each have their own bedrooms, the kitchen is a decent size, the en-suite bathroom is big, the yard is decent. Many people would be envious of that house.
I think the new house is 100% the perfect size for their small family.

My home is a similar size and my family of 4 fits comfortably with no plans to move anytime soon.

What bothered me most was how little they actually planned for the move. Its like they waited to look until the last minute for a rental and just got stuck with something. They needed to sell a ton more so they could properly budget for smaller furniture.

It also bothers me how eager Katie is to buy a of this new stuff. Cullen showed Gaines a new rug for her room in the vlog. You are in debt and the last thing you should think about buying it an area rug for a small child. Get one a Walmart for $30 if you have to have one.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I don't think it was just that they waited until the last minute. I think it was also that they have bad credit, probably not much savings for a first and last month's rent deposit, and they had no idea how hard it is to find a rental with 2 dogs and 2 cats. They were provided an apartment by Katie's parents, and never had to try to find a rental on their own, much less find one that accepts that many pets.
Didn’t a viewer let them have this place? I can't imagine letting them rent a place I owned, between their instastories of themselves wasted, and showing their lack of upkeep, and the discussions of the cat piss everywhere. My place kinda looks like an episode of Hoarders right now, so maybe I shouldn't judge. But I am working on it, and there's actually a reason: I was sicker than shit for 2 months and just not feeling 100% for a few years before that (not feeling 100% actually feels pretty good after the way I _was_ feeling, lol) They're both relatively healthy and neither of them work outside the home (as has been exhaustively commented on here) And my dog didn't pee/poop inside.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

She is such a bitch. Her comment about the kids having to share a bathroom was so snarky. So fucking spoiled.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

The house is small, way smaller than I thought it would be. 1,835 square feet. Seems like a nice neighborhood though.

I think this floor plan is similar.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:She is such a bitch. Her comment about the kids having to share a bathroom was so snarky. So fucking spoiled.
I don’t know who she is snarking at, she is the one who put herself in this situation. I had kids share bathrooms, at times shared bedrooms. I don’t know when it became a thing that kids get their own everything. Maybe Katie should hop down off that throne she put herself on and join the rest of us in reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

Its a cute house, but it is smaller for them. They are already complaining that its not enough space because people don't normally have that much crap like they have, like you guys waited till the last second to get rid of your stuff don't complain. Also instead of looking at stuff you cant afford just put your house together, it's gonna take till next year for them to actually have it together.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

OMG, the kids have to share a bathroom? Oh the humanity!
She is so tone deaf. So many people are struggling right now. And they not only refuse to get jobs, she has the temerity to complain about the kids sharing a bathroom? Most kids share bathrooms. My ex has a blended family with 6 kids, and they had to share 2 bathrooms.
She needs to get over herself.

DarthMama
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DarthMama »

Am I the only one not buying for one minute that Brookes choose the smallest bedroom for himself? We all know princess Gains got the largest of the 3 bedrooms, then the playroom/office needed to be bigger to hold all the shit. SO that leaves Brooks with the smallest left overs once again.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

nutbagmcgee wrote:The house is small, way smaller than I thought it would be. 1,835 square feet. Seems like a nice neighborhood though.

I think this floor plan is similar.
I would hate my kids rooms being that close to the main entrance. I guess it's not that big of a deal but it would freak me out. I like that all the rooms in my home are kind of isolated.

The house seems super small based of what they have shown because of all the crap they have crammed in. If I were them I would have sold the big leather sectional. It is way too large and bulky for that space. The big giant fishtank won't help it feel bigger either.

What happened to the round kitchen table they had in the first house? That would have worked fine in this one. They probably left it on the curb since its not their "style" anymore.

I am assuming they are storing the kids queen beds and buying them twin frames for this house. The mattresses they had on the floor seemed like twins but I could be wrong. Getting a storage unit seems counterproductive to getting out of debt. I would have just sold it all. You would think they could have stored some things with family.

Katie was all too excited to talk about all the new things they need. She was all giddy walking around those furniture shops.

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I thought the same thing about the kids being close to the entrance and them being so far away. I hate how they act (mainly Katie) acts like they are soo special and different, one video she talked about how they have to pay a lot for preschool because "we don't have free preschool here". I honestly don't know a state that has free preschool so I don't know what she means also the whole "they said the storage was great but we are just used to more" comment wasn't needed, you aren't special and you better get used to living within your means, grow up!
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

thenightowl wrote:I thought the same thing about the kids being close to the entrance and them being so far away. I hate how they act (mainly Katie) acts like they are soo special and different, one video she talked about how they have to pay a lot for preschool because "we don't have free preschool here". I honestly don't know a state that has free preschool so I don't know what she means also the whole "they said the storage was great but we are just used to more" comment wasn't needed, you aren't special and you better get used to living within your means, grow up!
Yes all the comments she made about the lack of storage and having to "minimize" more really bothered me. They knew they wanted to downsize significantly. I don't understand why they weren't decluttering all of their junk months ago.

The house has plenty of storage and I actually thought the closets seemed pretty spacious. Did she really expect a smaller home to have giant walk in closets?

I could tell Cullen seemed stressed out about the lack of storage and space. Then again he has seemed to be the realist in the relationship. I think he knows once the newness wears off Katie will be constantly complaining about their lack of space. All she did in the old house after Brooks was born was moan and groan about how small it was. That was a 2500 sq ft home with a basement. Now they are in barely 1800 sq ft with no basement.

klb41611
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by klb41611 »

how many times did they mention the phrase "granite countertops" in that video? LOLOL. They are so desperate to convince themselves they are doing amazing right now with this "new" house, their insecurities are screaming through in this video. Also, while granite is obviously higher end and nice, it's actually become pretty standard in homes. The fact they LOST money on a house that they paid over $640k for...and it DIDN'T even have granite countertops - just shows you how much they overpaid for that stupid McMansion in the first place.

Also, Cullen shitting on the vinyl floors the minute he opened the doors. Wow. I think the floors are great! And again, very standard and to me look amazing. Who the F is this guy to shit on any floor type? YOU HAVE NO MONEY. omg.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boymomma123 wrote:
thenightowl wrote:I thought the same thing about the kids being close to the entrance and them being so far away. I hate how they act (mainly Katie) acts like they are soo special and different, one video she talked about how they have to pay a lot for preschool because "we don't have free preschool here". I honestly don't know a state that has free preschool so I don't know what she means also the whole "they said the storage was great but we are just used to more" comment wasn't needed, you aren't special and you better get used to living within your means, grow up!
Yes all the comments she made about the lack of storage and having to "minimize" more really bothered me. They knew they wanted to downsize significantly. I don't understand why they weren't decluttering all of their junk months ago.

The house has plenty of storage and I actually thought the closets seemed pretty spacious. Did she really expect a smaller home to have giant walk in closets?

I could tell Cullen seemed stressed out about the lack of storage and space. Then again he has seemed to be the realist in the relationship. I think he knows once the newness wears off Katie will be constantly complaining about their lack of space. All she did in the old house after Brooks was born was moan and groan about how small it was. That was a 2500 sq ft home with a basement. Now they are in barely 1800 sq ft with no basement.

And wasn't that the point of all the Marie Kondo stuff she was doing? To actually get rid of some of that clutter; or to get views and make people think she was serious about change?

NormalName
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by NormalName »

lmmomSD wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:26 pm OMG, the kids have to share a bathroom? Oh the humanity!
She is so tone deaf. So many people are struggling right now. And they not only refuse to get jobs, she has the temerity to complain about the kids sharing a bathroom? Most kids share bathrooms. My ex has a blended family with 6 kids, and they had to share 2 bathrooms.
She needs to get over herself.

My family is pretty poor. I grew up in a house with 4 brothers and both my parents. So 7 people. Only 2 bathrooms. My brothers have been 2 to a room forever, in a house only maybe 200 sq ft bigger than that house.

She really needs to accept the fact that they are NOT upper middle class anymore. I would venture to say they are closer to say that they are lower middle class at best. Princess Katie has to realize that even with their “tiny” house, they are still extremely privileged to even find a house to rent, let alone one with 4 bedrooms
Haulnarse
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Haulnarse »

Ensuites are a fairly new thing here. Any regular three bedroomed house would only have one family bathroom. Usually (not always) the toilet is seperate and sometimes in the laundry area.

My husband is one of five kids and they grew up in a four bedroomed house with one bathroom.

Our house was originally 5 bedrooms and one bathroom. We split one bedroom out to an ensuite and walk in robe.

Two kids sharing a bathroom boohoo Katie!

As for this house, they didnt get much say in it. A viewer offered it to them, probably for low rent and id expect no first and last month. That was the bonus for them. Probably costing them peanuts down compared to what it would have have cost them had they gone out and picked a house AND had to pay all the associated costs.

She is kicking someone’s generosity. What a Bitch.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

That house was really nice. I would be so happy to have what they ended up with!

Someone offered that to them and they have the NERVE to give backhanded complements/snark. The vinyl floors, ''small'' closets, etc.
If it wasn't that renter's kindness, they would have ended up in WAY MORE nasty place, so nasty that they would be embarrassed to continue vlogging. They have this ''we are better than this'' attitude that is shining through everything they say.

Welcome to reality. You are NOT better than that apartment. That apartments seems to be way nicer than you actually deserve.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

We put hardwood floors throughout our house when we first bought it and I would much prefer vinyl planks. There is some amazing vinyl "hardwoods" out there and they are so much more durable. It's good to see that almost foreclosing on the mcmansion and potentially not having a rental didn't knock them off of their high horses. That home would be a dream come true for so many families. Miss gratitude over perfection should learn what it truly means to be grateful!

Return to “Cullen and Katie”