Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by lmmomSD »

klb41611 wrote:but, what kills me - is acting as if this is SUCH a downgrade for them. No. NO. They NEVER actually fully owned a sprawling mansion, or achieved the status they are trying to convince the world of. They legit never had the money. They TRIED. But they failed. Miserably! That house immediately sucked them dry the minute they signed the paperwork. They couldn't even qualify for proper financing, which led them to get a sketchy loan because...THEY.DID.NOT.HAVE.THE.MONEY.

it's entirely delusional for this woman to walk around this house, acting like she was ripped from royalty, having to now associate with the normal, peasant folk. I can only imagine how they are spinning this to all of the new neighbors. I can guarantee you they are already being shit talked because they are coming across as condescending a-holes. lol.
And the reason they owned the house before the behemoth was because her parents helped them out. When they were "renting" from her parents, they banked the rent money and gave it to Cullen and Katie to use as a down payment. So they never had to take responsibility for saving up for a down payment on their own. Someone said they thought C&K would be trying to buy soon. But you generally need a down payment to buy. If these two have money, they spend it. They don't know how to set a goal and save for it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

darlingyep6
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by darlingyep6 »

Watching the house tour, I couldn’t get over the “it’s a smaller than a normal-sized closet/bathroom/bedroom” etc exclamations Katie in particular kept making. Just goes to show the privilege she grew up with, and the one she can’t seem to escape. They had every opportunity to provide their children with the same privileged life, heck even better, yet chose a failed microinfluencer life instead.
The majority of working-class Americans, the economic class they now belong to because of their stupid spending habits, would find that home to be of a perfectly normal size. And it’s absolutely the perfect size for their small family, it only looks “small” because of all of the bulky furniture they have, my apartment is only 380sq ft smaller than their house and I have so much empty space I don’t even know what to put to fill it.
NormalName
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by NormalName »

lmmomSD wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:41 pm
klb41611 wrote:but, what kills me - is acting as if this is SUCH a downgrade for them. No. NO. They NEVER actually fully owned a sprawling mansion, or achieved the status they are trying to convince the world of. They legit never had the money. They TRIED. But they failed. Miserably! That house immediately sucked them dry the minute they signed the paperwork. They couldn't even qualify for proper financing, which led them to get a sketchy loan because...THEY.DID.NOT.HAVE.THE.MONEY.

it's entirely delusional for this woman to walk around this house, acting like she was ripped from royalty, having to now associate with the normal, peasant folk. I can only imagine how they are spinning this to all of the new neighbors. I can guarantee you they are already being shit talked because they are coming across as condescending a-holes. lol.
And the reason they owned the house before the behemoth was because her parents helped them out. When they were "renting" from her parents, they banked the rent money and gave it to Cullen and Katie to use as a down payment. So they never had to take responsibility for saving up for a down payment on their own. Someone said they thought C&K would be trying to buy soon. But you generally need a down payment to buy. If these two have money, they spend it. They don't know how to set a goal and save for it.

These people had literally every advantage. Cars paid off by parents. College paid for by parents. Apartments owned by parents. A down payment for a house from parents. Then when they had to manage money alone, they took literally every single wrong turn you can make.

I hope they realize that all the bitching and moaning they’re doing is 100% their fault from years of bad decisions.

That and just knowing they’ll have to be in that rental for a LONG time. Even if they end up paying off their huge debt, they’d then have to save for a down payment on another house that definitely won’t be big. Paying off the debt could take years, and saving a down payment will probably be even longer.

You two can think this place is temporary, but I guarantee it won’t be
S_tine05
Informer
Informer

Unread post by S_tine05 »

The entitlement is insane, we are a family of 5 in a 3 bedroom home, my younger kids share a bedroom and will probably have to do so until we can afford a bigger home if we can, and we all share a bathroom with a small guest loo downstairs. It doesn't kill us or our children and is not unusual at all where I live, I don't know many people with a separate adult bathroom or more than 1 cupboard per family member (usually in the master there is one hanging space cupboard and one shelving space cupboard so couples share both) and most people I know cannot afford to have all of their children in their own bedrooms it doesn't kill them or cause any harm.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

Katie has lived a life of privilege and this next few months will be her first experience of actually living this smaller, simpler life shes trying to convince herself she wants. I'm 12 months time will she put up and shut up ? Or will she bail and go back to Birmingham and her family in search of a rich husband ? I think number 2.

Also I'm a little suspicious Cullen has taken up a job of some sort. They are uploading so little but also a lot less active on social media. Perhaps they did have to take a loan to get out from under that house so extra cash needed immediately.
BishandDish
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BishandDish »

To be honest, I would be ecstatic to love in their new house. I've never lived in a house where every child had their own bedroom let alone bathroom. She has unrealistic expectations. I feel like all this debt recovery is a front. Shes not doing it to truly improve herself, she's doing it because she has no choice.

The no job thing truly bugs me. Actually working is beneath them. They are lazy. Both their kids have been at daycare (stop fucking calling it preschool) for forever. Yet they rarely upload, and don't have real jobs. Why?!
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

I just don't get how you can be so out of touch with reality. It is a very nice home and I agree all the oversized bulky furniture makes it seem so much smaller. They also have too much furniture in the space. I am sure the giant fishtank is taking up a ton of space as well.

I get it the house is a matchbox compared to the mansion Katie grew up in. However I would wager that the majority of their subscribers live in homes less than 2000 sq ft. It is very off-putting to poke fun at a perfectly adequate and by some standards extremely desirable home.

I just think it's funny she is claiming they wanted to downsize and are happy about it. I went back and watched some vlogs where she complained about the small size of the first house and it was double the size of this rental. They are hoarders and ways over buy for birthdays and christmas. That house will always feel cramped if they don't really change their mindset. But Katie will actually have to take accountability for her shopping addiction instead of blaming others.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

bootsncats
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bootsncats »

Just caught up on videos and comments. I think the new house is beautiful and a great size for their little family!
I could not get over her comment about the children having to share a bathroom!! So freaking ridiculous! They are small kids! Why would they each need their own bathroom??
Also... that Bunch Bike they are hawking now? (Ellie and Jared too) It costs 3,000 dollars!!! I looked it up.... three THOUSAND dollars!!!! Nothing like telling your viewers you are on a debt journey and downsizing yet hawking an insanely expensive and ridiculous bike!!!
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

lmmomSD wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:21 pm She's just pissy because her niece has a bathroom to herself that was renovated right before Kelley stopped vlogging. She thinks she deserves a big house and comfortable life like Kelley has, but is unwilling to put the work in for it. They could easily put out more videos and do more Instagram ads, as well as putting the Suburban to good use doing Uber and Lyft.
But she would rather bitch about things than take action to change them.

Suits her well, she deserves to be jealous haha!
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Katie hates that house. My guess is that they’ll magically find a giftcard with down payment for a house twice the size back in Birmingham. They’ll be moving again within a year. It’s a nice house. I don’t love the layout, but I think it’s great for a rental. Seems like it would be easy to maintain. It’s so weird that she would remark about the kids sharing a bathroom. Most kids at that age have no privacy in the bathroom anyway. Katie is just a freaking brat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I still find it ridiculous that they passed on movers that were willing to move them in exchange for sponsored content. I thought that was because they didn't want to put in the effort, but after watching that empty house tour it's obvious they put zero effort into their content, even sponsored content. Cell phone footage shot for Cullen's mom, plus a voiceover and a plug for a sponsor that has nothing to do with a house tour. Why would a bank trying to reach small business owners approve that ad? Now I realize they probably just couldn't be bothered to get organized for professional movers. They wouldn't be allowed to pack and move over the course of three long weeks, they'd have to have everything ready to go on moving day. There would be none of this, "Oh look, a box of crap from under the sink leftover from a bathroom reno in 2029. Well, better sort through it."
WatchinTheWreck
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WatchinTheWreck »

Littlemama wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:01 pm Boy they really shit on that house in that video. You can tell how unhappy they are with it. Cullen talking about the floors and Katie griping about the closets being small. It looked like a nice 4 bedroom home to me. They also complained about they had to share a closet. Ok, who doesn't share a closet with their husband. They need to be brought back down to reality. Katie griping about the kid's sharing a bathroom really got me. I have 3 kids and they all share a bathroom. I didn't know every person in ur home got their own bathroom. That's something new to me. They have really dug themselves a hole. I don't believe they will stay in this house long. They will complain and complain about it being too small and then back to Birmingham they will go.
The house looks beautiful! They are really lucky to have found a brand new build as a rental. My family of three shares a 2 bedroom one bathroom house that is under 1000sq ft. and we consider ourselves incredibly blessed. We don't need more. I hope they can get to a point where they feel that way too. It is incredibly freeing. We used to feel like we needed to always be striving to upgrade, but as we got older we realized we didn't need to upgrade because our home was just perfect for us, AND we aren't house poor. I would rather be able to travel then have a big ass house.
WatchinTheWreck
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WatchinTheWreck »

lmmomSD wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:41 pm

They didn't own the previous house either. They had a mortgage on it and when they sold they had I think a profit of $60K which they put into the monster house and lost it all.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

They are so trashy. Katie thinks she is so high class but they are both such trash. Entitled and trashy.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

HashtagBlessed wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:42 pm I still find it ridiculous that they passed on movers that were willing to move them in exchange for sponsored content. I thought that was because they didn't want to put in the effort, but after watching that empty house tour it's obvious they put zero effort into their content, even sponsored content. Cell phone footage shot for Cullen's mom, plus a voiceover and a plug for a sponsor that has nothing to do with a house tour. Why would a bank trying to reach small business owners approve that ad? Now I realize they probably just couldn't be bothered to get organized for professional movers. They wouldn't be allowed to pack and move over the course of three long weeks, they'd have to have everything ready to go on moving day. There would be none of this, "Oh look, a box of crap from under the sink leftover from a bathroom reno in 2029. Well, better sort through it."
Haha, that should read 2019, not 2029.
GossipMomma
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GossipMomma »

Let me join the rest of you in saying how out of touch Katie truly is. My god is she insufferable!! My home is over 500 sq ft smaller than theirs.. all 5 of us share a single bathroom. For a couple of years my stepson & his 2 kids were staying in our guest room, making it 8 people sharing 1 bathroom.. 9 people on the weekends when his girlfriend would stay over.

Guess what?? No-one complained!!!

My kids are all teenagers, no-one complains their standard size closets are too small.. no-one fights over the bathroom. My husband & I make a lot more money now than we did 15 years ago when we bought the house, but we've chosen to stay here because it is home(!!), almost paid off & why would we buy a bigger house that would eat away money that could go to our children's college or our own retirement, just to look more well off? Because honestly, that's all a bigger house would accomplish at this point. Our family is comfortable here. We don't need to have a bigger house just to prove we have money. In fact, the people I know who actually have the most money, are driving 10 year old vehicles in living in modest homes. Most of the folks I know with McMansions & luxury SUVs have less money in the bank than the rest of us!

Katie needs to stop trying to live her life based on outward appearance & actually live her life doing what's best for the financial freedom & comfort of her family. Cullen, I think realizes this better than Katie.. but bends to her every whim. They will not learn anything from this & will be back in over their heads within 2 years.
3BoysandaLilMiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by 3BoysandaLilMiss »

They should of stayed in there old house sure it wasn't that practical with layout but as the kids got older the bedroom they had downstairs (where his dad stayed) could of been a playroom/tv room or even got a house similar to Cullen's sister instead of the McMansion like Kellie and Jay's

there prices seem so low over there
new small 4 bed 2 bath home to buy here you would be luckily to find 1 under $450,000
(and most are all cookie cutter homes with no backyard)

To rent the house that size here your looking at $450-1000 a week

image below is a pic of a floorplan of a new build that would cost you $500,000 on 400m² of land
similar size house and land already established (built 2015) is same area is around $650,000

I'm in Aust and most house's today only have 2 maybe 2.5 baths
you have an ensuite, family bath room and its double story you may have a powder room (toilet and sink) down stairs as well
it wasn't a thing as most old houses your lucky to have 1 bath even have a toilet outside if its old enough

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I feel like they are trying to start new with old habits. Already Katie's talks about checking out restaurants and buying furniture. Why do they need new furniture after downsizing to a smaller home. If anything, they would need to get rid of some furniture if they couldn't store it.
They actually have a bank sponsorship that is suprising based on how they run their small business. My impression of the risk the bank could be taking is they are working with a YouTube channel that has told the world they've had back taxes, didn't pay the mortgage for a long period of time and mismanaged their business accounts. The are down to just over 500K monthly views so I have no idea how they are doing it including paying rent.
Bottom line, they are back to square one renting and what a shame they didn't stay in their first home that was earning equity. The house was nice and had a big fenced backyard for the dogs.
klb41611
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by klb41611 »

do we think they even do YouTube anymore, though? They post 1 video a week, IF that. We are talking 2 adults, both home, full time - producing 1 video a week. That is NOT a content creator/influencer - that's simply someone with a hobby. I think Cullen got a job to make ends meet.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

I don’t think Katie’s parents did her any favors by helping her (and Cullen) through life with paid schooling (which she isn’t even using anymore, hello waste of money), cars, rent-free guest house, etc. Katie never learned to appreciate things herself that she had to work for. Sure, she clipped coupons for awhile and “budgeted” their money when in Tallahassee but when you’ve grown up with a certain lifestyle, you grow accustomed to it.

Reading everyone’s stories about growing up in a small house (1,200 sqft here with one bathroom in entire home with a sister, yeah), we don’t take things for granted. It’s a shame Katie can’t realize the sacrifices she has to make to get out of debt and thus why I hope everything crashes in order for her to open her frickin’ eyes.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡

Return to “Cullen and Katie”