Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by ICantEven »

HashtagBlessed wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:58 am It's so telling that they are only aware of Covid when it provides a convenient excuse for them to do what they were already planning on doing. Two people who take this pandemic seriously are not taking their kids to a cousin's indoor gymnastics meet where they run around with a bunch of kids without masks on. However, when it helps them explain why they aren't traveling to family for Thanksgiving, suddenly they are cognizant of the rising Covid cases and being safe. They don'

While I think they've definitely burned bridges, I also think they're just embarrassed and don't want to be around functioning adults who have their shit together because they don't measure up. Her father is a doctor, Jay is a lawyer and they have all seemingly managed their money wisely. Cullen's sister is very thrifty and her husband has a decent paying blue collar job. His mother was able to retire and seems to do well for herself. I think Katie in particular doesn't want to be around their family while they're coming to grips with losing their life savings and being forced to sell their house because she thrives on comparing herself to others and feeling superior.
All of this is spot on. I think Katie first said that they didn't want to drive back after all the times they made that trip recently. Then she added that the covid cases in Birmingham are rising. Which makes it even more obvious that that was an excuse.

It seems like they wanted to get away from all expectations so they could go wallow in their own sloth and have even less accountability to act or appear any certain way. Between Cullen's inability to speak coherently and the fact that everyone was bumming around in their PJs all day (nothing wrong with that per se, but Katie seems to put on makeup everyday even if just for social media, and she didn't on Thanksgiving) I get the feeling that they are not very in control of their life. It's hard to describe exactly what I mean but the whole thing made me anxious to watch.

They may be saying "life is so great" but it certainly doesn't seem that way.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

The ''thanksgiving'' they were having looked so sad. There was something weird in the air for sure.
Wouldn't you want to make the entire experience a little bit more special than just sit in pajamas and stuff yourself full? Like setting the table nicely, using the better plates, dressing up, having a toast? Try to organize so that ENTIRE family sits together.
At least they did little effort for the kids and pretend playing that they are in a restaurant.
Lolislol26
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Lolislol26 »

Kataja wrote:The ''thanksgiving'' they were having looked so sad. There was something weird in the air for sure.
Wouldn't you want to make the entire experience a little bit more special than just sit in pajamas and stuff yourself full? Like setting the table nicely, using the better plates, dressing up, having a toast? Try to organize so that ENTIRE family sits together.
At least they did little effort for the kids and pretend playing that they are in a restaurant.
Aside from them not sitting together to eat I thought their Thanksgiving looked nice. Growing up my family always dressed comfortable and just hung around spending time together, my Husbands family does the whole 9 yards with dressing up and I hate it. I want to enjoy my time and spend it with the people I love, not worrying about my clothes or how photos will look.
To each their own, though.
BishandDish
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by BishandDish »

Their thanksgiving honestly reminded me of my own family's. Its usually just myself, my husband and the kids. I honestly like the coziness of that, than a big over top thing. I hope the simplicity of it gave them some genuine gratitude for their small, healthy family.

It honestly blows my mind when I see people just living their 'normal lives' during the pandemic. The gymnastic meet being the perfect example. I know every region, state, and mindset is different. Its been months, and honestly almost a year since I've seen most of my family. Idk it just seems insensitive, but I'm assuming the pandemic isn't as serious to them. I also live in a highly populated area, maybe thats why its more serious to me?
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

BishandDish wrote:Their thanksgiving honestly reminded me of my own family's. Its usually just myself, my husband and the kids. I honestly like the coziness of that, than a big over top thing. I hope the simplicity of it gave them some genuine gratitude for their small, healthy family.

It honestly blows my mind when I see people just living their 'normal lives' during the pandemic. The gymnastic meet being the perfect example. I know every region, state, and mindset is different. Its been months, and honestly almost a year since I've seen most of my family. Idk it just seems insensitive, but I'm assuming the pandemic isn't as serious to them. I also live in a highly populated area, maybe thats why its more serious to me?
I had to kind of lol when I read this because I'm waiting to pick up a family member and looked up to see a bunch of people in the gym maskless and close quarters lol.

Things aren't bad where I live, we are business as usual but with masks, quarantine guidelines and lots of hand sanitizer and barriers.

I know in FL its pretty lax but I think they might still be in Alabama?

ETA: we don't use that gym or anything and its the only place I've seen that many maskless people

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

I just watched Brittany’s vlog, if they are serious about getting a beach condo near Grandberry’s beach house, that must be killing Katie. I am glad Brittany and her husband are doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

Im sorry her insta stories about getting used to something different is so funny. Oh my I screwed my finances and instead of using my college phd im just going to be a lazy youtuber with little to no content. Katie is already complaining you have been in this house a month and still cant process it and get on a routine. How hard is it to stick to your regular routine in a different house? Yes adjustments are hard, but its katies fault and cullens fault on why they had to move. When you see that your making less money and have massive amounts of debt instead of taking ownership and getting a job they just did nothing and let her parents pay for everything. I mean both could have a gotten a job and her mom could have picked them up from school and watched them. Also that whole oh if my kids don't have designer clothes my family will be mad at me yeah that's BS like your sister was giving you clothes for free also consignment shops have them for less. Shes just a spoiled brat that never grew up.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Is she serious? It takes up brain power to learn where the bathroom is at night?? Wtf??

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Lovethesnark wrote:Is she serious? It takes up brain power to learn where the bathroom is at night?? Wtf??

I rolled my eyes so hard when she made that comment. I fully understand that moving is stressful but come on Katie. Grow up and get your crap together. They will never go back to regular 9 to 5 jobs because they won't able to "handle" it. I just don't understand how you can upload a vlog once a month and still call that a full time job. They are so out of touch with the reality that most of us live.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Lovethesnark wrote:Is she serious? It takes up brain power to learn where the bathroom is at night?? Wtf??

When you're wasted every night, sure.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

lmmomSD wrote:

When you're wasted every night, sure.

They blamed the cats for pissing all over the place. Maybe it was Katie?
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

I'm going to defend Katie on this one. I think she was just trying to point out that many of the things we do on autopilot do actually take brain energy to establish. Which is true. Everything new takes some amount of brain power to figure out. I moved recently so maybe I'm feeling generous towards Katie right now. Now obviously there are many things they could have done to make their move less stressful, and in the grand scheme of things learning the way to the bathroom in the dark is not much. But she's not wrong that it takes brain power for every little thing that's different. And it does add up.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Katie's instastories showed Gaines on a regular sized trampoline. I guess they upgraded that too with the move. They probably just didn't want to take the time to disassemble the other one. Probably left it on the curb with the perfectly fine bar stools.

It obvious that their mindset that got them into debt has not changed much. I fully understand that the home is a 1/4 of the size of their old house and some furniture would just not fit or be functional. However out of all the crap they had in that house you would think they would have enough to make do for a while. Katie just sees this as an excuse to go back to spending like crazy. I know we say it all the time but I don't think they will ever be debt free. I see them filing bankruptcy before too long. To them it will seem like a get out of jail free card.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

The new vlog shows more of the house and they bought new beds for the kids. A new trampoline plus all of that elf crap. The house seems so much smaller than it is because of all of the bulky furniture. It really seems like they have been spending like crazy. I hope some of the new furniture for the bedrooms was sponsored.

Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

Boymomma123 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:06 pm The new vlog shows more of the house and they bought new beds for the kids. A new trampoline plus all of that elf crap. The house seems so much smaller than it is because of all of the bulky furniture. It really seems like they have been spending like crazy. I hope some of the new furniture for the bedrooms was sponsored.

Yeah they've certainly been spending money like water! They have dropped SO much money on little gifts from the elves. And it seems like these kids are getting gifts every day, along with brand new pajamas every 5 minutes. They even mentioned how Cullen was at Target and wanted all the things... So they are clearly just blowing through money. And Christmas isn't even here yet!
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Why do you get matching pet, parent, and children’s pajamas when you’re $100,000 in debt. I know they say $80,000, but they have not paid off anything in a while and interest adds up. What’s wrong with old navy lounge pants or pajamas and leave the pets alone. The dogs were miserable in the pajamas, what a waste of money.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ducklings4 wrote:Why do you get matching pet, parent, and children’s pajamas when you’re $100,000 in debt. I know they say $80,000, but they have not paid off anything in a while and interest adds up. What’s wrong with old navy lounge pants or pajamas and leave the pets alone. The dogs were miserable in the pajamas, what a waste of money.

Does anyone outside of influencers do the matching pajamas thing? I never heard of it before Instagram became a big deal. It's just so silly and wasteful to me. Not judging anyone here who does it, but I do judge the influence who make everyone pose in their matching pajamas for the 'gram.

mblant099
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by mblant099 »

I found it interesting that Emily was in a short snippet in Gaines’ room, but there was absolutely no mention of them being there.
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by 131618 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote:Why do you get matching pet, parent, and children’s pajamas when you’re $100,000 in debt. I know they say $80,000, but they have not paid off anything in a while and interest adds up. What’s wrong with old navy lounge pants or pajamas and leave the pets alone. The dogs were miserable in the pajamas, what a waste of money.

Does anyone outside of influencers do the matching pajamas thing? I never heard of it before Instagram became a big deal. It's just so silly and wasteful to me. Not judging anyone here who does it, but I do judge the influence who make everyone pose in their matching pajamas for the 'gram.

Okay so I was just thinking about this - for a few years now I get our kids matching jammies for their Christmas eve box and take a picture in them before bed. A bit ago we were at Target and I mentioned the matching pjs on display and hubby said he wouldn't mind us all wearing them and then I started thinking about it and realized there's zero point to it lol - spending over $100 pretty much just for a pic??? No thanks. I am not about the influencer life.

But I do like the matching PJs on Christmas Eve (tradition in my fam to get PJs for Christmas) so will continue that haha

Long story short, I think people just get wrapped up in social media crap like that....or I miss the point too haha

bcuzimnosey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bcuzimnosey »

mblant099 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:27 pm I found it interesting that Emily was in a short snippet in Gaines’ room, but there was absolutely no mention of them being there.
I’m pretty sure that wasn’t Emily. I think that’s their neighbors daughter. The neighbor that brought them dinner over the weekend. I think it was something grilled that Cullen shared.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”