Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

131618 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
Ducklings4 wrote:Why do you get matching pet, parent, and children’s pajamas when you’re $100,000 in debt. I know they say $80,000, but they have not paid off anything in a while and interest adds up. What’s wrong with old navy lounge pants or pajamas and leave the pets alone. The dogs were miserable in the pajamas, what a waste of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does anyone outside of influencers do the matching pajamas thing? I never heard of it before Instagram became a big deal. It's just so silly and wasteful to me. Not judging anyone here who does it, but I do judge the influence who make everyone pose in their matching pajamas for the 'gram.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Okay so I was just thinking about this - for a few years now I get our kids matching jammies for their Christmas eve box and take a picture in them before bed. A bit ago we were at Target and I mentioned the matching pjs on display and hubby said he wouldn't mind us all wearing them and then I started thinking about it and realized there's zero point to it lol - spending over $100 pretty much just for a pic??? No thanks. I am not about the influencer life.

But I do like the matching PJs on Christmas Eve (tradition in my fam to get PJs for Christmas) so will continue that haha

Long story short, I think people just get wrapped up in social media crap like that....or I miss the point too haha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I have always gotten Christmas Jammies for my kids. Now we get the men’s lounge pants from Old Navy the men’s have pockets and everyone wants pockets. I give them out at Thanksgiving because that’s my holiday I have everyone together. If you time the old navy sales right you don’t spend a lot. I also am not in debt up to my eyeballs so I can spend on what I want.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

I buy my kids Christmas pajamas every year because they absolutely love them and I find good deals at places likes Marshall's and TJ Maxx. My kids also like to wear them year round too so it seems way less wasteful. I don't do the whole family matching however and I would never buy them for our pets.

They were out at Mexican again in the latest Instagram story. So between new furniture, all the elf crap, new trampoline, new ladder and who knows what else they are back to spending some serious money.

I hate how influencers present their elf on a shelf experience. Why is the elf bringing them presents every single day? We have an elf and all I do is move her. The most creative I got was her "making" us cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I appreciate Cullen's dedication and creativity but why do you have to spend money to do it? I use what I have at home and my kids think it's just as magical.

Katie's comment about Cullen wanting to buy all the things in Target is pretty telling. I am sure it will be another over the top Christmas for the kids and soon the "budgeting" videos will all but disappear. I have a hard time watching their regular vlogs. The favoritism Katie shows towards Gaines is insufferable. She just had to go on and on about the ornament with her baby foot prints on it and how special it was. Yet she barely spoke to Brooks about his. I don't see how she cannot see the difference because it is painfully obvious.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't their monthly budget at the rental in fact be a little bit more restrictive than it was at the McMansion? Sure, they swapped home owners insurance for renters insurance, and the utility bill will be a lot smaller, but they were paying $0 every month while skipping their $6,000/month mortgage, and now I'm guessing their rental is around $2,000/month. We know they didn't make any money off the sale of their house. Yet they're suddenly buying everything in sight and eating out. I'm guessing that even while skipping their payments, that $6,000 mortgage was hanging over their heads and psychological kept them in check a bit until they were under contract. Once they knew they were out from under that mortgage, they started spending with abandon again, even if it's financial suicide.
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

Definitely haven't seen a budgeting video in a long time, and I doubt we will until January. Then, in January they will claim that they were "able to pay off $??? in debt". But they won't explain how they did it and there won't be an overall look at their finances. Because they are simply NOT following a plan to get out of debt. I was ok with giving them the benefit of the doubt for eating restaurant food while in the middle of a move. I get it- it's stressful and all of your cookware is packed away, yada yada. But by NOW they should be in a place where they can go back to cooking their own meals. And by "cooking their own meals", I DON'T mean subscribing to a useless boxed meal service. They are no longer getting that service for free-- they are paying for it themselves. I've never seen two people waste so much money in my LIFE.
Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

They were not paying that mortgage in the first place we all know that her parents were. I bet they pay 2000 a month for rent but they are definitely not budgeting. Meal services, new furniture, and going out to eat is what they waste their money on. They will cry poor in january and start saying that they need to budget better. God and Christmas isn't even here yet and i bet they spoiled Gaines.
NormalName
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by NormalName »

Boymomma123 wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:27 am I buy my kids Christmas pajamas every year because they absolutely love them and I find good deals at places likes Marshall's and TJ Maxx. My kids also like to wear them year round too so it seems way less wasteful. I don't do the whole family matching however and I would never buy them for our pets.

They were out at Mexican again in the latest Instagram story. So between new furniture, all the elf crap, new trampoline, new ladder and who knows what else they are back to spending some serious money.

I hate how influencers present their elf on a shelf experience. Why is the elf bringing them presents every single day? We have an elf and all I do is move her. The most creative I got was her "making" us cinnamon rolls for breakfast. I appreciate Cullen's dedication and creativity but why do you have to spend money to do it? I use what I have at home and my kids think it's just as magical.

Katie's comment about Cullen wanting to buy all the things in Target is pretty telling. I am sure it will be another over the top Christmas for the kids and soon the "budgeting" videos will all but disappear. I have a hard time watching their regular vlogs. The favoritism Katie shows towards Gaines is insufferable. She just had to go on and on about the ornament with her baby foot prints on it and how special it was. Yet she barely spoke to Brooks about his. I don't see how she cannot see the difference because it is painfully obvious.

The ornaments! I had the same thought. Brooks shows his handprint and its “yeah that’s cool buddy”. Then Katie pulls out Gaines’s feet “OMG LOOK HOW LITTLE AND PRECIOUS, YOU WERE SO LITTLE SO CUTE!!!”

Like holy crap. Brooks is trying to talk to you and you bring it around to Gaines when she wasn’t even nearby! Gaines didn’t care about her feet print, but brooks clearly cared about his handprint
Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

You know what i hope brooks does look at the past videos when he is older and questions them why he is not loved the same as gaines. Gaines always looks put together while he looks a little sloppy and when are they going to cut his hair it looks a lot shaggy and in his eyes. Im sorry that poor little boy is put to the side constantly and its so sad. He deserves to be loved and hes so sweet. Gaines is just a spoiled brat that gets away with everything.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

I think it's safe to say that the only thing Katie is budgeting is Gaines' Christmas Envelope
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Katie is SO obsessed with over-thinking about wrapping Christmas gifts. Just DO IT ALREADY! Or put it off until Christmas Eve. I don't care. But just stop obsessing about the subject and make a damn decision.
Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

Katie is live and someone called her out. Lol

Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

Romeoxsavexme wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:23 am Katie is live and someone called her out. Lol Image

Where is her live?
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Liz_444 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:58 am
Romeoxsavexme wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:23 am Katie is live and someone called her out. Lol Image

Where is her live?
It was on Instagram. It was basically a video of her rambling about nothing important. She had her usual fans, but there was one person who spoke up and commented- Why don't you talk about your budget and stop lying to everyone! Then everyone else called that person a troll.
Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

Creative74 wrote:

Where is her live?
It was on Instagram. It was basically a video of her rambling about nothing important. She had her usual fans, but there was one person who spoke up and commented- Why don't you talk about your budget and stop lying to everyone! Then everyone else called that person a troll.
And said she was using the debt free community for clickbait. Image

Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

Romeoxsavexme wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:50 am
Creative74 wrote:

Where is her live?
And said she was using the debt free community for clickbait. Image

Good!
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Creative74 wrote:Katie is SO obsessed with over-thinking about wrapping Christmas gifts. Just DO IT ALREADY! Or put it off until Christmas Eve. I don't care. But just stop obsessing about the subject and make a damn decision.
Right like why does everything have to have some crazy hidden complicated meaning to her? Its like she has to come up with all of these justifications for why she is a lazy procrastinator. She needs so much validation from her crazy followers and it is really kind of sad.

Coletrain_04
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Coletrain_04 »

What the hell is she talking about??? I mean she’s wasting time talking and putting text on the videos (which I appreciate the text), but how many damn videos is she going to make? And a live??? That time she could have wrapped a few gifts?

This is why you can’t get stuff done because you can’t make a decision and you procrastinate. Like come on.
Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

When I watched her IG stories and her post all I wanted to do was post the meme of peter griffin going who the hell cares. Ok you wrap or don't and by the way all I saw was for the princess nothing for brooks. But ill say this its easier to wrap when kids are in school and you know you have no job really its so much easier. It really makes you think did cullen get a job because you don't see him really.
janaduggar
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by janaduggar »

These dumbf*cks are seriously continuing on with the debt disaster content after spending God awful amounts of money on bullshit. I can't.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

I don't understand why they think spending $40 + on pizza is acceptable. I understand moving is stressful and sometimes you need a quick option. However you don't have to buy the most expensive pizza known to mankind. Have they never heard of little Ceasars? Even pizza hut and dominos have cheap options. Its like they think if they are going to eat out they might as well live it up and get the most expensive menu options. You can eat out in a pinch yet also be cheap. You don't have to get margaritas with Mexican or 3 appetizers. Like I feel bad saying this but they have no common sense whatsoever.

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Didn’t they say the movers that moved them to the last move offered to move them again for free? If they did say that then they either lied or are lying now.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”