Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Creative74
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by Creative74 »

Ducklings4 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:36 pm Didn’t they say the movers that moved them to the last move offered to move them again for free? If they did say that then they either lied or are lying now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly!! I noticed this also. They said they had to weigh out the costs between hiring movers and renting the truck. They are lying in some fashion right now.
klb41611
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by klb41611 »

I'm 2 minutes into this latest video, about their "apparent spend" on the move. And OMG. This is the problem. Right here. She asks Cullen what he THINKS they've spent, or his thoughts on what they would spend...and then says to the camera "he hasn't seen the numbers yet".

so that's it. Full stop. That is 100% their problem. They have NO idea what they are actually spending. He has NO clue what they have spent on this move. They are not tracking anything. They are just spending. If anything, he's leaving it to HER to track (!!!!) which is insane, because THAT is how they got into this mess in the first place!

BOTH of them should know and understand every.single.penny coming in & out of that place, and have full understanding & full visibility into what they are doing with their $$. Until that happens, they will never ever get themselves out of this. There is no way their marriage will sadly survive this. I'm calling it.
klb41611
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by klb41611 »

they spent $544 JUST ON DINING OUT!! LMAO. In the middle of a global pandemic to boot. They are legit dumb. I can't listen to them talk about money. Talking about deposits and he asks "do we get that back?" and she says "I dunno!"

hiring a professional photographer for photos. I can't stop laughing at this train wreck.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I don't understand how at this point he still doesn't insist on active participation in the finances! He doesn't know how much they spent moving? That isn't a marriage or any kind of partnership.
I seriously think Katie needs to go to Debtors Anonymous. She's hiding the spending like an alcoholic hides their drinking. Dave Ramsey can't help them until they come to terms with why they spend like they do.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

NormalName
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by NormalName »

[quote=lmmomSD post_id=1684147 time=1608265635 user_id=21008]
I don't understand how at this point he still doesn't insist on active participation in the finances! He doesn't know how much they spent moving? That isn't a marriage or any kind of partnership.
I seriously think Katie needs to go to Debtors Anonymous. She's hiding the spending like an alcoholic hides their drinking. Dave Ramsey can't help them until they come to terms with why they spend like they do.

[/quote]

Wasn't the whole point of their "money envelopes" to solve this exact problem? Like I SWEAR somewhere in their debt vlogs from January they mentioned that Cullen needed to get involved and every dollar should be tracked.

What truly frustrates me about them is I just swear they addressed and acknowledged all their problems last January and now they're pretending like all their problems with money have just disappeared and they're really good with money! EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE DOING THE SAME THINGS
kaper
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kaper »

klb41611 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:25 pm they spent $544 JUST ON DINING OUT!! LMAO. In the middle of a global pandemic to boot. They are legit dumb. I can't listen to them talk about money. Talking about deposits and he asks "do we get that back?" and she says "I dunno!"

hiring a professional photographer for photos. I can't stop laughing at this train wreck.
There are so many people in dire need waiting for this upcoming $600 stimulus check to avoid eviction or put a simple meal on the table, and these two spent $544 on eating out? They just have no sense of reality.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

klb41611 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:18 pm I'm 2 minutes into this latest video, about their "apparent spend" on the move. And OMG. This is the problem. Right here. She asks Cullen what he THINKS they've spent, or his thoughts on what they would spend...and then says to the camera "he hasn't seen the numbers yet".

so that's it. Full stop. That is 100% their problem. They have NO idea what they are actually spending. He has NO clue what they have spent on this move. They are not tracking anything. They are just spending. If anything, he's leaving it to HER to track (!!!!) which is insane, because THAT is how they got into this mess in the first place!

BOTH of them should know and understand every.single.penny coming in & out of that place, and have full understanding & full visibility into what they are doing with their $$. Until that happens, they will never ever get themselves out of this. There is no way their marriage will sadly survive this. I'm calling it.
Exactly! We just bought our second home, and many of our conversations together the past month have revolved around spending and budgets. Discussing what we're comfortable spending, reviewing quotes together, do we want to do such-and-such ASAP or wait until we sell our first home and are no longer carrying two mortgages, etc. We could both tell you about what we spent on packing supplies, movers, and renovations for the new place. Because it's our money and we are both responsible for how we manage it. Most importantly, we decide on a budget. If we need to spend more, we talk about it before we actually spend it. I can't fathom having no clue. Cullen is so checked out, and Katie is perfectly happy calling all the shots.
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

They talked about supporting local restaurants, but can't support themselves?? Who spends that much on pizza?? Why did they have to go "explore" the town and eat out??? Do they realize how stupid they look??
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Ducklings4 wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:36 pm Didn’t they say the movers that moved them to the last move offered to move them again for free? If they did say that then they either lied or are lying now.

Yep, since all of these move videos have been sponsored by Regions Bank or Noom, I'm assuming they either already had signed contracts for sponsored move content with these advertisers, or Regions Bank and Noom were offering money and the moving company was simply offering a complimentary move. Maybe they wanted cash rather than a free move. But when you factor in the hours spent moving (because they couldn't be bothered to pack efficiently and purge stuff over the past year that their house has been on the market) and the cost of the rental truck when they could have been using that time to work on their "business," it may have been more economical to take the movers up on their offer.

I don't think they calculated how expensive it would be to move 250 miles away. We're moving about 50 miles away and our movers are about $1,000. Can't imagine doing it myself, and still spending $1,400.

Who spends $50 on Dominos for two adults and and two small kids? I thought shitty delivery pizza was supposed to be cheap. My husband and I both have December birthdays in the middle of buying a house and moving, and I could never justify spending $544 in one month on restaurants. We got a sushi dinner delivered for my husband's birthday and it' s usually about $50 for a ton of sushi. My husband made me a nice crab cake dinner for my birthday. Other than that, I pretty much pause as much superfluous pending as possible when we're going through an expensive move. I just can't stomach it when so much money is already going out the door. They spend like they're bringing in WAY more than $100K annually, which was what they last gave as their income. That's hilarious that they plan to spend money on a professional photographer for Christmas card photos. That's easily a couple hundred dollars on the cheap end.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Nobody serious about getting out of debt spends that much money dining out in one month. A bunch of people have said (and I know people weren't defending them) that it's understandable to eat a few meals out, since they were moving, but that's just ridiculous for people who claim to be trying to save and "get out of debt".
How can anyone believe them? Their "fanbase" must be completely devoid of critical thinking skills. I'm still stunned that someone who actually watches their videos and sees how they treated their home would be willing to rent to them.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

I think most of their troubles come from their inability to plan for anything. Every decision is always last minute for them so they end up having to spend more $$$.

They knew they wanted to downsize despite not knowing what size the next home would be. They could have been selling and donating their extra crap all year long.

But instead of planning for anything they just wing it and use the "life is so crazy" excuse for why they spend like crazy.

They are one bad month away from losing it all again yet the spending is creeping back up. Spending money on a professional photographer seems irresponsible. They have professional cameras and could snap a few of their own. Princess Katie went without for 6 months so she suffered enoughI guess.

You can eat in restaurants and not break the bank. These two don't understand that though and go all out. I see them divorced within 5 years. Katie will get bitter again towards Cullen when they still can't afford a larger home. Their YouTube views will be next to nothing and they will have no plan for the future. The kids won't have any college savings but who cares? At least Gaines had all her fox clothes and monogrammed overpriced backpack!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Creative74
Talker
Talker

Hope all of you had a Merry Christmas! Is it time to talk more trash now? hehe...
Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

No Christmas content at all. Wow they don't even do the bare minimum anymore. This isn't even a job anymore its a hobby. I bet the have no christmas video because we all know they went overboard and bought the princess so much crap and poor brooks got nothing he really wanted.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Tayloch00 wrote:No Christmas content at all. Wow they don't even do the bare minimum anymore. This isn't even a job anymore its a hobby. I bet the have no christmas video because we all know they went overboard and bought the princess so much crap and poor brooks got nothing he really wanted.
From Instastories they are back in Birmingham with Grandberry at Brittany's. Then they are playing air hockey and Granddolly and Granddoc's. Hard to put up a blog when you go visiting, you know!

Tayloch00
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tayloch00 »

[quote=Ducklings4 post_id=1686268 time=1609178602 user_id=24885]
[quote="Tayloch00"]No Christmas content at all. Wow they don't even do the bare minimum anymore. This isn't even a job anymore its a hobby. I bet the have no christmas video because we all know they went overboard and bought the princess so much crap and poor brooks got nothing he really wanted.[/quote]
From Instastories they are back in Birmingham with Grandberry at Brittany's. Then they are playing air hockey and Granddolly and Granddoc's. Hard to put up a blog when you go visiting, you know!

[/quote]
I call bull crap on that, because years past when they were out of town they still put up content. Im not saying that they need to to do everyday again, but when your views are down you would think to do Idk vlogmass to ring in some new followers. They practically have no money and don't put out anything really. They need content to get money cause I bet when they start the new year for their debt series they will saying how they didn't get paid enough in December.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Anyone else hoping that theu wised up and maybe Cullen got a regular job?

I assumed they were slowing down on vlogs because they would have some Christmas sponsorships but they didn't even have a toy sponsorship this year. I just do not understand how they can be making any money. Family vlogging is becoming less and less of a sustainable source of income. Now is the time to really try and get a new audience and they are not even posting once a month at this point. No Instagram ads either. It is bizarre.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I noticed that they seem to have given Brittany and Cory every single toy that Brooks and Gaines ever had. Their house is overstuffed with all of it! Even the PBK Anywhere chairs that literally say “Brooks” and “Gaines” are at Brittany and Corys.
What did they even keep?
Creative74
Talker
Talker

It has now been almost 2 weeks since they've posted a YT video, and I've seen very little content on their Instagram. Do they have another platform, or are they just lazy?
I understand that hard-working self-employed people will want to take a bit of a vacation around the holidays.. But these two literally just take vacations from their vacations!!
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

I think they are truly sinking now. Probably ''the shock'' of downsizing and their financial problems are finally hitting them and they are unable to cope.
CooperFairbanks
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by CooperFairbanks »

I think they are avoiding posting content because they have failed on their budgeting. Back in Feb 2020, they did their envelopes and were budgeting $25 pm for takeaway/restaurants. But they spent, what, over $500 the month they moved? You don't go from being on track with your budget, by blowing it by that amount even with a move. So I suspect that they have not managed to stick to their budget for a long time and now, with the move, the reality has hit them like a train and they are too ashamed to admit it.

And they should be ashamed. These are people with $100,000 in personal debt! They refused to get other jobs, refused to take their children out of private school, refused to sell their overpriced SUV, refused to rein in their "holiday" spending i.e. birthdays, Christmas, Valentines Day etc. They are so hellbent on keeping up with the Joneses when they can scarcely afford to buy toilet paper to wipe their bums. They won't "get it" until they hit rock bottom.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”