Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

I think that Katie is obsessed and addicted to shopping. Gifts may be part of her love language but I am also super tired of influencer culture using their "love languages" and enneagram numbers to justify poor decisions. They are constantly making poor decisions and then blaming every other factor other than themselves.

Katie is an extremely insecure, manipulative, and controlling person. She is addicted to the high she gets from purchases and "newness". That is why they feel so great in this new house. Social media exacerbates this problem in our society today. We are never satisfied with what we have. Then you constantly see these "influencers" getting more and more material things.

It's really quite sad because Katie knows how easy it is to make your life look #perfect on social media. Their life once looked perfect and we all know that was far from the truth. Yet she spends all day scrolling and feels the need to overconsume material goods to have worth.

She needs therapy.

I do agree that they are grooming their kids to idolize alcohol. They always get the kids "margaritas" at Mexican restaurants and make a big deal about their kids pretend drinking. It's odd to me and shows that they don't have the capacity to talk to their children genuinely about alcohol. Sadly their kids most likely see their parents drink so frequently they already have it on the brain.

No I am not saying you cannot drink in front of your children.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

HelloSweetie wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:26 am
wishes wrote:Wow, Hannah, your in depth response was very well written. I apologize if I'm way off base but I somehow got the feeling you may be a psychiatrist or therapist? I weirdly felt soothed reading what you wrote and how clearly you explained each topic.

Moving on, you are right about Katie's love language being gifts. I'm pretty sure she mentioned that is her love language. I believe it was mentioned when Cullen gifted her a Louie Vuitton hand bag as a push present for either Gaines or Brooks.

And interesting observation about dedicating a room to gift-wrapping, wow! Never thought about it that way, unless it was intertwined with a craft room then it would never have crossed my mind.

I haven't watched their videos in awhile, but I'm very taken aback Cullen grooming his kids to drink alcohol by pretending they were drinking adults drink. That is so sad and heartbreaking, just as Katie is turning Gaines into her by thinking materialistic and getting the high of buying stuff.

Those poor kids. It just now dawned on me that we're witnessing these kids grow up, being groomed by their parents in the wrong way on how they will live their lives. Yikes.
I thought her post was a bit reaching and far too black and white tbh.

Doc and Dolly did not set Katie up to be how she is. Dolly and Kelly are fully functioning adults. We have seen evidence many times that Dolly is not supportive of what Katie has become.

A new charm every year for Gaines is a nice keepsake from her grandmother, it’s not the problem. Sentimentality over treasures is not a bad thing. Prioritizing things based on worth alone is absolutely Katie’s problem. Her constant entitlement and desperate need to show off and deny reality is the problem.

And Katie drinks as much as Cullen does. Can we stop making him the scapegoat? He said he had a problem and she told him he didn’t because SHE didn’t want to drink less herself. That’s a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And Cullen did not choose Brooks. It was Katie who shove him aside towards Cullen with her projections onto both kids.
Creative74
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Creative74 »

Katie is STILL obsessing about those damn barstools! They even contacted the people who originally got rid of the chairs to see where they got them. Those people said they didn't buy the chairs, but the homeowners before them did. So NOW they're going to contact the original owners to see if they can tell Katie where they got the chairs! No WONDER they aren't putting out new content. Katie is back to obsessing about stuff that doesn't matter! First it was the washing machine that they took apart because of the brown "flakes" in the water, THEN it was Katie's hair all summer (going from natural wavy to straight and back again), and now it's this. I've never seen someone obsess this much. Oh to have that much time on my hands to not work...
Guru_Gossip_Girl
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Guru_Gossip_Girl »

I do not get their lack of content coupled with the barstool obsession. It’s all so bizarre. The Elf on the Shelf obsession was getting extreme too which was boring and weird. They need to give up YouTube and both get real jobs.
NormalName
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by NormalName »

Creative74 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:39 pm Katie is STILL obsessing about those damn barstools! They even contacted the people who originally got rid of the chairs to see where they got them. Those people said they didn't buy the chairs, but the homeowners before them did. So NOW they're going to contact the original owners to see if they can tell Katie where they got the chairs! No WONDER they aren't putting out new content. Katie is back to obsessing about stuff that doesn't matter! First it was the washing machine that they took apart because of the brown "flakes" in the water, THEN it was Katie's hair all summer (going from natural wavy to straight and back again), and now it's this. I've never seen someone obsess this much. Oh to have that much time on my hands to not work...
What.. imagine getting a call from complete strangers asking about your old house and asking where you got some barstools you probably bought years ago.. even if they do remember where they got them, what are the chances the store would even still have them?

God, why not find useable barstools on Facebook or at a goodwill.. or just use the ones you already had?

Why does Katie feel the need to make everything in her life infinitely more complicated for no reason?
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

NormalName wrote:
Creative74 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:39 pm Katie is STILL obsessing about those damn barstools! They even contacted the people who originally got rid of the chairs to see where they got them. Those people said they didn't buy the chairs, but the homeowners before them did. So NOW they're going to contact the original owners to see if they can tell Katie where they got the chairs! No WONDER they aren't putting out new content. Katie is back to obsessing about stuff that doesn't matter! First it was the washing machine that they took apart because of the brown "flakes" in the water, THEN it was Katie's hair all summer (going from natural wavy to straight and back again), and now it's this. I've never seen someone obsess this much. Oh to have that much time on my hands to not work...
What.. imagine getting a call from complete strangers asking about your old house and asking where you got some barstools you probably bought years ago.. even if they do remember where they got them, what are the chances the store would even still have them?

God, why not find useable barstools on Facebook or at a goodwill.. or just use the ones you already had?

Why does Katie feel the need to make everything in her life infinitely more complicated for no reason?
Katie is focusing on the barstools so she doesn't have to focus on reality.

Creative74
Talker
Talker

Last YouTube Video: December 30th (9 days ago)
Last YouTube Video from the "Debt Disaster" Series: December 17th (22 days ago)
Second to Last YouTube Video from the "Debt Disaster" Series: October 23rd

Just a perspective.
klb41611
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by klb41611 »

you gotta love how they both get drunk & high as F, and have no issues just posting ridiculous instastories, making themselves look like morons. Talk about a cry for help. These people are circling.the.drain. - and those poor kids will be the ones who pay the price.
SomeoneActually
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SomeoneActually »

These idiots spent $600 on a roomba. They don't work at least they can do is basic cleaning. But that must tough when your hungover.
ICantEven
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ICantEven »

SomeoneActually wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:34 am These idiots spent $600 on a roomba. They don't work at least they can do is basic cleaning. But that must tough when your hungover.
It wasn't long ago that they bought a new vacuum for the beach house because they had one at home and it was the most amazing vacuum ever. They have a much smaller house now so it seems that amazing vacuum would still do the job! Maybe they sold it in order to buy this new, smaller one :roll: :roll: :roll:
bootsncats
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bootsncats »

SomeoneActually wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:34 am These idiots spent $600 on a roomba. They don't work at least they can do is basic cleaning. But that must tough when your hungover.

Yep... just coming here to say this same thing. People who are in debt up to their eyeballs DO NOT need to be spending money on robot vacuums. Their new place is MUCH, MUCH smaller now and they STILL can't even freaking vacuum?!? Also, as has been said many, many times... WHAT do they do all day?!?!
WatchinTheWreck
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WatchinTheWreck »

I think that one might even be the newest model which is $800!! Either way...pure insanity!!! And I have never seen anyone get a iRobot sponsorship, only off brands of robot vacuums so I highly doubt it is a sponsorship either.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Y’all, the robot vacuum could have been purchased with her endless supply of gift cards, so it’s okay! /sarcasm
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Christmas gift from Katie's parents. They are probably hesitant to gift money to go towards debt, because they know there's a good chance it will go towards alcohol and drugs. If not, you know Katie's thought process was, "Well, we paid $X a month for a cleaning service once upon a time, so this is cheaper!"
kaper
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kaper »

They should have bought one of those automatic cat litter box contraptions. I'd rather have a robot sift, sanitize and bag used kitty litter than one that cleans a floor from crumbs.
Creative74
Talker
Talker

They keep standing around taking IG video of the robot vacuum, when they could just be vacuuming themselves. It would take less time!
WatchinTheWreck
Talker
Talker

Unread post by WatchinTheWreck »

HashtagBlessed wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:36 am I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Christmas gift from Katie's parents. They are probably hesitant to gift money to go towards debt, because they know there's a good chance it will go towards alcohol and drugs. If not, you know Katie's thought process was, "Well, we paid $X a month for a cleaning service once upon a time, so this is cheaper!"
That is the possibility.
Creative74
Talker
Talker

And they're back out at the Mexican restaurant tonight!
If they make a YT video saying that they paid off ANY of their debt recently, I call BS.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Cullen and Katie: Losing the house, no jobs for either spouse | Part #27

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

kaper wrote:They should have bought one of those automatic cat litter box contraptions. I'd rather have a robot sift, sanitize and bag used kitty litter than one that cleans a floor from crumbs.
If you have the money to spend on this great. They don’t. I’d judge them just as much if they purchased one of these. It isn’t that hard to change a litter box. They have time.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

They both looked drunk in the IG about the Mexican restaurant. And then driving the kids. Absurd.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”