Bonnie Hoellein: Everything stinks, click my affiliate links! | Part 62

Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Everything stinks, click my affiliate links! | Part 62

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

I really hate how Joel has to relay comments from contractors/providers like every decision he has made is the best and most wonderful. Two times in this vlog, the plumber said he's never seen any faucets like this, they are exquisite (not the word used but.....), then this room is the biggest stretch of room they've ever laid carpet for. It's like he's trying to validate his decisions and now has back-up to confirm it's the best. Just about every reveal he has done on the house, there's been validation from the subcontractor.
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

Happy+Charlie wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:10 am I really hate how Joel has to relay comments from contractors/providers like every decision he has made is the best and most wonderful. Two times in this vlog, the plumber said he's never seen any faucets like this, they are exquisite (not the word used but.....), then this room is the biggest stretch of room they've ever laid carpet for. It's like he's trying to validate his decisions and now has back-up to confirm it's the best. Just about every reveal he has done on the house, there's been validation from the subcontractor.
I've noticed that too, very annoying.

I thought the shot of the bathroom at the end of this new vlog looked nice, but the lighting fixtures and layout are really ruining the house for me. Bonnie keeps mentioning how she'd like to live there, but anyone still wondering if they'd be moving in should have realized they're definitely not when they put those awful floors in. No way would Bonnie put those in her house.
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Liz_444 »

No, Bon Bon, we are not excited about your stupid fixtures. I mean, come on.....an entire vlog about fixtures for the bathroom/kitchen??? Oh, and you can stop with the sexy voice. It's a big turn off to your viewers and makes you look stupid.

The only reason she did this very long COMMERCIAL is for the money (of course), but she could have incorporated it into a regular vlog. Instead, she bored the shit out of her viewers. Once again, Bon Bon does what SHE wants, and not what she should have done.
Apm1993
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Apm1993 »

Poor BonBon, the interior designer....doesn’t realize there’s a difference in gold and bronze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

All the shade of gold and bronze looks awful, shiny lights and dull fixtures just annoys me, they should have gone generic for everything.
Cece7859
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Cece7859 »

Does anyone know what they paid for that house? It would be interesting to see how much they are asking and get for it. I wonder if they will make a profit?
Kylielou
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kylielou »

It was just listed on the MLS. Asking $460. There is hardly anything on the market right now so they will probably get it. Curious if buyers will run into appraisal issues as its in a not great location, vinyl floors etc but its a single family house that is move-in ready and those are in short supply. Generally I like more contemporary and modern lighting but yeah... not a fan of the lighting. I wish they would have put in nicer flooring and gotten lighting from Lowes or HD.
Sickandtired
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sickandtired »

Kylielou wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:42 am It was just listed on the MLS. Asking $460. There is hardly anything on the market right now so they will probably get it. Curious if buyers will run into appraisal issues as its in a not great location, vinyl floors etc but its a single family house that is move-in ready and those are in short supply. Generally I like more contemporary and modern lighting but yeah... not a fan of the lighting. I wish they would have put in nicer flooring and gotten lighting from Lowes or HD.
Where are you finding the listing? I’m not finding anything.
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

Sickandtired wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:42 am
Kylielou wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:42 am It was just listed on the MLS. Asking $460. There is hardly anything on the market right now so they will probably get it. Curious if buyers will run into appraisal issues as its in a not great location, vinyl floors etc but its a single family house that is move-in ready and those are in short supply. Generally I like more contemporary and modern lighting but yeah... not a fan of the lighting. I wish they would have put in nicer flooring and gotten lighting from Lowes or HD.
I think they paid over $300k for it, but I don't know the details. $460 thousand for an updated tiny house in a crappy part of town, and a kitchen in the living room....good luck with that. Does anyone know if the basement is a walk out? I don't think they can count the sq footage of a basement unless it is.
Kylielou
Amateur
Amateur

[/quote]

Zillow. Here in Utah they do count square footage of basement in listings.
Apm1993
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Apm1993 »

Liz_444 wrote:
I think they paid over $300k for it, but I don't know the details. $460 thousand for an updated tiny house in a crappy part of town, and a kitchen in the living room....good luck with that. Does anyone know if the basement is a walk out? I don't think they can count the sq footage of a basement unless it is.
That’s interesting...does that vary by state? Im in KY, but we definitely count basement in square footage. Wonder why some places don’t..

Tinkerbell22
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Tinkerbell22 »

Kylielou wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:13 pm Where are you finding the listing? I’m not finding anything.
Zillow. Here in Utah they do count square footage of basement in listings.
[/quote]
What city or town is the meth house in?
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

Apm1993 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:25 pm
Liz_444 wrote:

That’s interesting...does that vary by state? Im in KY, but we definitely count basement in square footage. Wonder why some places don’t..

Where I live (midwest) sq footage can only be counted if the basement is walk out.
Kylielou
Amateur
Amateur

I’m not sure I’m allowed to say but try one of the cities 5-10 min south of Logan on the east side of the valley. I thought I remember them paying 200k or 210k for the meth house or something in that range? I don't know how accurate that is. Zillow is way off on a property we bought this year and their sold price listed in Zillow is waaaay off from what we paid.
itsbeenawhile_55
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by itsbeenawhile_55 »

The Listing is super easy to find on Zillow.

So as someone who works in the interior design and flipping industry..
my opinions before looking at the listing photos.. it is not bad for their first flip... since the faucets and lights were sponsored moneywise it doesn't matter for them.. but do not recommend for a normal first timer to do and the lights are TOO personal for a flip regardless if they were sponsored or not. Splurging on one Basic/Feature light sure... but the rest should be standard.

AFTER looking at the listing... It's a fine okay home... that I would buy and make changes to...
First off, the listing photos are horrible and has their Agent ever sold a home before cause the listing description is TRASH. They decided to go with standard bathroom mirrors. which makes sense except they upgraded everything else.. So the rooms look SO SO SO BAD. The Master Bath is photographed with NO mirrors and the half baths light isn't even centered with the mirror and vanity.
& The island should have rounded edges.
I will say the master bath came up better than I envisioned it would.

Also, I couldn't help but notice They staged the closet with a drawn family portrait and i'm sure the clothes were Bollie.

The price is also... well above the zestimate (which is on a sliding scale but usually not by THAT much) and they bought it for 195.5 K so I am curious HOW much money they put into it, to need that high of a listing price to make a profit.
itsbeenawhile_55
Amateur
Amateur

my opinions before looking at the listing photos.. it is not bad for their first flip... since the faucets and lights were sponsored moneywise it doesn't matter for them.. but do not recommend for a normal first timer to do and the lights are TOO personal for a flip regardless if they were sponsored or not. Splurging on one Basic/Feature light sure... but the rest should be standard.

AFTER looking at the listing... It's a fine okay home... that I would buy and make changes to...
First off, the listing photos are horrible and has their Agent ever sold a home before cause the listing description is TRASH. They decided to go with standard bathroom mirrors. which makes sense except they upgraded everything else.. So the rooms look SO SO SO BAD. The Master Bath is photographed with NO mirrors and the half baths light isn't even centered with the mirror and vanity.

Also, I couldn't help but notice They staged the closet with a drawn family portrait and i'm sure the clothes were Bollie.

The price is also... well above the zestimate (which is on a sliding scale but usually not by THAT much) and they bought it for 195.5 K so I am curious HOW much money they put into it, to need that high of a listing price to make a profit.
itsbeenawhile_55
Amateur
Amateur

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

You can't get away from location. A busy corner lot across from a school might not be a desirable place to live. However, housing looks tight in this area. I'd find a different area and build a new home for this price...exactly what Bonnie wants to do.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

It's listed as 5 beds, 4 baths. They must be really small rooms. If he paid $200K and is asking $460K, that would be quite a profit considering so much of it was free or discounted. Guess we'll see if they get that much.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

ba1006 wrote:It's listed as 5 beds, 4 baths. They must be really small rooms. If he paid $200K and is asking $460K, that would be quite a profit considering so much of it was free or discounted. Guess we'll see if they get that much.
The amount of work Joel subbed out, cut into profits. Painters, electricians, plumbers, HVAC technicians and other installers didn’t do their work for a reduced rate or free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”