Bonnie Hoellein: Everything stinks, click my affiliate links! | Part 62

ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Everything stinks, click my affiliate links! | Part 62

Unread post by ba1006 »

golden12345f wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:22 am Is anyone else confused as to why they've put appliances like a fridge and washing machine and dryer in? Is that common in the US? In Australia there's no appliances other than stove/oven/dishwasher, but that's also because they're more "permanent".
Also it really doesn't make sense to me as to why they would splurge on things that don't matter like "expensive" doors, lighting fixtures and a free standing bath, but then put a freestanding stove and oven in? It looks SO cheap. Definitely should have put the stove into the bench top and put a wall oven in instead. Smh, they really don't understand that people want higher quality things like floors and kitchens and not a light.
She had a sponsored deal with the appliance company and probably got all the appliances for free. Otherwise, they probably wouldn't have installed them. I'll give it to her, she is a hustler. You're correct though, that kitchen setup is very outdated for a new construction.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by YTIG60 »

ba1006 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:51 am
golden12345f wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:22 am Is anyone else confused as to why they've put appliances like a fridge and washing machine and dryer in? Is that common in the US? In Australia there's no appliances other than stove/oven/dishwasher, but that's also because they're more "permanent".
Also it really doesn't make sense to me as to why they would splurge on things that don't matter like "expensive" doors, lighting fixtures and a free standing bath, but then put a freestanding stove and oven in? It looks SO cheap. Definitely should have put the stove into the bench top and put a wall oven in instead. Smh, they really don't understand that people want higher quality things like floors and kitchens and not a light.
She had a sponsored deal with the appliance company and probably got all the appliances for free. Otherwise, they probably wouldn't have installed them. I'll give it to her, she is a hustler. You're correct though, that kitchen setup is very outdated for a new construction.
Freestanding stove/oven or slide-in gas ranges are pretty common in the US, especially with this type of home since it isn't a custom home by any means. Freestanding stoves can be quite expensive depending on features and brands. Even without a sponsor, you generally see a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and microwave installed in new homes when they are sold. Good for Bonnie for getting this brand deal since these appliances were not inexpensive. It comes down to space, preference and budget with appliances.

The floors were done very cheaply and it shows. Apparently, the new buyer doesn't care.
Last edited by YTIG60 on Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

Everything looks so ill-fitting in the kitchen. May be just my opinion, but all the stainless steel and then a "gold" faucet looks so bad.

LOL, the kids think dad and mom did all the work, and Bonnie corrects them that it was mostly dad, failing to mention how much of it was outsourced, which appears from the vlogs to be ALOT.

After looking at the listing photos, that island is an eyesore too. It could work, as a lot of homes now are open (honestly, I hate it cause when I'm working in the kitchen, husband watching TV in family room, there's no sound barrier for either). But, the island juts out passed the outline of the room and it looks very off (not lining up with the end of room (where fridge is).
Last edited by Happy+Charlie on Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Happy+Charlie wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:27 am Everything looks so ill-fitting in the kitchen. May be just my opinion, but all the stainless steel and then a "gold" faucet looks so bad.

LOL, the kids think dad and mom did all the work, and Bonnie corrects them that it was mostly dad, failing to mention how much of it was outsourced, which appears from the vlogs to be ALOT.
I agree, I have no issues with the appliances, but the house itself along with the kitchen is not great. The mixture of gold and stainless is apparently "in" right now.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

YTIG60 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:22 am
ba1006 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:51 am She had a sponsored deal with the appliance company and probably got all the appliances for free. Otherwise, they probably wouldn't have installed them. I'll give it to her, she is a hustler. You're correct though, that kitchen setup is very outdated for a new construction.
Freestanding stove/oven or slide-in gas ranges are pretty common in the US, especially with this type of home since it isn't a custom home by any means. Freestanding stoves can be quite expensive depending on features and brands. Even without a sponsor, you generally see a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and microwave installed in new homes when they are sold. Good for Bonnie for getting this brand deal since these appliances were not inexpensive. It comes down to space, preference and budget with appliances.

The floors were done very cheaply and it shows. Apparently, the new buyer doesn't care.
Where I live, all that's required in a house for sale is a range. I always had to buy all my appliances. I realize older homes have this type of setup but if I had a blank slate like they had, I would have designed it differently. That gold faucet with stainless appliances looks horrible together in my opinion. Why is the light fixture in the bathroom not centered over the sink?
Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Liz_444 »

I am in the midwest (US) and it's not common for new houses to come with fridges and washing machines. Most come with the stove/oven, dishwasher, and microwave (if it's built in).
imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

I noticed the house listing does not include photos of the front main living room or the dining area or garage or backyard (this list started as two things but then I realized more lol!). They seem to have only included photos of the areas they thought were most photogenic, then the obligatory bedrooms. Whenever I'm looking at house listings, I want photos of as much as possible... I mean, certainly the living room! I don't see where they have an offer but maybe this will work out fine for them, I just think it would've been easy to include more photos. Unless they are trying to hide the less impressive parts of the house until someone comes to see it.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

Ohnonotme wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:03 pm I wish Bonnie would stop calling the tapware gold. They are bronze. They are even described as “champagne bronze”.

The pictures on Instagram just highlight how awful and cheap the floors are.
It seems that Bonnie took your advice (kind of), since now she is calling it ''bronze-gold'' in her latest vlog ''11 Months Later, Ready to SELL?'' 8:05

Why on earth isn't the light aligned with the mirror in that small bathroom? It is not even centered with the room width. It looks so bad. Time-stamp 10:10
Zaloboble1
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Zaloboble1 »

Where in Utah is this house? I want to see the listing to but I am not an american.

Sent fra min SM-G981B via Tapatalk

Liz_444
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Liz_444 »

I don't understand why this house is pending when there are many more houses that are cheaper and MUCH nice than this ugly ranch house. Oh well, more power to them!

the house is contingent, so maybe the buyer has to sell their home, or obtain a loan?
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Looking at the outside of this small ranch, I'm still trying to figure out how there are 5 beds and 4 baths.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

ba1006 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:07 am Looking at the outside of this small ranch, I'm still trying to figure out how there are 5 beds and 4 baths.
I think there were 2 bedrooms upstairs and Joel added three bedrooms downstairs or vice versa?!
itsbeenawhile_55
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by itsbeenawhile_55 »

After my many critiques, I showed my husband the home. (He's a realtor) . We constantly look at homes for investments... so I didn't say anything just showed it to him for his thoughts. He was like this would be a decent rental... then he saw location and price and was like "WTF?, no" if the house is contingent already... I'm holding down to my original theory that they already had a friend/family member/potential buyer lined up. Which would also explain more personal touches... they then listed it to feel more legit... unless it is a super close family member or friend. I am sure they won't tell us that, that was the case...
10PumpsOfVanilla
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 10PumpsOfVanilla »

This is pretty out there, but what if Ellie and Jared bought it to have a house in that area?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

imoverit
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by imoverit »

Kataja wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:55 am
ba1006 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:07 am Looking at the outside of this small ranch, I'm still trying to figure out how there are 5 beds and 4 baths.
I think there were 2 bedrooms upstairs and Joel added three bedrooms downstairs or vice versa?!
Yeah it's crazy to me, too. There are two bedrooms upstairs to the left of where you walk in, with I believe one bathroom in that hallway and one ensuite with one of the bedrooms. Then there is the master at the back upstairs, with master bathroom. Then downstairs I think there are two more very small bedrooms with a bathroom to share down there. The living space in the basement is also tiny.

So I think a lot of it is just hiding underground in the basement lol, and with the master being at the back, the facade makes it look like a two-bedroom ranch! It would make more sense to me to sacrifice one of those bedrooms for more living space, but I guess bedrooms are the priority in Utah understandably :lol:
Ohnonotme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ohnonotme »

itsbeenawhile_55 wrote:After my many critiques, I showed my husband the home. (He's a realtor) . We constantly look at homes for investments... so I didn't say anything just showed it to him for his thoughts. He was like this would be a decent rental... then he saw location and price and was like "WTF?, no" if the house is contingent already... I'm holding down to my original theory that they already had a friend/family member/potential buyer lined up. Which would also explain more personal touches... they then listed it to feel more legit... unless it is a super close family member or friend. I am sure they won't tell us that, that was the case...
If they had buyers already lined up, why would they go through the expense of real estate agent and listing fees? They’d save money by doing it as a private sale. Unless in the US it is a requirement to list through an agent.

I can’t stand the mixed metals. That random black door handle in the laundry to match the black light fixture, is just weird seeing there’s no other handles like it in the entire house.

Do you have to stand on a ladder to reach the controls on the dryer? Can it be stacked upside down?

Did anyone see her Insta story yesterday? WTF with kissing Joel’s face a hundred times? Why? Just why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Ohnonotme wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:16 pm
itsbeenawhile_55 wrote:After my many critiques, I showed my husband the home. (He's a realtor) . We constantly look at homes for investments... so I didn't say anything just showed it to him for his thoughts. He was like this would be a decent rental... then he saw location and price and was like "WTF?, no" if the house is contingent already... I'm holding down to my original theory that they already had a friend/family member/potential buyer lined up. Which would also explain more personal touches... they then listed it to feel more legit... unless it is a super close family member or friend. I am sure they won't tell us that, that was the case...
If they had buyers already lined up, why would they go through the expense of real estate agent and listing fees? They’d save money by doing it as a private sale. Unless in the US it is a requirement to list through an agent.

I can’t stand the mixed metals. That random black door handle in the laundry to match the black light fixture, is just weird seeing there’s no other handles like it in the entire house.

Do you have to stand on a ladder to reach the controls on the dryer? Can it be stacked upside down?

Did anyone see her Insta story yesterday? WTF with kissing Joel’s face a hundred times? Why? Just why?

Holy cow on the stacking of washer and dryer. Looks like they may have done it to cover the fact the vent will be covered, or the cords won't reach outlet. Interested to hear if anyone uses their front-loads this way.

Beautiful window view in the basement.

Poor layout in bathroom with light that is not centered on mirror.
Last edited by Happy+Charlie on Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Holy cow on the stacking of washer and dryer. Looks like they may have done it to cover the fact the vent will be covered up by one of them or cords won't reach the outlet. Interested to hear if anyone uses their front-loads this way.

Beautiful window view in the basement.

Poor layout in bathroom with light that is not centered on mirror.
itsbeenawhile_55
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by itsbeenawhile_55 »

Correct, they could do a private listing but I imagine they want people to think this was a legit flip, sold to someone who liked their home that wouldn't be "biased". Also, would not be shocked if the realtor they used was a friend... either way their listing description was horrible.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

itsbeenawhile_55 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:35 pm

Correct, they could do a private listing but I imagine they want people to think this was a legit flip, sold to someone who liked their home that wouldn't be "biased". Also, would not be shocked if the realtor they used was a friend... either way their listing description was horrible.
Didn't Ellie do something similar?

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”