8 Passengers: can't stop lying, freeze drying, or impulse buying! | Part 19

JustMeAndMyDogs
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: can't stop lying, freeze drying, or impulse buying! | Part 19

Unread post by JustMeAndMyDogs »

Woopsies, dropped my keyboard and accidentally posted this comment before I was finished with it. Take 2:

Greetings, YTMDramaCritics. Long-time lurker, have finally decided to join this "Franke discussion" of, well, the Frankes. It's kind of impressive that this (entire, extended) family can so consistently rise above all the background internet noise and make me go "Huh? What the...? They did NOT just...oh, yup, they absolutely did. Geez Louise, those poor kids." Or words to that effect. I've watched Franke Family Fun videos pretty regularly (off and on) over the past several years but I just can't handle the constant cringe anymore. Thanks to everyone here for enabling me to indulge my morbid curiosity about these people without having to actually watch/listen to these people.

As representatives of marriage, parenting, pet ownership, online "content creators," and/or adulthood, this bunch is just so odd. And off. By choosing what to post and what not to post, they're able to present themselves exactly how they want to. The way they want to, evidently, is just so... well, you all know. You've seen the videos. The only way Ruby and Kevin can offer the world anything useful or helpful is in the context of a "Don't Let This Happen to You" cautionary tale.

One lesson might be: Don't marry a teenager (Ruby) you (Kevin) JUST MET during the Christmas break following the teenager's first college term. And if you do, don't bother acting all shocked and confused a few hours, days, weeks, months, years, decades down the road as you continually learn stuff -- both of you -- that you might wish you'd known before the wedding. Honestly, what did they think would happen. Yeah, sure, Ruby was a beautiful bride and I guess that's, well, something, but in the long run, as well as the not-so-long run, it's not something that can contribute much to the foundation of a life together. A person would have to be pretty shallow to think it counted for much. (Ahem.)

So in case anyone hasn't seen it:

And likewise:

(Skip ahead to the 17 minute mark for a scary glimpse into Ruby's tender, teenage psyche.)

That's about all I have to say, for now. I realize I haven't actually said much -- just used a lot of words to say it.

'Night, all. I hope everyone's safe and warm out there.
Wonderfreedom123
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Wonderfreedom123 »

Did anyone see yesterday on her insta stories Ruby has bought a huge generator. Guess its more doomsday planning but its huge. Also she said she spent all of yesterday in the kitchen making food, So who's doing school with the kids? The last vlogs have been anything but school, no math, English or science mentioned but lots of theatre and swimming and field trips. I wonder how behind they are in school and if they've learnt anything of benefit at all this year. Baking, swimming, circuits making and theatre are cool but they are not substitutes for actual math, English, Science, history etc. Surely if they are of interest they could do them after school in a club or at the weekend.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

From what I gathered from this site, Utah doesn't test home schooled kids. I just can't believe not wanting your kids to be educated. My kids all were raised that going to school was necessary and it was important to do your best. All of them went to college and all are working in totally different fields from each other. Working at start up tech company, farmer, commercial real estate developer, college professor.
Educating your kids opens their horizons to see where their passions are and then how to make it a career. She is stifling those kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

So Shari is on the way to the ER because she has been having headaches and has lost field of vision in one eye. She mentions Multiple Sclerosis because she has "white legions" on MRI (very common in migraine as well, which I think she started to say and then just mentioned MS). She hasn't seen a neurologist yet. She did mention swelling in the optic nerves, but I swear this is something she has been told on past eye checks and they ignored.

She tends to self diagnose the worst case scenario like her Aunt Bonnie, so it will be interesting to see what the ER says. If she is looking for an MS diagnosis, they usually leave that to a neurologist. From personal experience, all they will do is another scan to make sure there is nothing urgent like a stroke happening, and treat the migraine if she currently has one. If she hadn't said she lost vision over 3 days, I would have guessed ocular migraines, but you only lose vision temporarily. I sure hope she is just panicking after playing doctor Google again, and it isn't something serious. Like the rest of her family, she isn't a reliable narrator....

Can they diagnose and treat optic neuritis in the ER and give her some steroids? I have never had that.

ETA: What ever happened to that leg surgery she was pursuing? Did she even get the diagnostic test done?
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Of course she has to take a maskless ER selfie. She wouldn't be a Griffiths if she didn't.
Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 3.34.59 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Wow, and Kevin just had some major knee surgery and is attached to this metal contraption. It looks like he is unable to even get up at this point. What are the chances of all this happening at the same time!?!?
Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 3.55.07 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Wow, that sounds scary! Is that common to have to wait 3 weeks to get into a neurologist when a 17 yr old has lost vision in their eye?! as a parent, I would have been pushing for a next day visit. Even scarier that she is continually losing more vision.

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

freshbalsam wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:11 pm Wow, that sounds scary! Is that common to have to wait 3 weeks to get into a neurologist when a 17 yr old has lost vision in their eye?! as a parent, I would have been pushing for a next day visit. Even scarier that she is continually losing more vision.

Yes unfortunately. I was so scared after I started having migraines with stroke like symptoms that I flew to another time zone to get an MRI the next week with a neuro who was a family friend. 3 weeks is actually pretty quick for a neuro in the US unfortunately. My current neuro schedules 6 months out. The geneticist is 18 months.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote:
freshbalsam wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:11 pm Wow, that sounds scary! Is that common to have to wait 3 weeks to get into a neurologist when a 17 yr old has lost vision in their eye?! as a parent, I would have been pushing for a next day visit. Even scarier that she is continually losing more vision.

Yes unfortunately. I was so scared after I started having migraines with stroke like symptoms that I flew to another time zone to get an MRI the next week with a neuro who was a family friend. 3 weeks is actually pretty quick for a neuro in the US unfortunately. My current neuro schedules 6 months out. The geneticist is 18 months.
My son was having weekly debilitating migraines when he was turning 14. The pediatric neurologist couldn't see him for 5 months. My pediatrician had us to see him in the next morning before hours. My pediatrician was excellent and was a true advocate for his patients. I don't see the Frankes or any other member of the Griffith family having a pediatrician that really looks out after them. Otherwise they would not have been behind with their vaccines.

Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Ducklings4 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:05 pm

My son was having weekly debilitating migraines when he was turning 14. The pediatric neurologist couldn't see him for 5 months. My pediatrician had us to see him in the next morning before hours. My pediatrician was excellent and was a true advocate for his patients. I don't see the Frankes or any other member of the Griffith family having a pediatrician that really looks out after them. Otherwise they would not have been behind with their vaccines.

Yeah, the only way to get in quickly is to have a good relationship with your doctor. The Frankes don't seem to believe in medical care for kids. They are doing a spinal tap on Shari, so at least it sounds like they are taking her seriously in the ER and attempting diagnosis....which isn't always the case.

ETA: While I appreciate Shari's play-by-play just to satisfy my morbid curiosity, I find it incredibly disturbing that she feels the need to share such an experience with complete strangers. She is always asking her fans to diagnose her and give her medical advice. Ruby really did a number on these poor kids.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:56 pm Wow, and Kevin just had some major knee surgery and is attached to this metal contraption. It looks like he is unable to even get up at this point. What are the chances of all this happening at the same time!?!?

Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 3.55.07 PM.png
It looks like a CPM machine. He needs to use the "knee-bendy thing" for six hours a day (IG). He had a less invasive surgery and that's is a good thing at his age.
CPM, or continuous passive motion, is a machine that slowly and gently flexes and extends the knee.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:16 pm Yeah, the only way to get in quickly is to have a good relationship with your doctor. The Frankes don't seem to believe in medical care for kids. They are doing a spinal tap on Shari, so at least it sounds like they are taking her seriously in the ER and attempting diagnosis....which isn't always the case.

ETA: While I appreciate Shari's play-by-play just to satisfy my morbid curiosity, I find it incredibly disturbing that she feels the need to share such an experience with complete strangers. She is always asking her fans to diagnose her and give her medical advice. Ruby really did a number on these poor kids.
So it appears they are ruling things out with a spinal tap. I'm perplexed with the chain of events since she doesn't talk about seeing a physician who would order the MRI and could diagnosis an eye field cut by a neurology example, but instead an eye doctor told her this. But again, it is difficult to know the time line of the MRI and eye doctor visit.
I'm not sure if I would go to it could be MS at this point. I didn't hear her talk about other symptoms of MS. Her main problem was headaches? If there is something serious going on, I'd assume she could be admitted?
Last edited by YTIG60 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CognitiveDissonance
Talker
Talker

Unread post by CognitiveDissonance »

They are doing the spinal now. I hope it shows something and can relieve Shari's mind. What sucks is if it's fine and they just send her home. She's got to be scared. And I'm 100% sure Ruby told her to post about going to ER so people will watch 8 Passenger videos to find out what is happening.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

YTIG60 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:28 pm
Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:16 pm Yeah, the only way to get in quickly is to have a good relationship with your doctor. The Frankes don't seem to believe in medical care for kids. They are doing a spinal tap on Shari, so at least it sounds like they are taking her seriously in the ER and attempting diagnosis....which isn't always the case.

So it appears they are ruling things out with a spinal tap. I'm perplexed with the chain of events since she doesn't talk about seeing a physician who would order the MRI and could diagnosis an eye field cut by a neurology example, but instead an eye doctor told her this. But again, it is difficult to know the time line of the MRI and eye doctor visit.
I'm not sure if I would go to it could be MS at this point. I didn't hear her talk about other symptoms of MS. Her main problem was headaches? If there is something serious going on, I'd assume she could be admitted?
Thanks for the info on the "knee machine". I have had knee surgery, but "growing a new knee" is out of my wheel house.

You can get an MRI these days without a Neuro, and access the results. And if you are having migraines, chances are the results will say "white matter abnormalities" which are also associated with MS. People rarely have MS though, which is why going to the Neuro is critical before freaking out like Shari is doing. It also seems weird that an eye doctor would tell her to go to the ER. Her symptoms are months of headaches with visual symptoms (that sound like migraines), although losing her field of vision over the course of 3 days is pretty concerning. That part sounds self diagnosed by Shari after the eye doctor told her to monitor it and go to the ER if it changes.

Like most of her stories, this one makes little sense. It sounds like she is getting the right tests in the ER though, so she should have some answers soon.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Soooo are Utah doctors just totally lackadaisical? She says the spinal tap results can be anywhere from 8-15 or 15-25 (not sure if these are even correct) and doesn’t give what hers was, but continues to say “they don’t really know if it’s high or not” and sent her home!

Shari has always seemed a little hypochondriac-like to me so I imagine she is off with the MS self-diagnosis, however, I feel like it is a little weird that she has pretty significant symptoms and the hospital has inconclusive results and just sent her on her way.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

freshbalsam wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:53 pm Soooo are Utah doctors just totally lackadaisical? She says the spinal tap results can be anywhere from 8-15 or 15-25 (not sure if these are even correct) and doesn’t give what hers was, but continues to say “they don’t really know if it’s high or not” and sent her home!

Shari has always seemed a little hypochondriac-like to me so I imagine she is off with the MS self-diagnosis, however, I feel like it is a little weird that she has pretty significant symptoms and the hospital has inconclusive results and just sent her on her way.
I assume that Shari thinks the pressure is high and the doctors told her it was normal. She just disagrees based on what she read on Google. She did the same thing to other doctors she has seen and believes she knows better. That jives with them sending her home. Although if her vision improved, that does suggest her symptoms were from intercranial pressure, which they just fixed with the lumbar puncture.

I know I was set after with pitchforks for bringing up the D word before, but high intercranial pressure is another common symptom, along with her lordosis, the numbness/pain in her legs, and the physical characteristics nobody wants me to mention. I will be really curious to hear what the Neuro has to say. I doubt the pathology report on the spinal fluid will be abnormal.

At least she has some relief and answers now, even if it isn't the complete picture.

ETA: It sounds like she made them guess a pressure, and they picked 22.
CognitiveDissonance
Talker
Talker

Unread post by CognitiveDissonance »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:22 pm
freshbalsam wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:53 pm Soooo are Utah doctors just totally lackadaisical? She says the spinal tap results can be anywhere from 8-15 or 15-25 (not sure if these are even correct) and doesn’t give what hers was, but continues to say “they don’t really know if it’s high or not” and sent her home!

I assume that Shari thinks the pressure is high and the doctors told her it was normal. She just disagrees based on what she read on Google. She did the same thing to other doctors she has seen and believes she knows better. That jives with them sending her home. Although if her vision improved, that does suggest her symptoms were from intercranial pressure, which they just fixed with the lumbar puncture.

I know I was set after with pitchforks for bringing up the D word before, but high intercranial pressure is another common symptom, along with her lordosis, the numbness/pain in her legs, and the physical characteristics nobody wants me to mention. I will be really curious to hear what the Neuro has to say. I doubt the pathology report on the spinal fluid will be abnormal.

At least she has some relief and answers now, even if it isn't the complete picture.

I wonder if her leg pain the past few years IS related? Sounds like it wasn't compartment syndrome like she thought it they didn't do surgery. She always seems to be having allergic reactions to stuff so I wonder if that feeds into her symptoms now (autoimmune). Ruby should have taken her to get tested after she gave Pringle away but still had swollen eyes and nose.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

My mind went exactly where yours did when I read the synopsis of events here. Im an RN but I think anyone who watched enough Little People Big World back in the day could draw similar conclusions lol.

YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:52 pm You can get an MRI these days without a Neuro, and access the results. And if you are having migraines, chances are the results will say "white matter abnormalities" which are also associated with MS. People rarely have MS though, which is why going to the Neuro is critical before freaking out like Shari is doing. It also seems weird that an eye doctor would tell her to go to the ER. Her symptoms are months of headaches with visual symptoms (that sound like migraines), although losing her field of vision over the course of 3 days is pretty concerning. That part sounds self diagnosed by Shari after the eye doctor told her to monitor it and go to the ER if it changes.

Like most of her stories, this one makes little sense. It sounds like she is getting the right tests in the ER though, so she should have some answers soon.
I'll preface this message it is speculation from what Shari told viewers and I'm not an expert.
I didn't necessarily mean Neuro or a speciality, but a physician who would order the MRI. However, I believe Ellie went to a diagnostic center and had a MRI it seemed without a physician order? We never heard her speak again about seeing a neurologist last summer.
With the Lumbar Puncture CFS fluid, they had some answers or lab results already and she was discharge to home.
Her mom tested her vision showing improvement. :? When did LP open pressures lab references become debatable. If her pressures were high along with her other symptoms, it might be a cause for admission.
My subjective opinion, this is reminiscent of her grandmother who had a heart attack or stage 3 kidney failure and come to find out she had kidney stones. It was good to see she actually looked fine in the IG stories and in recent vlogs while experiencing prolonged headaches for months. Has she continued driving with a vision field cut?
OKBee
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by OKBee »

Hi there, long time lurker here too (and sorry English is not my first language).
So this whole Shari drama really is something. I really wish that no one would have to suffer from stuff like she does but where should I start. I have a lot of friends working in the medical field so this family nauseates me constantly. There is plenty of evidence that COVID can bring neurological issues about, or trigger lingering neurological issues. Shari has been complaining about her legs and her eyes for a long time, so yeah I guess it could be the second one. This is exactly why they say, that people "with underlying health issues" are at high risk. Sometimes these underlying issues are not known yet, and yes young people can be sick too. This is WHY we all should take care of each other, and not pass around a cup a Covid positive family member drank from first.
And I am baffled by how obviously nobody is taking health issues seriously in that family (probably thinking they can pray it away). For a 17 year old girl to loose vision-field like that is NOT normal and has to be checked out as soon as possible. But no, they waited until she lost half of her vision field and went to the ER. I know the US is quite special when it comes to healthcare, and to be honest I am no longer shocked how this country has the highest preventable child death rate in all of the developped countries. Go and get your kids checked out if they are sick. Do not wait for something as dramatic as loosing your vision trigger a doctor appointment.
What really got me upset was the "praise" in her latest instagram post towards all healthcare workers. Guess what, if she and her family would have taken the whole pandemic more seriously, that would have been real appreciation of all healthcare workers. But this is just pathetic. Yes, doctors will abandon their Sunday steak for a girl that "just" lost her vision. But they would rather like them to see a doctor earlier and make sure that hospitals are not filled to the brim with sick and dying patients.

Return to “8 Passengers”