Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: can't stop lying, freeze drying, or impulse buying! | Part 19

Unread post by Catface2 »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:22 pm
freshbalsam wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:53 pm Soooo are Utah doctors just totally lackadaisical? She says the spinal tap results can be anywhere from 8-15 or 15-25 (not sure if these are even correct) and doesn’t give what hers was, but continues to say “they don’t really know if it’s high or not” and sent her home!

Shari has always seemed a little hypochondriac-like to me so I imagine she is off with the MS self-diagnosis, however, I feel like it is a little weird that she has pretty significant symptoms and the hospital has inconclusive results and just sent her on her way.
I assume that Shari thinks the pressure is high and the doctors told her it was normal. She just disagrees based on what she read on Google. She did the same thing to other doctors she has seen and believes she knows better. That jives with them sending her home. Although if her vision improved, that does suggest her symptoms were from intercranial pressure, which they just fixed with the lumbar puncture.

I know I was set after with pitchforks for bringing up the D word before, but high intercranial pressure is another common symptom, along with her lordosis, the numbness/pain in her legs, and the physical characteristics nobody wants me to mention. I will be really curious to hear what the Neuro has to say. I doubt the pathology report on the spinal fluid will be abnormal.

At least she has some relief and answers now, even if it isn't the complete picture.

ETA: It sounds like she made them guess a pressure, and they picked 22.
. I have always thought the same with her and D word. I worked with a lot of people who are D and she has the characteristics for it.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Kattiness Everdeen »

If anyone is curious about Intracranial Hypertension, I found this summary interesting. They use lumbar puncture to treat it as a last resort, like we saw with Shari. They also consider anything higher than "25" to be "high", while Shari was told "22", which is "borderline high". Although the number sounded like more of a guess than a measurement by doctors per Shari.

The causes are interesting though, since she is not overweight in the slightest, it suggests the secondary type. The secondary type is often induced by drugs or vitamins. Does anyone remember what is in all those supplements she pounds every day? They don't list MS as a common cause.

https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/ ... ertension/

"Secondary intracranial hypertension has an identifiable, causative agent, including drugs (such as tetracycline, lithium, Vitamin A-derived oral acne medications or excessive ingestion of Vitamin A, and oral or intrathecal steroids, growth hormone treatments), sleep apnea and certain systemic diseases such as lupus, leukemia, kidney failure (uremia), meningitis and dural venous sinus thrombosis."
nylady
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by nylady »

Late to the party here but Ruby buying Chad cargo pants for his birthday was hilariously out of touch. And then she said they were for wearing on dates?!?! Lol. The whole family seemed to be laughing at her, including Kevin, who obviously had no clue what she had bought as presents (which is a whole other issue).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bk513
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by bk513 »

I'm sorry, but am I going nuts? Why are we censoring the word "dwarfism?" I disagree that it's a likely diagnosis, but it's a legitimate medical term.
Liv94
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Liv94 »

bk513 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:48 pm I'm sorry, but am I going nuts? Why are we censoring the word "dwarfism?" I disagree that it's a likely diagnosis, but it's a legitimate medical term.
Exactly and there is nothing shameful about it, it is the same as when we say Abby has acne or Julie had a flat head. No biggy, she is a beautiful girl, just as much as Abby and Julie. I’m actually surprised it isn’t an official diagnosis for her, for years I thought it was an official fact, it’s pretty evident in full body pics, specially when she stands next to her friends.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

Unread post by boychik0830 »

Shari is having a party at her house and of course her and her friends aren't wearing masks and they should be.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

mikaydean
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mikaydean »

Liv94 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:40 pm
bk513 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:48 pm I'm sorry, but am I going nuts? Why are we censoring the word "dwarfism?" I disagree that it's a likely diagnosis, but it's a legitimate medical term.
Exactly and there is nothing shameful about it, it is the same as when we say Abby has acne or Julie had a flat head. No biggy, she is a beautiful girl, just as much as Abby and Julie. I’m actually surprised it isn’t an official diagnosis for her, for years I thought it was an official fact, it’s pretty evident in full body pics, specially when she stands next to her friends.
The way she holds her arms and the way the sleeves of the dress are also makes her look strange in the photo. Funny to see that the boy sitting behind her is just as tall sitting down 8-) .
Does anyone know how big/tall she says she is?
MiloandMax1
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by MiloandMax1 »

mikaydean wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:49 am
The way she holds her arms and the way the sleeves of the dress are also makes her look strange in the photo. Funny to see that the boy sitting behind her is just as tall sitting down 8-) .
In her why am I so short video she says 4'11
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

mikaydean wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:49 am
That word was deemed by mods to be a slur, and not a medical condition despite many people explaining it. It was quite a heated debate. I was also told that she is "too tall", despite doctors specifying average Hypochondroplasia heights going to 5'5". Shari claims to be 1/4" shy of 5' tall, but that doesn't jive with the heights of everyone around her. Julie is 5'3", Ruby is "barely" 5'2", and Abby is 5' tall, if that. Yet Abby is visibly about 1 inch taller than Shari in pictures.

The condition has never been mentioned by the Franke's explicitly, but they have talked at length about her short limbs and long torso, in addition to the lordosis and pain/numbness in her legs. She even went into detail about how she has to sit with her chest right up against the steering wheel because her legs are too short to reach the pedals when she sits properly. That is what started the discussion. The suggestion of getting pedal extensions for the car like other people with similar proportions get, to keep that carload of kids safe.
Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 2.29.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 2.29.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 2.31.27 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikaydean
Amateur
Amateur

The word dwarf is considered offensive by many little people. A neutral term to describe individuals with dwarfism is little people. A friend of mine (who is small) once explained that being called "a dwarf" is to him the same as calling a colored person the "N" word. So little people often experience the word with a nasty sound and taste.

Kattiness Everdeen, I agree that Abby is bigger than Shari. Here in the Netherlands the following is said about having dwarfism. Dwarf is an informal term for someone who is (much) shorter than average. It generally refers to anyone who is less than 1.55 m (5,1 feet) in height as an adult. Shari has clearly grown out and can therefore be counted as an adult. But there will be people who are not "little people" and yet small.
Shouldn't say it, but doubt if Shari is helping herself with all that training for muscles. It makes her look even smaller if you ask me.
missiontan
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by missiontan »

I guess I don't know what the big deal is. Some people can have a short stature or have a bone growth disorder, but why debate whether you think they have one condition or another? It just seems weird to scrutinize a young person's body this way.
Kattiness Everdeen
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

missiontan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:26 pm I guess I don't know what the big deal is. Some people can have a short stature or have a bone growth disorder, but why debate whether you think they have one condition or another? It just seems weird to scrutinize a young person's body this way.
Because she talks about her body/health issues incessantly, and regularly asks for viewer feedback on them?

We talk about every vlogger's content; I guess I have just have never understood why this particular vlogger is off-limits.
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

Shari got a college letter in the latest video and I don't have to watch it to know where she is going. She is automatically going to byu. She applied to those other places but She had no intentions on going to those other colleges she only applied to those other colleges for video content.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

ctx2002
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ctx2002 »

I'll save you a click and say today's video was her acceptance letter into BYU. She also applied to Boston University, George Washington University, and the University of Pennsylvania. Boston and GW both have acceptance rates below 20% compared to 65% for BYU, so we'll see.
golden12345f
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by golden12345f »

Couldn't help but laugh when Ruby said it's hard to get into byu. I'm not even from the US and even I know it's easy. Just out of curiosity, I looked up where byu ranked globally among all universities, and besides the fact that it doesn't even make the times higher education list (which I didn't even think was possible), according to QS world university rankings it's simply ranked at 1001+, which really isn't great as they only give scores to the first 1000, and then the rest are 1001+.
missiontan
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by missiontan »

Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:55 pm
missiontan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:26 pm I guess I don't know what the big deal is. Some people can have a short stature or have a bone growth disorder, but why debate whether you think they have one condition or another? It just seems weird to scrutinize a young person's body this way.
Because she talks about her body/health issues incessantly, and regularly asks for viewer feedback on them?

We talk about every vlogger's content; I guess I have just have never understood why this particular vlogger is off-limits.
I don't watch this family regularly. So I do apologize, but who talks about her health? Is it her mother or the girl?
boychik0830
Talker
Talker

ctx2002 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:08 am I'll save you a click and say today's video was her acceptance letter into BYU. She also applied to Boston University, George Washington University, and the University of Pennsylvania. Boston and GW both have acceptance rates below 20% compared to 65% for BYU, so we'll see.
It doesn't matter if she gets in to the other colleges she is going to byu no matter what.
Happy+Charlie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Happy+Charlie »

It's real sad when you know your mother only wants you to hold off announcing news so she can capture it for YouTube and make money and NOT because she gives a damn about you or your life. At what point will kids of YouTube be able to be spontaneous with when and what they do and say.

Also, Shari says, "I don't need scholarships." Ok, it's wonderful that Shari has the funds to cover education. She should notify the school so they can give the scholarship to someone else cause there are many, many students who need it badly and will be appreciative and honored to receive scholarships/grants. She could have kept that thought to herself.
mikaydean
Amateur
Amateur

missiontan wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:10 am
Kattiness Everdeen wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:55 pm

I don't watch this family regularly. So I do apologize, but who talks about her health? Is it her mother or the girl?
Both talk about it, alone and togetter. They also film some stuff at the doctors about it.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Happy+Charlie wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:07 am It's real sad when you know your mother only wants you to hold off announcing news so she can capture it for YouTube and make money and NOT because she gives a damn about you or your life. At what point will kids of YouTube be able to be spontaneous with when and what they do and say.

Also, Shari says, "I don't need scholarships." Ok, it's wonderful that Shari has the funds to cover education. She should notify the school so they can give the scholarship to someone else cause there are many, many students who need it badly and will be appreciative and honored to receive scholarships/grants. She could have kept that thought to herself.
She doesn't need the scholarship because she knows she's going to BYU and will get in half price (or possibly more). If she was going to BU, she would care because it costs around $56K a year for tuition and housing. I doubt she has that much saved.

Return to “8 Passengers”