Phil and Alex: Boob Juice Infatuation & Heart Defect Exploitation! | Part 11

IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Phil and Alex: Boob Juice Infatuation & Heart Defect Exploitation! | Part 11

Unread post by IVFwarrior »

SazzleRah wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:59 pm
sondraK wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:51 pm
SazzleRah wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:57 pm

In the UK... 50% of your PROFIT has to go back in to the “cause” or towards mission statement... but you can pay yourself WHATEVER you like. So as an example if you turn over £1m and the staff salaries and “costs” come to £950k then you have £50k remaining... then £25k needs to go back into the cause and the further £25k can be taken out by shareholders (Phil and Alex!!) or kept as retained profit for future ventures. Basically, they could turnover £1m and only need to put £25k back into the cause.

*Not sure if it is the same in the USA? X
That sounds better than it is here.At least something is going back into it
Not necessarily... as another poster said they could take 100% of the proceeds saying they’re costs and salary.... it’s only The profit that needs to be split and, as the profit comes after everything else has been deducted, you could literally be left with a penny to pop back in to the cause.

Name implies something done at cost, and is often misunderstood as such but it’s actually cleverly worded.

Exactly - they can still be a not for profit, with Phil paying himself a salary using 100% of the donations.
SazzleRah
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Re: Phil and Alex: Boob Juice Infatuation & Heart Defect Exploitation! | Part 11

Unread post by SazzleRah »

Sounds so noble when they say “not for profit” now ey? Lol x
IVFwarrior
Informer
Informer

Unread post by IVFwarrior »

SazzleRah wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:23 pm Sounds so noble when they say “not for profit” now ey? Lol x
It never sounded noble, it was always a complete fraud.

Even last year they made a big deal about building a desk in Kinsley and Callie's room in the RV because "Phil has to have an office." They clearly did that so they could claim the RV costs as a business expense. We never saw him use it.

The whole thing is one big fraud. I wouldn't be surprised if they are running most of the youtube income through the not-for-profit too, given that they describe the not for profit as providing support to people with infertility through "educational videos"....
ChickyChickyParmParm
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ChickyChickyParmParm »

IVFwarrior wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:48 am
SazzleRah wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:23 pm Sounds so noble when they say “not for profit” now ey? Lol x

Even last year they made a big deal about building a desk in Kinsley and Callie's room in the RV because "Phil has to have an office." They clearly did that so they could claim the RV costs as a business expense. We never saw him use it.

The whole thing is one big fraud. I wouldn't be surprised if they are running most of the youtube income through the not-for-profit too, given that they describe the not for profit as providing support to people with infertility through "educational videos"....
That is such a joke. Their videos are not "education" in the slightest. In fact, several of them are full of bunk science and outright lies. Remember when Dr. Hatch told Alex her body was performing CPR on her embryo? Or Alex's ridiculous advice about non-toxic makeup and cleaning products to help with infertility? Or Alex's many stupid cleanses that did absolutely nothing to help them conceive?
It's frightening that they tout themselves as any source of knowledge.
rwcjd87
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by rwcjd87 »

ChickyChickyParmParm wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:09 am

That is such a joke. Their videos are not "education" in the slightest. In fact, several of them are full of bunk science and outright lies. Remember when Dr. Hatch told Alex her body was performing CPR on her embryo? Or Alex's ridiculous advice about non-toxic makeup and cleaning products to help with infertility? Or Alex's many stupid cleanses that did absolutely nothing to help them conceive?
And not just a source of knowledge I think they used to word expert of infertility and marriage? Um what...
PinkMoscato
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PinkMoscato »

rwcjd87 wrote:
IVFwarrior wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:48 am It never sounded noble, it was always a complete fraud.

And not just a source of knowledge I think they used to word expert of infertility and marriage? Um what...
Just because you’ve done something or have gone through something doesn’t make you an expert. It’s ridiculous that Alex thinks she is.

I have a brain tumor and I’m no expert. Sure, now I know more about this particular type of issue than the average person, but I maybe know 1% of what an actual expert knows. Having been through infertility doesn’t make them experts.

Being married doesn’t make them experts. The majority of people in this world will get married. I wouldn’t trust marriage advice from most of them. Maybe if they were an 80 year old couple who had been happily and blissfully married for 50+ years, but their relationship isn’t even remarkably good. It seems mediocre at best.
ChickyChickyParmParm
Talker
Talker

PinkMoscato wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:16 pm
rwcjd87 wrote:

Just because you’ve done something or have gone through something doesn’t make you an expert. It’s ridiculous that Alex thinks she is.

I have a brain tumor and I’m no expert. Sure, now I know more about this particular type of issue than the average person, but I maybe know 1% of what an actual expert knows. Having been through infertility doesn’t make them experts.

Being married doesn’t make them experts. The majority of people in this world will get married. I wouldn’t trust marriage advice from most of them. Maybe if they were an 80 year old couple who had been happily and blissfully married for 50+ years, but their relationship isn’t even remarkably good. It seems mediocre at best.
Especially when you consider that Alex likes to present an image of perfection. Leading a marriage conference requires you to be vulnerable and honest about your shortcomings. There will be attendees dealing with infidelity, addiction, divorce, etc. They want to hear from someone they can identify with, not a couple who talks about how great they are together and how they work through all their problems with smiles and positivity.

And sorry to hear about your brain tumor. My husband was diagnosed with a stage II oligodendroglioma 9 years ago, and I agree with you - that doesn't make us experts. At best I feel qualified to make a couple YouTube videos about treatment expectations and how to be supportive. Phil and Alex just want to make an easy buck and they don't care who it hurts.
RottieMama
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by RottieMama »

Hey ladies! It’s time for a new thread! Please comment your title suggestions down below, and the one with the most “likes/thanks” after we hit 1,000 posts, will be selected!
SazzleRah
Amateur
Amateur

Screeching, Leeching, Fake Teaching and Preaching
sondraK
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sondraK »

i know! I got pregnant eating chips and drinking Pepsi.Diet isn't always the problem.
Yes,I changed it after finding out I was pregnant :)
Here_2_talk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Here_2_talk »

Wonder if the constant handling of chickens and bad hygiene is to blame for the stomach bug?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sondraK
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by sondraK »

Here_2_talk wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:54 pm Wonder if the constant handling of chickens and bad hygiene is to blame for the stomach bug?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep.I'm wondering if they had salmonella poisoning.
I also wonder if they wash the eggs very well
FlowersTar 68
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by FlowersTar 68 »

At least Cassidy was OK as she is breastfeeding *rollseyes

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Amsouthernbell
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Amsouthernbell »

Title suggestion

“No Plan, no commitment, clickbait titles and still rambling about the golden breast milk child”
PinkMoscato
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PinkMoscato »

Phil and Alex: Little House on the Prairie and Only Wanting a Boy Baby
ChickyChickyParmParm
Talker
Talker

Phil and Alex: Jackass of all trades
SazzleRah
Amateur
Amateur

Procrastinating Pastor and the Homestead of Screechers
SazzleRah
Amateur
Amateur

Mug Grasping, Vocal Rasping and Thumbnail Gasping
SazzleRah
Amateur
Amateur

I got 99 projects and ain’t finished one
Hyacinth
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hyacinth »

Phil and Alex: Our bio kid is such a disappointment

Return to “Phil and Alex”