Bonnie Hoellein: Everything stinks, click my affiliate links! | Part 63

shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Everything stinks, click my affiliate links! | Part 63

Unread post by shortstop »

I rolled my eyes so much in today’s vlog.
shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by shortstop »

So I want to know what Lincoln’s last present was. Did he get anything for himself besides that pillow ???
hudson
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hudson »

...and what a surprise! Stitches for Lincoln. Guess he's earned his "manly" stripes.
Cece7859
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Cece7859 »

Vlogmas this year?? Must need money for the house they are building!!
thursdayicecream
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by thursdayicecream »

Wow, this forum is dead lol. I skimmed the latest vlog for the first time in probably a year and it’s so shocking. Bonnie looks terrible. Not one thing about her appearance is flattering. And I don’t like to talk negatively about the kids but this is more a reflection on Bonnie and Joel…why are they letting/encouraging/makeup Olivia grow up before her time? The makeup and clothes are more like she’s 15, not BARELY 12. It’s entirely too much and it seems like she’s even trying to act older…which I know a lot of kids do but it’s especially cringe with the context of this family.

The letter to Santa thing…are Cody and Olivia not too old for that? If they’re not that’s great but it seems like there are more age appropriate holiday things they could do. It’s sweet for Boston and Lincoln though. And I still believed in Santa until I was 12 so I probably don’t have room to talk but I know that’s fairly unusual lol. I can’t believe how big Lincoln and Boston are, though 😭😭 . If I thought it’d get there in time, I’d send Boston the big teddy bear to the PO Box for him lol. Did anyone notice when they showed the snippet of them playing in the snow, he was in the middle of the street and no one was paying attention? 😬
thursdayicecream
Amateur
Amateur

Sorry for double posting, idk who I'm even talking to anyway...but it drives me nuts and breaks my heart the way this family will practically froth at the mouth over the boys. THE BOYS, THE BOYS, THE BOYS!!! Bonnie is literally obsessed with her sons. It's very clear that she and Joel both see their daughter as different and separate. Yes, I do think they love her just as much, but in a different way. And it's clear that at least for Bonnie, this attitude comes straight down the line from her own parents. I skimmed her mom's Instagram and the "there's nothing quite like a little boy" thing is said no less than 3 times in the span of a year and that's just what I saw, I didn't click every picture or read every caption. Then over on Grandpa Griff's, he posts the pics & story of how his grandsons bring him their first pair of boots once they outgrow them around 1st grade and he fills them with things of his and momentos. Just the grandsons. Like, why is everything so needlessly gendered with these people? Why do the girls not get boots too, and get to participate in this? Does he have any special traditions with them? It really doesn't seem like it.

Bonnie is without a doubt going to be that mother-in-law who loathes all of her son's wives and believes no one will ever be good enough for her boys (which she still be calling them at 40).
LadySmiley1984
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by LadySmiley1984 »

thursdayicecream wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:08 pm Wow, this forum is dead lol. I skimmed the latest vlog for the first time in probably a year and it’s so shocking. Bonnie looks terrible. Not one thing about her appearance is flattering. And I don’t like to talk negatively about the kids but this is more a reflection on Bonnie and Joel…why are they letting/encouraging/makeup Olivia grow up before her time? The makeup and clothes are more like she’s 15, not BARELY 12. It’s entirely too much and it seems like she’s even trying to act older…which I know a lot of kids do but it’s especially cringe with the context of this family.

The letter to Santa thing…are Cody and Olivia not too old for that? If they’re not that’s great but it seems like there are more age appropriate holiday things they could do. It’s sweet for Boston and Lincoln though. And I still believed in Santa until I was 12 so I probably don’t have room to talk but I know that’s fairly unusual lol. I can’t believe how big Lincoln and Boston are, though 😭😭 . If I thought it’d get there in time, I’d send Boston the big teddy bear to the PO Box for him lol. Did anyone notice when they showed the snippet of them playing in the snow, he was in the middle of the street and no one was paying attention? 😬
For the letters to Santa, they might know. But I am a mom of a 10 year old who was still a hardcore believer until we told her the truth in August of this year. She still wrote a letter to Santa, still sat on his lap, still told him what she wanted and she is playing along because of her younger sister. So I am guessing that at least Olivia knows but she is still participating otherwise the rest of them will wonder why she is not participating and lead to more questions and them not believing in Santa as long.

I am not big on makeup or anything on young girls either but my parents rules were light makeup when we hit middle school (7th grade) and we have the same rule for our daughter but she will hit middle school sooner (her's starts in 6th grade). So about the same age as Olivia.

And the street, they show their street a lot and I rarely see vehicles go down it. I am assuming that they live on a street that is not that busy and it is normal for kids to play in the middle of the street as I am pretty sure they are in a subdivision. That is how our street was growing up....we were ALWAYS in the middle of the street and just keeping a eye/ear open for vehicles. But the street I am currently on, there is no way I would let my kids play in the street.....a lot more traffic, people drive faster than the speed limit, more blind spots, etc.
thursdayicecream
Amateur
Amateur

You make fair points, LadySmiley! The part that bothered me the most was Boston near the street but you're totally right it's probably not a big deal in their area. I guess I'm just biased because people around me drive like bats out of hell all hours of the day lol.

I've actually been enjoying their Christmas vlogs. Bonnie has mellowed a little bit IMO. Only one thing bothered me a little...I wonder how Olivia feels about matching with her little brother at the pool lol. Maybe it doesn't bother her (she and Lincoln got matching swimsuits and Cody and Boston got matching ones as well for anyone not keeping up) but my mom was vehemently against kids matching growing up because she said it's not treating them like individuals and I kind of feel that way too. Oh, and I really hope it just seems like Lincoln has been wearing that flannel onesie for about 4 days straight and that's not the reality.
hudson
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by hudson »

...and today they announced that they are going to RV full time and home school their kids. Lord help those poor kids being '''''taught" by those two numbskulls...
thursdayicecream
Amateur
Amateur

OMG I just saw that they're going full-time RV living and home schooling the kids. I literally thought it was an April Fool's joke I had missed until I checked the date of the post on Instagram. Nooo! It's so weird because I was JUST thinking how surprised I am Bonnie and Joel have their kids in public school, for a multitude or reasons. I was home schooled and all I'm gonna say is that the narrative of how much smarter home school kids are is pretty well balanced out by how completely unprepared being at home day in and day out leaves you for the real world.
geezlouise_99
Talker
Talker

Unread post by geezlouise_99 »

thursdayicecream wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:03 pm OMG I just saw that they're going full-time RV living and home schooling the kids. I literally thought it was an April Fool's joke I had missed until I checked the date of the post on Instagram. Nooo! It's so weird because I was JUST thinking how surprised I am Bonnie and Joel have their kids in public school, for a multitude or reasons. I was home schooled and all I'm gonna say is that the narrative of how much smarter home school kids are is pretty well balanced out by how completely unprepared being at home day in and day out leaves you for the real world.
her brother home schools it's pretty common now wow in my country since covid
lip
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lip »

I only watch occasinally, so I have a question: They started to build a house near a lake/river. Is this going to be just a holiday home?
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

lip wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:57 pm I only watch occasinally, so I have a question: They started to build a house near a lake/river. Is this going to be just a holiday home?
I don't know if I believe this. I can't believe they are going to travel in an RV with 4 kids and homeschool them. Why build a custom home if you're going to do that? I think she's pulling our leg. Besides, Bonnie and Joel are so illiterate. How are they going to teach anybody anything?
jeremybilbrey1
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by jeremybilbrey1 »

I don't watch this channel very often, but the most recent video came up on youtube and I watched it until one of the boys didnt clean his closet and the look on this kids face as they belittled him on camera was insane...he was almost to tears...stressing these kids out over a closet was ridiculous.
thursdayicecream
Amateur
Amateur

Looks like this forum is still pretty dead…I just wanted to say I’ll never cease to be amazed by the things these folks not only allow, but encourage their kids to do. Cody jumping off the roof in the Thanksgiving vlog? Good grief. It makes me question if my family was just overprotective, or they really are as crazy as I think. Because both of my parents would’ve keeled over on the spot.
imjustasimplefarmer
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by imjustasimplefarmer »

thursdayicecream wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:01 pm Looks like this forum is still pretty dead…I just wanted to say I’ll never cease to be amazed by the things these folks not only allow, but encourage their kids to do. Cody jumping off the roof in the Thanksgiving vlog? Good grief. It makes me question if my family was just overprotective, or they really are as crazy as I think. Because both of my parents would’ve keeled over on the spot.
Lincoln actually cut off an entire finger. Like... Hello?????
imjustasimplefarmer
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by imjustasimplefarmer »

*entire chunk of his finger, sorry

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”