Daily Bumps: On The Road To Nowhere (part 109)

Germany2263
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Germany2263 »

Well I received the notification someone posted. I see their things on Instagram. I didn’t know they moved. Not surprised though. Bryan wants to make it in country music. I don’t think he’s too old. He’s just not very good.
wordymouse
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Re: Daily Bumps: On The Road To Nowhere (part 109)

Unread post by wordymouse »

It's a bummer this forum isn't active anymore, because I could finally contribute! haha I live relatively close to their new TN home. Just to get the family thing out of the way... I'm pretty sure her parents are moving here. The way I understood it, they will stay with them until they find a place? I wasn't paying too close of attention. Her sister isn't planning to move right now, because they are in driving distance, but she did say maybe one day.

Every once in a while I'd check in on what DB had posted online. When they mentioned coming to Nashville, I was super intrigued. Home prices have exploding around here the last few years (I mean, probably everywhere, but I can only speak about what I know lol), so the type of home they purchased would speak to how much $$$ they actually retained from their prime days.

I'm super nosy, so I did find their property online, but I'm not a fan of doxing people. So I won't put any super specific details that haven't been mentioned by DB themselves.

When I first heard them mention Columbia . . . I was a bit shocked. Definitely not a dream place to live lol. Missy even made some comment about how they kept experiencing things that made them feel like the right place for them, which made me think, wow-- they must be broke! (well, in the no longer having millions way, not BROKE haha) ... Missy mentioned having a aunt that lives here, so I guess that made a little more sense... Anyways, that's not where they bought, but Columbia is a close "city". They moved to a small town where the cost of living is very low. From the vibes I got, they wanted to be closer to Nashville, but realized they couldn't afford what they wanted. But, I have to say, I'm super impressed by the place they purchased! For less than 1 mil, they got a partially furnished, renovated house with a finished basement, in ground pool, separate record studio, and 30 acres. The area kind of sucks, but if you work from home & home school, that doesn't matter too much. I think a similar property in a nicer area would EASILY be 300k more. ... They've talked about building on the land in the future, so I'm wondering if that means build homes for her family. The current house isn't great for when the kids get older, so I think they will custom build a home, let her parents or sister live in the original house. Possibly build a third house for whomever is left over.

They keep saying things about how God has led them in the right right direction, how everything is perfect for them, blah blah blah . . . I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes to that stuff. BUT . . . it really does seem like things have worked out perfectly for them. The probably seems like exactly what they wanted / didn't know they needed, and they seem genuinely happy. So I'm happy for them!! I'm looking forward to seeing what they do around the property and their journey as Tennessean.

They've made a lot of comments about the rain and the humidity... Oh boy. They're in for it lol. It's regularly 90 degrees in the summer, and the heat index makes it feel much hotter. Random tornadoes will be pretty scary if they've never experienced. During the winter, the few days it snows and/or gets icy, they will be trapped at home.

I'll stop rambling now since idk if anyone will even read this haha I'll check back later though.
tilvacuumdousfart
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by tilvacuumdousfart »

wordymouse wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:34 pm

I'm super nosy, so I did find their property online, but I'm not a fan of doxing people. So I won't put any super specific details that haven't been mentioned by DB themselves.

When I first heard them mention Columbia . . . I was a bit shocked. Definitely not a dream place to live lol. Missy even made some comment about how they kept experiencing things that made them feel like the right place for them, which made me think, wow-- they must be broke! (well, in the no longer having millions way, not BROKE haha) ... Missy mentioned having a aunt that lives here, so I guess that made a little more sense... Anyways, that's not where they bought, but Columbia is a close "city". They moved to a small town where the cost of living is very low. From the vibes I got, they wanted to be closer to Nashville, but realized they couldn't afford what they wanted. But, I have to say, I'm super impressed by the place they purchased! For less than 1 mil, they got a partially furnished, renovated house with a finished basement, in ground pool, separate record studio, and 30 acres. The area kind of sucks, but if you work from home & home school, that doesn't matter too much. I think a similar property in a nicer area would EASILY be 300k more. ... They've talked about building on the land in the future, so I'm wondering if that means build homes for her family. The current house isn't great for when the kids get older, so I think they will custom build a home, let her parents or sister live in the original house. Possibly build a third house for whomever is left over.

They keep saying things about how God has led them in the right right direction, how everything is perfect for them, blah blah blah . . . I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes to that stuff. BUT . . . it really does seem like things have worked out perfectly for them. The probably seems like exactly what they wanted / didn't know they needed, and they seem genuinely happy. So I'm happy for them!! I'm looking forward to seeing what they do around the property and their journey as Tennessean.

They've made a lot of comments about the rain and the humidity... Oh boy. They're in for it lol. It's regularly 90 degrees in the summer, and the heat index makes it feel much hotter. Random tornadoes will be pretty scary if they've never experienced. During the winter, the few days it snows and/or gets icy, they will be trapped at home.

I'll stop rambling now since idk if anyone will even read this haha I'll check back later though.
i am so confused about this family.

i dont watch their videos often but i check in from time to time. and by time to time i mean the last video i saw they were renting somewhere in TN i thought? maybe GA? i dont know. but i know they'd sold their huge house in CA. but now they're living in TN and saying they just sold their house in CA? maybe someone can explain this a bit better without me having to go through and watch their vlogs because......not happening haha!

i can already see them changing. ie. wearing more southern style clothes, missy becoming more of a homemaker rather than a couch dweller who always has the camera shoved in her kids' faces. i am sure the last will change. i am having a hard time finding their current home so not sure how some were able to find it. but what i do know is that if the person above me is saying 30 acres goes for 300k up that is CHEAP! 30 acres for $300k? or did i read that wrong?
Germany2263
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Germany2263 »

tilvacuumdousfart wrote:
wordymouse wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:34 pm

i dont watch their videos often but i check in from time to time. and by time to time i mean the last video i saw they were renting somewhere in TN i thought? maybe GA? i dont know. but i know they'd sold their huge house in CA. but now they're living in TN and saying they just sold their house in CA? maybe someone can explain this a bit better without me having to go through and watch their vlogs because......not happening haha!

i can already see them changing. ie. wearing more southern style clothes, missy becoming more of a homemaker rather than a couch dweller who always has the camera shoved in her kids' faces. i am sure the last will change. i am having a hard time finding their current home so not sure how some were able to find it. but what i do know is that if the person above me is saying 30 acres goes for 300k up that is CHEAP! 30 acres for $300k? or did i read that wrong?
I think you might be thinking of the ginormous house they had after the reasonably sized house they rented. They sold that a while back and bought a modest home. I don’t know what happened in between. I only see their updates on Instagram. Hope that helps.
They are trying their best to appear to have changed and trying to be more relatable. When I think of all of the money they blew.
wordymouse
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by wordymouse »

Germany2263 wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:48 pm
tilvacuumdousfart wrote:

I think you might be thinking of the ginormous house they had after the reasonably sized house they rented. They sold that a while back and bought a modest home. I don’t know what happened in between. I only see their updates on Instagram. Hope that helps.
They are trying their best to appear to have changed and trying to be more relatable. When I think of all of the money they blew.
Sorry for being confusing. I didn't give there current house price to be vague, so I said less than one million... to clarify, I'll say it's between $600-999k :) What I meant about by the 300k part... What they actually paid for their property is very cheap. If that exact property was in a higher value area in TN, I could see it being 300k more expensive than what they actually paid. Hope that all makes more sense now.

I haven't paid close attention the last few years, but I THINK they sold their big CA house, attempted to live in an RV, moved into a small CA house, sold it to move to TN, and then lived in a short term rental just until they found a house. So they were staying in something like an AirBnB.

Return to “Daily Bumps”