TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTV - Part 24

yourmom
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTV - Part 24

Unread post by yourmom »

My first car was a Mini. They are actually pretty safe. That was the first thing my grandpa looked for when we were looking at cars.

Were they looking at new or used ones? I can't imagine Anna putting out the effort to learn to drive.
Dandelion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: TheStyleDiet/LeFloorTV - Part 24

Unread post by Dandelion »

yourmom wrote:My first car was a Mini. They are actually pretty safe. That was the first thing my grandpa looked for when we were looking at cars.

Were they looking at new or used ones? I can't imagine Anna putting out the effort to learn to drive.
The first place they went to looked like used cars to me but the Minis were all new, I think.
Welcome to part 24, everybody! :)
SallyCinnamon
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SallyCinnamon »

Violet Blue 2 U "I never said that we weren't American. America is a melting pot of the entire worlds ethnicities. If you were to live here people will ask of what nationality you are quite often. All of us are from somewhere unless you are native american indian. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your heritage. Its hard for someone to understand I guess who has always lived in the same country as their ancestors."

It just always looks funny when I see some uber-patriotic guy doing the 'USA! USA! USA!' thing then introduce himself as a second generation Irishman! It doesn't tally up to me, but I can see it's a 'new world' thing. In Europe you tend to be one nationality. I have a friend who has an Austrian Dad and German Mum, but she was born in the UK so she's just British. But sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to :)
"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches."
prettyitalianbella
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by prettyitalianbella »

i thought the scene where anna was giving emilia a bath was sweet :) although the water was a bit high for my liking...
SallyCinnamon
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SallyCinnamon »

Emilia is becoming such a little character. I love watching her, though I feel gross about it at the same time because it makes me involved in her exploitation :?
"You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches."
Dandelion
Gossiper
Gossiper

SallyCinnamon wrote:Violet Blue 2 U "I never said that we weren't American. America is a melting pot of the entire worlds ethnicities. If you were to live here people will ask of what nationality you are quite often. All of us are from somewhere unless you are native american indian. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your heritage. Its hard for someone to understand I guess who has always lived in the same country as their ancestors."

It just always looks funny when I see some uber-patriotic guy doing the 'USA! USA! USA!' thing then introduce himself as a second generation Irishman! It doesn't tally up to me, but I can see it's a 'new world' thing. In Europe you tend to be one nationality. I have a friend who has an Austrian Dad and German Mum, but she was born in the UK so she's just British. But sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to :)
I think it really depends on how you want to shape your own identity. In Germany, a person may see themselves as German because they were born and live in Germany and have a German passport even though their parents are Turkish immigrants and don't speak much German. It's a choice they make about where they want to belong. An American may choose to emphasize their background and use it to define their identity if they choose to.
Dandelion
Gossiper
Gossiper

SallyCinnamon wrote:Emilia is becoming such a little character. I love watching her, though I feel gross about it at the same time because it makes me involved in her exploitation :?
I agree, good point.
RubyWoo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RubyWoo »

prettyitalianbella wrote:i thought the scene where anna was giving emilia a bath was sweet :) although the water was a bit high for my liking...
I thought that was a sweet moment too. :)
proudmama
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by proudmama »

I think it's funny how at the end of every WIAW blog post, Anna asks what the readers ate. Like she gives a shit! I think she might be copying Sam on that since she always asks readers a question at the end of her blog posts.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

I wonder if Anna's going organic :roll: because of that bubblegarm lady she admired on Twitter.
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

— The Master and Margarita
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

proudmama wrote:I think it's funny how at the end of every WIAW blog post, Anna asks what the readers ate. Like she gives a shit! I think she might be copying Sam on that since she always asks readers a question at the end of her blog posts.
I thought that hilarious too, esp. after she claimed she stopped reading the comments.
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

— The Master and Margarita
violet blue 2 U
Talker
Talker

Unread post by violet blue 2 U »

SallyCinnamon wrote:Violet Blue 2 U "I never said that we weren't American. America is a melting pot of the entire worlds ethnicities. If you were to live here people will ask of what nationality you are quite often. All of us are from somewhere unless you are native american indian. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your heritage. Its hard for someone to understand I guess who has always lived in the same country as their ancestors."

You didn't offend me at all Sally. Its all good. Think of it this way...That we love your country as well isn't a bad thing. It might be that many people who immigrated felt they had no choice at the time because of economics and opportunity. Really not sure? You are Irish right? If your family ever moved do you think they would ever let you forget it? lol Its the same for us here. <3
proudmama
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Gin0915 wrote:I wonder if Anna's going organic :roll: because of that bubblegarm lady she admired on Twitter.
Ya know because eating one organic apple a day is going to make a huuuuge difference! :P
proudmama
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I was looking at Anna's WIAW posts and calculating the calories. It looks like she's only consuming around 1,000 calories a day. Breastfeeding moms need, at the absolute minimum, 1500 calories per day but preferably around 1,800 to 2,000. Possibly even more for some moms who exercise regularly. Although since Anna is rather sedentary, 1500-1800 would probably be sufficient. I don't know how she can eat so little while breastfeeding. I know many nursing moms, including myself, get hungry quickly since breastfeeding burns a lot of calories and uses up a lot of the body's nutrients. She's not doing Emilia any favors by eating so little.
Suntropics
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Suntropics »

proudmama wrote:I was looking at Anna's WIAW posts and calculating the calories. It looks like she's only consuming around 1,000 calories a day. Breastfeeding moms need, at the absolute minimum, 1500 calories per day but preferably around 1,800 to 2,000. Possibly even more for some moms who exercise regularly. Although since Anna is rather sedentary, 1500-1800 would probably be sufficient. I don't know how she can eat so little while breastfeeding. I know many nursing moms, including myself, get hungry quickly since breastfeeding burns a lot of calories and uses up a lot of the body's nutrients. She's not doing Emilia any favors by eating so little.
Well if she ate right, she wouldn't be able to brag about being smaller now than she was pre-pregnancy. :roll:
proudmama
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Suntropics wrote:
proudmama wrote:I was looking at Anna's WIAW posts and calculating the calories. It looks like she's only consuming around 1,000 calories a day. Breastfeeding moms need, at the absolute minimum, 1500 calories per day but preferably around 1,800 to 2,000. Possibly even more for some moms who exercise regularly. Although since Anna is rather sedentary, 1500-1800 would probably be sufficient. I don't know how she can eat so little while breastfeeding. I know many nursing moms, including myself, get hungry quickly since breastfeeding burns a lot of calories and uses up a lot of the body's nutrients. She's not doing Emilia any favors by eating so little.
Well if she ate right, she wouldn't be able to brag about being smaller now than she was pre-pregnancy. :roll:
Remember her waist was 23" before pregnancy and now it's 25". You know she just has to reiterate that every freaking time. :roll: She's so fixated on her measurements it's unhealthy. If she isn't too pleased with her postpartum body then why not do some cardio or other workout? Oh right I forgot, that involves getting off the couch. ;)
ms.peony
Informer
Informer

Unread post by ms.peony »

Interesting. I had no idea people outside of the US had an ‘issue’ with people in the US being proud of their ancestry; I have to ask my family members about this, lol. All the Italians, Irish, Germans, Poles, Russians, Portuguese, Puerto Ricans, Colombians, Pakistanis etc American born individuals I know, or came across, associate themselves as being either Italian, Irish, German, Polish, Russian etc. I myself am an American born Pole and consider myself 100% Polish; both my parents emigrated here in the late 70’s. Polish was my first language and I speak it daily to friends and family members. Most of the patriotic Americans you see or hear about, also, ones I know or came across are 3rd and beyond generation America born. I will always consider myself an American born Polish individual as opposed to just an American. Perhaps that’s why I never found an issue with Anna associating herself as Italian, Irish or German even though she is American born; although, I do think she makes it seem as Italians are superior in some way.

Also, stereotypes exist because they are mostly true. The ones who like to drink like to drink, the ones who eat kielbasa eat kielbasa, the ones who eat pasta eat pasta, etc. There is nothing wrong with them and shouldn’t be frowned upon, imo, but rather embraced. I’m Polish and my family loves kielbasa (not me, though, I’m not found of meat in general), many like to drink (guilty), we rather eat potatoes than rice or pasta (guilty) and we like say ‘kurwa’ (guilty), lol. I’m not ashamed of it and think it’s rather kitschy; though, if someone tries to spin it in a negative then your ass is mine, lol.

Wow, part 24… Sorry I was late to the party; the server errors were brutal for me when I tried to come on earlier .
ms.peony
Informer
Informer

Gin0915 wrote:I wonder if Anna's going organic :roll: because of that bubblegarm lady she admired on Twitter.
Lol, bingo. That’s what I thought, too. She can not form her own way in life; she just follows and copies what others do. Same with the Filofax and label maker; she just wanted them because of organizedjen. There is a difference in wanting something some else has because its cute or what have you and just plain out copying someone. She’s like a middle schooler. 'Mom, can I have a label maker and a Filofax, organizedjen has them.'
ms.peony
Informer
Informer

violet blue 2 U wrote:
You didn't offend me at all Sally. Its all good. Think of it this way...That we love your country as well isn't a bad thing. It might be that many people who immigrated felt they had no choice at the time because of economics and opportunity. Really not sure? You are Irish right? If your family ever moved do you think they would ever let you forget it? lol Its the same for us here. <3
Yea … my family immigrated to the US because of communism; they wanted a better life (at the time; it's different now).
proudmama
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ms.peony wrote:
Lol, bingo. That’s what I thought, too. She can not form her own way in life; she just follows and copies what others do. Same with the Filofax and label maker; she just wanted them because of organizedjen. There is a difference in wanting something some else has because its cute or what have you and just plain out copying someone. She’s like a middle schooler. 'Mom, can I have a label maker and a Filofax, organizedjen has them.'
I think it's just a sign that she has no direction in life. She doesn't know what to do or who to be so she copies others to see if maybe it's the life for her. To me she seems bored and unfulfilled. She doesn't know how to carve her own path because she has no clue what she should be doing with herself. I think that's why she's has six dogs and wants another baby because they're the only things she can think of when doing something with her life. It's a clear sign she has A LOT of growing up to do.

Return to “TheStyleDiet/SacconeJolys”