language
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv- Part 13

Unread post by language »

lalaa wrote:
Gin0915 wrote: He may have showed the msg just casually, not to prove anything but show she's ready. I just found it sad that she omitted the class. It may have been a coincidence but I doubt it. She must have gradually developed some kind of issue over the last few years that disallows her to do things on her own and go amongst people. She always looks so uncomfortable and awkward.
I really hope that when it comes to the child they'll learn to refrain from doing things to spite their more critiquing viewers. The situation with the dogs is beyond me. I love my dogs, more than the average person--I'm a huge animal lover and always end up "stealing" other people's pets, lol,--but I'm able to differentiate between them and humans. They don't seem to grasp that loving a dog isn't just cuddling it and giving it treats. And just because your dogs are your "kids" does not mean they get to slobber all over your newborn and sleep in the same bed with her. These are basics an uneducated person would know :roll:.
Dofus saying that if his parents recorded their days like he does, he'd think it so cool. Wonder if he meant just record it or put it out there publicly, because those are two different things. If he meant vlogging, then it just proves how selfish and self-centered he is. He's said things like that before, he thinks that just because he'd like it, his daughter or others will too. Complete lack of any sympathetic instinct.
i believe everything jonathans shows in the vlog is manipulated and a thought out process of how to shoved it in the haters faces. most of the things he does are not genuine at all. it is not even real daily life anymore, it is a couple scenes of an big FU pasted together within their daily outings.
:mmhmm: What I find the most baffling though is that they do edit, and yet leave things in which are actually making them criminally liable.... it's like they think they're above the law rather than giving anyone who cares to enough rope to hang them with and then more and more. I think the only reason that they haven't been prosecuted is that nobody cares enough to piece together the thousands of minor infractions yet. A car crash or that baby getting ill through their negligence though, and a court will have a whole back catalogue of offences conveniently collected for them waiting for the prosecution. Can you imagine the pay day for someone who gets run over by him? Even if the other person crashes into him, the fact that he has a camera in his hands while driving makes him automatically at fault in Ireland.
lalaa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lalaa »

language wrote:
lalaa wrote:you’re right, language, anna can not cope in any type of social situation. her insecurities do not allow her too. watching any social interactions (besides with her mother and sisters) they’ve had with other people have been painful. the wedding, for example, was the most excruciating thing I’ve ever seen. however, this is what jonathan had made her out to be because of his phobias and child traumas. she said it herself, he never wants to go places where there are crowds of people, but rather on off hours when restaurants and theatres are empty. i see anna as a shy but outgoing child and teen, who now has turned into an insecure woman who follows lead. this is just another reason why they took the private natal class as opposed to the one with other expecting parents.

i mentioned earlier, that their holier than thou attitude is very off putting and it will hurt, not help, them in the long run regarding this youtube vlogging thing. i watch other vloggers who ask questions of their subscribers and actually follow thru. i mean, they are adults and they are able to distinguish between good and bad advice. i think this is another reason why they have such low numbers after doing this for almost 4 years. people do not like cocky assh*les who reek of an i’m better than you attitude. it honestly would not even matter the type of content they put in the vlog because if people had a sense of belonging they will watch anyways. basic human instinct is to feel wanted and appreciated and you do not feel that when watching these two.

what do you ladies think?
I think she was popular as a teen because you can get by on looks and empty opinions when you are a teenager, but when you get past college age people expect you to have some more depth. She never developed that and Johnathan really stunted it- which is really unfair because he got to live out that period of his life, while she got to live it in a one house Stepford. It's why other beauty gurus are more fun to watch and more trust worthy, because their opinions are based in experience- whereas Anna just puts up the products without any experience or a fully formed independent opinion.

She's so passive on anything with an opinion it just really reminds me of those robots waiting for their husbands to say what's right and what to do now. She can't relate to people her own age because people her own age have had their opinions change over time through personal review and development, whereas she just has hers set by teenage patterns. I think it's why they use "haters" so much, because that used be an internet social pattern... but they haven't even kept up with the times on that one, because "hater" is long out of fashion in everything but their backwater. It's not just superficial, it's outmoded... and being out of step with the times is a far bigger crime in fashion than being superficial.
i agree, he completely stunted her growth into adulthood by passing on his beliefs and life experiences onto her. i was in a similar relationship like theirs years ago. i was painfully shy but popular as a child and teen, when i was 19 i began dating a guy who was 27 and he basically molded me into what he believed i should be. it wasn't until years later, after we broke up, that i finally began to come into my own. someone mentioned before that if annas father hadn't fallen ill and passed the relationship would not have lasted and i tend too agree.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

language wrote:
lalaa wrote:you’re right, language, anna can not cope in any type of social situation. her insecurities do not allow her too. watching any social interactions (besides with her mother and sisters) they’ve had with other people have been painful. the wedding, for example, was the most excruciating thing I’ve ever seen. however, this is what jonathan had made her out to be because of his phobias and child traumas. she said it herself, he never wants to go places where there are crowds of people, but rather on off hours when restaurants and theatres are empty. i see anna as a shy but outgoing child and teen, who now has turned into an insecure woman who follows lead. this is just another reason why they took the private natal class as opposed to the one with other expecting parents.

i mentioned earlier, that their holier than thou attitude is very off putting and it will hurt, not help, them in the long run regarding this youtube vlogging thing. i watch other vloggers who ask questions of their subscribers and actually follow thru. i mean, they are adults and they are able to distinguish between good and bad advice. i think this is another reason why they have such low numbers after doing this for almost 4 years. people do not like cocky assh*les who reek of an i’m better than you attitude. it honestly would not even matter the type of content they put in the vlog because if people had a sense of belonging they will watch anyways. basic human instinct is to feel wanted and appreciated and you do not feel that when watching these two.

I think she was popular as a teen because you can get by on looks and empty opinions when you are a teenager, but when you get past college age people expect you to have some more depth. She never developed that and Johnathan really stunted it- which is really unfair because he got to live out that period of his life, while she got to live it in a one house Stepford. It's why other beauty gurus are more fun to watch and more trust worthy, because their opinions are based in experience- whereas Anna just puts up the products without any experience or a fully formed independent opinion.

She's so passive on anything with an opinion it just really reminds me of those robots waiting for their husbands to say what's right and what to do now. She can't relate to people her own age because people her own age have had their opinions change over time through personal review and development, whereas she just has hers set by teenage patterns. I think it's why they use "haters" so much, because that used be an internet social pattern... but they haven't even kept up with the times on that one, because "hater" is long out of fashion in everything but their backwater. It's not just superficial, it's outmoded... and being out of step with the times is a far bigger crime in fashion than being superficial.
She also went to a close-knit all girls school. Popularity may not even have been an issue if all girls got along and liked each other. So she was over-protected on all fronts and found herself an older guy to continue that protection in a pseudo way. The worst decision she made is living at such a young age with her daddy substitute. Why couldn't she just date him? I think he latched onto her and she allowed it because of the sad circumstances of her life at the time. I cannot fathom how her family allowed it. Yes, she was an adult but still dependent financially and emotionally on her family. The whole thing must have slipped by while the turmoil of her father's illness was happening.
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

— The Master and Margarita
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

lalaa wrote:
language wrote:

i agree, he completely stunted her growth into adulthood by passing on his beliefs and life experiences onto her. i was in a similar relationship like theirs years ago. i was painfully shy but popular as a child and teen, when i was 19 i began dating a guy who was 27 and he basically molded me into what he believed i should be. it wasn't until years later, after we broke up, that i finally began to come into my own. someone mentioned before that if annas father hadn't fallen ill and passed the relationship would not have lasted and i tend too agree.
Lol, I mentioned it, as well as basically reiterating it above.
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

lalaa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lalaa »

language wrote:
lalaa wrote:
Gin0915 wrote: He may have showed the msg just casually, not to prove anything but show she's ready. I just found it sad that she omitted the class. It may have been a coincidence but I doubt it. She must have gradually developed some kind of issue over the last few years that disallows her to do things on her own and go amongst people. She always looks so uncomfortable and awkward.
I really hope that when it comes to the child they'll learn to refrain from doing things to spite their more critiquing viewers. The situation with the dogs is beyond me. I love my dogs, more than the average person--I'm a huge animal lover and always end up "stealing" other people's pets, lol,--but I'm able to differentiate between them and humans. They don't seem to grasp that loving a dog isn't just cuddling it and giving it treats. And just because your dogs are your "kids" does not mean they get to slobber all over your newborn and sleep in the same bed with her. These are basics an uneducated person would know :roll:.
Dofus saying that if his parents recorded their days like he does, he'd think it so cool. Wonder if he meant just record it or put it out there publicly, because those are two different things. If he meant vlogging, then it just proves how selfish and self-centered he is. He's said things like that before, he thinks that just because he'd like it, his daughter or others will too. Complete lack of any sympathetic instinct.
i believe everything jonathans shows in the vlog is manipulated and a thought out process of how to shoved it in the haters faces. most of the things he does are not genuine at all. it is not even real daily life anymore, it is a couple scenes of an big FU pasted together within their daily outings.
:mmhmm: What I find the most baffling though is that they do edit, and yet leave things in which are actually making them criminally liable.... it's like they think they're above the law rather than giving anyone who cares to enough rope to hang them with and then more and more. I think the only reason that they haven't been prosecuted is that nobody cares enough to piece together the thousands of minor infractions yet. A car crash or that baby getting ill through their negligence though, and a court will have a whole back catalogue of offences conveniently collected for them waiting for the prosecution. Can you imagine the pay day for someone who gets run over by him? Even if the other person crashes into him, the fact that he has a camera in his hands while driving makes him automatically at fault in Ireland.
i know and they have that car mount for the camera as well but never use it. if i was anna i would tell him to stfu and put the camera down when driving. however, she won't because she has been 'taught' to believe he knows what best for them. :roll:

regarding the wooden floor in the kitchen, i hope they don't expect to get there deposit back like they did from the other place because they def will not. if i lived in ireland and had access to the owner of their place of residence now, i would report them in a heartbeat. and the minions can call me crazy stalker all they want because of it but i honestly could careless, lol. what they did to that poor woman's property is disgusting. if i were her, i would take them to court to pay for all the damage.
lalaa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lalaa »

Gin0915 wrote:
lalaa wrote:
language wrote:

Lol, I mentioned it, as well as basically reiterating it above.
lol, yes, i just saw that and agree with your statements.
language
Informer
Informer

Gin0915 wrote: She also went to a close-knit all girls school. Popularity may not even have been an issue if all girls got along and liked each other. So she was over-protected on all fronts and found herself an older guy to continue that protection in a pseudo way. The worst decision she made is living at such a young age with her daddy substitute. Why couldn't she just date him? I think he latched onto her and she allowed it because of the sad circumstances of her life at the time. I cannot fathom how her family allowed it. Yes, she was an adult but still dependent financially and emotionally on her family. The whole thing must have slipped by while the turmoil of her father's illness was happening.
I think she belonged to an uptight clique in that girl's school (it's a small city so there's kind of legacy cliques in different schools, and reputations and nicknames for all of them) so she got protected there largely from a lot of what was going on in the school by being part of that insular framework within the school too. Knowing the school's broader reputation for girls outside certain cliques within it, she got reaaaaally protected- she never went to a disco or got into any form of trouble she says... so it's not exactly normal for the school unless you're part of one of their more goodie-two-shoes cliques, and even then some years those girls were WILD. I don't know how she wouldn't know about that though unless she was seriously blinkered to just her clique though, because nobody else I know who attended any of those city schools would think like her without being in a very insular group. And those usually were the cliques the prefects in all those schools came from because who else wants to be in student government?
Valentino
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Valentino »

Gin0915 wrote: He's said he doesn't read comments? Heehee, Was it during the massive hate they got after the pee/stick affair? I've always heard them both say they read everything, never totally believed it though, :lol:. Pretty sure Anna doesn't. Usually when he acknowledges something it's because it's relevant to his monologues, lol. And it's always "many of you said...but", "some of you mentioned...but". Or yes, pretending it's their own idea. I also get the feeling he asks silly questions for the comments. Some of his questions are so trite, why would he care what a complete stranger had for lunch: or want to read the same answer over 1000 times. They are always given tons of advice and I can see how that would become annoying if they haven't asked for it. And yeah, it's tough to weed out the comments by people who know about what they are talking from the ridiculous minions' uneducated responses. But when it comes to something as serious as a newborn life, and you have experienced mothers and medical staff commenting then for pete's sake, read, listen, double check online and do the right thing.
It may have been... not exactly sure as it was quite a while back he said that and I was like, really? Not long after he changed his tune and said he reads everything. Mind you, I haven't been a follower from the very beginning so I'm not up on Jofus and his flip flopping vlog policies. As for Anna, I'm not sure. I can't remember if it was Jofus or Anna that said she didn't read comments, but in one vlog (while she was pregnant) she was upset/crying and Jofus was trying to comfort her and explained to subscribers it had to do with comments ??? Did she stop reading after that? I don't know. It wasn't long ago I saw her actually replying to a few subscribers on her white bread/vanilla channel.

What's real and what's truth? They can't even keep it straight.
language
Informer
Informer

lalaa wrote: i know and they have that car mount for the camera as well but never use it. if i was anna i would tell him to stfu and put the camera down when driving. however, she won't because she has been 'taught' to believe he knows what best for them. :roll:

regarding the wooden floor in the kitchen, i hope they don't expect to get there deposit back like they did from the other place because they def will not. if i lived in ireland and had access to the owner of their place of residence now, i would report them in a heartbeat. and the minions can call me crazy stalker all they want because of it but i honestly could careless, lol. what they did to that poor woman's property is disgusting. if i were her, i would take them to court to pay for all the damage.
I would refuse to get in a car if someone was doing that. I really don't know how she doesn't take the camera off him, even for her own safety. Or fuck, even just to avoid the penalty points and risk to his licence.

I actually saw their house on daft (the biggest real estate site here) before they moved in because I was moving a few months before them, and thought it was gorgeous- I remembered it when they moved in because of all the heart wall hangings and because it had been one of the nicer ones to look at (waaay to much room for me though :P). I'm furious they did that to the place because it was obviously a landlord who cared and was offering a reasonable price... I can't remember the address or how much it was, but it was gorgeous enough at the time to stick in my mind for a few months, and I am livid how they have destroyed it.
lalaa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lalaa »

language wrote:
Gin0915 wrote: She also went to a close-knit all girls school. Popularity may not even have been an issue if all girls got along and liked each other. So she was over-protected on all fronts and found herself an older guy to continue that protection in a pseudo way. The worst decision she made is living at such a young age with her daddy substitute. Why couldn't she just date him? I think he latched onto her and she allowed it because of the sad circumstances of her life at the time. I cannot fathom how her family allowed it. Yes, she was an adult but still dependent financially and emotionally on her family. The whole thing must have slipped by while the turmoil of her father's illness was happening.
I think she belonged to an uptight clique in that girl's school (it's a small city so there's kind of legacy cliques in different schools, and reputations and nicknames for all of them) so she got protected there largely from a lot of what was going on in the school by being part of that insular framework within the school too. Knowing the school's broader reputation for girls outside certain cliques within it, she got reaaaaally protected- she never went to a disco or got into any form of trouble she says... so it's not exactly normal for the school unless you're part of one of their more goodie-two-shoes cliques, and even then some years those girls were WILD. I don't know how she wouldn't know about that though unless she was seriously blinkered to just her clique though, because nobody else I know who attended any of those city schools would think like her without being in a very insular group. And those usually were the cliques the prefects in all those schools came from because who else wants to be in student government?
interesting. maybe her friends were 'wild' as well but she was not allowed to partake becasue her parents were very strict? i often thought to myself that if i knew her in real life i would never have been friends with her. i was never a goodie two shoes and couldn't stand that girls who were, lol (no offense to one who may have been, this was my thought process in high school, lol).
lalaa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lalaa »

Valentino wrote:
Gin0915 wrote: He's said he doesn't read comments? Heehee, Was it during the massive hate they got after the pee/stick affair? I've always heard them both say they read everything, never totally believed it though, :lol:. Pretty sure Anna doesn't. Usually when he acknowledges something it's because it's relevant to his monologues, lol. And it's always "many of you said...but", "some of you mentioned...but". Or yes, pretending it's their own idea. I also get the feeling he asks silly questions for the comments. Some of his questions are so trite, why would he care what a complete stranger had for lunch: or want to read the same answer over 1000 times. They are always given tons of advice and I can see how that would become annoying if they haven't asked for it. And yeah, it's tough to weed out the comments by people who know about what they are talking from the ridiculous minions' uneducated responses. But when it comes to something as serious as a newborn life, and you have experienced mothers and medical staff commenting then for pete's sake, read, listen, double check online and do the right thing.
It may have been... not exactly sure as it was quite a while back he said that and I was like, really? Not long after he changed his tune and said he reads everything. Mind you, I haven't been a follower from the very beginning so I'm not up on Jofus and his flip flopping vlog policies. As for Anna, I'm not sure. I can't remember if it was Jofus or Anna that said she didn't read comments, but in one vlog (while she was pregnant) she was upset/crying and Jofus was trying to comfort her and explained to subscribers it had to do with comments ??? Did she stop reading after that? I don't know. It wasn't long ago I saw her actually replying to a few subscribers on her white bread/vanilla channel.

i think she became upset after the pee on a stick situation?

i know he use to read the comments but when the "hate"s started he stopped? maybe same goes for anna? i doubt anna reads them at all anymore and he may just skim thru them for curiosity purposes.

and lol, at her white bread/vanilla channel, it so is! ::snore::
language
Informer
Informer

lalaa wrote:
language wrote:
interesting. maybe her friends were 'wild' as well but she was not allowed to partake becasue her parents were very strict? i often thought to myself that if i knew her in real life i would never have been friends with her. i was never a goodie two shoes and couldn't stand that girls who were, lol (no offense to one who may have been, this was my thought process in high school, lol).
Yeah, most of my friends were wild- the goodie-two-shoes groups tried to treat us as pariahs, but we were too busy having fun and had social lives outside schools so it didn't really have much effect other than making them look stuck up :D I mean, you only get to be young once, there's plenty of time to be respectable later.
lalaa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lalaa »

language wrote:
lalaa wrote: i know and they have that car mount for the camera as well but never use it. if i was anna i would tell him to stfu and put the camera down when driving. however, she won't because she has been 'taught' to believe he knows what best for them. :roll:

I would refuse to get in a car if someone was doing that. I really don't know how she doesn't take the camera off him, even for her own safety. Or fuck, even just to avoid the penalty points and risk to his licence.

I actually saw their house on daft (the biggest real estate site here) before they moved in because I was moving a few months before them, and thought it was gorgeous- I remembered it when they moved in because of all the heart wall hangings and because it had been one of the nicer ones to look at (waaay to much room for me though :P). I'm furious they did that to the place because it was obviously a landlord who cared and was offering a reasonable price... I can't remember the address or how much it was, but it was gorgeous enough at the time to stick in my mind for a few months, and I am livid how they have destroyed it.

i always thought their apartments were very nice, clean and modern, as was this one (when they first moved in). i'm unsure of the prices for ireland but they would be very expensive where i live.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

language wrote:
Yes, she said she had a strict curfew and was a goodie-two-shoes (that expression always makes me laugh). She did go out but never disobeyed her mother over when to come back. Already her upbringing is stunting--plus she mentioned MSD did all the cooking, laundry, probably cleaning. What I don't get is why didn't she follow that path and find a goody-goody job instead of bouncing from city to city. I think when she met Dofus she didn't realize she's just got herself a new crutch, she thought she was liberating herself.

language
Informer
Informer

lalaa wrote: i always thought their apartments were very nice, clean and modern, as was this one (when they first moved in). i'm unsure of the prices for ireland but they would be very expensive where i live.
Pricing's pretty crazy here, but we also have high wages (minimum wage's something like $11/hour) and really good welfare... So it kind of balances out. And there's lots of really modern places which are really affordable since the building bubble burst. =/ I prefer the old Georgian houses we have here though- massive windows, massive rooms, grand staircases and such. Love it.
lalaa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lalaa »

language wrote:
lalaa wrote:
language wrote:
Yeah, most of my friends were wild- the goodie-two-shoes groups tried to treat us as pariahs, but we were too busy having fun and had social lives outside schools so it didn't really have much effect other than making them look stuck up :D I mean, you only get to be young once, there's plenty of time to be respectable later.
hahah, yes! that is what i did when i was younger as well and i often got in trouble for it. hehe
now in my late, late 20's i'm calmer and tend stay home or just go out for dinner and drinks.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

Valentino wrote:

I cannot either. I've not followed LeDuf from the beginning either. All in all, I watched, hm, maybe 4 months worth. I'm pretty sure she's been doing the minimum as far as any comments, otherwise she'd have deleted the "nasties" on her blog. She used to have her channel comments on approval, but not anymore. Pretty sure she's not bothering to read those. She sticks to Twitter, the girl is a veritable expert at typing "Thank you so much :)".

Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

language wrote:

Ooh, really? How interesting. I remember when they moved from that apartment they had before the heatless place. The one that refused to give them the deposit back. They said they wanted something less expensive. I thought it was weird that they rented a house which seemed the same size or bigger. How could a house like that be cheaper? I know you don't remember the price, but what would be an estimated price for similar place? I was always curious. It would definitely be quite expensive where I am.

language
Informer
Informer

Gin0915 wrote:
language wrote:
Yes, she said she had a strict curfew and was a goodie-two-shoes (that expression always makes me laugh). She did go out but never disobeyed her mother over when to come back. Already her upbringing is stunting--plus she mentioned MSD did all the cooking, laundry, probably cleaning. What I don't get is why didn't she follow that path and find a goody-goody job instead of bouncing from city to city. I think when she met Dofus she didn't realize she's just got herself a new crutch, she thought she was liberating herself.
Yeah, that's a pretty atypical upbringing here- I don't think I know anyone with a curfew, and even for little kids usually your curfew is when it gets dark (which ROCKS in summer when it might be ten or so at night when you have to think about heading home). Most teenagers are hanging round street corners in large groups til late at night, most go drinking underage much younger than would be considered normal in the US, and unless you're a boy you're probably doing your own laundry (Boys are overweened here to the point some are still living at home with their meals and laundry done at 30 like it's not a big deal.) It can be stunting for boys, but Anna's really not typical of the culture here in terms of being a teenager, let alone a female teenager/adult. It'd be more normal really if she'd gotten knocked up at sixteen to be honest. >.<
It's also really weird that she doesn't know how to cook, because even in elementary schools here most girls get basic cooking and sewing lessons and stuff. It's like she grew up in a completely different culture a lot of the time besides the orange face.
lalaa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lalaa »

language wrote:
lalaa wrote: i always thought their apartments were very nice, clean and modern, as was this one (when they first moved in). i'm unsure of the prices for ireland but they would be very expensive where i live.
Pricing's pretty crazy here, but we also have high wages (minimum wage's something like $11/hour) and really good welfare... So it kind of balances out. And there's lots of really modern places which are really affordable since the building bubble burst. =/ I prefer the old Georgian houses we have here though- massive windows, massive rooms, grand staircases and such. Love it.
yes, i've been to europe many times becasue my parents, and many family members, immigrated here to the US and i would move there in a heartbeat if i could. life is very much more relaxed,imo and from what i've seen. it is so beautiful and the history of it is amazing. i often thought anna and jonathan were/are doing a huge disservice to their international viewers by not showing how beautiful ireland is.

Return to “TheStyleDiet/SacconeJolys”