TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv- Part 13

Lilja
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv- Part 13

Unread post by Lilja »

I can't believe Jonathan thinks the dogs 'respect' Emilia :?
language
Informer
Informer

Unread post by language »

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=rmpeNHmCeeE

^comments for anyone who doesn't want to view.

Is the bracelet the comment section keeps mentioning for Anna or Emilia?
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

Jaeme wrote:
NomNomMinionMunch wrote:Well I'm British an I can tell you there is no eternity ring or gifting the mum tradition after giving birth here at all.
Maybe worded that wrong, I'm british too and generally understood it to be that you got the eternity ring after the birth of your first kid (not necessarily as a 'push present') or at an anniversary.

Still think it's funny though that the minions are getting into that but not a word was said about Anna not getting anything for Jofus at their anniversary.
I'm in the US (currently, lol) and never heard of a push present or eternity ring present. Weird, but fun. Minions must have even more crappy lives than LeDuf. Why, she couldn't get him anything, she was pregnant, don't you know how heard it is to carry a child. You have to sleep all day and are unable to place orders online. She needed her rest and didn't feel up to it, lol. :rofl:
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

— The Master and Margarita
Jaeme
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Jaeme »

language wrote:http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=rmpeNHmCeeE

Jofatso's dad got Emilia a bracelet as a present
language
Informer
Informer

Jaeme wrote:

Hope it's not the baptism tradition one then, because that baby's likely not getting baptised.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

One of the comments: "I co slept with my momma till i was 8 and my sister still does with our grandma" :o, I dare not ask how old the sister is.
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

language
Informer
Informer

Gin0915 wrote:One of the comments: "I co slept with my momma till i was 8 and my sister still does with our grandma" :o, I dare not ask how old the sister is.
They really do attract a certain element....
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by geekinthepink »

Gin0915 wrote:One of the comments: "I co slept with my momma till i was 8 and my sister still does with our grandma" :o, I dare not ask how old the sister is.
my colleague told me her daughter (6 years old) comes into the parental bed every night. I was like: "what? why don't you tell her to go back to her bed?" obviously, if the little one was dreaming weird stuff, nobody would tell her to go to her own bed again. but I do think it isn't very helpful to forever co sleep with your mom or parents.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

language wrote:
Jaeme wrote:

Hope it's not the baptism tradition one then, because that baby's likely not getting baptised.
They might do it out of tradition eventually. Their whole family is Catholic, no? I know lots of people who aren't that religious but do it out of long standing tradition and general expectation. Kind of hypocritical, but often done.

geeklove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by geeklove »

language wrote:
Jaeme wrote:

Didn't they get her something for christening?
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

geekinthepink wrote:
my colleague told me her daughter (6 years old) comes into the parental bed every night. I was like: "what? why don't you tell her to go back to her bed?" obviously, if the little one was dreaming weird stuff, nobody would tell her to go to her own bed again. but I do think it isn't very helpful to forever co sleep with your mom or parents.
Exactly, if it's a once in a while deal, not an issue. But a habit, creepy. Imagine if her sister is less than 8 years younger, how did they conceive her? :(

language
Informer
Informer

Gin0915 wrote: They might do it out of tradition eventually. Their whole family is Catholic, no? I know lots of people who aren't that religious but do it out of long standing tradition and general expectation. Kind of hypocritical, but often done.
Em, no, it's more that they won't be able to- Anna says she wasn't raised religious and I think not baptised, and here you have to be attending church for months before your baby is born, or before you baptise them late for any priest to sign off on it. Since the church doesn't want people baptising their kids when they're not going to raise them in the church. Parents who do want it done out of tradition but don't regularly attend get around this by showing up for the last trimester regularly. If I remember right about Anna not being baptised, she'd have to get baptised and then they'd have to attend for a while before they go through with Emilia's... unless they didn't want her to present Emilia at the church and just let Johnathan be the sole parent in the eyes of the Church after he attended for a few months for the days of obligation. It's the case in most parishes here, they'd have to search pretty hard for a church willing to do it otherwise. You can get you baby blessed without actually being baptised, but then it's not actually a baptism/christening and means they're still not a member of the Church which those bracelets are meant to symbolise.
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Gin0915 wrote:
geekinthepink wrote:
Exactly, if it's a once in a while deal, not an issue. But a habit, creepy. Imagine if her sister is less than 8 years younger, how did they conceive her? :(
maybe in a cupboard?
language
Informer
Informer

geekinthepink wrote:
Gin0915 wrote: Exactly, if it's a once in a while deal, not an issue. But a habit, creepy. Imagine if her sister is less than 8 years younger, how did they conceive her? :(
maybe in a cupboard?
:rofl:
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

language wrote:
Gin0915 wrote: They might do it out of tradition eventually. Their whole family is Catholic, no? I know lots of people who aren't that religious but do it out of long standing tradition and general expectation. Kind of hypocritical, but often done.
Em, no, it's more that they won't be able to- Anna says she wasn't raised religious and I think not baptised, and here you have to be attending church for months before your baby is born, or before you baptise them late for any priest to sign off on it. Since the church doesn't want people baptising their kids when they're not going to raise them in the church. Parents who do want it done out of tradition but don't regularly attend get around this by showing up for the last trimester regularly. If I remember right about Anna not being baptised, she'd have to get baptised and then they'd have to attend for a while before they go through with Emilia's... unless they didn't want her to present Emilia at the church and just let Johnathan be the sole parent in the eyes of the Church after he attended for a few months for the days of obligation. It's the case in most parishes here, they'd have to search pretty hard for a church willing to do it otherwise. You can get you baby blessed without actually being baptised, but then it's not actually a baptism/christening and means they're still not a member of the Church which those bracelets are meant to symbolise.
They might not baptize unless they give into family pressure. As far as Anna, I don't know, her father was Italian, I'd be very surprised if she wasn't baptized. Shocked actually, considering her roots. Yes, maybe they'd have to sign up with a parish and attend church for a while and whatever else it involved. But one can be christened later on in life, not just as a baby. Since Catholics believe in original sin I'd be shocked that they would deny anyone baptism. It would mean basically sending them to hell, no?

geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Gin0915 wrote:
language wrote:
They might not baptize unless they give into family pressure. As far as Anna, I don't know, her father was Italian, I'd be very surprised if she wasn't baptized. Shocked actually, considering her roots. Yes, maybe they'd have to sign up with a parish and attend church for a while and whatever else it involved. But one can be christened later on in life, not just as a baby. Since Catholics believe in original sin I'd be shocked that they would deny anyone baptism. It would mean basically sending them to hell, no?
mhhh, but also her mum is half german? half german and what? I don't know. english/irish? there are parts in germany where baptising isn't common at all. in the eastern part of it. that's where I come from. every time I tell people that I haven't been baptised people from other places of Germany go "ooh, what? really? how/why/HUH?"

to me, it's not tthat big of a deal. if your whole family is Catholic though and with her dad's family being Italian... well, I don't know.
Last edited by geekinthepink on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
language
Informer
Informer

Gin0915 wrote:
language wrote:
She said something about it ages ago, and then again for the wedding was the reason why they weren't getting married in the church. And, no, the Church believe that people who aren't members live in "blessed ignorance"- so they aren't held to the rules of the Church in terms of sinning, but they are judged on how moral their lives are. It's actually probably to not be a member of the Church because then things like Holy Days of Obligation and eating meat on Good Friday etc can't be held against you. /mindfuck
Bluewolf
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bluewolf »

language wrote:

Not true of everywhere, some churches just ask you to attend a ore christening course :)

STOP THE FUCKING PRESS......Im slightly warming to him. The SHAME.

I hate that he drives and films at the same time though, and Emilia's car seat should be at the opposite side to him, behind the passenger seat.

Also notice he loses his orange county teenage girl accent around his family, presumably because they would tease the fuck out of his "you guysesesese" and "AWSOMES".
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

geekinthepink wrote:
Gin0915 wrote:
language wrote: mhhh, but also her mum is half german? half german and what? I don't know. english/irish? there are parts in germany where baptising isn't common at all. in the eastern part of it. that's where I come from. every time I tell people that I haven't been baptised people from other places of Germany go "ooh, what? really? how/why/HUH?"

to me, it's not tthat big of a deal. if your whole family is Catholic though and with her dad's family being Italian... well, I don't know.
Yeah, she is, but she seems so Irish, lol. I don't know, Italians are some of the most traditional people I know when it comes to R. Catholic traditions. And I sometimes wonder if her father wasn't a domineering figure despite her mom being stricter. My family is traditionally RC but not religious, heck my sibling wasn't baptized till about 7-years-old, lol, and probably only because we lived in a small town and everyone was expected to have first communion. I'm no longer christian so really, I couldn't care less in the end. It'll be funny if they get into another altercation with his family if they don't baptize her.

Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

language wrote:
Gin0915 wrote:
language wrote: They might not baptize unless they give into family pressure. As far as Anna, I don't know, her father was Italian, I'd be very surprised if she wasn't baptized. Shocked actually, considering her roots. Yes, maybe they'd have to sign up with a parish and attend church for a while and whatever else it involved. But one can be christened later on in life, not just as a baby. Since Catholics believe in original sin I'd be shocked that they would deny anyone baptism. It would mean basically sending them to hell, no?
She said something about it ages ago, and then again for the wedding was the reason why they weren't getting married in the church. And, no, the Church believe that people who aren't members live in "blessed ignorance"- so they aren't held to the rules of the Church in terms of sinning, but they are judged on how moral their lives are. It's actually probably to not be a member of the Church because then things like Holy Days of Obligation and eating meat on Good Friday etc can't be held against you. /mindfuck
Are they that strict in Ireland? I've lived in continental Europe and they really weren't. My parents went to church a handful of times a year and ate what they wanted on Fridays. Bad Catholics, lol.

Return to “TheStyleDiet/SacconeJolys”