Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv- Part 13

Unread post by geekinthepink »

Bluewolf wrote:
language wrote:
Gin0915 wrote: They might do it out of tradition eventually. Their whole family is Catholic, no? I know lots of people who aren't that religious but do it out of long standing tradition and general expectation. Kind of hypocritical, but often done.
Em, no, it's more that they won't be able to- Anna says she wasn't raised religious and I think not baptised, and here you have to be attending church for months before your baby is born, or before you baptise them late for any priest to sign off on it. Since the church doesn't want people baptising their kids when they're not going to raise them in the church. Parents who do want it done out of tradition but don't regularly attend get around this by showing up for the last trimester regularly. If I remember right about Anna not being baptised, she'd have to get baptised and then they'd have to attend for a while before they go through with Emilia's... unless they didn't want her to present Emilia at the church and just let Johnathan be the sole parent in the eyes of the Church after he attended for a few months for the days of obligation. It's the case in most parishes here, they'd have to search pretty hard for a church willing to do it otherwise. You can get you baby blessed without actually being baptised, but then it's not actually a baptism/christening and means they're still not a member of the Church which those bracelets are meant to symbolise.

Not true of everywhere, some churches just ask you to attend a ore christening course :)

STOP THE FUCKING PRESS......Im slightly warming to him. The SHAME.

I hate that he drives and films at the same time though, and Emilia's car seat should be at the opposite side to him, behind the passenger seat.

Also notice he loses his orange county teenage girl accent around his family, presumably because they would tease the fuck out of his "you guysesesese" and "AWSOMES".
orange county teenage girl accent :rofl:
Jaeme
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Jaeme »

Like they needed any encouragement to dress up their kid.... :grrrr:
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Jaeme wrote:Image

teenage advice is best advice, UGUYZ.
language
Informer
Informer

Unread post by language »

Gin0915 wrote: Are they that strict in Ireland? I've lived in continental Europe and they really weren't. My parents went to church a handful of times a year and ate what they wanted on Fridays. Bad Catholics, lol.
It's come in over the past few years because so many people did it just because, tradition. (Now I have Fiddler on the Roof playing in my head) Bluewolf is right though, some places only want you to do a course before hand.... Which still doesn't make it likely for them to go through with (since they wouldn't do free ones for the physical care of their baby, let alone the spiritual) especially because oftentimes you have to pay for it.
I'd say Johnathan's family is more likely to be religious than Anna's- her parents are Americanised intellectuals, while his seem to be much more Dublin city working class.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

Bluewolf wrote:
language wrote:
Gin0915 wrote: They might do it out of tradition eventually. Their whole family is Catholic, no? I know lots of people who aren't that religious but do it out of long standing tradition and general expectation. Kind of hypocritical, but often done.
Em, no, it's more that they won't be able to- Anna says she wasn't raised religious and I think not baptised, and here you have to be attending church for months before your baby is born, or before you baptise them late for any priest to sign off on it. Since the church doesn't want people baptising their kids when they're not going to raise them in the church. Parents who do want it done out of tradition but don't regularly attend get around this by showing up for the last trimester regularly. If I remember right about Anna not being baptised, she'd have to get baptised and then they'd have to attend for a while before they go through with Emilia's... unless they didn't want her to present Emilia at the church and just let Johnathan be the sole parent in the eyes of the Church after he attended for a few months for the days of obligation. It's the case in most parishes here, they'd have to search pretty hard for a church willing to do it otherwise. You can get you baby blessed without actually being baptised, but then it's not actually a baptism/christening and means they're still not a member of the Church which those bracelets are meant to symbolise.

Not true of everywhere, some churches just ask you to attend a ore christening course :)

STOP THE FUCKING PRESS......Im slightly warming to him. The SHAME.

I hate that he drives and films at the same time though, and Emilia's car seat should be at the opposite side to him, behind the passenger seat.

Also notice he loses his orange county teenage girl accent around his family, presumably because they would tease the fuck out of his "you guysesesese" and "AWSOMES".
Lol, are you? I'm not, even after watching the last few vlogs. I cannot deal with his silly misguided monologues, his flagrant lack of education when it comes to the child, and the way he treats the baby exactly like he treats the dogs--she is clearly being distressed, yet he continues poking at her, just watch the beginning of the vlogs today. Poor kid. Yes, he is excited at being a new parent, but to me he comes off very selfish. Like it's a novelty plaything to him and he's only interested in exploring his own feeling when it comes to her. Not curious and excited about finding out who she is as an individual.
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

— The Master and Margarita
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

language wrote:
Gin0915 wrote: Are they that strict in Ireland? I've lived in continental Europe and they really weren't. My parents went to church a handful of times a year and ate what they wanted on Fridays. Bad Catholics, lol.
It's come in over the past few years because so many people did it just because, tradition. (Now I have Fiddler on the Roof playing in my head) Bluewolf is right though, some places only want you to do a course before hand.... Which still doesn't make it likely for them to go through with (since they wouldn't do free ones for the physical care of their baby, let alone the spiritual) especially because oftentimes you have to pay for it.
I'd say Johnathan's family is more likely to be religious than Anna's- her parents are Americanised intellectuals, while his seem to be much more Dublin city working class.
That's very true. His family probably might expect baptism, they did attend his nephew's christening (wearing jeans, no less, while all the men wore nice suits).
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

language
Informer
Informer

Gin0915 wrote: Lol, are you? I'm not, even after watching the last few vlogs. I cannot deal with his silly misguided monologues, his flagrant lack of education when it comes to the child, and the way he treats the baby exactly like he treats the dogs--she is clearly being distressed, yet he continues poking at her, just watch the beginning of the vlogs today. Poor kid. Yes, he is excited at being a new parent, but to me he comes off very selfish. Like it's a novelty plaything to him and he's only interested in exploring his own feeling when it comes to her. Not curious and excited about finding out who she is as an individual.
Omg, I hope she turns out like Emma.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

"Why would you not co-sleep with your baby?", he asks. Because your fat gut could crush her, dimwit!

language
Informer
Informer

Gin0915 wrote:"Why would you not co-sleep with your baby?", he asks. Because your fat gut could crush her, dimwit!
Because you'll suffocate her in dog shit.
lofticries
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lofticries »

geekinthepink wrote:
mhhh, but also her mum is half german? half german and what? I don't know. english/irish? there are parts in germany where baptising isn't common at all. in the eastern part of it. that's where I come from. every time I tell people that I haven't been baptised people from other places of Germany go "ooh, what? really? how/why/HUH?"

to me, it's not tthat big of a deal. if your whole family is Catholic though and with her dad's family being Italian... well, I don't know.

A friend of mine is from eastern germany too and she made this thing "Jugenweihe" or something and when she moved here and told people about that they found it pretty weird. I don't really know why some people make such a big deal of that. I'm catholic but I won't baptise my child. If it's old enough to decide on it's own I will support the decision but I find it pretty meaningless to baptise a little baby and force it into a religion it possibly won't even identify with. I hope that makes sense.
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

language wrote:
Gin0915 wrote: Lol, are you? I'm not, even after watching the last few vlogs. I cannot deal with his silly misguided monologues, his flagrant lack of education when it comes to the child, and the way he treats the baby exactly like he treats the dogs--she is clearly being distressed, yet he continues poking at her, just watch the beginning of the vlogs today. Poor kid. Yes, he is excited at being a new parent, but to me he comes off very selfish. Like it's a novelty plaything to him and he's only interested in exploring his own feeling when it comes to her. Not curious and excited about finding out who she is as an individual.
Omg, I hope she turns out like Emma.
oh i Loooooove emma. especially her cooking.
and does anyone remember when they gave her this expensive camera for her birthday? she hugged anna and then was like: kthxbai towards jonathan.

you gotta love her.
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lofticries wrote:
geekinthepink wrote:
mhhh, but also her mum is half german? half german and what? I don't know. english/irish? there are parts in germany where baptising isn't common at all. in the eastern part of it. that's where I come from. every time I tell people that I haven't been baptised people from other places of Germany go "ooh, what? really? how/why/HUH?"

to me, it's not tthat big of a deal. if your whole family is Catholic though and with her dad's family being Italian... well, I don't know.

A friend of mine is from eastern germany too and she made this thing "Jugenweihe" or something and when she moved here and told people about that they found it pretty weird. I don't really know why some people make such a big deal of that. I'm catholic but I won't baptise my child. If it's old enough to decide on it's own I will support the decision but I find it pretty meaningless to baptise a little baby and force it into a religion it possibly won't even identify with. I hope that makes sense.
exactly! it's called "jugendweihe", right. I had this kind of party, too. it's basically non-religious. you only "celebrate" being a teen and growing up. this usually takes place when you're 13 to 14 years old. but it's only an eastern-german thingy. :)
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

lofticries wrote:[quote="geekinthepink"

A friend of mine is from eastern germany too and she made this thing "Jugenweihe" or something and when she moved here and told people about that they found it pretty weird. I don't really know why some people make such a big deal of that. I'm catholic but I won't baptise my child. If it's old enough to decide on it's own I will support the decision but I find it pretty meaningless to baptise a little baby and force it into a religion it possibly won't even identify with. I hope that makes sense.[/quote]
It totally does, I'd do the same thing, but you know how the more religious element gets all up in arms about these things. That scene from Tess of D'Urbevilles just popped into my head, lol, where she had an out of wedlock baby and it died unchristened. The priest refused to bury it in holy ground and it was so heartbreaking for her.

language
Informer
Informer

geekinthepink wrote:
lofticries wrote:
geekinthepink wrote:

exactly! it's called "jugendweihe", right. I had this kind of party, too. it's basically non-religious. you only "celebrate" being a teen and growing up. this usually takes place when you're 13 to 14 years old. but it's only an eastern-german thingy. :)
Can I trade in my baptism for one of these?
geeklove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by geeklove »

Jaeme wrote:Image

Well, they're not totally wrong. that's why people put blankets over their car seats when they carry them around outside. it's not a bad idea to protect your babies eyes from the sun.
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

language wrote:
geekinthepink wrote:
lofticries wrote:

Can I trade in my baptism for one of these?
haha, feel free.
you know, I think baptising is nothing bad or anything but you "force" your child into being religious. don't know if I say that right. baptising doesn't have something to do with being religious on the long run. for example, most of my friends here (don't live in eastern germany anymore but in Hamburg) have been baptised but never see a church from the inside most of the year.

so I'm quite happy for not have been forced into a religion. I believe in all kinds of stuff but not really in the big dude up there.

sorry, religion is not a small talk topic. so please don't get offended.
VegasCupcake

Unread post by VegasCupcake »

Hi guys, I've been lurking for ages now but I died a little inside at today's vlog and had to vent somewhere!
Anna told us she DOESN'T LIKE MUSIC. How can a human not like music??? What is she??? I refuse to believe she is even human any more.
Also was anyone else almost screaming at the screen for her just to get Jonothan to ring her precious phone? It was on loud and they'd been looking for it "all day" and not thought of just ringing it.
Phew. Glad to have got that out!!!
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

VegasCupcake wrote:Hi guys, I've been lurking for ages now but I died a little inside at today's vlog and had to vent somewhere!
Anna told us she DOESN'T LIKE MUSIC. How can a human not like music??? What is she??? I refuse to believe she is even human any more.
Also was anyone else almost screaming at the screen for her just to get Jonothan to ring her precious phone? It was on loud and they'd been looking for it "all day" and not thought of just ringing it.
welcome :)

YEAH! I couldn't believe when she said that she doesn't like music. she must feel like killing fatty everytime he starts singing his little weird tunes. but really... I have no clue how you can not like music.
language
Informer
Informer

geekinthepink wrote: haha, feel free.
you know, I think baptising is nothing bad or anything but you "force" your child into being religious. don't know if I say that right. baptising doesn't have something to do with being religious on the long run. for example, most of my friends here (don't live in eastern germany anymore but in Hamburg) have been baptised but never see a church from the inside most of the year.

so I'm quite happy for not have been forced into a religion. I believe in all kinds of stuff but not really in the big dude up there.

sorry, religion is not a small talk topic. so please don't get offended.
Don't worry about it. I guess I just never felt forced into the religion- after all I'm lapsed like most all other Catholics. For me it's kind of more of a cultural thing I guess, so I don't really consider it forcing me anything. Like I don't feel like my parents forced me to learn their languages in infancy by speaking them to me, or forced me to wear certain types of clothes at that age, or forced me to listen to the music they like etc. They were just raising me in their culture at the time- they're now lapsed too. :D And it was a fun part of culture growing up as kid for me, but obviously a whole lot of people opted out and became lapsed once all the scandals broke and culture became more secular.
lofticries
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lofticries »

VegasCupcake wrote:Hi guys, I've been lurking for ages now but I died a little inside at today's vlog and had to vent somewhere!
I was even more annoyed when she told him to look for it under her pillow where she was laying on. What?

Return to “TheStyleDiet/SacconeJolys”