TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv- Part 13

Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv- Part 13

Unread post by Gin0915 »

LadyTheBug wrote:Omg, I thought that the world will end for Anna, just because she lost her phone and couldn't find it under the pillow. It was like somebody took a toy from a kid.
It's her outlet to the world, what else can we expect. :(
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

— The Master and Margarita
language
Informer
Informer

Unread post by language »

GentleHerpes wrote: She doesn't have very many friends, if at all, though. She just has MSD and her sisters, which she sees basically every day. And if she wanted to go out more, be independent, she should have gotten her driver's license so Jofus doesn't have to take her everywhere. They BOTH need to get out with their own family and friends separately more, as it would probably be more healthy.

As for tolerating the habits, hey.. That's who she decided to marry and be with, if she didn't like that, she shouldn't have married/stayed with him at all. That's nobody's fault but hers.

I was impressed with the way she acted with his family in today's vlog, moreso than how she acted with Jofus' mom.
She doesn't need a driver's licence, most people here use public transport or walk until they have small children to ferry. He doesn't have to take her everywhere, that's her excuse- just like her parents didn't have to take her everywhere apart from being protective of their child.

The problem is, she's no where to go. She doesn't have friends, certainly not close friends. At most she has flagging acquaintances from when she went to school, and she hasn't put in much effort there, and they might not share the same interests because they probably branched out a whole lot more than she did. The problem is, it's going to be really tough for her to make new ones, especially when she's avoiding any social situation where someone new might be there. She can't put down the phone to interact even with her broader family generally, won't go to classes (where at least there'd be the common element of How's your kid doing?), and it's not like she's going to join a group where she's not the focus or not perfect (like if she hung out with stylists at a refresher course she'd be a peer at best, and probably not the most talented or most interesting).

She's no foundation to build new adult friendships- the last time she made friends was when she was lumped in a class with them it seems, and even then being lumped in a class doesn't seem to have done much for her in the beauty course, and now she's wholly avoiding them. She's digging a deeper and deeper hole for herself in that respect because while everyone else in her age group is growing, learning, accustomed to minor rejections, and willing to be social... she just wants a fully formed perfect relationship despite having no skills to gain one and very little interests in which she would have actual peers (since even those into style and makeup at her age would have other things to talk about and be more in tune with the industry). She's like the awkward new transfer student in secondary education, only they fucked up and transferred her into the real adult world. Only it's her fuck up and Johnathan's, not some transfer board's, and she's refusing to believe that someone else won't fix that and she'll be back in high school any day with a plastic fantastic clique. It's like Freaky Friday where she learns nothing and she just winds up ageing in someone else's already older body.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

GentleHerpes wrote:
Gin0915 wrote:
Lea wrote:I'm starting to feel really bad for Jonathan. Anna seems really emotionally manipulative and Jonathan seems to compensate with his humour. His family seem lovely though, so warm and friendly.

He's doing the best he can. With Sina and Albi he kept saying 'not too close' whilst Anna was just crying about the dogs meeting their 'baby sister'. You can kinda see in his eyes a kind of sadness after Anna critises him - the first time at the hospital with the outfits and the second today regarding the phone. Bless him. :(

I know vlogging whilst driving isn't the safest thing to do but to me it looks like he is holding the steering wheel and resting the camera on top so it's not like he's holding his arm out vertical and driving one handed y'know? Obviously that's not safe but you see people texting away whilst driving or eating a hamburger on the motorway so it could be worse haha.
I don't feel sorry for him. He thinks that all they need is each other and it's fine and great to spend all their time together. Dofus needs to wake up, she's cranky and mean because she has no outlet for anything. He's had her cooped up for at least a year. More and more so throughout their relationship. She needs people, company, friends, interests, etc. I'd be mean too in her position. She needs professional help as she's not able to pick herself up from this mire. He makes her feel guilty whenever they are separated by whining and acting like a child. It's funny, he's a father figure in a sense to her, but he's also her child in another. She tolerates a lot of his annoying habits and he's got some doozies. She was actually pretty alive with his family there and behaved quite animatedly. Just because he thinks he doesn't need anybody but her (he's wrong) doesn't mean she won't greatly benefit and become nicer if she gets her own life.
She doesn't have very many friends, if at all, though. She just has MSD and her sisters, which she sees basically every day. And if she wanted to go out more, be independent, she should have gotten her driver's license so Jofus doesn't have to take her everywhere. They BOTH need to get out with their own family and friends separately more, as it would probably be more healthy.

As for tolerating the habits, hey.. That's who she decided to marry and be with, if she didn't like that, she shouldn't have married/stayed with him at all. That's nobody's fault but hers.

I was impressed with the way she acted with his family in today's vlog, moreso than how she acted with Jofus' mom.
She doesn't have friends because she either dropped them or they dropped her. Probably because she gradually got sucked into the relationship with Dofus. Not saying it's not her fault also. She could go out and make some and he should be able to see the importance of it and encourage it, not stupidly think everything is fine and dandy. Personally, I never saw that "hey, she married him, it's her own fault" as a reason to blame someone. Relationships are not that simple. One can be emotionally unfit to be in a relationship and not realize it. She may have found him amusing and refreshing at the beginning. Later on, she may have been too weak, too involved or felt too guilty to leave him. Same goes for gaining independence. She allowed herself to be so led by him it'll be incredibly difficult now to strike out on her own. Like I said, she seems to need professional help and Dofus is not likely to help her find any unless things really go downhill.
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

language
Informer
Informer

Gin0915 wrote:
Like I said, she seems to need professional help and Dofus is not likely to help her find any unless things really go downhill.
Yeah I'm thinking that too- the first time we're going to hear of any problem with Anna or the baby is when there's an emergency hospital visit and they can't explain a "cast member" being absent. :?
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

language wrote:
GentleHerpes wrote: She doesn't have very many friends, if at all, though. She just has MSD and her sisters, which she sees basically every day. And if she wanted to go out more, be independent, she should have gotten her driver's license so Jofus doesn't have to take her everywhere. They BOTH need to get out with their own family and friends separately more, as it would probably be more healthy.

She doesn't need a driver's licence, most people here use public transport or walk until they have small children to ferry. He doesn't have to take her everywhere, that's her excuse- just like her parents didn't have to take her everywhere apart from being protective of their child.

The problem is, she's no where to go. She doesn't have friends, certainly not close friends. At most she has flagging acquaintances from when she went to school, and she hasn't put in much effort there, and they might not share the same interests because they probably branched out a whole lot more than she did. The problem is, it's going to be really tough for her to make new ones, especially when she's avoiding any social situation where someone new might be there. She can't put down the phone to interact even with her broader family generally, won't go to classes (where at least there'd be the common element of How's your kid doing?), and it's not like she's going to join a group where she's not the focus or not perfect (like if she hung out with stylists at a refresher course she'd be a peer at best, and probably not the most talented or most interesting).

She's no foundation to build new adult friendships- the last time she made friends was when she was lumped in a class with them it seems, and even then being lumped in a class doesn't seem to have done much for her in the beauty course, and now she's wholly avoiding them. She's digging a deeper and deeper hole for herself in that respect because while everyone else in her age group is growing, learning, accustomed to minor rejections, and willing to be social... she just wants a fully formed perfect relationship despite having no skills to gain one and very little interests in which she would have actual peers (since even those into style and makeup at her age would have other things to talk about and be more in tune with the industry). She's like the awkward new transfer student in secondary education, only they fucked up and transferred her into the real adult world. Only it's her fuck up and Johnathan's, not some transfer board's, and she's refusing to believe that someone else won't fix that and she'll be back in high school any day with a plastic fantastic clique. It's like Freaky Friday where she learns nothing and she just winds up ageing in someone else's already older body.
Agreed, she's in over her head and it would be hard as hell to pull herself out of it on her own. It's actually kind of worrying because she's not even trying anymore. How does he not see it? The best way now (well, not now-now, with the baby and all) is to try and recall something she wanted to do in the past. There must have been something. And find a class/club/meeting to do with it. Or freaking group therapy.

geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by geekinthepink »

Gin0915 wrote:
GentleHerpes wrote:
Gin0915 wrote:
He's doing the best he can. With Sina and Albi he kept saying 'not too close' whilst Anna was just crying about the dogs meeting their 'baby sister'. You can kinda see in his eyes a kind of sadness after Anna critises him - the first time at the hospital with the outfits and the second today regarding the phone. Bless him. :(

I know vlogging whilst driving isn't the safest thing to do but to me it looks like he is holding the steering wheel and resting the camera on top so it's not like he's holding his arm out vertical and driving one handed y'know? Obviously that's not safe but you see people texting away whilst driving or eating a hamburger on the motorway so it could be worse haha.
I don't feel sorry for him. He thinks that all they need is each other and it's fine and great to spend all their time together. Dofus needs to wake up, she's cranky and mean because she has no outlet for anything. He's had her cooped up for at least a year. More and more so throughout their relationship. She needs people, company, friends, interests, etc. I'd be mean too in her position. She needs professional help as she's not able to pick herself up from this mire. He makes her feel guilty whenever they are separated by whining and acting like a child. It's funny, he's a father figure in a sense to her, but he's also her child in another. She tolerates a lot of his annoying habits and he's got some doozies. She was actually pretty alive with his family there and behaved quite animatedly. Just because he thinks he doesn't need anybody but her (he's wrong) doesn't mean she won't greatly benefit and become nicer if she gets her own life.
She doesn't have very many friends, if at all, though. She just has MSD and her sisters, which she sees basically every day. And if she wanted to go out more, be independent, she should have gotten her driver's license so Jofus doesn't have to take her everywhere. They BOTH need to get out with their own family and friends separately more, as it would probably be more healthy.

She doesn't have friends because she either dropped them or they dropped her. Probably because she gradually got sucked into the relationship with Dofus. Not saying it's not her fault also. She could go out and make some and he should be able to see the importance of it and encourage it, not stupidly think everything is fine and dandy. Personally, I never saw that "hey, she married him, it's her own fault" as a reason to blame someone. Relationships are not that simple. One can be emotionally unfit to be in a relationship and not realize it. She may have found him amusing and refreshing at the beginning. Later on, she may have been too weak, too involved or felt too guilty to leave him. Same goes for gaining independence. She allowed herself to be so led by him it'll be incredibly difficult now to strike out on her own. Like I said, she seems to need professional help and Dofus is not likely to help her find any unless things really go downhill.[/quote]

when I started dating my boyfriend, I found it really hard to not put him first all the time. one has to learn quickly how to deal with this situation. otherwise, your friends will be PISSED because you only come running to them when you've had an argument with the bf.

anna always seemed quite sweet but very insecure when she was with other girls (dulce's visit comes to mind). but I think, jofatso changed her for the worse and now she's like his third leg.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

language wrote:
Gin0915 wrote:
Like I said, she seems to need professional help and Dofus is not likely to help her find any unless things really go downhill.
Yeah I'm thinking that too- the first time we're going to hear of any problem with Anna or the baby is when there's an emergency hospital visit and they can't explain a "cast member" being absent. :?
She might have some sort of breakdown or go catatonic, yikes.

GentleHerpes

Unread post by GentleHerpes »

Gin0915 wrote: She doesn't have friends because she either dropped them or they dropped her. Probably because she gradually got sucked into the relationship with Dofus. Not saying it's not her fault also. She could go out and make some and he should be able to see the importance of it and encourage it, not stupidly think everything is fine and dandy. Personally, I never saw that "hey, she married him, it's her own fault" as a reason to blame someone. Relationships are not that simple. One can be emotionally unfit to be in a relationship and not realize it. She may have found him amusing and refreshing at the beginning. Later on, she may have been too weak, too involved or felt too guilty to leave him. Same goes for gaining independence. She allowed herself to be so led by him it'll be incredibly difficult now to strike out on her own. Like I said, she seems to need professional help and Dofus is not likely to help her find any unless things really go downhill.
Agreed. If she'd just put down the phone and maybe take some parenting/breastfeeding/any classes with her daughter, she'd be able to make some new parenting friends and would probably have play dates for Emelia along the way. But nope, the app on her phone knows everything. To me, she seems really insecure and clings onto Jofus, yet is cranky and manipulative towards him. Personally, I wouldn't marry, let alone make a baby with someone if I wasn't completely in love with them and could put up with them regardless of whatever's happening. Being annoyed at your SO sometimes, sure. Bitching, manipulating and being stuck up, no. I value independence and being able to do things on my own (driving myself places, making my own money, holding my own degree, being able to support myself). To each their own. She had, what, 5 or so years to figure this all out. But I agree, she needs professional help.
soconfused

Unread post by soconfused »

in her latet video she spends more time looking into the camera in a full face of makeup then she seems to care about having the actual baby.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

geekinthepink wrote:
Gin0915 wrote: She doesn't have friends because she either dropped them or they dropped her. Probably because she gradually got sucked into the relationship with Dofus. Not saying it's not her fault also. She could go out and make some and he should be able to see the importance of it and encourage it, not stupidly think everything is fine and dandy. Personally, I never saw that "hey, she married him, it's her own fault" as a reason to blame someone. Relationships are not that simple. One can be emotionally unfit to be in a relationship and not realize it. She may have found him amusing and refreshing at the beginning. Later on, she may have been too weak, too involved or felt too guilty to leave him. Same goes for gaining independence. She allowed herself to be so led by him it'll be incredibly difficult now to strike out on her own. Like I said, she seems to need professional help and Dofus is not likely to help her find any unless things really go downhill.
when I started dating my boyfriend, I found it really hard to not put him first all the time. one has to learn quickly how to deal with this situation. otherwise, your friends will be PISSED because you only come running to them when you've had an argument with the bf.

anna always seemed quite sweet but very insecure when she was with other girls (dulce's visit comes to mind). but I think, jofatso changed her for the worse and now she's like his third leg.
Lol, that's why I have a rule to not see the guy more than once a week, then slowly increase it. But I'm mean to guys and expect them to find me and run after me, lol.
Yes, I remember watching Dulce's visit, Anna was very nice and so shy. Dofus did not have a good effect on her at all. And the silly goose allowed it to happen, why?

language
Informer
Informer

Gin0915 wrote:
language wrote:
Gin0915 wrote:
She might have some sort of breakdown or go catatonic, yikes.
I don't think they've read up that much about post partum depression, which they really should because she already has a tendency to mental illness and bad coping skills. It's even scarier as well because if they ignore that, some cases go into post partum psychosis where people think genuinely weird things and act out on them, not just have the emotional things that they act out. Even without that though, she's obviously not over her ED, and that happens to a lot of sufferers- that they manage for a while and it comes back... I'm not buying her I had food issues for two weeks and told someone and magical recovery. That's incredibly rare for eating disorders- they have pretty high relapse rates and she meets pretty much every single one of the high risk of relapse categories, from working in fashion with public exposure to having poor social connections. The social connections she had back when she was first dealing with it are certainly gone, I don't see why this hasn't raised any flags for Johnathan and she didn't had an intervention when she didn't even want to eat to bring the baby's weight up. That would have been the point to say, you're not staying in what's a toxic environment for your mental health currently.
LadyTheBug
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by LadyTheBug »

You are all talking about Anna, but imagine what happens when Emilia grows up! How she feels when she can't play with other children just because her parents don't communicate with other people. Usually it is good to the mothers (and babies) to go and meet other mothers and babies in some kind of mother-baby program. Babies can communicate with other babies, because it is extremely necessary and essential for their mental development. I really can't imagine Anna doing all that.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

GentleHerpes wrote:
Agreed. If she'd just put down the phone and maybe take some parenting/breastfeeding/any classes with her daughter, she'd be able to make some new parenting friends and would probably have play dates for Emelia along the way. But nope, the app on her phone knows everything. To me, she seems really insecure and clings onto Jofus, yet is cranky and manipulative towards him. Personally, I wouldn't marry, let alone make a baby with someone if I wasn't completely in love with them and could put up with them regardless of whatever's happening. Being annoyed at your SO sometimes, sure. Bitching, manipulating and being stuck up, no. I value independence and being able to do things on my own (driving myself places, making my own money, holding my own degree, being able to support myself). To each their own. She had, what, 5 or so years to figure this all out. But I agree, she needs professional help.
Yes, dammit, why not go amongst people when it has been made so easy for her. All she had to do was sign up. It may have been awkward at first but not for long. She uses that phone like some sort of a shield against the real world. And why go for such a huge commitment like a baby? I hope she didn't see the child as some sort of cure-all or, like the phone a barrier between herself and the big bad outside.

geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by geekinthepink »

Gin0915 wrote:
geekinthepink wrote:

Lol, that's why I have a rule to not see the guy more than once a week, then slowly increase it. But I'm mean to guys and expect them to find me and run after me, lol.
Yes, I remember watching Dulce's visit, Anna was very nice and so shy. Dofus did not have a good effect on her at all. And the silly goose allowed it to happen, why?
my bf doesn't live in the same city, so i only see him every two to four weeks but for now, I am happy the way it is. the days you spend together are so important that you try not to ruin them by being bitchy. I couldn't imagine to be in a relationship likr these two are in. I would go nuts.
language
Informer
Informer

LadyTheBug wrote:You are all talking about Anna, but imagine what happens when Emilia grows up! How she feels when she can't play with other children just because her parents don't communicate with other people. Usually it is good to the mothers (and babies) to go and meet other mothers and babies in some kind of mother-baby program. Babies can communicate with other babies, because it is extremely necessary and essential for their mental development. I really can't imagine Anna doing all that.
My bigger concern with these two is *if* Emilia grows up.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

language wrote: I don't think they've read up that much about post partum depression, which they really should because she already has a tendency to mental illness and bad coping skills. It's even scarier as well because if they ignore that, some cases go into post partum psychosis where people think genuinely weird things and act out on them, not just have the emotional things that they act out. Even without that though, she's obviously not over her ED, and that happens to a lot of sufferers- that they manage for a while and it comes back... I'm not buying her I had food issues for two weeks and told someone and magical recovery. That's incredibly rare for eating disorders- they have pretty high relapse rates and she meets pretty much every single one of the high risk of relapse categories, from working in fashion with public exposure to having poor social connections. The social connections she had back when she was first dealing with it are certainly gone, I don't see why this hasn't raised any flags for Johnathan and she didn't had an intervention when she didn't even want to eat to bring the baby's weight up. That would have been the point to say, you're not staying in what's a toxic environment for your mental health currently.
As far as her ED, I think she has issues but it's not anorexia or bulimia. I don't thinks so anyways. Many of us agreed she eats more that she admits. I forget what's that called. She clearly gained some weight with the baby so she couldn't just have been eating what she claimed unless the girls has the sluggiest metabolism ever. Food issues she has.

geeklove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by geeklove »

Lea wrote:I'm starting to feel really bad for Jonathan. Anna seems really emotionally manipulative and Jonathan seems to compensate with his humour. His family seem lovely though, so warm and friendly.

He has a stick shift. it requires both hands. And it is VERY dangerous when your attention is split it will be even more dangerous if he were by himself, vlogging and having to pay attention to Emilia.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

LadyTheBug wrote:You are all talking about Anna, but imagine what happens when Emilia grows up! How she feels when she can't play with other children just because her parents don't communicate with other people. Usually it is good to the mothers (and babies) to go and meet other mothers and babies in some kind of mother-baby program. Babies can communicate with other babies, because it is extremely necessary and essential for their mental development. I really can't imagine Anna doing all that.
I did mention Emilia before, thinking it not unlikely that she'll pick up Anna's issues as those things get passed down easily from mother to daughter. At this stage I cannot imagine Anna doing all that either :(.

Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

geekinthepink wrote:
Gin0915 wrote: Lol, that's why I have a rule to not see the guy more than once a week, then slowly increase it. But I'm mean to guys and expect them to find me and run after me, lol.
my bf doesn't live in the same city, so i only see him every two to four weeks but for now, I am happy the way it is. the days you spend together are so important that you try not to ruin them by being bitchy. I couldn't imagine to be in a relationship likr these two are in. I would go nuts.
Yes, I remember you mentioning this. Even in new relationship, I never wanted to spend a ton of time with the guy and I still saw my friends more than him, lol. But that's me. Now we're in a situation with my husband where we are almost as bad as LeDuf. Not by choice though and it sucks. Hopefully it'll be over soon, because I cannot freaking wait. I don't get Anna, lol.

language
Informer
Informer

Gin0915 wrote:
language wrote: I don't think they've read up that much about post partum depression, which they really should because she already has a tendency to mental illness and bad coping skills. It's even scarier as well because if they ignore that, some cases go into post partum psychosis where people think genuinely weird things and act out on them, not just have the emotional things that they act out. Even without that though, she's obviously not over her ED, and that happens to a lot of sufferers- that they manage for a while and it comes back... I'm not buying her I had food issues for two weeks and told someone and magical recovery. That's incredibly rare for eating disorders- they have pretty high relapse rates and she meets pretty much every single one of the high risk of relapse categories, from working in fashion with public exposure to having poor social connections. The social connections she had back when she was first dealing with it are certainly gone, I don't see why this hasn't raised any flags for Johnathan and she didn't had an intervention when she didn't even want to eat to bring the baby's weight up. That would have been the point to say, you're not staying in what's a toxic environment for your mental health currently.
As far as her ED, I think she has issues but it's not anorexia or bulimia. I don't thinks so anyways. Many of us agreed she eats more that she admits. I forget what's that called. She clearly gained some weight with the baby so she couldn't just have been eating what she claimed unless the girls has the sluggiest metabolism ever. Food issues she has.
Eating disorders aren't actually about losing or gaining weight- it's about lying about your food intake, feeling shame and guilty and insecure and deal with that through eating or not or purging. Lots of bulimics don't even lose that much weight if they do go on for years- it slows your metabolism, confuses the hell out of your body, and makes other permanent damage, but it's not exactly a way to lose weight so much as gain control. Anorexia tends to be more obvious because most of them have obvious weight loss which most people associate with EDs. It's the trying to control your sense of self through food which makes it so damaging for both of them- the weight loss, the teeth loss, the other health problems are just symptoms. But things like counting grapes and feeling the need to either lie about what she had Tuesday or restrict her diet so it looks like Tuesday is a normal day are both symptoms of that need for a sense of self (which she obviously defines through how she thinks people see her) and control. It's a very fucked up place to be even if you don't have critical weight loss, and a lot of bulimics and anorexics get refused from hospitals because they haven't lost enough weight to count as sick enough. (Which is a truly fucked up thing that the medical profession does at times- meaning that people often die with a BMI above eighteen and outside of hospital, but still with all the same basic problems.) Weight loss isn't the key to it- that's a lie ED sufferers tell themselves and a belief that society holds which makes it harder for them to get help.
(Sorry I'm being evangelical, but it's a subject close to heart.)

Return to “TheStyleDiet/SacconeJolys”