TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv- Part 13

BlueEyedBelle
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv- Part 13

Unread post by BlueEyedBelle »

I agree with the poster who mention Dofus's manners when receiving a gift. When they got that bracelet from their family the other day he said something like "oh did you get this at the petrol station on the way over here?" what in the hell??? Who says that? It looked like a perfectly nice bracelet, and even if it did look cheap or something you should never insult someone's gift they just gave you. He has no manners, he is so socially awkward.
magicdragon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by magicdragon »

MakeupGirly wrote:
I don't think they would be eligible for any kind of welfare payments. They definitely can't claim job seeker's allowance because they aren't looking for work. There is also family income supplement, but if you are self employed you can't get that. Don't know if they are classed as self employed or not. Of course, they will get child benefit for Emilia, €140 ($183) a month. Every family in Ireland with kids gets that though. I don't know if there are welfare payments for people who chose to make Youtube videos or not lol.
Might be worth noting that if they are 'self-employed' they should still be paying tax. I wonder if they do their returns? Would be interesting to know how they are set up. Jofus, come on and give us one of your intellectual rants on that assuming you're well above board with revenue department
magicdragon
Gossiper
Gossiper

BlueEyedBelle wrote:I agree with the poster who mention Dofus's manners when receiving a gift. When they got that bracelet from their family the other day he said something like "oh did you get this at the petrol station on the way over here?" what in the hell??? Who says that? It looked like a perfectly nice bracelet, and even if it did look cheap or something you should never insult someone's gift they just gave you. He has no manners, he is so socially awkward.
Yip, my heart went out to the father who had made the effort to visit so soon despite all that has been said about him ''publicly" in the past. It was a horrible thing to say when 'thank you, it's lovely' would have been sufficient. Even Anna appeared to be somewhat embarrassed by what Jofus said. I would hope I was never so rude to my father when he was alive.
Bluewolf
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bluewolf »

MakeupGirly wrote: I don't think they would be eligible for any kind of welfare payments. They definitely can't claim job seeker's allowance because they aren't looking for work. There is also family income supplement, but if you are self employed you can't get that. Don't know if they are classed as self employed or not. Of course, they will get child benefit for Emilia, €140 ($183) a month. Every family in Ireland with kids gets that though. I don't know if there are welfare payments for people who chose to make Youtube videos or not lol.

Hmm, I wonder do they class themselves as self employed though and do they pay tax as self employed people, I think FIS is means tested so their monthly income would have to be below a certain amount to claim that.

It's just something that crossed my mind. Also there are plenty of people NIT actively looking for work but are claiming JSA/JSB.

The driving thing really REALLY bugs me so much, especially given the hundreds killed in car accidents, he is playing with fire filming and driving.
Bluewolf
Informer
Informer

magicdragon wrote:
BlueEyedBelle wrote:I agree with the poster who mention Dofus's manners when receiving a gift. When they got that bracelet from their family the other day he said something like "oh did you get this at the petrol station on the way over here?" what in the hell??? Who says that? It looked like a perfectly nice bracelet, and even if it did look cheap or something you should never insult someone's gift they just gave you. He has no manners, he is so socially awkward.
Yip, my heart went out to the father who had made the effort to visit so soon despite all that has been said about him ''publicly" in the past. It was a horrible thing to say when 'thank you, it's lovely' would have been sufficient. Even Anna appeared to be somewhat embarrassed by what Jofus said. I would hope I was never so rude to my father when he was alive.
I'm not in ANYWAY defending him BUT I think that may just be a cultural difference. Irish people tease each other and are mercilessly sarcastic and it's all in good humour. That's just par for the course even though at first it may be quite shocking to others it's just the norm in Ireland.
I did not that he didn't say thank you though, at least not on film.
magicdragon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Bluewolf wrote:
magicdragon wrote:
I'm not in ANYWAY defending him BUT I think that may just be a cultural difference. Irish people tease each other and are mercilessly sarcastic and it's all in good humour. That's just par for the course even though at first it may be quite shocking to others it's just the norm in Ireland.
I did not that he didn't say thank you though, at least not on film.
I'm Irish and I say 'thank you'. I've observed it with him all the time. Even if Mama StyleDiet does something nice for them he'll make some comment taking the good out of it rather than say thank you. If he was 14 or 15 I could overlook it but he's 32 for gods sake!
MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MakeupGirly »

Hmm I wouldn't say it's totally the norm, I know we do take the piss out of each other something rotten, but if I get a gift from someone I'll joke around, and then get serious and say I love it and thank you. He seems to forget to do the last bit.
Bluewolf
Informer
Informer

Ah lads come on I'm Irish too, it is the norm. I could see that conversation happening in any house to be honest. He should've said thanks though, but mayb he did.
magicdragon
Gossiper
Gossiper

MakeupGirly wrote:Hmm I wouldn't say it's totally the norm, I know we do take the piss out of each other something rotten, but if I get a gift from someone I'll joke around, and then get serious and say I love it and thank you. He seems to forget to do the last bit.
As the poster above says 'He's socially awkward'. It describes him to a tee in this situation.
I remember being stunned watching one vlog at how he interacted with some woman at the market who was being friendly to the two of them. He was just staring like a rabbit with the teeth hanging out and then made some rude comments to teh camera. Anna's cousins wedding was another great example. In fairness, at least she can interact with people still to some degree when forced to mingle with others.
Bluewolf
Informer
Informer

magicdragon wrote:
MakeupGirly wrote:Hmm I wouldn't say it's totally the norm, I know we do take the piss out of each other something rotten, but if I get a gift from someone I'll joke around, and then get serious and say I love it and thank you. He seems to forget to do the last bit.
As the poster above says 'He's socially awkward'. It describes him to a tee in this situation.
I remember being stunned watching one vlog at how he interacted with some woman at the market who was being friendly to the two of them. He was just staring like a rabbit with the teeth hanging out and then made some rude comments to teh camera. Anna's cousins wedding was another great example. In fairness, at least she can interact with people still to some degree when forced to mingle with others.

I think I may need to watch a bit more of them to get a better picture but I don't know if my twitching eye can take it! ;)
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by geekinthepink »

Bluewolf wrote:
magicdragon wrote:

I think I may need to watch a bit more of them to get a better picture but I don't know if my twitching eye can take it! ;)
on your own risk :)
Butterfly008
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Butterfly008 »

Just wondering where they are going with Emilia... Something written like 'going out to town' above the picture.
The way I remember breastfeeding a newborn baby is nursing about every half hour to an hour!
I seriously couldn't get out at all....
BlueEyedBelle
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BlueEyedBelle »

They are first time parents, and knowing J&A they probably want to go to the mall or something to show Emilia off and have people tell Anna she looks amazing for just giving birth.
magicdragon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Butterfly008 wrote:Just wondering where they are going with Emilia... Something written like 'going out to town' above the picture.
The way I remember breastfeeding a newborn baby is nursing about every half hour to an hour!
It's ironic they'll suddenly be out and about all the time now when they never were before.
language
Informer
Informer

Unread post by language »

magicdragon wrote:
Butterfly008 wrote:Just wondering where they are going with Emilia... Something written like 'going out to town' above the picture.
It's ironic they'll suddenly be out and about all the time now when they never were before.
Ugh, yes, let's expose our newborn to lots of people just at the start of schools opening when infection rates tend to be highest. For Christmas maybe we can get her flu. >.<
MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MakeupGirly »

Well she could always just sit and breast feed, but I don't think Anna would be the type to whip out her boob in public.
monroe
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by monroe »

Ok, first of all, you girls are on fire :D It took me two days to go through the second part of the topic :D

I really don't get that 'i don't like music' thing. I understand people that don't like dogs, cats, motorcycles, mayonaisse (that's me :D , maybe I spelled it wrong),..etc.
But, MUSIC, really? It's like: I don't like movies. Or I don't like reality. Or I don't like blankets.
Yeah, I just don't get it.
:|

About the baptism..
They didn't marry in a chruch, did they? I think it's weird they would baptise her if they didn't marry in a church. Am I talking nonsense? :D I'm not sure how it goes.
I'm from Slovenia, which is suppose to be a catholic country, but not as much as Ireland, I think. Here, if you are religious you marry in a chruch and have a church wedding, and if you're not you marry at a public 'office' or however it's called and you have a civil wedding.
And I don't know where I'm going with this, but... Yeah, I wanted to say that normally in Europe it's not considered socially 'bad' not to be baptised, but I would think Irish people would like to do that.. After all, Ireland is a very very religious country, as I think I said previously. They are, I think the only (anyone knows?) European country with a ban on abortion. It is illegal unless a woman's life is endangered by the continuation of her pregnancy (the last sentence is from wikipedia).
Sorry if you didn't understand this part, I didn't either, I'm so confused in my head right now :D

And I do think Jonathan is far more excited for Emilia to be here and Anna hasn't bonded with her at all. I get the feeling he wanted this baby badly (he always seemed like baby material to me) and she actually never wanted her that much (You can't just change your opinion on babies in a heartbeat, come on!) Maybe they made a pact: she gets a wedding, he gets a baby? :P And as much as I hate him poking Emilia you can see he loves her deeply.
It's all make believe, isn't it?
M.M.
nickypicky
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by nickypicky »

Why did they prop the baby in her lil chair on the floor like that?? she was quite away from Anna who was sitting on the couch- she had to reach over and down -I swear it was for the sake of the freakin dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!! She loves them more than her daughter!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x

Jaeme
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Jaeme »

Aaaaand they're whoring the poor baby out again for more attention.

I do find it slightly amusing that they chose to put that advert on the page as his story :hee:

beautyish2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by beautyish2 »

Jaeme wrote:Aaaaand they're whoring the poor baby out again for more attention.

I do find it slightly amusing that they chose to put that advert on the page as his story :hee:

they have no shame

Return to “TheStyleDiet/SacconeJolys”