TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv- Part 13

Lea
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv- Part 13

Unread post by Lea »

I'm English and I've never seen the chest clips. http://www.mothercare.com/baby-car-seat ... lt,sc.html
lalaa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lalaa »

sand and water wrote:Someone said the 5-point harness wasn't legal in Ireland, so I guess the carseat dumb and dumber has is the right one.
oh really? i didn't know. my bad, then. i still think the gaping whole by her chest is unsafe, but i've never had a baby so what do i know ...
nickypicky
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by nickypicky »

lalaa wrote:
sand and water wrote:Someone said the 5-point harness wasn't legal in Ireland, so I guess the carseat dumb and dumber has is the right one.
oh really? i didn't know. my bad, then. i still think the gaping whole by her chest is unsafe, but i've never had a baby so what do i know ...

They r too cute :D the baby just looks unsecured either way in that car seat. :?
MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MakeupGirly »

Ya can't say I've ever seen a car seat with a chest clip here in Ireland, but that doesn't mean one country is right and one is wrong. Different countries feel different systems work best. I will say though that most car seats for infants are a lot more padded then that one! Does not look very comfortable. I also don't get why they never cover her in a blanket! It's cold here in Ireland right now, like I said earlier, only about 10c (50F)
lalaa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lalaa »

nickypicky wrote:
lalaa wrote:

They r too cute :D the baby just looks unsecured either way in that car seat. :?
it might just be a case of her being too small for the seat right now. they could bundle her up in a couple blankets and secure the straps tighter? i'm not sure..
Bluewolf
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bluewolf »

nickypicky wrote:
lalaa wrote:

I can only speak for myself but I've never seen a chest strap like that on a 0-9 month baby seat in Ireland. My son didn't have one and while the car seat may look unsecured, they're not. The straps can be tightened very tightly by a button at the bottom and all car seats for this age group are rear facing till 12 months.
Theirs did look like it needed to be tightened and a head support fitted. It does look like a cheaper range car seat but I'm sure it met with safety standards.
Now driving with her placed on the wrong side of the car and with him using a camera now that's a whole other kettle of fish......
featherly
Informer
Informer

Unread post by featherly »

prettyitalianbella wrote:why are people bashing co-sleeping?? :?
Because that's where Anna and Jofus bumped uglies.
No human should be subject to sleep in such a bed.
lalaa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lalaa »

Bluewolf wrote:
nickypicky wrote:

I can only speak for myself but I've never seen a chest strap like that on a 0-9 month baby seat in Ireland. My son didn't have one and while the car seat may look unsecured, they're not. The straps can be tightened very tightly by a button at the bottom and all car seats for this age group are rear facing till 12 months.
Theirs did look like it needed to be tightened and a head support fitted. It does look like a cheaper range car seat but I'm sure it met with safety standards.
Now driving with her placed on the wrong side of the car and with him using a camera now that's a whole other kettle of fish......
i remember their travel system being fairly expensive, no? and you're right (and how makeupgirly mentioned) she might need extra padding and the straps tightened indeed.
lalaa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lalaa »

:grrrr: sometimes quoting is a complete fail on my part...i apologize.
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sand and water »

SOOO I looked it up. Apparently the chest clips don't come with the car seat because the law over in Ireland and the UK (not sure about other countries) says that in the case of an accident the parent should be able to get the child out with one clip. I'm sorry but to me I would rather take the extra seconds to unclip the chest clip then to have the baby fly out of the car seat. I will say this though. Dummy needs to tighten those straps for sure.
Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something you do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for." ~ Elder Neal Anderson.
yoursandmine

Unread post by yoursandmine »

sand and water wrote:SOOO I looked it up. Apparently the chest clips don't come with the car seat because the law over in Ireland and the UK (not sure about other countries) says that in the case of an accident the parent should be able to get the child out with one clip. I'm sorry but to me I would rather take the extra seconds to unclip the chest clip then to have the baby fly out of the car seat. I will say this though. Dummy needs to tighten those straps for sure.
I totally agree with you. Seeing Emilia in that car seat, especially when he's vlogging in the car makes me so nervous..
Bluewolf
Informer
Informer

lalaa wrote:
Bluewolf wrote:
nickypicky wrote:

i remember their travel system being fairly expensive, no? and you're right (and how makeupgirly mentioned) she might need extra padding and the straps tightened indeed.

Could be, I could be wrong in that. I don't know what brand it is, that was just an assumption based on appearance from me.
I'm not so hot with the quote machine myself! ;)
Bluewolf
Informer
Informer

sand and water wrote:SOOO I looked it up. Apparently the chest clips don't come with the car seat because the law over in Ireland and the UK (not sure about other countries) says that in the case of an accident the parent should be able to get the child out with one clip. I'm sorry but to me I would rather take the extra seconds to unclip the chest clip then to have the baby fly out of the car seat. I will say this though. Dummy needs to tighten those straps for sure.

It's very hard to describe but trust me when a baby is properly strapped and buckled in, they'd want to be the size of a marble to fly out of it! ;)
MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Anna finally gave Beth recognition for that video she made, she must feel like all her Christmasses have come at once!
MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Bluewolf wrote:

It's very hard to describe but trust me when a baby is properly strapped and buckled in, they'd want to be the size of a marble to fly out of it! ;)
I agree, plus if they are rear facing, they won't go flying forward when you break.
lalaa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lalaa »

i just watched the video and anna states that in the new house they have a dishwasher and better tumble dryer. they've both mentioned things like this in the last month or so. i'm assuming they already have their new place but just haven't shown it. also, i think they bought a house this time around rather than renting, because let's get real, did they have any other choice with 6 dogs, lol.
lalaa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lalaa »

MakeupGirly wrote:Anna finally gave Beth recognition for that video she made, she must feel like all her Christmasses have come at once!
lol, anna prob got sick of beth asking her about it every 5 mins. poor girl.
nickypicky
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by nickypicky »

yups :D
prettyitalianbella
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by prettyitalianbella »

here in california we are required by law to use the chest clip and make sure the straps are tight....however when i had my son a month ago the doc wouldnt let me use the head support i bought because it didnt come with the car seat originally. apparently it doesnt make a difference if theres head support padding in the car seat although i have to say it makes me paranoid so i always sit in the back with my son lol :love2:
~~♥above it all♥~~
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ~~♥above it all♥~~ »

Jaeme wrote:Aaaaand they're whoring the poor baby out again for more attention.

I do find it slightly amusing that they chose to put that advert on the page as his story :hee:

Poor kid. I feel sorry for that baby. She is very ute but her parents are so shamefull. They whore her out, let her sleeep in a dirty bed with dogs,dust and debree EVERYWHERE!

Return to “TheStyleDiet/SacconeJolys”