sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv- Part 13

Unread post by sand and water »

Bluewolf wrote:
sand and water wrote:SOOO I looked it up. Apparently the chest clips don't come with the car seat because the law over in Ireland and the UK (not sure about other countries) says that in the case of an accident the parent should be able to get the child out with one clip. I'm sorry but to me I would rather take the extra seconds to unclip the chest clip then to have the baby fly out of the car seat. I will say this though. Dummy needs to tighten those straps for sure.

It's very hard to describe but trust me when a baby is properly strapped and buckled in, they'd want to be the size of a marble to fly out of it! ;)
Keyword "properly." It looks as though dummy doesn't have the straps tight enough.
Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something you do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for." ~ Elder Neal Anderson.
language
Informer
Informer

Unread post by language »

lalaa wrote:i just watched the video and anna states that in the new house they have a dishwasher and better tumble dryer. they've both mentioned things like this in the last month or so. i'm assuming they already have their new place but just haven't shown it. also, i think they bought a house this time around rather than renting, because let's get real, did they have any other choice with 6 dogs, lol.
That's probably what she wants, but I doubt they're buying... I just don't think they'd have the money, and I'm not sure that any bank would want to give a mortgage where your ability to pay is backed by Youtube money. Even if they do, relying on Youtube for your income for the next twenty years or more isn't a good plan you know?

I'd say if they are moving into a place in December and already know they have it, they're waiting for the place to be renovated. Course, the landlord would have to renovate after a year of them again in that case.

I think they should really just accept their cocoon thing and move out to the country because prices would be cheaper (and Youtube isn't going to hold out for that long reasonably), and they could impress viewers for nothing in terms of city prices. Case in point, I even wish I didn't like city life because of:
http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1259026
Just over $1,300/month probably in the range of what they're paying now.

They'd destroy the place and be living with algae and white and yellow patched carpets and tan hand prints on everything, but the country would be a good way for them to put on a successful front, not highlight how socially inept their lives are, and would force them to think about shopping once a week and do something a bit more productive with the time they spend advertising for Tescos. They could at least isolate themselves in style.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

language wrote:
lalaa wrote:i just watched the video and anna states that in the new house they have a dishwasher and better tumble dryer. they've both mentioned things like this in the last month or so. i'm assuming they already have their new place but just haven't shown it. also, i think they bought a house this time around rather than renting, because let's get real, did they have any other choice with 6 dogs, lol.
That's probably what she wants, but I doubt they're buying... I just don't think they'd have the money, and I'm not sure that any bank would want to give a mortgage where your ability to pay is backed by Youtube money. Even if they do, relying on Youtube for your income for the next twenty years or more isn't a good plan you know?

I'd say if they are moving into a place in December and already know they have it, they're waiting for the place to be renovated. Course, the landlord would have to renovate after a year of them again in that case.

I think they should really just accept their cocoon thing and move out to the country because prices would be cheaper (and Youtube isn't going to hold out for that long reasonably), and they could impress viewers for nothing in terms of city prices. Case in point, I even wish I didn't like city life because of:
http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1259026
Just over $1,300/month probably in the range of what they're paying now.

They'd destroy the place and be living with algae and white and yellow patched carpets and tan hand prints on everything, but the country would be a good way for them to put on a successful front, not highlight how socially inept their lives are, and would force them to think about shopping once a week and do something a bit more productive with the time they spend advertising for Tescos. They could at least isolate themselves in style.
"isolate... in style" :lol:, I love that! I've not watched the latest vlog, but Anna did say in one vid on her channel (I think it called "Why am I moving?") that they'll be decorating and furnishing their next place from scratch. That they haven't been able to do anything colourful because they rent. I've no idea how buying a house in Ireland works and how much they, a) actually make, or b) how much they've managed to save, so how feasible that is, idk. I know Anna mentioned she wanted to be in Dublin, which is more expensive, no? I suppose they may have been given a nice bundle as a wedding gift from relatives, godparents, etc.
Btw, that house on daft is absolutely gorgeous. :bflower: <3. I'm a city girl too, but living in a place like Ireland where one could live in the country and be so close to the city, I might not mind, lol.
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

— The Master and Margarita
language
Informer
Informer

Gin0915 wrote: "isolate... in style" :lol:, I love that! I've not watched the latest vlog, but Anna did say in one vid on her channel (I think it called "Why am I moving?") that they'll be decorating and furnishing their next place from scratch. That they haven't been able to do anything colourful because they rent. I've no idea how buying a house in Ireland works and how much they, a) actually make, or b) how much they've managed to save, so how feasible that is, idk. I know Anna mentioned she wanted to be in Dublin, which is more expensive, no? I suppose they may have been given a nice bundle as a wedding gift from relatives, godparents, etc.
Btw, that house on daft is absolutely gorgeous. :bflower: <3. I'm a city girl too, but living in a place like Ireland where one could live in the country and be so close to the city, I might not mind, lol.
Some places mortgages are cheaper than renting- it's just without a good deposit, you're looking at a much longer term. One that even Youtube itself will probably have changed drastically by the time they're meant to be paying it off in. =/

Dublin's way more expensive. I'd say they're staying in Cork anyway because there's no way they could really cope without Anna's family with all the dogs, the baby, and the general slipping into disrepair of their living situations traditionally. Wonder if Tesco does furniture or if they're going to assume people will buy it for them. Maybe have some twelve year olds round to paint?
BlueEyedBelle
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BlueEyedBelle »

I loved a comment someone left on the vlog today that said something like "I think Jonathan was expecting Anna to give birth to a toddler with the way he treats Emilia"

I'm so sick of him poking, proding and getting all up in her face - I get that he's excited but that does NOTHING for babies at this stage of their lives. All newborns want is to be held and coddled, and spoken to gently. Not have full on broadway productions sung to them every time she poops.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

language wrote:
Gin0915 wrote: "isolate... in style" :lol:, I love that! I've not watched the latest vlog, but Anna did say in one vid on her channel (I think it called "Why am I moving?") that they'll be decorating and furnishing their next place from scratch. That they haven't been able to do anything colourful because they rent. I've no idea how buying a house in Ireland works and how much they, a) actually make, or b) how much they've managed to save, so how feasible that is, idk. I know Anna mentioned she wanted to be in Dublin, which is more expensive, no? I suppose they may have been given a nice bundle as a wedding gift from relatives, godparents, etc.
Some places mortgages are cheaper than renting- it's just without a good deposit, you're looking at a much longer term. One that even Youtube itself will probably have changed drastically by the time they're meant to be paying it off in. =/

Dublin's way more expensive. I'd say they're staying in Cork anyway because there's no way they could really cope without Anna's family with all the dogs, the baby, and the general slipping into disrepair of their living situations traditionally. Wonder if Tesco does furniture or if they're going to assume people will buy it for them. Maybe have some twelve year olds round to paint?
Is getting a mortgage difficult in Ireland? It's not easy in the US without excellent credit history and probably a decent down-payment. I do wonder if Dofus has some sort of concrete plan for the future. I'd really not be surprised if despite his rather absurd communication skills and widespread cluelessness, he's good with money and related issues. Yeah, it's probable that they (or Anna, lol) changed their minds about Dublin. They are keeping it all under wraps and dropping little hints here and there to build up anticipation and keep the viewers interested. I guess I don't blame them, lol. At least it'll keep people watching till new year. Hahaha, minions better keep their calendars clear for another meetup--housewarming this time.
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

BlueEyedBelle wrote:I loved a comment someone left on the vlog today that said something like "I think Jonathan was expecting Anna to give birth to a toddler with the way he treats Emilia"

I'm so sick of him poking, proding and getting all up in her face - I get that he's excited but that does NOTHING for babies at this stage of their lives. All newborns want is to be held and coddled, and spoken to gently. Not have full on broadway productions sung to them every time she poops.
Ah, gag, why does he talk to her--anybody, really--like that. It's so stupid, vulgar and immature. And it seriously makes me :barf:.

Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

Gin0915 wrote:
BlueEyedBelle wrote:I loved a comment someone left on the vlog today that said something like "I think Jonathan was expecting Anna to give birth to a toddler with the way he treats Emilia"

Ah, gag, why does he talk to her--anybody, really--like that. It's so stupid, vulgar and immature. And it seriously makes me :barf:.
O boy, I didn't realize that thing actually threw up, lol. I thought it was just greenly sick looking, haha.

nickypicky
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by nickypicky »

Gin0915 wrote:
Gin0915 wrote:

O boy, I didn't realize that thing actually threw up, lol. I thought it was just greenly sick looking, haha.

LOL :D :lol:
lalaa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lalaa »

language, that place is beautiful and the view is just amazing! the decor reminds me of sam schuerman, though. haha

gina, i remember her saying that as well. although her adding color into her life is laughable. painting emilias room pink is not adding color into a place, lol.

anyone remember anna having some sort of trustfund? not sure if that was a rumor or what not, but if she did get a nice chunk of money from her fathers passing, then i'd assume that's how they'd buy or possibly MSD has set aside some money for her girls for when they got married. either way, i do still think they have bought something and are probably keeping it all hush hush right now while paperwork is being finalized.
lalaa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lalaa »

haha, that comment is so true. did you watched yesterdays intro? it was pretty painful. :shock:
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

lalaa wrote:language, that place is beautiful and the view is just amazing! the decor reminds me of sam schuerman, though. haha

gina, i remember her saying that as well. although her adding color into her life is laughable. painting emilias room pink is not adding color into a place, lol.

anyone remember anna having some sort of trustfund? not sure if that was a rumor or what not, but if she did get a nice chunk of money from her fathers passing, then i'd assume that's how they'd buy or possibly MSD has set aside some money for her girls for when they got married. either way, i do still think they have bought something and are probably keeping it all hush hush right now while paperwork is being finalized.
I know, and everything else will be grey with khaki accents :lol:. I've never heard her/them mention a trust fund, but I know that people talked about it here in the very early threads. I merely skimmed through them, the early posts were far more vicious and there were rumours passed around as facts :(. I'm not sure from where they got that info, or if it actually had any substance. It may have arisen from the fact that she didn't seem to do anything or claimed she worked from home yet they seemed to have lived in rather nice apartments. But there was also some presumption that Dofus was wealthy, lol
I agree, it does look like they may have bought something. They may be also keeping it quiet in order to create the next interesting thing. Because otherwise, now that the baby is here, it's pretty downhill for them YT-wise.

language
Informer
Informer

Gin0915 wrote: Is getting a mortgage difficult in Ireland? It's not easy in the US without excellent credit history and probably a decent down-payment. I do wonder if Dofus has some sort of concrete plan for the future. I'd really not be surprised if despite his rather absurd communication skills and widespread cluelessness, he's good with money and related issues. Yeah, it's probable that they (or Anna, lol) changed their minds about Dublin. They are keeping it all under wraps and dropping little hints here and there to build up anticipation and keep the viewers interested. I guess I don't blame them, lol. At least it'll keep people watching till new year. Hahaha, minions better keep their calendars clear for another meetup--housewarming this time.
It's easy enough but unless you're really financially secure most of the options that are open to first time buyers are not that great long term. We also don't have the thing that the US has where handing back the keys hands off the mortgage- you're still liable for the rest of the mortgage above what the bank gets for the sale. And he does seem conniving that way, so hopefully he's not doing anything stupid like assuming long term job security. Employers are only going to get worse about checking social media for job suitability and he doesn't really have much marketable skills if Youtube doesn't pan out for the term of the mortgage (neither does Anna, she's getting old fast, and she has an older and not exactly fit husband who she's dependent on for the term of the mortgage...)

They could also just plan on renting to buy, there's a few developments like that.
language
Informer
Informer

Gin0915 wrote:
lalaa wrote:language, that place is beautiful and the view is just amazing! the decor reminds me of sam schuerman, though. haha

I know, and everything else will be grey with khaki accents :lol:. I've never heard her/them mention a trust fund, but I know that people talked about it here in the very early threads. I merely skimmed through them, the early posts were far more vicious and there were rumours passed around as facts :(. I'm not sure from where they got that info, or if it actually had any substance. It may have arisen from the fact that she didn't seem to do anything or claimed she worked from home yet they seemed to have lived in rather nice apartments. But there was also some presumption that Dofus was wealthy, lol
I agree, it does look like they may have bought something. They may be also keeping it quiet in order to create the next interesting thing. Because otherwise, now that the baby is here, it's pretty downhill for them YT-wise.
It might be something like conditions of her father's will rather than anything- they get x amount while in college, x amount for marriages, x amount towards insurance, x amount for presents to any grandchildren etc. That would be common enough for wills, but three never have to work trust funds seems like a lot, especially when the other two were so much younger and MSD had longer to provide for them without working. Even being big in academia has its limits.

It's going to be downhill for them anyways in terms of youtube especially if they buy a house this early- nobody's going to want to watch if they're keeping their kid in an undecorated house for a year with no development, and nobody's going to want to watch once it's apparent there's no more big things coming. Doubt Anna can stand that many emergency deliveries for under 200,000 views. That's only a potential few thousand in youtube->realmoneys and that's really not worth her getting more physically damaged by her lax approach to health, pregnancy and kids. Anything happens to the kid too and they're fucked long before the ink is dry on the contract- I don't see why they're not educating themselves more on childrearing if he is that money savvy.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

language wrote:
Gin0915 wrote: Is getting a mortgage difficult in Ireland? It's not easy in the US without excellent credit history and probably a decent down-payment. I do wonder if Dofus has some sort of concrete plan for the future. I'd really not be surprised if despite his rather absurd communication skills and widespread cluelessness, he's good with money and related issues. Yeah, it's probable that they (or Anna, lol) changed their minds about Dublin. They are keeping it all under wraps and dropping little hints here and there to build up anticipation and keep the viewers interested. I guess I don't blame them, lol. At least it'll keep people watching till new year. Hahaha, minions better keep their calendars clear for another meetup--housewarming this time.
It's easy enough but unless you're really financially secure most of the options that are open to first time buyers are not that great long term. We also don't have the thing that the US has where handing back the keys hands off the mortgage- you're still liable for the rest of the mortgage above what the bank gets for the sale. And he does seem conniving that way, so hopefully he's not doing anything stupid like assuming long term job security. Employers are only going to get worse about checking social media for job suitability and he doesn't really have much marketable skills if Youtube doesn't pan out for the term of the mortgage (neither does Anna, she's getting old fast, and she has an older and not exactly fit husband who she's dependent on for the term of the mortgage...)

They could also just plan on renting to buy, there's a few developments like that.
He was in IT before quitting, wasn't he? Hm, depending at what actually he's able to do, it may not be that bad for him. It'll depend on how cleverly he's able to market himself and the vlogging for a living fact. I mean, he could use fancy words, lol, videographer, producer, editor, composer, etc. I doubt that prospective employers will be viewers and looking at a few vlogs is not going to give him a bad rep right away. Really depends on whether they'll see him as a savvy person who managed to support himself by filming the beyond mundane, lol, or as a lazy slob who tried to get money for nothing.

language
Informer
Informer

Gin0915 wrote:
language wrote:

He was in IT before quitting, wasn't he? Hm, depending at what actually he's able to do, it may not be that bad for him. It'll depend on how cleverly he's able to market himself and the vlogging for a living fact. I mean, he could use fancy words, lol, videographer, producer, editor, composer, etc. I doubt that prospective employers will be viewers and looking at a few vlogs is not going to give him a bad rep right away. Really depends on whether they'll see him as a savvy person who managed to support himself by filming the beyond mundane, lol, or as a lazy slob who tried to get money for nothing.
Or if they read here, or look at his birthdate. A quick google search brings up as much bad as good. It's apparently getting more common for companies to practically facebookstalk new employees, and his kind of publicity wouldn't jive with most people in the upper end of IT- it's not like if he could be making more money from home there that he'd give it up. Maybe he does some on the side from his computer, but it's the kind of industry you don't want your last experience to be before half the technology was invented either. =/
Meringue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Meringue »

MakeupGirly wrote:Ya can't say I've ever seen a car seat with a chest clip here in Ireland, but that doesn't mean one country is right and one is wrong. Different countries feel different systems work best. I will say though that most car seats for infants are a lot more padded then that one! Does not look very comfortable. I also don't get why they never cover her in a blanket! It's cold here in Ireland right now, like I said earlier, only about 10c (50F)
10c BRRRR! I had no idea it was that cold already from the way they were dressing her.

That's colder than our winter where I live.
language
Informer
Informer

Meringue wrote:
MakeupGirly wrote:Ya can't say I've ever seen a car seat with a chest clip here in Ireland, but that doesn't mean one country is right and one is wrong. Different countries feel different systems work best. I will say though that most car seats for infants are a lot more padded then that one! Does not look very comfortable. I also don't get why they never cover her in a blanket! It's cold here in Ireland right now, like I said earlier, only about 10c (50F)
10c BRRRR! I had no idea it was that cold already from the way they were dressing her.

That's colder than our winter where I live.
It's closer to 16c here and sometimes even makes it up 18c (so about the low 60s in F) but still, yeah, pretty cold for a newborn to be out without a hat and such. We consider this summer, considering one can tell there's daylight this time of year. :P
Jaeme
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Jaeme »

MakeupGirly wrote:Anna finally gave Beth recognition for that video she made, she must feel like all her Christmasses have come at once!
Lol we're now being blamed for her having to disable ratings on that video and for the other girl deleting her entire blog. Why can they never see that what they did was weird / obsessive and more to the point why do they even read here if they think we're 'haters'
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

language wrote:
Gin0915 wrote:

It might be something like conditions of her father's will rather than anything- they get x amount while in college, x amount for marriages, x amount towards insurance, x amount for presents to any grandchildren etc. That would be common enough for wills, but three never have to work trust funds seems like a lot, especially when the other two were so much younger and MSD had longer to provide for them without working. Even being big in academia has its limits.

It's going to be downhill for them anyways in terms of youtube especially if they buy a house this early- nobody's going to want to watch if they're keeping their kid in an undecorated house for a year with no development, and nobody's going to want to watch once it's apparent there's no more big things coming. Doubt Anna can stand that many emergency deliveries for under 200,000 views. That's only a potential few thousand in youtube->realmoneys and that's really not worth her getting more physically damaged by her lax approach to health, pregnancy and kids. Anything happens to the kid too and they're fucked long before the ink is dry on the contract- I don't see why they're not educating themselves more on childrearing if he is that money savvy.
Yeah, if she had some sort of fund or money from her father, I'd find it difficult to believe it was much. I, too, doubt university professors, even top ones, make enough to set their kids up for life or even be overly generous. Even a small trust fund seems a stretch to me. And with three children, actually five, though he may not have left as much for his already adult and set up sons.
I was curious for a while now, how they plan to keep it interesting for their viewers from now on. I wonder if they are keeping in mind that since their audience is mainly teens, in a few years or less these teens will have other things to do, other interests. And younger kids will have newer interest than an aging gnome-man, his depressed wife and their dirty pack of dogs and kid(s).

Return to “TheStyleDiet/SacconeJolys”