TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv- Part 13

magicdragon
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv- Part 13

Unread post by magicdragon »

I doubt they are buying although house prices are at an all time low in Ireland. I just couldn't see a bank giving them a mortgage based on youtube unless they've sold themselves as self employed business. Doubt it though. Pity any future landlord and IF it's their own house it will be absolutely destroyed. That floor in their current house, my heart goes out to the poor landlady. Talk about being taken advantage of. They'd no right to have 6 dogs in that house.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

I find this so sad,
From a young age, I was taught the importance of language and reading. My father and maternal grandfather were both writers so books have always been a huge part of my life.

I have always been a very creative person, favouring the arts and literature to maths and science. In school, I studied English, Italian, German, French, Latin and Music at the School of Music in Cork, Ireland.
It's from http://www.thestylediet.com/about.html. She doesn't read anything but blogs and hopefully baby books, and hasn't created a thing in years. How did she study French when she struggles with pronunciation of simply named brands? And what art? Kitschy cupcake drawings?
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

— The Master and Margarita
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

magicdragon wrote:I doubt they are buying although house prices are at an all time low in Ireland. I just couldn't see a bank giving them a mortgage based on youtube unless they've sold themselves as self employed business. Doubt it though. Pity any future landlord and IF it's their own house it will be absolutely destroyed. That floor in their current house, my heart goes out to the poor landlady. Talk about being taken advantage of. They'd no right to have 6 dogs in that house.
I've no clue if one could do this, but they possibly could claim Stylehaul as their employer. I just don't know who'd rent to them with six dogs.
'Is that vodka?' Margarita asked weakly. The cat jumped up from its chair in indignation. 'Excuse me, your majesty,' he squeaked, 'do you think I would give vodka to a lady? That is pure spirit!'

language
Informer
Informer

Unread post by language »

Gin0915 wrote:I find this so sad,
From a young age, I was taught the importance of language and reading. My father and maternal grandfather were both writers so books have always been a huge part of my life.

I have always been a very creative person, favouring the arts and literature to maths and science. In school, I studied English, Italian, German, French, Latin and Music at the School of Music in Cork, Ireland.
It's from http://www.thestylediet.com/about.html. She doesn't read anything but blogs and hopefully baby books, and hasn't created a thing in years. How did she study French when she struggles with pronunciation of simply named brands? And what art? Kitschy cupcake drawings?
That's like almost a decade ago though. And I think she means arts like "liberal arts drop out". Wonder if the phrasing of the sentence is poor English, or she's trying to make it look like they teach languages at a music conservatorie she went to full time. Also: everyone here studies English.
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by geekinthepink »

Jaeme wrote:
MakeupGirly wrote:Anna finally gave Beth recognition for that video she made, she must feel like all her Christmasses have come at once!
Lol we're now being blamed for her having to disable ratings on that video and for the other girl deleting her entire blog. Why can they never see that what they did was weird / obsessive and more to the point why do they even read here if they think we're 'haters'
nobody freaking forced this girl to delete her blog. we just mentioned that she's one more nutter to post pictures of emilia all over the internet.

and for beth: ooh, happy daaaay... :rofl:
language
Informer
Informer

geekinthepink wrote:
Jaeme wrote:
MakeupGirly wrote:Anna finally gave Beth recognition for that video she made, she must feel like all her Christmasses have come at once!
Lol we're now being blamed for her having to disable ratings on that video and for the other girl deleting her entire blog. Why can they never see that what they did was weird / obsessive and more to the point why do they even read here if they think we're 'haters'
nobody freaking forced this girl to delete her blog. we just mentioned that she's one more nutter to post pictures of emilia all over the internet.

Didn't she come on here, agree it had been creepy, and decide to change the blog herself once someone drew attention to the creep factor? I think she had a momentary lapse of reason and did the right thing ASAP once she came to her senses. Beth just wishes there were haters because then it'd be unfounded criticism. The other girl though thought it was well founded, admitted as much, and grew from it. On that basis alone, she's more conscientious about Emilia's well being than J&A.
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

language wrote:
geekinthepink wrote:
Jaeme wrote:

Didn't she come on here, agree it had been creepy, and decide to change the blog herself once someone drew attention to the creep factor? I think she had a momentary lapse of reason and did the right thing ASAP once she came to her senses. Beth just wishes there were haters because then it'd be unfounded criticism. The other girl though thought it was well founded, admitted as much, and grew from it. On that basis alone, she's more conscientious about Emilia's well being than J&A.
yep, she did, after I called her out. and took down her blog. which is good for emilia. but nobody forced her to do that.
and bethy, sweetheart, anna probably only watched your video because 1) she read on GG that you got bashed for it big time and 2) you annoyed the crap out of her.

weirdo.
language
Informer
Informer

geekinthepink wrote:
yep, she did, after I called her out. and took down her blog. which is good for emilia. but nobody forced her to do that.
and bethy, sweetheart, anna probably only watched your video because 1) she read on GG that you got bashed for it big time and 2) you annoyed the crap out of her.

weirdo.
I didn't realise that she had taken the whole thing down now, but checking the address it does seem to be gone. I know she had the pictures gone and just a title picture of Emilia's name put up instead within a few minutes of you calling her out on the blog.... meanwhile Johnathan still has his little girl naked on the internet for all to see.
And yeah, I'm pretty sure the only reason why she hasn't full on blocked Beth is she sends packages- if Anna hadn't acknowledged the video or the I love Mommy baby sleeper (which I think she still hasn't) Beth might stop sending them packages to gain their love. Keep spending Beth, it can be bought.
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

language wrote:
Gin0915 wrote:I find this so sad,

That's like almost a decade ago though. And I think she means arts like "liberal arts drop out". Wonder if the phrasing of the sentence is poor English, or she's trying to make it look like they teach languages at a music conservatorie she went to full time. Also: everyone here studies English.
No, only 3-3 and half :(. I wondered at that sentence too, lol, it's a bit awkward. But she means the music part separately, haha. I figured, creative and arts, that she meant she had an interest in fine arts. Doesn't matter though, that whole spiel seems written by a completely different person. There's life and passion there.

geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

language wrote:
geekinthepink wrote:

weirdo.
I didn't realise that she had taken the whole thing down now, but checking the address it does seem to be gone. I know she had the pictures gone and just a title picture of Emilia's name put up instead within a few minutes of you calling her out on the blog.... meanwhile Johnathan still has his little girl naked on the internet for all to see.
And yeah, I'm pretty sure the only reason why she hasn't full on blocked Beth is she sends packages- if Anna hadn't acknowledged the video or the I love Mommy baby sleeper (which I think she still hasn't) Beth might stop sending them packages to gain their love. Keep spending Beth, it can be bought.
this is just so wrong. gaining love by sending packages. how completely lonely must a person be to send presents to her imaginary friends. I mean, does anyone remember the meet up? beth flew over from england. fatso greeted them and said "oh beth... yeah... of course.. beth." how lovely! this was almost a verbal hug! not.
Jaeme
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Jaeme »

If they are buying I guess they could have got MSD to take out the mortgage and they pay it? I'd say it's more likely they are renting though because YouTube isn't really a stable source of income and it's seem pretty risky to take out a loan based on a non guaranteed income.
language
Informer
Informer

Gin0915 wrote: No, only 3-3 and half :(. I wondered at that sentence too, lol, it's a bit awkward. But she means the music part separately, haha. I figured, creative and arts, that she meant she had an interest in fine arts. Doesn't matter though, that whole spiel seems written by a completely different person. There's life and passion there.
I meant the bit about school would have been pretty much before she was eighteen. (Even for the school of music, they drop off less talented individuals past childhood, so I doubt she attended past leaving secondary education.) Otherwise we would have heard about how she dropped the chance to become a famous soloist of such promise in music she doesn't listen to in order to become a model. It sounds like resume padding to me because in secondary school here most everyone would be taking three languages unless they had some learning difficulty- I assume she got a waiver on Irish because she wasn't in primary school here, but she might have had to take another European language to cover that. Opting for a fourth language isn't that odd if someone likes languages, and a fifth is pretty common if it's your parents' native tongue/your native tongue. I think she kind of assumes someone reading it will go WOW FIVE LANGUAGES, because the US doesn't have as big a language focus. In the school system here though taking five languages over your school career isn't terribly impressive- getting good grades in them would be.
Our resident Italian says she's not that good at all at Italian, and like you said, she's difficulty even with French brand names. She also didn't know what the German flag looked like or how to speak any of it besides "Oma" any more. (Emma meanwhile is fluent and going for much longer and more immersive residence rather than a brief internship with an American English company.) It's not like she's madly into English literature or anything of an adult reading level I can discern.
So... yeah, about three years back she's looking back to what is a a decade back now and even then resume padding... It's like that episode when Rachel in Friends puts on her highschool cheerleading costume for me.
language
Informer
Informer

Jaeme wrote:If they are buying I guess they could have got MSD to take out the mortgage and they pay it? I'd say it's more likely they are renting though because YouTube isn't really a stable source of income and it's seem pretty risky to take out a loan based on a non guaranteed income.
o.O Poor woman. I hope she doesn't put up the family home as collateral.
NomNomMinionMunch
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by NomNomMinionMunch »

language wrote:
lalaa wrote:i just watched the video and anna states that in the new house they have a dishwasher and better tumble dryer. they've both mentioned things like this in the last month or so. i'm assuming they already have their new place but just haven't shown it. also, i think they bought a house this time around rather than renting, because let's get real, did they have any other choice with 6 dogs, lol.
That's probably what she wants, but I doubt they're buying... I just don't think they'd have the money, and I'm not sure that any bank would want to give a mortgage where your ability to pay is backed by Youtube money. Even if they do, relying on Youtube for your income for the next twenty years or more isn't a good plan you know?

I'd say if they are moving into a place in December and already know they have it, they're waiting for the place to be renovated. Course, the landlord would have to renovate after a year of them again in that case.

I think they should really just accept their cocoon thing and move out to the country because prices would be cheaper (and Youtube isn't going to hold out for that long reasonably), and they could impress viewers for nothing in terms of city prices. Case in point, I even wish I didn't like city life because of:
http://www.daft.ie/searchrental.daft?id=1259026
Just over $1,300/month probably in the range of what they're paying now.

They'd destroy the place and be living with algae and white and yellow patched carpets and tan hand prints on everything, but the country would be a good way for them to put on a successful front, not highlight how socially inept their lives are, and would force them to think about shopping once a week and do something a bit more productive with the time they spend advertising for Tescos. They could at least isolate themselves in style.
I agree. But I just know to be prepared for yet another white walled, bland, generic, souless new home that they'll stay for another 6-12 months before moving on... AGAIN.
ImageImage
Gin0915
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Gin0915 »

language wrote:
Gin0915 wrote: No, only 3-3 and half :(. I wondered at that sentence too, lol, it's a bit awkward. But she means the music part separately, haha. I figured, creative and arts, that she meant she had an interest in fine arts. Doesn't matter though, that whole spiel seems written by a completely different person. There's life and passion there.
I meant the bit about school would have been pretty much before she was eighteen. (Even for the school of music, they drop off less talented individuals past childhood, so I doubt she attended past leaving secondary education.) Otherwise we would have heard about how she dropped the chance to become a famous soloist of such promise in music she doesn't listen to in order to become a model. It sounds like resume padding to me because in secondary school here most everyone would be taking three languages unless they had some learning difficulty- I assume she got a waiver on Irish because she wasn't in primary school here, but she might have had to take another European language to cover that. Opting for a fourth language isn't that odd if someone likes languages, and a fifth is pretty common if it's your parents' native tongue/your native tongue. I think she kind of assumes someone reading it will go WOW FIVE LANGUAGES, because the US doesn't have as big a language focus. In the school system here though taking five languages over your school career isn't terribly impressive- getting good grades in them would be.
Our resident Italian says she's not that good at all at Italian, and like you said, she's difficulty even with French brand names. She also didn't know what the German flag looked like or how to speak any of it besides "Oma" any more. (Emma meanwhile is fluent and going for much longer and more immersive residence rather than a brief internship with an American English company.) It's not like she's madly into English literature or anything of an adult reading level I can discern.
So... yeah, about three years back she's looking back to what is a a decade back now and even then resume padding... It's like that episode when Rachel in Friends puts on her highschool cheerleading costume for me.
Ah, ok, I see what you mean. Yeah, after studying a language, even if I would have forgotten how to speak it, I, at least, would know how to pronounce it. There was someone else who commented on her Italian, and she said she was quite decent, got all the tenses right and all. If she grew up bilingual, she really should be able to speak it reasonably well, for cat's sake. I lived in Italy for a year as a child but unfortunately forgot all but how to pronounce it. So, I can read it, haha, but not speak, and I understand a very little. To be a little bit fair, she did think the flag was German but wasn't sure *shrug*. The literature bit is part of the reason I find it so saddening. She claims to have loved reading. And now, nothing. Granted, maybe she felt compelled to read by the expectations of her family/father. She may even have enjoyed it, most of us do enjoy reading once we get into a book. But my main point was, even if she wrote that essay to make herself more interesting than she was, you could still feel the emotion and passion behind it. It wasn't flat, like most of her blog entries nowadays. Even her anniversary ode to Dofus didn't ring true to me.

Bluewolf
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bluewolf »

I just watched one or two of the meet up videos. Christ on a bike......AWKWARD!
geeklove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by geeklove »

Ew. I don't want to see her dried up scabby cord bit.
language
Informer
Informer

Gin0915 wrote: Ah, ok, I see what you mean. Yeah, after studying a language, even if I would have forgotten how to speak it, I, at least, would know how to pronounce it. There was someone else who commented on her Italian, and she said she was quite decent, got all the tenses right and all. If she grew up bilingual, she really should be able to speak it reasonably well, for cat's sake. I lived in Italy for a year as a child but unfortunately forgot all but how to pronounce it. So, I can read it, haha, but not speak, and I understand a very little. To be a little bit fair, she did think the flag was German but wasn't sure *shrug*. The literature bit is part of the reason I find it so saddening. She claims to have loved reading. And now, nothing. Granted, maybe she felt compelled to read by the expectations of her family/father. She may even have enjoyed it, most of us do enjoy reading once we get into a book. But my main point was, even if she wrote that essay to make herself more interesting than she was, you could still feel the emotion and passion behind it. It wasn't flat, like most of her blog entries nowadays. Even her anniversary ode to Dofus didn't ring true to me.
I think she read and enjoyed it rather than was wholly enthused. And she might take that for wholly enthused because she only lived by other people's expectations, so when she doesn't hate or mildy enjoys something she's doing she thinks that's what being enthused about something for yourself is. But even if she just enjoyed a book once she got into it, I don't think she can actually be enthused about it for herself- that would be having her own independent opinion and those are far beyond her safety zone.
The whole anniversary letter struck me like the Twilight apology- I doubt she wrote him anything as long in his anniversary card.
lalaa
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lalaa »

i may be in the minority here, but i think they have already bought a house and are possibly finalizing paperwork. lets get real, who in the hell is going to rent to them with 6 damn dogs, lol. in addition, they have been dropping hints for the last month or so and in yesterdays video anna clearly states she can not wait to move to their new house because it has a dishwasher and a better tumble dryer.

i saw a comment once on itsjudyslife saying youtubers get around $200 for 20,000 views. no idea if that is actually correct but if they are pumping out 2 videos a day from both channels plus annas blog income plus clicks from ads, they could be making a pretty decent living right now. also, they buy nothing other than food. majority of the things the own has been either sent by a company or a subscriber. however, I do agree with you ladies that youtube will not last forever and they definitely need a back up plan for the future.

we’ll see … only time will tell.
geekinthepink
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

geeklove wrote:Ew. I don't want to see her dried up scabby cord bit.
gag. me neither. attention whoring again, jofatso?

Return to “TheStyleDiet/SacconeJolys”