Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheStyleDiet/LeFloofTv- Part 13

Unread post by language »

magicdragon wrote:
beautyish2 wrote:From her FB

Anna Saccone
Trying to breastfeed, upload a video & get everything ready for tomorrow's Dublin trip at the same time...ha ha ha! This is not working!!

A trip already?! Anna I sure hope this time you will sit in the back with baby.
I can't help but think there is something behind this trip, ie. a tv appearance or something. Something financially beneficial to them anyway. Why else would they be bringing a 1 week old child all the way to Dublin and I don't think they gave any explanation as to why they were going there?
Jesus, why doesn't Anna just stay home with the kid? If it's something the two of them have to go for, most people will understand the whole one week old baby thing as a reason to postpone or not come. Anna will have to sit in back surely, because otherwise how would she feed or change Emilia for the 3 or 4 hour car journey? Am I expecting too much here- probably if they're going for something financial/publicity gaining and ignoring what 4 hours in a badly fitted car seat would do to a new born baby. Even with breaks in there, it's still going to hurt her.

I know they won't pay out for train tickets though.
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sand and water »

Anna Saccone
Trying to breastfeed, upload a video & get everything ready for tomorrow's Dublin trip at the same time...ha ha ha! This is not working!!

LMFAO She thinks that is hard work? Let's break it down. Daddy dummy is the one ACTUALLY uploading it, breastfeeding takes about 20 min, and planning a trip? yeah that takes huge brain power.

Try this Anna. Nursing a newborn while writing a 20-page paper for Lit class AND having a full time job where you write for a living, while having a husband that works ALL DAY OUTSIDE the home.... SMH... she can't be grateful for anything
Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something you do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for." ~ Elder Neal Anderson.
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

MBeckham wrote:Aww... all of her little minions hate me. =D
Are you megan(sp?) in there? I'll gladly back you up! I'm getting backlash too <~~octoberN here ;)
Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something you do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for." ~ Elder Neal Anderson.
magicdragon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by magicdragon »

sand and water wrote:Image To the Irish people on this board. What are your thoughts on this comment?
It's true it is said a lot in general. It's an expression and it really is meant as I'll be really annoyed with you. I know it makes little sense but I even recall my grandmother saying it. To be fair, I haven't heard it in a while and not sure I ever heard anybody say it to a little baby. I wouldn't read too much into it and I fear now the two of them will over use the expression given the level of reaction it got :(

It's not an expression I'd have used very often myself but when used it could be something like spilling coffee on my mothers good table cloth and thinking 'Oh no, she's going to kill me'.. knowing she would not literally kill me but would be very annoyed.

The reaction I've seen today has actually made me reflect a lot on the expression and wonder why we do use it. To other nationalities it must come across as very odd.
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Let's face it... the woman could be holding a knife and threatening Dum dum pants and the minions would still say SHE IS JUST JOKING! GOD GET A SENSE OF HUMOR!
nickypicky
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by nickypicky »

language wrote:
sand and water wrote:Image
To the Irish people on this board. What are your thoughts on this comment?
It's hard to tell without looking at the vlog, but Irish people could see it as part of our kind of darker humour and hyperbole. People do say "don't do x or I'll kill you", but I wouldn't have heard it expressed to a new born. New mums are generally kind of worried that people might think they would kill their baby though, which Anna doesn't seem to be- whether it's for a joke or for just general statement, it's the kind of thing one would be wary of saying unless to an audience known for expecting very dark humour. Close friends and family and such like, but saying it to a baby or putting it on the internet are kind of beyond that audience especially if you're going for wholesome teen entertainment.

Anna's not ever really had an Irish sense of humour that I've noticed. Puerile, yeah. Vicious, yeah. But neither in any sense that most humour here would read- we can be biting and venomous, yes, but the humour in saying to your kid you'll kill them is very low, more just basic irony *which isn't present for Anna since she might kill her*, and not worth putting out on the internet unless you're looking for your career to be over eighteens and dive dwelling.

Irish people also seem to be ignoring the other time that we use this situation as an illustration of abject but deserved fear: My mam will kill me. (Ye all got shivers and checked your consciences there a bit didn't you? I know I still do.) This isn't literal death, it's something far worse, generally far more public as you go down socio-economic scales, and probably where most of the remnants of Catholic guilt and shame came from originally. If Emilia felt that over throwing up, she would be one of those fucked up kids who constantly used the phrase "I can't my mam will kill me." You know the one's where you know their mother did regularly have them in tears down the street and everybody knew the kid's small infraction and got to watch the apology with the mother at the shoulder.

So I'm going with, vlog unseen, if Anna's got a dark sense of humour it's not really an Irish one, or her minions' demographic appropriate. She should keep it to herself and hopefully Emilia does have the same sense of humour. On the chance that she's actually going to be the kind of mother who would make Emilia wish she were dead because she threw up in later childhood, then, well, poor kid. It's a real possibility, if she makes it out of early infancy. I hate this kid's odds in life til she's a teenager really. :(
yeah and all that but for an infant...no. :shock:
MBeckham
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by MBeckham »

sand and water wrote:
MBeckham wrote:Aww... all of her little minions hate me. =D
Are you megan(sp?) in there? I'll gladly back you up! I'm getting backlash too <~~octoberN here ;)
Yes, I am. =) I was wondering who the october was. Hehe.
geeklove
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by geeklove »

sand and water wrote:Let's face it... the woman could be holding a knife and threatening Dum dum pants and the minions would still say SHE IS JUST JOKING! GOD GET A SENSE OF HUMOR!
100% truth right there.
jusayin15
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jusayin15 »

People in America say 'I'll kill you...' too, as a joke. I don't think it's a strictly Irish thing. I know I've said it many times myself. But add this 'joke' to all the snide little comments Ana has been making about her baby after just having a baby is worrying.

She needs to just shut her mouth if she has nothing nice to say about her baby, let Jo handle it. I trust him more with the baby than her. I don't honestly think she'll outright hurt her baby but I guess neglect and verbal abuse are a form of hurting. Though I worry about the lack of brains Jo has, he REALLY needs to work on that.
MBeckham
Amateur
Amateur

I really love how they're saying I had a sad life, blah blah. I'm nasty, pathetic, etc.

Honestly, I'm a really nice person. I'll be 25 in a few weeks. I have 3 beautiful children and an amazing husband. I don't normally write negative things in the comments, I ignore most things, but since having that baby, something has just clicked and I can't just not say anything, maybe it's the mommy in me and wanting to make that baby 100% safe. I'm not sure. I'm not a mean person, by any means.. until their vlogs. Eh...
magicdragon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by magicdragon »

I feel sad watching the last few vlogs because it's becoming clear that Anna is going to be a very cold mother. My heart goes out to the little girl. I think Anna sets a standard for everything and poor Emilia spitting up on her OOTD really put her out. It annoyed me when she sat on the bed shouting orders at Jofus who was searching for a new outfit. Why didn't she get up off her arse and get it herself seen as she knows where all the different tops etc are. He's so ass whipped it's not even funny. I'd say he's terrified to put a foot wrong in that house and poor Emilia will end up the same if that cold cow continues getting her way. It's such a shame because I honestly expected and hoped to see another side of Anna once the baby came but it's clear now she's one dimensional.
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Yeah the only death threats Emilia is getting are from her own mom! *ba da ching*

BTW: the person who wrote this comment, I like her and we pretty much agree with each other.
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

MBeckham wrote:I really love how they're saying I had a sad life, blah blah. I'm nasty, pathetic, etc.

Honestly, I'm a really nice person. I'll be 25 in a few weeks. I have 3 beautiful children and an amazing husband. I don't normally write negative things in the comments, I ignore most things, but since having that baby, something has just clicked and I can't just not say anything, maybe it's the mommy in me and wanting to make that baby 100% safe. I'm not sure. I'm not a mean person, by any means.. until their vlogs. Eh...
Yeah they are calling me sad and pathetic too, but at the end of the day, they are the ones scanning the comments for criticism AND replying to it, so what does that say about them?
MBeckham
Amateur
Amateur

sand and water wrote:Image

Yeah the only death threats Emilia is getting are from her own mom! *ba da ching*

BTW: the person who wrote this comment, I like her and we pretty much agree with each other.
HA! Now that was good!!
ohmymel

Unread post by ohmymel »

Postpartum depression, maybe? Or worse than that!

I don't really watch them like that because I can't stand the guy, is YouTube his "source of income" too? Does he not have a job?
Bebenugget

Unread post by Bebenugget »

Most of my mum and my dads family are irish ( both nans, my dad, several cousins ect) but im English and we use that expression ALOT in my family. Examples...

*spilt coffee on the carpet* " oh no ! My mum is going to kill me/murder me "
*my sandwich is in fridge* ( ross of friends style) " if you eat that i will kill you"

I can imagine it being very strange if youve never heard it before but to me its very common

Anna clearly has bonding issues and im inclinded to think she is jelous that emilia is getting 'her' attention, which i cant understand ! Im only 16 and i already know that if i had a baby i would want everyone to see her and be giving her attention. If anything i would get jelous if somebody was playing with her and i wanted to cuddle her haha

As far as letting her cry goes, that makes me really angry, i have a half sister and i was 7 when she was born. Even at age seven i would run to her and cuddle her to stop her crying ! Or go and tell my step mum she needed her.

I think jofus is doing really well and you can tell he loves his little girl but anna needs to grow up and get over herself

Also ! When the shop assistant complimented her you could tell she was delighted and begging for more. She disgusts me
sand and water
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

ohmymel wrote:Postpartum depression, maybe? Or worse than that!

I don't really watch them like that because I can't stand the guy, is YouTube his "source of income" too? Does he not have a job?
I would love to say yes she probably has that, but honestly this is how Anna has been since day 1 of her being on YouTube. She is a selfish little entitled brat, who has made more than 1 video on a phobia of pregnancy and never wanting to have kids. She thinks she is a princess and should be taken care of, instead of taking care of her newborn daughter. So honestly about the PPD... I doubt it..
beautyish2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by beautyish2 »

magicdragon wrote:

Anna Saccone

I can't help but think there is something behind this trip, ie. a tv appearance or something. Something financially beneficial to them anyway. Why else would they be bringing a 1 week old child all the way to Dublin and I don't think they gave any explanation as to why they were going there?

I wouldn't put it past them..and if so..they are terrible.
MBeckham
Amateur
Amateur

I live in Florida and I've obviously heard the phrase "so and so is going to kill me If I do this" blah blah, but it's not something you say to your newborn. At all.

I had post partum depression with my children, but I never acted how Anna does. I don't think she has it.

Return to “TheStyleDiet/SacconeJolys”