nchollywood Part 1

FLOSSY77

Re: nchollywood

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

They have to check out all reports. The bullshit calls are why so many cases fall beneath the cracks. People should take this more seriously when calling on someone. These case workers are loaded with cases. LF3 is right. If you are doing everything right no worries.
whatsername_

Unread post by whatsername_ »

God. Some people just think they know best and won't let it go.

Allyshia did the right thing by letting this roll off of her back. It shows that she's matured.
If this was, what? A year ago, she would've probably pulled a Tayler.
I'm proud of her for how she's handling this and obviously, she's going to learn from it.
She's a good mom, and nothing is happening to her children.
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by gypsophila »

I don't get why some of you are still saying this is nothing. It's not nothing in Canada. It's not like the Tayler thing. CPS here is much more proactive. They take kids. They keep a file on you. I agree, this was a silly reason for them to be called, but even so, you can't just pretend like it's just going to go away. You have a formal interview to get through, at your house. She has to be competent and at ease, definitely. I'm sure it will be fine, but it is a big deal.
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
whatsername_

gypsophila wrote:I don't get why some of you are still saying this is nothing. It's not nothing in Canada. It's not like the Tayler thing. CPS here is much more proactive. They take kids. They keep a file on you. I agree, this was a silly reason for them to be called, but even so, you can't just pretend like it's just going to go away. You have a formal interview to get through, at your house. She has to be competent and at ease, definitely. I'm sure it will be fine, but it is a big deal.

But overreacting could cause more damage, right?
I'm not sure how it works in Canada.

But I do think Allyshia is handling it well.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

astoldbyashleigh_ wrote:
gypsophila wrote:I don't get why some of you are still saying this is nothing. It's not nothing in Canada. It's not like the Tayler thing. CPS here is much more proactive. They take kids. They keep a file on you. I agree, this was a silly reason for them to be called, but even so, you can't just pretend like it's just going to go away. You have a formal interview to get through, at your house. She has to be competent and at ease, definitely. I'm sure it will be fine, but it is a big deal.

But overreacting could cause more damage, right?
I'm not sure how it works in Canada.

But I do think Allyshia is handling it well.
How it works! You have a 30 day in-tale file open. In those 30 days you get ann in-take worker and then a "unannounced" house visit within a few days of the case being open. Now the kids can be taken on the spot right when they ring the door bell or they will make sure the kids are safe with a fellow family member or a family member watching over you. Now after the 30 days are up your case is closed at the in-take level or you are given a case worker and an on-going open case level. That can remain open for another 30 (maybe 60) days. If you close at an in-take level CPS generally doesn't care about you. But if it stays open longer then the original 30 best be watching you back even if its something as little as a splinter. CPS here is fucked up! We have non-profit organisations that literally come help you out in my area because they take kids away for a paper cut. Some workers don't have their real/proper certification so best be asking for proper certification and identity. Shit is serious in my area. I only know this cause of my parents jobs and they had to deal with this first hand (my dad is a soon to be retired police officer so he has witnessed CPS in horrible action).
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

Great explanation. It's serious business guys. It's extremely difficult to stay composed under these circumstances, but you have to be totally calm and even. No talking back, no longwinded explanations, no attitude. Then when it's done and you shut the door you can go screaming into your pillow, rant and rave, cry, swear, whatever you need to do to relieve the stress. It's a shitty situation that someone brought this down on Allyshia.
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
placebo
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by placebo »

The CPS is the same in Finland. They're being crazily pro-active here ever since a very very heart breaking case. Media practically ripped CPS apart after that and now they're cleaning up their mess by being more cautious.

Don't give them any attitude. Stay calm and composed.
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by subject99 »

Yeah I know for a fact if Tayler was in my area her kids would have been taken right on the spot. She would be on an on-going level with her kids in foster care or a family member.

Its best to only answers questions when asked and keep the short to yes or no if you do need to explain keep it short and simple and SIGN NO PAPERS! seriously sign nothing! if anything call the legal aid line as well.
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

CPS in Canada does seem the same and different than the states, but it definitely does seem a little more severe. I agree, you shouldn't flip out and make a scene, that won't help with anything period, just be careful like some have said if you're under that surveillance for the next 30 days. Allyshia is a good mother, so I doubt she'd do anything else to send a red flag. I still find it silly that CPS was called over this, but I'm thinking perhaps the caller was genuinely concerned. If not, that's not very right. You can't find out who reported you correct?
whatsername_

TaylorKnows wrote:CPS in Canada does seem the same and different than the states, but it definitely does seem a little more severe. I agree, you shouldn't flip out and make a scene, that won't help with anything period, just be careful like some have said if you're under that surveillance for the next 30 days. Allyshia is a good mother, so I doubt she'd do anything else to send a red flag. I still find it silly that CPS was called over this, but I'm thinking perhaps the caller was genuinely concerned. If not, that's not very right. You can't find out who reported you correct?
:roll:
doulamommy

Unread post by doulamommy »

Yeah, I don't think they tell you. But underaged drinking was not the concern, especially since some of the girls from my school who are my age and younger post about getting shit faced and doing weed and shit all the time. I honestly think someone called JUST out of spite. Not like when Tayler was called. There is a genuine concern for her children. But there is no reason for any one to think my children are in danger. Oh wait. Maybe. I gave Lilia some POP CORN yesterday :O
TWDfan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by TWDfan »

astoldbyashleigh_ wrote:
TaylorKnows wrote:CPS in Canada does seem the same and different than the states, but it definitely does seem a little more severe. I agree, you shouldn't flip out and make a scene, that won't help with anything period, just be careful like some have said if you're under that surveillance for the next 30 days. Allyshia is a good mother, so I doubt she'd do anything else to send a red flag. I still find it silly that CPS was called over this, but I'm thinking perhaps the caller was genuinely concerned. If not, that's not very right. You can't find out who reported you correct?
What's with the eye roll? Was it because she said Allyshia was a good mother or that she stated her opinion.? Or was it that she said it was silly CPS was called? I'm kind of confused here. Please elaborate on what the eye roll was for please.
Last edited by TWDfan on Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
whatsername_

FYI, I will respond however I choose to, "snarkily" or not, to anyone on this board.
If you don't like it, do not pm me, just foe me.
whatsername_

TWDfan wrote:
astoldbyashleigh_ wrote:
What's with the eye roll? Was it because she said Allyshia was a good mother or that she stated her opinion. Or was it that she said it was silly CPS was called? I'm kind of confused here. Please elaborate on what the eye roll was for please.
You know exactly why I included the eye roll.
TWDfan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by TWDfan »

astoldbyashleigh_ wrote:
If I did, I wouldn't have asked. :|
ImageImage
doulamommy

I'm a dayum guud mawm.
whatsername_

TWDfan wrote:
astoldbyashleigh_ wrote:
If I did, I wouldn't have asked. :|
Fine. I rolled my eyes because HOW many times is Taylor say she disliked Allyshia and how Allyshia didn't take advice/was bullheaded? How many times did she say she wasn't going to give unsolicited advice anymore?

And HERE SHE IS. GIVING ADVICE.
My god.
TWDfan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by TWDfan »

astoldbyashleigh_ wrote: Fine. I rolled my eyes because HOW many times is Taylor say she disliked Allyshia and how Allyshia didn't take advice/was bullheaded? How many times did she say she wasn't going to give unsolicited advice anymore?

And HERE SHE IS. GIVING ADVICE.
My god.
Allyshia barely takes advice from anyone. :?
It doesn't matter if it's the fucking president of the United States. She just doesn't like advice. Just because she doesn't like Allyshia, doesn't mean she can't try to get it through Allyshia's thick skull.
I don't know about Taylor saying she wasn't going to give advice anymore so I can't really say anything about that.
Anyways, thanks for telling me. :P
ImageImage
doulamommy

Yikes guys, calm down!
whatsername_

I am calm.

Return to “nchollywood”