You guys wanna see my newbie cloth diaper stash? It's adorableeeee
#FreeBen
subject99
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Baby Fever

Unread post by subject99 »

blackbettybamf wrote:You guys wanna see my newbie cloth diaper stash? It's adorableeeee
Yeeeees !!!
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by blackbetty »

I have a couple that are just plain white too =p I would put ALL of these on a girl so if I ever had another girl I literally would need like 5 diapers total lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#FreeBen
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

Ahhh, the cuteness! <3

I totally want to cloth diaper, but hubby says no :( Extra laundry and cleaning out poop and all that doesn't make him too happy. I don't get it though because I do (nearly) all the housework around here, AND he's a frugalist, so a one-time buy of a diaper as opposed to a pack of disposables over time...???
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
surferbunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by surferbunny »

I bought a bunch of newbie cloths too <3

but they are boys and the boy ones just are not as adorable as the girl ones imo lol, they cost a pretty penny too which kind of sucks but on amazon you can find such great prices on cloths sometime

excited to use them but I do have a shit load of disposables as well LOL
baby # 2 due early 2015 ..fingers crossed for PINK!!
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

You don't have to deal with poop at all until they start solids or formula!

Cleaning out poop is NBD. Every once in awhile there is a nightmare diaper but I've had those in disposables before. I've NEVER had a blowout in cloth, did it for almost 3 years (we still do at night), I do AT MOST 3 extra loads of laundry a week. Plus it isn't like normal laundry and doesn't have the same need to be hung or folded right away. Plus all the toxic shit in disposable diapers that first goes against baby's skin and then into a landfill?

Also, one thing that sold me on cloth is that (I know no one actually does this but it is actually true) it is actually ILLEGAL to throw away a poopy disposable diaper. You are supposed to dump the poop into the toilet. Just like cloth. It actually says this on packages of diapers. Since disposable diapers have only been a mainstream thing for the last 50-60 years, we really have no clue what effect these chemicals can have on our kids or how long it will take for all those disposable diapers to decompose in a landfill (releasing all that chemical goodness into our soil and water supply, yummmyyyy) but estimates are about 250+ years! Insane.

Here is a good article on the impact of cloth vs disposables. http://www.realdiaperassociation.org/diaperfacts.php

Lindsey style disclaimer: sorry to get all preachy, I really don't judge people who don't cloth diaper - these reasons are just major factors that swayed my decision to go cloth with my youngest (though my research was prompted by the chemical burns she was getting from disposables)
#FreeBen
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

surferbunny wrote:I bought a bunch of newbie cloths too <3

but they are boys and the boy ones just are not as adorable as the girl ones imo lol, they cost a pretty penny too which kind of sucks but on amazon you can find such great prices on cloths sometime

Haha most of mine I bought at a STEAL. The only ones I paid full price for were ones I HAD TO HAVE and wasn't sure i could find them later. One of the perks to building a cloth diaper stash for my next baby before I even start TTC =p right now my 3 year old loves to diaper her baby dolls with them.
#FreeBen
surferbunny
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by surferbunny »

blackbettybamf wrote:
surferbunny wrote:I bought a bunch of newbie cloths too <3

Haha most of mine I bought at a STEAL. The only ones I paid full price for were ones I HAD TO HAVE and wasn't sure i could find them later. One of the perks to building a cloth diaper stash for my next baby before I even start TTC =p right now my 3 year old loves to diaper her baby dolls with them.
Ha I always thought they'd be so cute on a doll just to play with :P (I loved dolls for the longest time lol) your stash is so cute, it is amazing how many some people have I just hope I can make it to about 40 diapers before he gets here

I am so close
baby # 2 due early 2015 ..fingers crossed for PINK!!
blackbetty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I got some GREAT deals online for Black Friday sales my first year of CDIng when I was still stash building!

My fav prefolds are Green Mountain diapers Clotheez, omg they are awesome!

I use mostly goodmamas. Some people have issues with them because they can be really pricey (unless you wait for a great deal!) but I like them because they are all natural materials and they are made in the US by people who are paid fair wages to make them and that's a cause I can get behind.
#FreeBen
MakeupGirly
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by MakeupGirly »

Baby fever since I was 17 and I'm now 20. So I've had it constantly for three years!
I want to wait until I'm at least in my mid twenties though. The fact that I'd miss out on trips abroad and nights out if I were to settle down now and have kids keeps me from getting into a serious relationship. I just feel like I've got my whole life for kids and being tied down why waste my youth doing it now.
queenofhearts
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by queenofhearts »

I've had it SO bad for about a year and a half. I'm in a serious relationship (2.5 years, we've lived together for 1.5 and have a house together, as well as a puppy who's our baby) but I'm still not in a position at all to have kids. I'm almost 21 but only in my third year of an English degree before I do my masters in Education, so I definitely don't have time or money to raise a child. My boyfriend is trying to get into med school and we're hopefully going to be married sometime in the next few years, and then after he finishes med school and we travel a bit we'll think about trying to have a child. He says 10 years, I say no freakin' way I'm waiting that long, haha. Every time I see a baby my ovaries physically ache. I don't post much here (I mostly stalk the nchollywood/kristypuff/taylertradgedy threads), but augh I needed to vent my baby fever.
Chevbowlyn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Chevbowlyn »

This gives me baby fever even though I have a 6 month old and 3 others... Enough for me at the moment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
strawberries
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by strawberries »

Is that one of your children or a random picture?
Chevbowlyn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Chevbowlyn »

strawberries wrote:Is that one of your children or a random picture?
Random. It was from the Birth Without Fear Instagram
AuntieToABabyBoy:)
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by AuntieToABabyBoy:) »

I have it too :) I always find myself looking at baby stuff on the internet and when I go out :D
Being a auntie is the best gift in the world and when I become a mother my life would be perfect <3 :)
kthanks

Unread post by kthanks »

I'm not a regular poster to these forums so I hope you don't mind me participating in this conversation but my goodness I've had Baby Fever for the past few years but it's gotten so bad the past few months. It doesn't help that everyone around me keeps posting pictures of their adorable little ones. *sigh* one day soon.
mommyoftwogirlsca
Talker
Talker

Unread post by mommyoftwogirlsca »

I have baby fever hardcore it usually starts once my kids turn one. My youngest is two and I would love another one. my hubby wants to wait though and that is hard lol.
TaylorKnows

Unread post by TaylorKnows »

I have it, but know I'm going to wait 7+ years. I wanna get my teaching degree and teach a year or two before I start. It's hard since I see lots of kids and my mom has a daycare, only one kid so far but he's adorable. But it seems whenever it gets bad, I babysit and I'm like "Yeah, gonna wait." Lol. I do know one day I want to be a mom, not concrete about how many I actually want though.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

I want to wait to TTC until close to summer time, because I don't want to be heavily pregnant in summer...it hits 80s/90s here and is uncomfortable sometimes.

But I don't know if life is gonna let me wait, because I might be knocked to the up at the moment...6 days until I can test. Yay.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
kthanks

Unread post by kthanks »

TaylorKnows wrote:I have it, but know I'm going to wait 7+ years. I wanna get my teaching degree and teach a year or two before I start. It's hard since I see lots of kids and my mom has a daycare, only one kid so far but he's adorable. But it seems whenever it gets bad, I babysit and I'm like "Yeah, gonna wait." Lol. I do know one day I want to be a mom, not concrete about how many I actually want though.
Hey, I'm going to school to be a teacher too! What grade and/or subject do you want to teach? I'm so torn between wanting to have a kid BEFORE I start teaching so then I won't have to take time off in my first few years (obvious negative is that it would be hard to finish school while pregnant/caring for a baby) and having a child in my first few years of teaching.

Return to “TTC, Pregnancy, and Parenting”