rMeghann?

tellitlikeitis
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: rMeghann?

Unread post by tellitlikeitis »

Thoughts on her recent come-back? I have an entirely different outlook on her now- I feel uncomfortable watching her beg all her subscribers to donate a dollar or fifty cents so she can "give Carter a sibling". She seems disturbingly desperate and placing it all on this perceived "need" that Carter has for a sibling as well as her odd moods and strange speech slurring- I'm actually worried for her!
annat88
Informer
Informer

Unread post by annat88 »

It is quite strange. She disappears for over a year and then comes back asking for money? I know what it's like to struggle with depression and infertility so I am not discounting that she could have been in a hard place. It just seems weird to return and say she needs money to start IVF in a few weeks and her husband isn't even on the same page. Her behavior has always been up and down- the manic highs she talked about at the beginning of her video to now where she seems medicated, almost sedated even.
dfwmom
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by dfwmom »

So I have numerous thoughts on this recent comeback...

I used to be one of her biggest supporters so this pains me to have to say some of this stuff...

1. She seems different now. Not like in an 'I've grown up over the last year and you haven't seen me because I haven't made any videos' different, but like weird different... slurring her words, taking a long time to over-pronunciate some words, getting REALLY distracted about nothing during her videos, etc. She was never known as an English scholar or anything on her channel but this new version of her seems like she is on drugs, or drunk, and I don't like either option.
2. She seems REALLY depressed. I don't know whether this is related to or caused by or an effect of #1, but it is sad. She always seemed like she was a genuinely happy person and she seems to be completely defined by her inability to have another child. I am not going to bash that part because I don't have fertility issues, so I don't know what it is like, but it seems like at some point, she should be grateful for the child that she has and realize that he was a miracle. I remember her talking before about how when they did IVF with Carter that her doctors were only able to retrieve one egg and that turned out to be Carter. She has major fertility issues and knew that this was going to be a struggle.
3. The begging for money thing... She was never a 'regular' putter-upper of videos, outside of pregnancy updates when she was pregnant with Carter, but she usually was good for one at least every couple of weeks. However, she was gone for a year and then comes back to say that they need money for IVF so she can give Carter a sibling and begs outright for money... this is tacky. It's just like someone said in the comments of her first begging for money video - it is difficult to watch her sit there in an awesome new house, with a husband that works enough and makes enough money to allow her to stay home full time, wearing nice clothes and nice shoes and talk about how she needs her viewers to donate 'whatever they can - even a dollar!' for her to have another baby. It's just all very strange.
4. I was hoping that her second video from last night would have been a 'we have come to our senses and decided to take down the donate button because we realized how tacky it was' but no.... it was further begging that she got good blood work and wants to be able to do IVF this month and that she still needs more donations and gave explicit detail about how much is appropriate (even a dollar!), how to donate, etc.

I am really thinking about unsubscribing because I don't care for this person that she has become.
tellitlikeitis
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tellitlikeitis »

I'll stay subscribed because I'm interested to see how this pans out. I really hope she gets herself sorted out before another baby gets thrown into the mix because #1 it's no good for children to be witnessing her erratic moods and #2 after another baby what's to say all of these emotions won't overcome her all over again? I do think she is a sweet person at heart but she is clearly very desperate and messed up at this point- this is something she has non-stop thought about and now it is an obsession which she is so invested in that she is even telling Carter he will be a big brother and she seems to be convincing herself it will happen one way or another no matter what. I would be very interested to know her husbands true feelings on everything- his wife's mental state/actions and his desire for another baby, whether he is as invested and full-on as her or not.
anna12345
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by anna12345 »

I feel sorry for her. :( I also believe miracles can happen. It's still possible for her to conceive a child naturally, if she doesn't have enough money for this procedure. I know people who couldn't conceive for 20 years and then suddenly became pregnant, when there was no hope at all. So good luck to Meghann!
Snarklover
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Snarklover »

Her video that was her "comeback" showed up in my suggested videos today. I had never heard of her and decided to click on it. Holy shit, she seems batshit crazy! In all fairness, this is the only video of hers that I've watched, but she admitted in the video that she had been gone for a year and then she comes back and her first video is begging for money and using her cute kid as a way to make us feel sorry for her??? Who does that?? I saw through her bullshit right away.
annat88
Informer
Informer

Unread post by annat88 »

She's disappeared again too. I wonder how much money she got. It's so disrespectful to those who donated to come back out of nowhere begging then go missing again.
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

Her dec 4th video has a new comment from her today explains IVF failed.
Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
annat88
Informer
Informer

Unread post by annat88 »

I hate seeing anyone go through infertility so I hate to hear that, but I wish her YouTube relationship with viewers wasn't so one sided 99% of the time. I never go back to check old comments so I would have never known that. It would be great if she would have updated along the way at all.
FLOSSY77

Unread post by FLOSSY77 »

She sounds so drugged. She is sweet. But a crazy. She doesn't need another baby. That won't fix things. The nerve to ask for donations. Get a job! She is a nutjob.
Cinnamon Stick
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Cinnamon Stick »

How sad! : (

I used to really like her too but the Donation video is just wrong.

For starters she does sound VERY slurry and out of it in the video...and second, she should have split those videos up! She looks even more crazy when one second she is gushing about this new step in her life and how she just knows it's all going to work...and then cut to the end (filmed the next day) where her husband is uncomfortable with the whole thing and doesn't feel the same way that she does so she is depressed all over again. Such a drastic swing in the matter of a day sounds very unstable to me.

I feel terrible what she is going through, but I really don't feel like she is ready with her mind all over the place like it seems.

Did she take the Donation video down? Or is she possibly still collection cash from people when the procedure didn't take...and she has yet to make a video update. I fully understand she doesn't owe anything to anyone...but in this case, her subscribers helped her out and she has said/done nothing in return.

Kinda shady.
thegooseiscooked

Unread post by thegooseiscooked »

She sits in her beautiful house full of expensive decorations, her hair and makeup perfect and she asks for money for IVF.

She seems slightly unhinged, her husband is not on board for her asking online for donations but she's gonna do it anyway and she is so desperate to have another baby she is neglecting the one she already has. Suffering depression and anxiety yet the medication makes her appear drunk.

Scary situation. I think she needs to get her own health in order before having another baby.

Used to love her, now she scares the shit out of me.
annat88
Informer
Informer

Unread post by annat88 »

It's more than kinda shady, it's very shady. Disrespectful is more like it. She does owe her subscribers the 20 minutes it would take to record and upload a quick update of two minutes saying what happened. People gave her their support and money. She just disappeared. It is awful.
dfwmom
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by dfwmom »

It would be interesting to know how much money she actually received... just because I am nosy.
FLOSSY77

I would like to know also. I really don't feel she is stable. Her husband has to be worried.
OnAPlaydate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OnAPlaydate »

So I thought people might be interested in knowing that Meghann has an Instagram and has replied back to someone about the latest fertility treatment. I would screenshot them for you, but my technology isn't cooperating. Her Instagram account is the same as her YouTube account.

I guess the round failed, which is sad and I feel sad for her, but I think she should make a video. Most of her subscribers probably have no idea about the Instagram, so they're going to still be in the dark. I also checked her YouTube and she took down the videos asking for money and such. I get that this is really hard for her, but she asked for money from people and they gave it to her. It would at least be the kind thing to do to come out and say thank you.
FLOSSY77

She should have never asked for help without keeping people posted.
She can't be held to the same standards as others. She is unstable. Bipolar? Idk. Something is going on.
Imbluedabadidabadi
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Imbluedabadidabadi »

I thought she made a video talking about her depression and some drug that they had her on that explained the crazy manic episodes and the slurring... Or was that in my head? I thought it was outside on her deck or something where she explained how rough of a time she had/has been having?
FLOSSY77

Just google fun drugs for depression. She has lost it.
dfwmom
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by dfwmom »

Imbluedabadidabadi wrote:I thought she made a video talking about her depression and some drug that they had her on that explained the crazy manic episodes and the slurring... Or was that in my head? I thought it was outside on her deck or something where she explained how rough of a time she had/has been having?
She did have a video like that... more than a year ago, possibly two. I haven't looked to see if it's still there..

Return to “Q-Z”